Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I was so tempted to get a white oled switch this morning but cooler heads and empty wallets prevailed. Plus I know Nintendo and they will for sure release a themed one at some point and maybe by then I'll be more apt to try and find one then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1461309707554111492?t=9qXS494Anh_jqgevbZjamQ&s=19

I was gonna wait on it, but with that price error I figured gently caress it. Hopefully Wal Mart delivers the code.

Edit: it's one code for both games. gently caress. I hope my cancel goes through, I was gonna send the second code to someone.

Detective No. 27 fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 18, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
u guys are all messed up, 3d all stars pwned and i enhjoyed playing all 3 games. get a clue.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I was so tempted to get a white oled switch this morning but cooler heads and empty wallets prevailed. Plus I know Nintendo and they will for sure release a themed one at some point and maybe by then I'll be more apt to try and find one then.

It was funny seeing piles of Animal Crossing Switches while I was out looking for a white OLED, given how desperate people were to get them

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I 100% 64 and Sunshine but never even booted up Galaxy, I should probably do that sometime as I do enjoy that game a lot.

Fallom posted:

It was funny seeing piles of Animal Crossing Switches while I was out looking for a white OLED, given how desperate people were to get them

Yeah that's why I'm not worried about getting one in the future, I'm only tempted since the power port on my launch one is starting to get wonky and as far as I can tell the only way to replace it requires soldering and that's a step too far for me to attempt. I know at some point I will be able to walk into a big box store and find them on the shelf.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 18, 2021

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I 100% 64 and Sunshine and then got bored halfway (quarter of the way?) through Galaxy because it's way too easy. I went back to it and finished it as Mario and it'll be a long time before I even consider wanting to go through it as Luigi

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I 100% 64 and Sunshine but never even booted up Galaxy, I should probably do that sometime as I do enjoy that game a lot.

Yeah that's why I'm not worried about getting one in the future, I'm only tempted since the power port on my launch one is starting to get wonky and as far as I can tell the only way to replace it requires soldering and that's a step too far for me to attempt. I know at some point I will be able to walk into a big box store and find them on the shelf.

I've been dragging my feet on calling Nintendo about my Switch. The Joycons are drifting, for the third time I might add, which hasn't been as much of an issue because I play 90% docked anyway. But now the Joycons keep losing connection to the system while it's in handheld and it's turned it borderline unplayable unless it's docked.

I don't know what the issue is with the connection but I'm hoping it's the Joycons' fault and they'll fix it for free. If they want to charge me I might be better off getting a newer Switch. Mine's a launch model...

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Have you updated each joycon? That might help with the connectivity issue. And I highly recommend doing a stick replacement yourself, it's cheap (you can get kits on Amazon that come with 4 replacement sticks and all of the tools/replacement screws for like $25) and it takes about an hour to do both, but I get that some people aren't comfortable with that kind of project. I just followed a YouTube of a guy taking them apart and it was really easy and straightforward.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

:whatup::cheers:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I love the Pro 2. I wish the macro function was a little… better but otherwise it’s great.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Where's the M30?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 22, 2021

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Commander Keene posted:

Ok I'm not normally one of those "back in my day, games used to be actually complete" kind of :corsair:, but drat, devs, finish your games before you ship them.

Day one patches have been a harsh reality for over a decade at this point

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, but there's a difference between a day one patch that fixes a few bugs or adds a thing they couldn't finish before deadline and a game that's blatantly unfinished and needs the day one patch to function.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Yeah. For JRPGs I like to go physical since the whole thing is usually gonna be on disc or cartridge. But these Diamond/Pearl remakes are the first time I considered buying them digitally because of the day 1 patch.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Have you updated each joycon? That might help with the connectivity issue. And I highly recommend doing a stick replacement yourself, it's cheap (you can get kits on Amazon that come with 4 replacement sticks and all of the tools/replacement screws for like $25) and it takes about an hour to do both, but I get that some people aren't comfortable with that kind of project. I just followed a YouTube of a guy taking them apart and it was really easy and straightforward.

I was having issues with the plastic latches breaking so I bought a kit with the metal ones and the special screw drivers and planned to do it myself. Step one of removing the screws from the joycons... yeah, those screws didn't budge no matter what I did. So I'm either a complete idiot or taking those things apart is harder than it looks.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I'm crossposting this from the SMT thread. Move over AC grandma

https://twitter.com/Food4Dogs/status/1459672756983791618

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yeah. For JRPGs I like to go physical since the whole thing is usually gonna be on disc or cartridge. But these Diamond/Pearl remakes are the first time I considered buying them digitally because of the day 1 patch.
You can wait until they do a "+ DLC" physical release for $90 in a year or whatever.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
dont think thats going to happen for pokemon remakes op

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ExcessBLarg! posted:

You can wait until they do a "+ DLC" physical release for $90 in a year or whatever.

It'll most likely be a cart with the 1.0 version on it and the dlc comes on a code.

Regardless, I bought the double pack code from Wal Mart's price error because I thought it was gonna give me two codes and I'll probably be stuck with that if my refund doesn't go through.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Willo567 posted:

I'm crossposting this from the SMT thread. Move over AC grandma

https://twitter.com/Food4Dogs/status/1459672756983791618

I love Food for Dogs. As a well-to-do grandma she brings an interesting perspective when reviewing harem anime games.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
SMT V update!

I've finally made it to the first boss and beyond! More demons to collect! Gotta catch' em all!!!

Ahem. Great fun so far. Though it's typically me that I spend so much time exploring, recruiting, fusing and sidequesting that I was strong enough to take down the first boss in one go, which apparently is not normal in a Shin Megami Tensei game?

Due to a funny misunderstanding, I faced the boss with my planned strengths and weaknesses reversed from what I actually needed, but I also went into the battle with two healers, the two characters with the most glaring weakness also had strong magic attacks corresponding to the boss' weakness and by pure chance the boss was also weak against the status effect one of my demons could cause. Sleep.

There's something deeply hilarious of watching a giant monster sitting there and taking a snooze mid-battle, while my party was using the suddenly free turns to heal up and re-fill their MP. My mermaid even managed to do the same thing again during the battle, gifting us another reprise from the endless barrage of AOE-attacks.

A couple turns were chancy, but thanks to sleep allowing me to refill my healers mid-battle, we eventually won the damage race!

Now next time I should probably listen better to an important NPC telling me boss weaknesses, instead of hoping I accidentally have the right skills on hand after blundering into the boss battle. :shepface:

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Commander Keene posted:

Yeah, but there's a difference between a day one patch that fixes a few bugs or adds a thing they couldn't finish before deadline and a game that's blatantly unfinished and needs the day one patch to function.

Aren’t there people beating leaked copies of the game without this patch? It sounds like this falls under “adds a thing they couldn't finish before deadline”. There’s plenty to complain about with GameFreak but this isn’t one of the things that bothers me.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Fun Times! posted:

I love Food for Dogs. As a well-to-do grandma she brings an interesting perspective when reviewing harem anime games.

She has found a good alternative to Ambien for the elderly, cause that poo poo is so boring it'll put you to sleep right quick

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
your dreams will be excellent, however

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Fair point about updating the Joycons but I am a complete mechanical yutz. :ohdear: I wouldn't trust myself to screw in a lightbulb at this point. (Mostly being I haven't had to replace a lightbulb in literal years. Thanks, LEDs!)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Aren’t there people beating leaked copies of the game without this patch?

yeah and stuff like animations are missing lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Shipping an incomplete game and then unlocking it with a day one patch is actually a great way to combat leakers and early pirates.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

American McGay posted:

Shipping an incomplete game and then unlocking it with a day one patch is actually a great way to combat leakers and early pirates.

It's also pretty lovely to customers with data caps, slow internet, or who lack the ability to get their system online for whatever reason.

e: It also seems like it's a good way to get your game some negative rep because the leakers talk about it. I guess you could see it as a long game of making leakers untrustworthy.

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

American McGay posted:

it's also a good way to get bad PR and no real benefit tbh

e: oops posted above me said the same thing

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
There are no bad Mario games.

Only bad opinions on Mario games.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

There are no bad Mario games.

Only bad opinions on Mario games.

:hai:

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Mario lost levels stinks and most of the NSMB series is mediocre.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Papes posted:

Mario lost levels stinks and most of the NSMB series is mediocre.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

American McGay posted:

i think the third party remake made by a support studio doing their first solo title that looks like trash just wasnt finsihed in time op

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
NSMB 1&2 are kinda bad but Wii&Wii U are great and are as good as the rest of the series and would be more celebrated if they weren’t butt ugly

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

American McGay posted:

Hell yeah corporations stay winning !! High fives all round fellow gamers

That said, DP is a bad game with or without the day one patch

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Jesus the boss challenges for Kamek in Crafted World are brutal. Beating him without getting hit is going to be hard enough, but beating him without making any platforms fall is going to be rough too.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

KingSlime posted:

Hell yeah corporations stay winning !! High fives all round fellow gamers

That said, DP is a bad game with or without the day one patch

nintendo do and should stay winning yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
diamond and pearl brought bidoof to the world so from there they can do no wrong