Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Shellception posted:

Not sure about the SNG push. They did (performatively, sure) not enter the shop when everybody was already inside, everybody presumably including scum, unless we have the smallest scum team in history. Why draw attention to themselves that way if they had anything to hide?

Other than that, it seems like a push to lunch a lurker. Which, eh. It's not like half the game isn't lurking at this point, so it doesn't really make me feel too comfortable.

Wait is there a push I wasn’t seeing on me? Aside from the initial “didn’t go inside the shop” I didn’t see that, but then when I checked it still seems we don’t know what the shop is for so who knows. My role has nothing to do with the store btw, I just missed the initial rush and figured someone should stay outside so the whole town didn’t die lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

sandnavyguy posted:

Wait is there a push I wasn’t seeing on me? Aside from the initial “didn’t go inside the shop” I didn’t see that, but then when I checked it still seems we don’t know what the shop is for so who knows. My role has nothing to do with the store btw, I just missed the initial rush and figured someone should stay outside so the whole town didn’t die lol.

idk it was pretty spooky of you to do that if you ask me. what if you get up to something shady out there with no one to watch you.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Rip, I missed like 2 pages that would have answered my last question. Anyway, I swear not to lurk anymore aside from work hours please don’t kill me, tia.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

idk it was pretty spooky of you to do that if you ask me. what if you get up to something shady out there with no one to watch you.

Can confirm, I’m a shady guy this game. But a townie! You should have me outside yes.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Sandicap posted:

God I wish it were an all Sand scum team. It would have been glorious.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Legit tho, shopkeeper please shop keep so everyone doesn’t snipe me for staying outside plz.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

sandnavyguy posted:

Legit tho, shopkeeper please shop keep so everyone doesn’t snipe me for staying outside plz.

Didn't think of that, but if this is actually a day action to be resolved by a player and they're just watching everyone flail around without resolving a thing, it's going to actually be pretty funny.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

b-minus1 posted:

Hey guys I have a huge favor to ask. Can you all please exit the shop

Speaking of funny, I am glad we're actually still on "mandatory masking at work" mode because re-reading this sequence of posts definitely made me crack a laugh :roflolmao:.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

sandnavyguy posted:

This smells like a trap from hell and I will happily be the only survivor.

sandnavyguy posted:

Lmao if I die for being the one dude not in the safety of the shop :v:

sandnavyguy posted:

Also lmao just lmao at my presentation group straight not doing their jobs and forcing me to do all their work for them. I shall take my frustrations out and ##vote Taste
---

merk posted:

##vote sng

Tom Tucker posted:

I too would vote SNG

Bifauxnen posted:

Same

##vote SNG

Sandicap posted:

No, don't vote SNG, I need my sand bretheren to survive or else this name change was a poor decision.
What's the point of being the only sand in the game, we travel in dunes to hide our numbers.

But for real, he's a lurker who didn't interact with the shop mechanic, is there more to it or is that what is getting everyone in a tizzy?

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm good with Sandi or SNG. Probably Hal too just for the trifecta

Hal Insandenza posted:

Not getting good feelings about dex and also sng somewhat. Binus not coming across great this far either.

Feel decent about Tom I think, no one else really jumping out to me

Is my vote still on deadmeat? He’s not that great either now looking back, still gonna ##vote Dexanth as much as I like to give returning vets some time.

Shellception posted:

Not sure about the SNG push. They did (performatively, sure) not enter the shop when everybody was already inside, everybody presumably including scum, unless we have the smallest scum team in history. Why draw attention to themselves that way if they had anything to hide?

Other than that, it seems like a push to lunch a lurker. Which, eh. It's not like half the game isn't lurking at this point, so it doesn't really make me feel too comfortable.

I want to dive into this SNG talk. There's a bunch of naked votes on SNG (merk, TT, Bif, RF) a very well explained Shell post questioning the push, and then there's Hal.

Hal Insandenza posted:

Not getting good feelings about dex and also sng somewhat.

How does Hal 'not get good feelings' about sng when sng is blatantly lurking. There's nothing to get a good or bad feeling about here. Hal doesn't explain that sentiment, but he opens the door up to vote sng if needed. This is how scum play d1.

##vote Hal

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Read "naked votes" as "naked votes and comments that they would vote." Hal goes further by opening the door with a fake add on.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I do not know SNG's alignment, but I think Hal is implicated either way. For example, if SNG is scum, Hal is opening up the door with a little fake justification to vote his buddy if needed that will hopefully look like less of a bus because he set it up. If SNG is town, Hal is opening up the door to get on a bandwagon earlier rather than later if needed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

sandnavyguy posted:

You caught up and didn't do anything, so please do some scum hunting.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Got a stupidly acute headache and can't really focus my eyes much right now, so brief.

Hal stuck out to me on his response too - kinda noncommittal, like he picked some subjects that were discussed and glossed over them. I can do Hal. Probably will once the votecounter is back on, because I don't know where we stand and I don't want to hammer right when it looks like we get to discussing poo poo.

I still am pinged by Tobbs because he reminds me of a certain past scummate, also a returning oldtimer. He has sounded kinda forced when asked for reads, down to listing people, which is not a scumtell in itself but it reminds me of something people will do when forced to have an opinion - put everyone in there and sort them out instead of going at the people that bother you. It doesn't mean Tobbs is scum and I know playing with unknowns suck so I understand, but it is a sticking thing. Also, he has mostly joked around the rest of the time.

SNG's response sounded spontaneous to me, in contrast. Like someone who's missed everything and is commenting when back on. Does not sound forced. Still will second the ask for reads from them.

Can't think. Will resume game later.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I could see Hal, less for the "bad feelings about lurkers" thing and more "can't put down an opinion without hedging".

Hal said this posted:

Not getting good feelings about dex and also sng somewhat. Binus not coming across great this far either.

Feel decent about Tom I think, no one else really jumping out to me

Is my vote still on deadmeat? He’s not that great either now looking back, still gonna ##vote Dexanth as much as I like to give returning vets some time.

Every opinion he's throwing out here is fungible and wishy-washy. I still think Dex is very suspicious, especially since she's not really responding to any callouts. I do that as scum a lot because most pressure goes away if you ignore a vote or two.

##vote Hal

It's absolutely fine to have bad feels about me Shell, I come across as very scummy regardless of alignment and have had my fair share of D1 lunchings as town. Regardless I've got a strong town read on you and I'm on your side.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The power is finally back on!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So aside from the fact that I feel like I have no chance of catching up for day 1, it sure as (s)hell seems like Shell is town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

How does Hal 'not get good feelings' about sng when sng is blatantly lurking. There's nothing to get a good or bad feeling about here. Hal doesn't explain that sentiment, but he opens the door up to vote sng if needed. This is how scum play d1.

##vote Hal

Well I mean you skipped quoting the post where we were talking about the store thing and I said after I thought about it for a while I had come to the same conclusion as RF that avoiding going into the store seems more scum oriented than town oriented, especially as scum would have some people in the store and would probably want to keep someone out just in case whatever happened in there was not good.

I also had a back and forth a bit with Tom where he explained his read a bit and while I didn't quote that directly I ended up seeing his point of view too.

So yeah quit cherry picking my posts if you want to make accusations MERK

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I do not know SNG's alignment, but I think Hal is implicated either way. For example, if SNG is scum, Hal is opening up the door with a little fake justification to vote his buddy if needed that will hopefully look like less of a bus because he set it up. If SNG is town, Hal is opening up the door to get on a bandwagon earlier rather than later if needed.

I don't even get this, I said Dex was my strongest read, voted them, and said I didn't feel great about SNG which I HAD talked about earlier as I was summing up the people I had any sort of read on. Like, how is this different from any other D1 I have ever had? Please point to a game where I made a bunch of casing posts about anyone on D1, thanks.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

CirclMastr posted:

So aside from the fact that I feel like I have no chance of catching up for day 1, it sure as (s)hell seems like Shell is town.

First of all, happy you're back to normal! Can't imagine going for so long without electricity, drat.

Most of the posts are noise, don't think it'd be so hard to go at the two or three sticking points. It'd be good if you did so when you could, please.

Votefinder being dead is playing hell with my perception of time and making me nervous about nighttime deadlines, but I think we still have time.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Deadline is 9 1/2 hours from now. I kind of expected it to be more temporary though so as a temporary measure please note your current vote in your confessionary and ping me when you change it as long as it remains down.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

Well I mean you skipped quoting the post where we were talking about the store thing and I said after I thought about it for a while I had come to the same conclusion as RF that avoiding going into the store seems more scum oriented than town oriented, especially as scum would have some people in the store and would probably want to keep someone out just in case whatever happened in there was not good.

Gotta ask, not just Hal but anyone else, because it's not the first time I've seen this thrown around - how in Earth did you all see "A store appears, shop?" and think that's somehow a trap? Joking bomb posts aside, where exactly are you all seeing danger here? It's a store.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

beginning to think the shop wont be resolved inter day

who we going to sacrifice, HECK

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

Please point to a game where I made a bunch of casing posts about anyone on D1, thanks.

I am not going to do that, and I think people that do are almost always scum.

Good rebuttal though! I did miss that post.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I could see Hal, less for the "bad feelings about lurkers" thing and more "can't put down an opinion without hedging".

Every opinion he's throwing out here is fungible and wishy-washy. I still think Dex is very suspicious, especially since she's not really responding to any callouts. I do that as scum a lot because most pressure goes away if you ignore a vote or two.

##vote Hal

It's absolutely fine to have bad feels about me Shell, I come across as very scummy regardless of alignment and have had my fair share of D1 lunchings as town. Regardless I've got a strong town read on you and I'm on your side.

I do like that you agree with me on the person I think is most scummy and made the closest thing to a "case" on but then you are like this guy has no thoughts.

Oh wait I don't actually like that

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dexanth posted:

I am also kind of sus of Merk because Merk LOVES scumhunting so this like memeposting feels off

The only thing I don't like about Dex is this meta point on me. Dex hasn't played a game with me in at least 1+ years, so why would you assume I am the same player I was before? Why rely on meta at all?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

Gotta ask, not just Hal but anyone else, because it's not the first time I've seen this thrown around - how in Earth did you all see "A store appears, shop?" and think that's somehow a trap? Joking bomb posts aside, where exactly are you all seeing danger here? It's a store.

I didn't think it was a trap really, I mean I went right in.

But I remember my third game ever (RF's Assassin's Creed Mafia) we had a chance to go into a temple D1 and I went in and was killed just for going in so I am always going to have some suspicion.

But more to the point, if I was on a team of 3-4 scum I would probably want someone to stay out of the shop just in case.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

The only thing I don't like about Dex is this meta point on me. Dex hasn't played a game with me in at least 1+ years, so why would you assume I am the same player I was before? Why rely on meta at all?

Ha, well that was also what I didn't like about Dex so seems like we are not so far apart after all

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok.

##vote dexanth

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

Lets try an 'Animate' this dialogue:

"The me from before, and the me now... We're two different people!!!"

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

I didn't think it was a trap really, I mean I went right in.

But I remember my third game ever (RF's Assassin's Creed Mafia) we had a chance to go into a temple D1 and I went in and was killed just for going in so I am always going to have some suspicion.

But more to the point, if I was on a team of 3-4 scum I would probably want someone to stay out of the shop just in case.

Alright.

That's a way of seeing it, "scum would want to protect one of their members at least". What from, I am not clear, if the shop really is having a perjudicial effect, then everyone's screwed anyway. But I guess I can see it.

The conterpoint is, would you, as scum, as a planned group action, choose to leave out the guy who a) appeared the last one on scene and b) has nothing in the way of an alibi, being that they have posted next to nothing at that point, and is going to stick out like a sore thumb? If you fear it's a trap, wouldn't you try and make that more discreet?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

Alright.

That's a way of seeing it, "scum would want to protect one of their members at least". What from, I am not clear, if the shop really is having a perjudicial effect, then everyone's screwed anyway. But I guess I can see it.

The conterpoint is, would you, as scum, as a planned group action, choose to leave out the guy who a) appeared the last one on scene and b) has nothing in the way of an alibi, being that they have posted next to nothing at that point, and is going to stick out like a sore thumb? If you fear it's a trap, wouldn't you try and make that more discreet?

Maybe but scum do weird poo poo all the time, only in very extreme cases do I put much stock in "well scum wouldn't do that it isn't the most optimal play"

Some scum teams are very disorganized and barely talk, or they have one member who is just going to their own poo poo no matter what.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Have a homemade votefinder post (not ordered by time of voting!):

quote:

Hal Insandenza: 3 (Tobbs Gnawed, Maerlyn, Dexanth)

Tobbs Gnawed: 2 (Grandicap, Shellception)

Sandicap: 2 (Retro Futurist, Deadmeat5150)

b-minus1: 2 (Tom Tucker, PlasticAutomaton)

Dexanth: 2 (Hal Insandenza, merk)

Tom Tucker: 1 (b-minus1)

t a s t e: 1 (Sandnavyguy)

Sandnavyguy: 1 (Bifauxnen)

Not voting: Toalpaz, t a s t e, CirclMastr

Deadlike 8 1/2 hours from this post.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 18, 2021

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't see what the shop thing has to do with identifying scum. For me it's just a matter of "see button, push button" because in a role madness game, we're here to (presumably) use our many and (presumably) varied role powers. One person choosing not to push button doesn't automatically mean scum.

I don't know what binus's deal with "get out of the shop" is and my only idea is that their role power interacts with day actions in some fashion.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadline is tonight, right

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

I don't see what the shop thing has to do with identifying scum. For me it's just a matter of "see button, push button" because in a role madness game, we're here to (presumably) use our many and (presumably) varied role powers. One person choosing not to push button doesn't automatically mean scum.

I don't know what binus's deal with "get out of the shop" is and my only idea is that their role power interacts with day actions in some fashion.

Issa joke I think

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

t a s t e posted:

Issa joke I think

That's fair but wasn't it also repeated several times? I'm pretty sure binus posted it more than once, but I'm re-reading things so maybe it was multiple times in fairly rapid succession as part of a quick back-and-forth, and I shouldn't be reading into that.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CirclMastr posted:

That's fair but wasn't it also repeated several times? I'm pretty sure binus posted it more than once, but I'm re-reading things so maybe it was multiple times in fairly rapid succession as part of a quick back-and-forth, and I shouldn't be reading into that.

It is a joke, I feel very confident

CirclMastr posted:

Nothing much really, no one is declaring sng to be scum because they didn't visit the shop. It's just an interesting point especially on D1 when you gotta find something to talk about until things pick up.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm just here so I don't get a lurker warning.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I can't believe I got dayvig'd for a gimmick everyone is now stealing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

I can't believe I got dayvig'd for a gimmick everyone is now stealing.

this is success cm, goongrats