Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m waiting on my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

(The shopkeeper)

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Way to rolefish me though Grandi!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Vigging me in that scenario would have been the absolute best.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm good with Sandi or SNG. Probably Hal too just for the trifecta

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

But I know you can't possibly be a vig as the game has been up for more than 30 minutes and you haven't shot yet.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Shop keeper, I am going into battle and I require your strongest potions.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

God I wish it were an all Sand scum team. It would have been glorious.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandicap posted:

God I wish it were an all Sand scum team. It would have been glorious.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Not getting good feelings about dex and also sng somewhat. Binus not coming across great this far either.

Feel decent about Tom I think, no one else really jumping out to me

Is my vote still on deadmeat? He’s not that great either now looking back, still gonna ##vote Dexanth as much as I like to give returning vets some time.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dexanth posted:

Anyways I am supposed to fly home today but also the flight is overbooked so in a few hours I will know if Delta is going to give me $500 to get bumped who knows

Awww I feel bad voting an airport buddy

Also apologies I notice I used the wrong pronoun earlier! Argh!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

Shop keeper, I am going into battle and I require your strongest potions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N_FGsw7hTKA

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hey guys I have a huge favor to ask. Can you all please exit the shop

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

b-minus1 posted:

B is softclaiming fire marshal.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

I ain't gonna risk faking a day action.

But for giggles I exit the shop

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
This is no laughing matter. Everybody get out now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

How

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

lets all crowd the exit, trapping everyone inside and letting no one out

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Excuse me, pardon me, on your left.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Just let me finish paying for this Mountain Dew jeez

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bee just cut one and he's trying to play it cool. We know, bee, we all know

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I got a power bank so my phone is back at 98% woo.

Yes the power is still out yes I hate it yes it's loving cold tonight

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

do u live in bc or smth

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Tom Tucker posted:

Getting a chance to dig in today here's some early thoughts.

Shellception reads town to me. If scum can hand out boons the immediate instinct would be to hand it to themselves thus a voluntary early soft-claim feels townie. Contorting yourself I can imagine scum who would volunteer this to appear townie or some sort of role which requires them to deliver "boons" outside the scum group but these contortions are uncomfortable - a more probable explanation is Shell is playing it a bit fast and loose as a non-critical town role. Reads town to me.

In addition - Merk volunteering to be the "townie" for the boon reads townie to me as well. If we start from the idea that Shell is town then would scum immediately try to grab the boon? I lean towards scum being more hesitant. Receiving an unknown boon puts eyes on you, and you'd be expected to use it in a pro-town way, it opens up scum to more problems than it solves. If you imagine Shell is scum then you'd have to imagine this would be a coordinated double-scum move to offer a boon then ask for it which is too convoluted for day 1 in my view.

Thus I get good vibes from both Shell and Merk.

Retro Futurist is pinging me but only slightly. The initial post throwing suspicion on Grandi then coming back and voting for Grandi doesn't seem super genuine. However RF does draw attention to this by quoting themselves... I feel this could go both ways but the self-quote to escalate an earlier suspicion into a vote is just hitting my gut. I don't have a much better reason and don't feel too strongly.

B minus is pinging me as scum. Low-content posting, and posts that jump to strong conclusions without real justification (particularly the below which presumes the scum status of two people in a single read).

From there B minus says they read Grandi as scum before voting me. All sound and fury, not helpful, throwing suspicion everywhere, and inconsistent.

Other callouts include:

Sandnavyguy - trying to fly under the radar, the shop post feels super weird.
Taste - hoping for shop resolution to spark content defers blame from those not providing content (including them!)
Deadmeat5150 - throwing hands up early day 1 with "nothing is really jumping out at me", and vote on Grandi (sandi) reads forced onto a bandwagon.

Overall best gut right now is ##vote Bminus

Not really forced onto a bandwagon as much as Grandi's post pinged me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CirclMastr posted:

Are you in Vic or something? If you can make your way to Nanaimo you can use my charger

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Trying to catch up:

b-minus1 posted:

##vote Tom tucker

I don't know what binus is doing here, he feels more inconsistent than normal...votes for Dex (I thought he voted for Grandi but maybe just suspicious) and then Tom - before Tom's post.

I felt good about Plastic questioning Shell because it was a good point he brought up, but then he said this: (why are we the "always look scummy" people?):

PlasticAutomaton posted:

It's Day 1, I never try day 1 unless I'm suspicious of Bif. :colbert:

But in all seriousness, I'm trying to avoid any early calls because there's three players here I've never played with, so I don't really have a sense of them yet. Which is unfortunate because two of them are randomly sticking up for other players as definitely town already.

Out of 17 players, there's only a few that are new to us...saying you're avoiding any early calls just because of a few new faces comes off oddly avoidant for you.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Toalpaz posted:

I like to think I'm as cool as a cucumber in every game :cool:

I'm a member of the Toal fan club now (I remember my first game with you, god I was so loving confused...lol). Well you do still confuse me but it's part of your charm.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Obvious deflection is obvious. I don't like this.

##vote Sandicap

This makes me feel good about deadmeat, he has been more prone to jokes over real discussion so to post like this feels townie to me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

I'm a member of the Toal fan club now (I remember my first game with you, god I was so loving confused...lol). Well you do still confuse me but it's part of your charm.

Same, but for my first like... 50 games with Toal, lol

Maerlyn posted:

This makes me feel good about deadmeat, he has been more prone to jokes over real discussion so to post like this feels townie to me.

Yeah I'm not feeling any strong scum pings yet but I am feeling some vague-to-strong town leans on a fair few peeps now, so as long as we avoid them I think we'll have a decent start today.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

well gee thanks I enjoy playing games with all of you too

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

do u live in bc or smth

Washington state, trapped on an island in Puget Sound.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CirclMastr posted:

Well if you can get a boat over here you can use my charger

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

CirclMastr posted:

Funny, I spent 5 years on a island in the puget sound.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Not sure about the SNG push. They did (performatively, sure) not enter the shop when everybody was already inside, everybody presumably including scum, unless we have the smallest scum team in history. Why draw attention to themselves that way if they had anything to hide?

Other than that, it seems like a push to lunch a lurker. Which, eh. It's not like half the game isn't lurking at this point, so it doesn't really make me feel too comfortable.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Tom Tucker posted:

(snipped paragraphs for clarity, click for full)

In addition - Merk volunteering to be the "townie" for the boon reads townie to me as well. If we start from the idea that Shell is town then would scum immediately try to grab the boon? I lean towards scum being more hesitant. Receiving an unknown boon puts eyes on you, and you'd be expected to use it in a pro-town way, it opens up scum to more problems than it solves. If you imagine Shell is scum then you'd have to imagine this would be a coordinated double-scum move to offer a boon then ask for it which is too convoluted for day 1 in my view.

Merk volunteering himself is a joke. I was tempted to post the request after I poked him the day before, and ask him if he wanted to volunteer, but that felt like being an rear end for no reason whatsoever so I didn't. I appreciated it, tho.

Other than that, he's not playing much if at all. Which is whatever. Merk is actually one of the folks I'd (personally) give a pass for not contributing D1, he's usually no coaster. Same goes for Bif, Toal and, despite what I said earlier, Grandi. They're all people that will usually play, so I am comfortable giving them space and not pushing for a D1 lunch unless it's clear something is wrong there.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Also, I cannot leave the shop because someone is standing on my foot. Please move around a bit.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Do I want to quest?

##enter shop

this is basically a scum claim

i mean think about it, you're all npc's right. not main characters who quest.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Toalpaz posted:

this is basically a scum claim

i mean think about it, you're all npc's right. not main characters who quest.

Maybe the only person standing outside is actually the shopkeeper, and that's why service is so slow here?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Shellception posted:

Maybe the only person standing outside is actually the shopkeeper, and that's why service is so slow here?

:eyepop:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandicap posted:

Who's this Grandicap bloke? He sounds well spoken and handsome.

He does but not as dapper as Sandicap.

Shellception posted:

I wish it were the case, but I’m just strolling down the paths. Still not going inside though.

Retro Futurist posted:

Nah I’m not scum, just the first days of work with no phone is all. Hal is posting neutrally at the moment, I’ll look into sandi to see if he’s betraying the sanctity of the sand alliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Town read on shell, they are very active and hunting strongly despite the slow pace of the game this D1, and I think it’s a poor play by Scum to stick out there so hard when coasting by with half the energy would suffice.