Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
To be frank, putting in effort IS scummy. ##vote Tom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote
##vote sng

Been suspicious of him basically all day and these last batch of posts cemented it. Also I think deadline is like 1am my time and I'm exhausted from sleeping like poo poo for the last 2 weeks so while I will try and check in again tonight I might just go home and pass out on the couch.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

sandnavyguy posted:

That’s not how that works as a point. The scum list, sure, but as a point “he’s playing the game and putting time into it” is not a strong point to use

I'll clarify here since my language may have been a bit too vague before.

Its not "you are putting X amount of time and thought into the game."

It's that, after you provided all those additional thoughts, the content of those extra thoughts no longer felt as believably townie to me.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Fyi every one. Just a PSA that I won't be visiting anyone this game. I know it will be confusing later if I don't specify.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Toalpaz posted:

To be frank, putting in effort IS scummy. ##vote Tom

Then you can call me MR. SCUM because I take Mafia the most seriously.

Would vote SMG still.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Strong sng town read. This is not the execution for the day.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I'll clarify here since my language may have been a bit too vague before.

Its not "you are putting X amount of time and thought into the game."

It's that, after you provided all those additional thoughts, the content of those extra thoughts no longer felt as believably townie to me.

Okay that at least makes a little more sense.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Who has that old alignment chart from 2012 where they graphed everyone based on serious vs. not serious

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
When is deadline and what is votecount? 1996 mafia is hard to keep up with

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

When is deadline and what is votecount? 1996 mafia is hard to keep up with

I don't know man and I'm too scared to ask

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tom Tucker posted:

Who has that old alignment chart from 2012 where they graphed everyone based on serious vs. not serious

Tom is trying to usurp Mills as the only heart mafia player.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Can we hire ecco to come in and keep track of all the games for now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Four and a half hours until deadline I think but no clue on the votecount, and I'm at work now so can't crunch it, sorry

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

Can we hire ecco to come in and keep track of all the games for now

Retro, you *were* sus on me before I posted the Tom read. Outside of lurking, why?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Retro Futurist posted:

##unvote
##vote sng

Been suspicious of him basically all day and these last batch of posts cemented it. Also I think deadline is like 1am my time and I'm exhausted from sleeping like poo poo for the last 2 weeks so while I will try and check in again tonight I might just go home and pass out on the couch.

Referencing this post, sorry. Work posting.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

And tell you one by one
A woman and a gun

Is the votecount right? I could have sworn SNG and me had way more votes.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Tom Tucker posted:

Is the votecount right? I could have sworn SNG and me had way more votes.

I have 3 currently.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

You just have 1 Tom.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So votefinder's back up but doesn't seem to have really updated the vote count since it went down?

...As to shell's question I honestly have no loving clue who's scum. I have a couple of people I think are town based on interactions but I can't really figure out scum. Binus is doing that scum Binus thing where he throws out some names to look involved and then proceeds to follow up on absolutely none of it, proceeding to kinda just randomly vote someone he hasn't mentioned about all.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Nvm Tom and Hal both have 2 I think

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote b-

Pensive running out of time just voting vote leader. Goodluck all.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (4): PlasticAutomaton, Shellception, Shellception, Tom Tucker, Maerlyn, Toalpaz
sandnavyguy (3): Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist, merk, Bifauxnen, merk, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Tobbs Gnawed, Retro Futurist
Dexanth (2): Tobbs Gnawed, Hal Insandenza, Tobbs Gnawed, merk
Tobbs Gnawed (2): Sandicap, Shellception
Sandicap (1): Hal Insandenza, Dexanth, Hal Insandenza, merk, Tobbs Gnawed, Dexanth, Tobbs Gnawed, merk, Retro Futurist, Deadmeat5150, Retro Futurist
Bifauxnen (1): sandnavyguy
Tom Tucker (1): b-minus1, sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Hal Insandenza (1): Maerlyn, Bifauxnen, merk, Dexanth, merk, Bifauxnen, merk, Tobbs Gnawed, merk, Maerlyn, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Tobbs Gnawed
PlasticAutomaton (0): Deadmeat5150, Deadmeat5150
Deadmeat5150 (0): Hal Insandenza, merk, merk, Hal Insandenza
Maerlyn (0): Retro Futurist, Dexanth, Retro Futurist, Dexanth
t a s t e (0): sandnavyguy, sandnavyguy

Not Voting (2): CirclMastr, t a s t e

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 19th, 2021 at 4 a.m. EST -- that's in about 9 hours, 34 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hmm... ##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok. New votes work it looks like? ##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Is the deadline correct?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

In OOC chat discord, yami said deadline was going to be floating and around 10PM EST, or roughly 3.5 hours from now.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
Catching up on today, giving reads as I get them

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Got a thing for feeling posts, huh?

Well, you do you.

This pings me as scummy and disingenuous, do not like, Tobbs now has scum vibes to me

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Sandicap posted:

But I know you can't possibly be a vig as the game has been up for more than 30 minutes and you haven't shot yet.

Quoting this one but the whole chain ending in this I do not like either, it feels like a lot of white noise posting to distract from lack of scumhunting from Grandi.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Hal Insandenza posted:

Not getting good feelings about dex and also sng somewhat. Binus not coming across great this far either.

Feel decent about Tom I think, no one else really jumping out to me

Is my vote still on deadmeat? He’s not that great either now looking back, still gonna ##vote Dexanth as much as I like to give returning vets some time.

This feels scummy.

Not that you are voting me but for the lack of substance in doing so. Why do I ping as scummy to you? Give me a reason here beyond 'I have bad vibes', I have posted enough substance by now there's an opportunity to actually find something here if you are genuine town.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Oh yes, also town vibes on Tom after that effortpost.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I really don't like SNG's recent posts or his overreactive swing onto me, for allegedly having the ~scummiest post in the whole thread~ but if I am wrong there I do think Tobbs has the most opportunistic feeling vote joining in with me, yes.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

CirclMastr posted:

Washington state, trapped on an island in Puget Sound.

Oh hey literally was in your area until yesterday, except on the Seattle side of Puget Sound

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Toalpaz posted:

this is basically a scum claim

i mean think about it, you're all npc's right. not main characters who quest.

how do you know none of us is the hero HMM?

unless the scum team is the people who got isekaid and this would be the funniest accidental scumslip ever if so

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I really don't like SNG's recent posts or his overreactive swing onto me, for allegedly having the ~scummiest post in the whole thread~ but if I am wrong there I do think Tobbs has the most opportunistic feeling vote joining in with me, yes.

Well, based on your initially vague language, it was!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
WHAT IS THE VOTECOUNT

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

merk posted:

You caught up and didn't do anything, so please do some scum hunting.

okay now I have a townier read this is the merk I remember

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Knowing the votecount right now before I start to spend the evening with my wife and likely not catch up before deadline is critical to my role

Does anyone know it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If I build a votecount by hand here, I am going to be 2005 livid.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Hal Insandenza posted:

I don't even get this, I said Dex was my strongest read, voted them, and said I didn't feel great about SNG which I HAD talked about earlier as I was summing up the people I had any sort of read on. Like, how is this different from any other D1 I have ever had? Please point to a game where I made a bunch of casing posts about anyone on D1, thanks.

Yea but you are voting me with nothing but bad vibes there is more substance to pick from here

It isnt the vote that makes you probable scum, it is how you are doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Votefinder is up merk. You don't need to build anything.