Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/HGreenwood3/status/1458742782990827522?t=xTzM0HdxdlOtzkTl85qv6A&s=19

Got the club wrong Hugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Liam Jones with the stupidest reason to retire since Alex Rance

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I thought Rance was just old?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Wasn’t the rumour that Rance was loving around with a teammate’s wife or vice versa?

Solemn Sloth posted:

Liam Jones with the stupidest reason to retire since Alex Rance

Patton’s was also pretty dumb

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Haha, :wtf: Suns. It was bizarre enough when the Crows decided to get rid of Greenwood but at least we traded him to get some paltry return.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
So the Roos still aren't convinced they are poo poo and are still topping up to win a flag?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

gay picnic defence posted:

Wasn’t the rumour that Rance was loving around with a teammate’s wife or vice versa?

Patton’s was also pretty dumb
I know he cheated on his wife and wanted to focus on being a good Jehovah's Witness.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

snoremac posted:

I know he cheated on his wife and wanted to focus on being a good Jehovah's Witness.

One of the rumours was Jack Higgins's girlfriend at the time, hence the bad blood between him and the his old Richmond team mates. Rumour still.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Xavier Campbell has covid and omg the comments are hilarious. Lots of references to the topical 2012 Essendon supplement scandal. Lots of original jokes. Good times.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

Xavier Campbell has covid and omg the comments are hilarious. Lots of references to the topical 2012 Essendon supplement scandal. Lots of original jokes. Good times.

just a few harmless jabs mate

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Their attempt to inject some humour into the situation failed

thepokey fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 16, 2021

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Some fan bases just don't respond well to being needled

Franko
Apr 25, 2007
No he's correct, people are being a prick about it.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

What a surprise that Rita Panahi is raging at Jones losing his AFL career. I cannot fathom how you can launch an argument in the face of "his team mate undergoing chemo is immune-compromised"

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Her whole career has been "take a reasonable position then argue against it"

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

thepokey posted:

What a surprise that Rita Panahi is raging at Jones losing his AFL career. I cannot fathom how you can launch an argument in the face of "his team mate undergoing chemo is immune-compromised"

Yet you can’t set foot in Fox News in the US without being vaccinated.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Deadly Hume posted:

Her whole career has been "take a reasonable position then argue against it"

Professional contrarian, like most News Corpse mouth pieces

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Silly question. And probably way WAY too early to ask it.

But do we know if the game in Shanghai will happen in 2022? Do we know who Port Adelaide will play if it does?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011

You love to see it :allears:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Silly question. And probably way WAY too early to ask it.

But do we know if the game in Shanghai will happen in 2022? Do we know who Port Adelaide will play if it does?

I would guess it's still against St. Kilda, given they're who were scheduled to face Port in the matches that didn't wind up going the last two years.

haven't heard anything and travel to China still isn't happening, so I guess we'll see!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Adelaide walked into the draft needing powerful, match winning blue chip midfielders for the 7th consecutive year, with pick 4 to spend on the task (and 33 and 75 for projects), and walked out of the draft with three 180cm small forwards.

This club is really hard to follow.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Crows also passed on Arlo Draper twice at 36 & 44.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

NTRabbit posted:

Adelaide walked into the draft needing powerful, match winning blue chip midfielders for the 7th consecutive year, with pick 4 to spend on the task (and 33 and 75 for projects), and walked out of the draft with three 180cm small forwards.

This club is really hard to follow.

"Three small forwards" is a bit overdramatic. Rachele has primarily played as a small forward this year, yes, although he's also played through the midfield in stints. Soligo and Taylor are primarily midfielders who just happen to be a tick under 6 feet tall.

Would have been nice to get some bigger bodied midfielders, but frankly the one thing the Crows need more than anything else is talent. We've had way too many mediocre talents running around in Crows jumpers just because they were big and worked hard.

Whether our recruiting team is successful at actually identifying talent is a separate question, of course.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Largepotato posted:

Crows also passed on Arlo Draper twice at 36 & 44.

Im thinking he’s got some issues given every club passed on him multiple times.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gay picnic defence posted:

Im thinking he’s got some issues given every club passed on him multiple times.

If he doesn't yet he will soon

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pretty happy with the Saints choices, not gonna lie.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

harperdc posted:

Pretty happy with the Saints choices, not gonna lie.

I think weve done well. Wanganeen may not be a hard ball winner but he has exceptional kicking and awareness which are traits you really cant teach or build up much. Owens and Windhager are both good sized but different midfielders and Adams is a key back with good hands. All positions we really needed more in.

Considering we had pick 9 and then like 55 originally we did well.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Bulldogs came out with three 193cm defenders although one might be more of a winger. Wish we went with a ready made ruckman but if there's nobody available that fits the game plan then no point picking up someone poo poo just because they're tall.

And yes I know we got Darcy who will eventually be a man mountain but he's a beanpole still.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'm reasonably happy with the Bombers' haul. Sounds like Hobbs at 13 was quite the steal and he seems to be a good leader in addition to being the best inside mid in the draft.

Alistair Lord looks a likely type for someone from the arse end of the draft. No idea about this McDonagh guy, apparently they spotted him when they were checking out the kid they plucked from Richmond's VFL side in the mid season draft last season and liked the look of him.

The kid we got in the rookie draft seems about as good as you could expect from a rookie pick - a 194cm midfielder with a bad case of white line fever. If he can tidy up his deficiencies (unlikely for a rookie but whatever) him, Hobbs and Parish shoveling the ball out would be a handy combination.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
https://twitter.com/PAFC/status/1463837718899658756

Peter Burgoyne turns 44 in 2 months, but could easily pass for his son's older brother

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

Bulldogs came out with three 193cm defenders although one might be more of a winger. Wish we went with a ready made ruckman but if there's nobody available that fits the game plan then no point picking up someone poo poo just because they're tall.

And yes I know we got Darcy who will eventually be a man mountain but he's a beanpole still.

imo it was weird you didn’t even seem interested in Ladhams

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Largepotato posted:

https://twitter.com/PAFC/status/1463837718899658756

Peter Burgoyne turns 44 in 2 months, but could easily pass for his son's older brother

That's quite the dirty sanchez he's rocking

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Solemn Sloth posted:

imo it was weird you didn’t even seem interested in Ladhams

I believe there were reports that Ladhams wasn't the most committed trainer. Can't imagine that Bevo would want someone that isn't giving 100% on the track.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Bevo or Chopper? You decide

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Reset the sign to 0 days folks

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/crows-director-quits-in-protest-over-afl-vaccination-mandate-20211208-p59ftt.html

An Adelaide Crows’ board director has quit in protest of what he has described as the AFL’s “coercive and forceful” vaccination policy, after one of the club’s SANFL players had developed heart inflammation following a COVID-19 vaccination.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I mean, given the poo poo we've done the last decade or so, that barely even feels like a scandal by comparison. If anything, the real question is why did let an idiot like him on our board in the first place.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

I mean, given the poo poo we've done the last decade or so, that barely even feels like a scandal by comparison. If anything, the real question is why did let an idiot like him on our board in the first place.

He was one of the two member-voted board members :eng101:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

He was one of the two member-voted board members :eng101:

lol... :smith:

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Dusty's dad has died. https://www.afl.com.au/news/692916/richmond-in-mourning-dustin-martin-s-father-shane-passes-away

And Bailey Smith is taking indefinite leave. https://www.afl.com.au/news/692892/-we-ll-support-him-throughout-bailey-smith-taking-indefinite-leave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Swans have covid: https://www.afl.com.au/news/693501/covid-outbreak-rocks-swans-players-staff-test-positive

quote:

SYDNEY has confirmed several players and football staff have tested positive to COVID-19 during the club's Christmas break.

The Swans' final training session was last Wednesday and all players and staff involved returned negative tests ahead of that session.

A number of players have since tested positive, however, as daily COVID-19 cases increase significantly in NSW.

Ch7 reporting it's "at least 10" players.

2022 season will be super poo poo if players are constantly missing due to covid. The team that decides to put itself into a iso bubble the whole year will win the flag.