Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I guess they haven't actually done so in a movie, which is good. I think I was confused by stuff like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

HootTheOwl posted:

So like yeah cool story and the movie wouldn't exist if he didn't but:
Isn't Dr Strange supposed to be the adult in the room and tell Spidey "no" and not do the multiverse manipulating spell that will cause all this damage and mayhem and probably be yet-another-reason Dr Strange 2 is the multiverse of madness.

Just thinking on on Dr Strange 1 I honestly don't think he had much of a character arc. He went from narcissistic rear end in a top hat to narcissistic less of an rear end in a top hat. Years of breaking all the rules, getting away with it, and actually being right about saving the world isn't gonna humble the guy.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I mean, Dr. Strange doing poo poo like that is a core part of his character.

He even opens up in What If's finale with "Here goes another non-compliant spell!"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Thundercracker posted:

Just thinking on on Dr Strange 1 I honestly don't think he had much of a character arc. He went from narcissistic rear end in a top hat to narcissistic less of an rear end in a top hat. Years of breaking all the rules, getting away with it, and actually being right about saving the world isn't gonna humble the guy.

But enough about Iron Man,

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bleck posted:

I dunno man, MCU Iron Man has a pretty big arc. Dude becomes a family man who sacrifices himself to save the universe.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The degree to which they are just homogenizing Stephen into Tony is definitely the worst and shittiest part of the current MCU. Instead of horrible Nano-Machine costumes the next decade will be every Marvel hero getting magic enchantment rings and runes all over their costumes.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Here's a breakdown of things and speculations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHPqKrjZNwA

It is Hollands hand reaching out for now but that can all be changed.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

When is the Hawkeye premire again?

Just found out the head writer wrote the Mad Men episode The Codfish Ball. Consider at least one person now psyched about this thing

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I, too, really hate the nano-tech costumes. They feel like a line being crossed that you can't walk back from.

I'm more stoked for Hawkeye, loving Hawkeye of all things, because it won't be galactic level multiversal cosmic threats, or tons of nano-tech instacostumes. Turns out, as a palette cleanser, we really do need one dumb rear end in a top hat running around with a bow and arrow.

Man, it would also be a perfect time to bring back the Netflix MCU heroes too. The more we get stuff like Loki and Eternals (both good), the more it needs to be balanced out with Charlie Cox punching some dudes in a hallway.

And I'll say it again, because I want to will this into existence, a D+ series about Daredevil fighting for the soul of New York during the Blip as Kingpin holds the city together by force (and is a very grey "the hero... er, strongman we need" saviour) would be the best loving story arc and a soft reboot reintroducing DD and Fisk without needing to undo anything that went before.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

BrianWilly posted:

They haven't done this at all. Strange has not yet been referred-to as the Sorcerer Supreme in the MCU.

The (alternate) Doctor Strange is referred to as this by the Watcher and the Ancient One in What If...?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yeah, I'm also excited for a trip with my friendly neighborhood archerman. For this reason I also enjoyed Black Widow's premise of "Let's gently caress up this guy in particular" but it was cooler when it was just a creepy building in Russia and not some dumbass floating fortress (again) but whatever.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Bleck posted:

A lot of IMs arc has more to do with his guilt over his fuckups starting even with the first movie.

Strange is in many ways even more assholish because he's doesn't feel any guilt over being an awesome surgeon.

I wonder if Spiderman will be the actual start of his character arc because he's basically had none even though he's been in a bunch of movies since Strange 1

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Dr. Strange spent the greater part of an Eternity getting brutally murdered by Dormammu until Dormammu finally capitulated. He can call himself the Sorcerer Supreme if he wants to. He earned it.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

I, too, really hate the nano-tech costumes. They feel like a line being crossed that you can't walk back from.

I'm more stoked for Hawkeye, loving Hawkeye of all things, because it won't be galactic level multiversal cosmic threats, or tons of nano-tech instacostumes. Turns out, as a palette cleanser, we really do need one dumb rear end in a top hat running around with a bow and arrow.

Man, it would also be a perfect time to bring back the Netflix MCU heroes too. The more we get stuff like Loki and Eternals (both good), the more it needs to be balanced out with Charlie Cox punching some dudes in a hallway.

And I'll say it again, because I want to will this into existence, a D+ series about Daredevil fighting for the soul of New York during the Blip as Kingpin holds the city together by force (and is a very grey "the hero... er, strongman we need" saviour) would be the best loving story arc and a soft reboot reintroducing DD and Fisk without needing to undo anything that went before.

Isn't Echo a Daredevil character? Cause she's getting her own show, and all the reviews are already calling Hawkeye a street level show. Seems like they're prepping something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Parkingtigers posted:

It makes me think how often in comics the heroes costumes just magically appear on them, and I don't mean one panel they're wearing their civvies and the next they're in their costume. No, i mean there is a light or some kind of thing that transforms their normal clothes into their costume. The earliest I can remember that is Phoenix era X-men Jean would just put everyone in their Xmen costumes when they got into a fight. There's a point where I think people just don't want to deal with costume changes.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
How much of the nanotech costumes are a result of RDJ building enough clout to act in his pajamas?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I'm fine with it. It seems like only two people in the MCU has ever had them and one it makes complete sense for and the other had a movie dedicated to rejecting it.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Considering that he's outed as Spider-Man and accused of murdering Beck, it seems likely that he gets the suit he made for himself taken away.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

live with fruit posted:

Considering that he's outed as Spider-Man and accused of murdering Beck, it seems likely that he gets the suit he made for himself taken away.

By who? Iron Man 2 had a whole scene with Tony telling the government, "gently caress off. This is my poo poo and you can't have it."

So Peter's suit is either his property or Stark Industries property (basically Pepper's). And Pepper's take on all that could easily be, "Beck. Oh, yeah, I remember that little weasel and I'm fine that he's dead."

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Everyone posted:

By who? Iron Man 2 had a whole scene with Tony telling the government, "gently caress off. This is my poo poo and you can't have it."

So Peter's suit is either his property or Stark Industries property (basically Pepper's). And Pepper's take on all that could easily be, "Beck. Oh, yeah, I remember that little weasel and I'm fine that he's dead."

Peter is not Tony.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

live with fruit posted:

Peter is not Tony.

Duh, there is no Tony Tingle.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And doesn't Happy know that Peter didn't murder Mysterio anyways?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Anyone Tony left in charge of Stark Enterprises would know all about Peter and presumably all about the Armageddon-capable military satellite and accompanying drone army left to Peter in Tony’s will

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

It is Hollands hand reaching out for now but that can all be changed.

Hey remember this specific scene from Homecoming?

https://i.imgur.com/DMQobnD.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Well, I decided I would finally take a risk on season 3 of Jessica Jones. S1 was one of the best things Marvel has ever done. S2 was one of the worst things Marvel has ever done. So you can see why I held off on it.

8 episodes deep and... it's good? Not life changing, but solid stuff that I'm enjoying. Dunno yet if it all goes south in the final 5 episodes, but I'm enjoying it. Maybe it helps that I took a break from the Netflix MCU for a couple of years so I was more ready for its pacing than I otherwise would have been.

I still have S2 of Iron Fist (lol) that I might watch after this, and then S2 of Punisher which I held off on purely because I felt that Frank Castle had a complete story arc with a perfect ending in S1 and writing past that would likely only be disappointing. JJ season 2 really burned me, plus I also felt Cloak and Dagger S2 was boring and meandering after a really solid first season with a almost kinda mini zombie apocalypse ending that they landed well.

Say this for Jessica Jones, aside from having the best and worst seasons of TV ever, it at least led the way on diversity. Multiple gay and lesbian relationships and a transgender character who exists as a person whose trans status is never brought up or relevant to the story, because they simply exist as a person. It's 2021 and film MCU is finally letting one gay kiss happen in Eternals, while on The Netflix a couple of years back Carrie Ann Moss is having an erotic lesbian threesome with a cello.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

Well, I decided I would finally take a risk on season 3 of Jessica Jones. S1 was one of the best things Marvel has ever done. S2 was one of the worst things Marvel has ever done. So you can see why I held off on it.

8 episodes deep and... it's good? Not life changing, but solid stuff that I'm enjoying. Dunno yet if it all goes south in the final 5 episodes, but I'm enjoying it. Maybe it helps that I took a break from the Netflix MCU for a couple of years so I was more ready for its pacing than I otherwise would have been.

I still have S2 of Iron Fist (lol) that I might watch after this, and then S2 of Punisher which I held off on purely because I felt that Frank Castle had a complete story arc with a perfect ending in S1 and writing past that would likely only be disappointing. JJ season 2 really burned me, plus I also felt Cloak and Dagger S2 was boring and meandering after a really solid first season with a almost kinda mini zombie apocalypse ending that they landed well.

Say this for Jessica Jones, aside from having the best and worst seasons of TV ever, it at least led the way on diversity. Multiple gay and lesbian relationships and a transgender character who exists as a person whose trans status is never brought up or relevant to the story, because they simply exist as a person. It's 2021 and film MCU is finally letting one gay kiss happen in Eternals, while on The Netflix a couple of years back Carrie Ann Moss is having an erotic lesbian threesome with a cello.

Every conversation in S3 could have ended with a loud "what the gently caress gives you the right to talk to people like that?". Just a cavalcade of awful people being awful to each other.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I didn't bother with S2 of JJ because aparently it had 90s style "lol superhero costumes suck" jokes about Hellcats outfit? Also the only Hellcat is Kath Leths Hellcat.

IF S2 is better than 1, but mostly because it has more Coleen and Misty in it, and there's actually an episode where Danny and Luke work together.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
tbh JJ s2 was destined to be a disappointment coming off of Tennant's Kilgrave performance.

what was he in, a single episode as a hallucination in s2?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

aBagorn posted:

tbh JJ s2 was destined to be a disappointment coming off of Tennant's Kilgrave performance.

what was he in, a single episode as a hallucination in s2?

Clip from Hawkeye with Kate's parents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WK0fLSGtxw&t=2s

I think I'm going to F-love this show.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice
I had no idea there was a season 3...

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

twistedmentat posted:

I didn't bother with S2 of JJ because aparently it had 90s style "lol superhero costumes suck" jokes about Hellcats outfit? Also the only Hellcat is Kath Leths Hellcat.

That was early in S3. And yeah, it’s a shame they went grimdark Hellcat as what I’ve seen of Kate Leth’s version owned.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Everyone posted:

Clip from Hawkeye with Kate's parents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WK0fLSGtxw&t=2s

I think I'm going to F-love this show.

did not know Tony Dalton was in this, he owns

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Parkingtigers posted:

That was early in S3. And yeah, it’s a shame they went grimdark Hellcat as what I’ve seen of Kate Leth’s version owned.

Leth's Hellcat would work so well in the mcu, I was kinda hoping she'd be in SheHulk because Patsy and Jen are shown to be good friends.

Played by like Ellie Kemper.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
hope they eventually get around to Tony Dalton as a tree-man

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
If Ellie Kemper is in She-Hulk I want it to be as Kimmy Schmidt in a courtroom scene supporting Titus who has been sued by the Stark estate for performing as an unlicensed Iron Man in Times Square

And then Kimmy and Spider-Man kiss <3

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

If Ellie Kemper is in She-Hulk I want it to be as Kimmy Schmidt in a courtroom scene supporting Titus who has been sued by the Stark estate for performing as an unlicensed Iron Man in Times Square

And then Kimmy and Spider-Man kiss <3

Way back when, I wanted a version of Kimmy Schmidt where they unilaterally inserted themselves into the MCU by just referencing things like it was happening on the news. I also wanted the series to end with Kimmy finding out she was literally unbreakable and becoming an Avenger.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I always thought that Ellie Kemper would make a good Squirrel Girl

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

swickles posted:

I also wanted the series to end with Kimmy finding out she was literally unbreakable and becoming an Avenger.

The Maximoffs. They alive, dammit! It’s [the] a[ge of] Miracle[s]!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

swickles posted:

Way back when, I wanted a version of Kimmy Schmidt where they unilaterally inserted themselves into the MCU by just referencing things like it was happening on the news. I also wanted the series to end with Kimmy finding out she was literally unbreakable and becoming an Avenger.

The M Night Shyamalan crossover episode