Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Finished Locke & Key season 2, fffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

apt name for the episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

hwheel

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

New season of Tiger King out... and the producers still really want you sympathize with the entertaining but racist guy who killed Tigers and really want you to think Carol killed her husband. For Joe you have a couple minutes of "well he wasn't the best person" followed by "but he did have a heart of gold once" for the other forty. For Carol a bunch of interviews with people who knew her, but very little actual evidence.

Still feels wildly irresponsible, will probably not finish it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Qmass posted:

im rewatching the newsroom during a serious bout of having almost literally nothing to watch and well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypsQO3dFiB8&t=162s

Newsroom was how many years ago???

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I believe the first season was 2012

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

As long as Doug TenNapel is nowhere near it.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Timby posted:

As long as Doug TenNapel is nowhere near it.

He sold off the rights a while back so he gets nothing from this, thank god.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wait Star Trek Discovery season 4 started? I had no idea it was even close. I've liked parts of the show in the past but season 3 was so loving terrible I stopped caring. How was the new episode?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hakkesshu posted:

Wait Star Trek Discovery season 4 started? I had no idea it was even close. I've liked parts of the show in the past but season 3 was so loving terrible I stopped caring. How was the new episode?

It's good. Even most of the detractors seem to think so.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Bring back Another Period.

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Yellowjacket’s loving rules

Best pilot I’ve seen in a long time.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AwestruckVox/status/1461698018462384137

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
apparently that’s literally the last scene of the finale so hopefully nothing beforehand is that poo poo (it’s really really bad, drat). i’ve already gone past the other scene being posted of the awful lady calling Jet a glass of chocolate milk but I made it through somehow

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
That looks like all the other trailers that came out so

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Guess we know why ed wasn't featured in any of the promos

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I can't believe they turned the normally stoic and serious character Radical Edward into a strange weirdo it's like did they even watch the anime?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Ok, I'm hooked on Alone. I'm watching the arctic million dollar challenge season on Netflix, but I'm gonna need more.
Are any of the other seasons standouts or should I just watch them all?

Also can't stop watching La Brea. It isn't very good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wow, I can't believe the show that looked like poo poo still looks like poo poo. I'll give em credit. I didn't think they could gently caress up that bad

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I'm really into Netflix wasting money. just really really into this idea.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well I wouldn't look at their Q3 earnings report then

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I never really watched the original Cowboy Bebop but now I kinda want to to spite Netflix, and also I heard it was good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm the founding member of Get Rid Of Slimy animeS and even I'll concede Cowboy Bebop is good

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

isaboo posted:

Ok, I'm hooked on Alone. I'm watching the arctic million dollar challenge season on Netflix, but I'm gonna need more.

They're all good, and if you're on board with some google translated engrish there's 4 seasons of the Danish alone up on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/c/brian120574/videos

Just be prepared for the occasional dick, the Danish aren't prudes.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

isaboo posted:

That season is good, honestly I think the first season is still the best just because the contestants went in with zero expectation of what to except, everybody from then on got a huge heads up and learned that usually the fattest person at the start is the one who is going to win. Just watch every season imho, they are fun.

I haven't seen Naked and Afraid yet but a friend told me it's basically Alone but pairs in warm climates.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The World Inferno posted:

New season of Tiger King out... and the producers still really want you sympathize with the entertaining but racist guy who killed Tigers and really want you to think Carol killed her husband. For Joe you have a couple minutes of "well he wasn't the best person" followed by "but he did have a heart of gold once" for the other forty. For Carol a bunch of interviews with people who knew her, but very little actual evidence.

Still feels wildly irresponsible, will probably not finish it.

Episodes 4 and 5 are all about Jeff, Tim, and the hitman and they're MUCH better than the first three

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

I'm the founding member of Get Rid Of Slimy animeS and even I'll concede Cowboy Bebop is good

:same:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I remember when the news that OBL was killed came out and I thought it was really strange that everyone was celebrating when American propaganda had always been that justice through a trial was of paramount importance and that being killed by US forces was one of OBL's stated goals.

Probably a bad sign of things to come, in hindsight...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
post 9/11 propaganda mostly focused on obliterating our enemies at any cost, especially if the cost is our freedoms. Justice doesn't happen in this country anymore, literally cannot with how hosed our courts, legal, and police system is from top to bottom nad LOL once you start dealing with the military or alphabet agencies.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
:ssh: justice very rarely happened in this country before :911: either

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Is the live action Cowboy Bebop really just an almost shot for shot remake of the anime?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Gaunab posted:

Is the live action Cowboy Bebop really just an almost shot for shot remake of the anime?

I have only seen one episode, but some scenes are basically the same, but the overall plotting and introduction of characters is different.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

King Vidiot posted:

I never really watched the original Cowboy Bebop but now I kinda want to to spite Netflix, and also I heard it was good.

Duuuuuuuude, you gotta, it'll knock your socks off. Knowing some of your taste in retro and cinema fan wild stuff, I think the Bebop anime would add at least eighteen buckets of popcorn to your cinema experience level. Oh lord it's good.

And a bonus round, a couple other anime greats from around 98: Berserk, Outlaw Star, Trigun, Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 20, 2021

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Watching the first episode of "The Wheel of Time" and goddamn did that go from 0 to fucknuts violent suddenly.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Sounds like the first book.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Cowboy Bebop is basically space Xena, and this is a) entirely deliberate (J G-M helped make the show) and b) loving awesome.

The black, male line is high art.

Edit: That said, I'm prioritising The Great right now.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Open Source Idiom posted:

Cowboy Bebop is basically space Xena, and this is a) entirely deliberate (J G-M helped make the show) and b) loving awesome.

The black, male line is high art.

Edit: That said, I'm prioritising The Great right now.

Who is J G-M?

Xena was out three years before Cowboy Bebop, I believe.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Heavy Metal posted:

Who is J G-M?

Javier Grillo-Marxuach. He created The Middleman, was showrunner and writer on the recent Dark Crystal prequel adaptation and was working on the Xena reboot for years. He's got a sensibility to him that's interested in corny, ironic camp and kitsch, in the Kiwi action television / Saturday morning TV style -- which is what this Bebop adaptation is angling to be.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Right on, cool to hear about people like that. I'm a big fan of Raimi and the Xena cast, especially Bruce Campbell of course.

I'll say, just to be honest, I've mostly avoided posting about the Bebop remake, but it is so not for me. But what you're saying wouldn't be so bad to me, if this really did its own thing. Seeing from the trailers that it'll be attempting the pathos, having Julia in it etc. To me that was so beautifully and subtly done in the original, left a lot to the imagination. It's kind of like let's say remaking The Godfather to me, and I'm even more emotionally invested in Spike and Julia's story for example than the Corleone's.

For me I'd prefer to have the one version of that story in my noggin.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 20, 2021

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Cowboy Bebop is good and funny and has a great gritty noir style going for it. It's also got way more sex and violence than the anime. 4 episodes in and I'm enjoying it a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Two eps in and Bebop is good and fun. Scifi Witcher isn’t far off. Someone in the other thread mentioned it feels like Tarantino doing an adaptation of a 70s cartoon and they’re not wrong.

Haters gonna hate. The anime has plenty of dumb/absurd dialogue and moments. :shrug: