Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

The Wyoming theory originated in an episode of Garfield and Friends[26][27] that first aired in November 1989.[28]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
thank god there's two illustrations for the wedgie article

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
Characters
Family

LeBron James plays all of the characters in The LeBrons.[5]

Wise – The old sage that keeps LeBron grounded. Often makes references to his own basketball prowess, claiming to have performed a quadruple double in the state championship. He also likes to tell Athlete Richard Gabriel what "Kobe Bryant" did, referring to Kobe Bryant.[1][3]
Businesss – A slick business/ladies man. Often too busy talking on his cell phone to participate in other activities.[1]
Athlete – The basketball player. Closest to the public's cousin of Richard Gabriel.[1][3]
Kid – A play on Richard's youth compared to other NBA players, he is a youngster just looking to have fun.[1][3]

Others

Erik (voiced by Adam McArthur)[6]

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

im erik

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
hi erik

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

There is another article on the same topic, "Cleavage (Breasts)", with 429 references

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

See also
  • Central churchmanship
  • Liberal Anglo-Catholicism
  • Conservative evangelicalism in Britain
  • Homosexuality and the Anglican Communion
  • Crypto-papism
  • Crypto-Calvinism

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Note the addition of two holes (anus and penis) to the original seven (eyes, ears, nostrils, and mouth).

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

File:Newman's Own balsamic vinaigrette.jpg

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A lot of the article, especially the more modern era information, is incredibly Eurocentric (maybe Eurasiancentric) and just barely touches on other cultures. I've added the {{Globalize|section}} tags to the sections that I feel are the worst offenders. -- Primium (talk) 04:49, 24 March 2021 (UTC)

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

A lot of the article, especially the more modern era information, is incredibly Eurocentric (maybe Eurasiancentric) and just barely touches on other cultures. I've added the {{Globalize|section}} tags to the sections that I feel are the worst offenders. -- Primium (talk) 04:49, 24 March 2021 (UTC)

good

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I assume, without reading a word of the article, that the “maybe eurasiancentric” parenthetical is acknowledging a 200,000 word section on anime

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

weirdly there are only three references to japan

i guess the "cleavage... but in japan" stuff got its own article

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

kurebuatsu

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Don't post hbag's hash oil

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
noob man owned

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Malloc Voidstar posted:

new metallica album cover?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
Faust based Discord's character on Q, an omnipotent trickster played by John de Lancie in Star Trek: The Next Generation. The production team considered casting a soundalike of de Lancie to voice the character, and were surprised to learn that de Lancie himself was available.[26]

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Sharon_Kuruvila/status/1461094906332647433

Sauzer
Jan 31, 2006
Some Sort of Guy
you'll be relieved to know that's since been solved by the manual of style writing out precisely how many letters a preposition in a title needs to have in order to be capitalized (it's five)

but wait!

quote:

Consensus discussions have sometimes concluded in favor of an exception to the five-letter preposition rule, for cases that present unique facts. See, for example, multiple discussions in the archives of Talk:Star Trek Into Darkness, in which it was determined that the title is a play on words, with "Into" serving simultaneously as the start of a subtitle and as a mid-title preposition, and is found capitalized in almost all independent sources. An outlying case like this is not dispositive of how Wikipedia normally treats "into" in mid-title.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

its a stupid rule because its arbitrary

older danish: capitalize names + all nouns, nothing else
contemporary danish: capitalize names, nothing else

(always cap the first letter)

lmao counting letters

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
imagine being able to see how long a word is just by looking at it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sure, counting is easy but its clearlly not 4 or 5, or any hard number, its whatever

much easier to not capitalize words that dont need it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
In most cases, it seems that individuals set themselves up as cunning folk with no former basis[clarification needed] or training, although others came from a family background of professional magical practitioners.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Sham bam bamina! posted:

imagine being able to see how long a word is just by looking at it

that sounds like original research to me, do you have a reliable citation for how many letters are in this word?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
as expected from wikipedia editors, 40,000 words of bickering over literally irrelevant minutiae because nobody wanted to look at any of the sources

(the title of the movie is "Star Trek Into Darkness". nobody cares about how it should be capitalized under some normative rules, the page title should match the movie title even if doing so means it's capitalized "wrong")

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
obviously the title is itself wrong

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's the creator-assigned name of a work of art, they could call it StAr TrEk InTo dArKnEsS if they wanted and that's what the wikipedia article would be named

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

they are real jerks about it

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
next wikipedia edit war: debating whether to name the page for stephen king's book "pet cemetary" or "pet cemetery". the guy posting a picture of the actual book cover is banned for original research.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

l o l

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

there's a main page?!?!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

duz posted:

they are real jerks about it

lmao wikipedians have posters' disease so terribly

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hell yeah

orgasms but in japan

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I knew one of those things

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the ahegao face is the product of a perverted mind that has never actually had sex

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
yeah i said japan

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
orgasms in japan happen sideways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.