Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

veni veni veni posted:

This game just unequips all of my vehicle stuff every round. It’s infuriating.

Simple fix, just unequip the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

They going to kill the scout helis rockets or the cannons do you think?

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

FastestGunAlive posted:

I’ve never watched a streamer and I’m not about to start now- any good suggestions in particular in this ?

It almost feels like all his points were sourced from this very thread but it’s all the common complaints seen before but read over video of him killing people with the pp29.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

DrBox posted:

His points in the video were core game is fun, but lots of problems. A lot of this has already been said in the thread.

Haven't watched it yet but did he mention at all how hosed the Breakthrough gamemode is with 128 people and the lovely placement of capture points?

The routine of "Battlefield game comes out, Jack sings it's praises during early access, doubles back a bit to say it needs some attention after it launches and people have given their money to EA, slowly you notice less current game content, then later on a 'what went wrong video'" is still fresh in my mind from BFV's life cycle that I don't make it a point to keep up with his content the last 2 months

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

jisforjosh posted:

Haven't watched it yet but did he mention at all how hosed the Breakthrough gamemode is with 128 people and the lovely placement of capture points?

The routine of "Battlefield game comes out, Jack sings it's praises during early access, doubles back a bit to say it needs some attention after it launches and people have given their money to EA, slowly you notice less current game content, then later on a 'what went wrong video'" is still fresh in my mind from BFV's life cycle that I don't make it a point to keep up with his content the last 2 months

Jack will follow the exact same cycle for Battlefield 2042 as he did for V. He does the exact same cycle for literally every Call of Duty patch, completely debasing himself for revenue and access. Every single major CoD patch he puts out a WARZONE IS SAVED video, hypes the new paid features and skins, then a month later says WARZONE IS DEAD because of hacking or a myriad of other reasons that the patch never addressed. Then two months later a patch drops and WARZONE IS SAVED! Cycle continues on and on.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Just lmao if you watch stramers instead of playing the game and/or doing something/anything better with your time.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Honestly considering refunding this, just not having fun with it in its current state.

Has anyone had any luck refunding on PS4? I just realized the official release date is today so the easy pre-order refund probably won't work anymore, but I'm not sure if putting about 10 hours into it is too much playtime to be able to process a return.

If not I guess it's not the end of the world since I'm sure it will be good in a few months when they're fixed everything, but I'd rather use that money on a game that shipped in a state that is actually enjoyable in the meantime.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

jisforjosh posted:

I don't think it's so nefarious. He's a battlefield streamer excited to stream a new Battlefield. He hasn't been able to do that for years because of stream sniping and cheaters. It's not like there were videos during early access saying this will be GOTY and people need to rush out and buy it. EA paid him for coverage and he covered it. It's weird that people look at streamers who literally do this for their job and expect them to all rant and rave and burn bridges. Clickbait titles aside (welcome to youtube in 2021) I didn't find any of his content outright misleading. There are hours of video showing exactly what the game is with candid reactions to the bugs and glitches. All he did was wait for the day 1 patch to know exactly what the final product looked like, then made a video talking about his criticisms. JayzTwocents did the same thing although he was a lot more blunt. Now if this video dropped in a week or two that would feel like they're just trying to buy time for the purchases to roll in.

Now if you want an example of blatant shill bullshit, check this out! Videogame journalism at it's finest!

Son of Rodney posted:

Just lmao if you watch stramers instead of playing the game and/or doing something/anything better with your time.

An interesting take from someone posting about games on a dead comedy forum.

DrBox fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 20, 2021

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Yikes. They need to redo spawning. Every game is just piles of both teams respawning literally on top of each other over and over. It's ridiculous. I I didn't run into these issues in the open beta. Spawning seemed proper.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

found an interesting bug with the insertion beacon

https://i.imgur.com/MbeqGSa.mp4

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

If you want to just restock your current kit you can use the box then just hit escape, you don't have to select a loadout again.
Edit: wait what's the bug there?

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

if you get another insertion beacon after placing your first one, you cant place it until you do a reload animation on the insertion beacon

Ohhhh. I couldn't tell what was happening. Yeah that's bizarre.

DrBox fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 20, 2021

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

if you get another insertion beacon after placing your first one, you cant place it until you do a reload animation on the insertion beacon

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Cna you actually place it though? The video doesn't show you placing 2

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i was frustrated with this bug but lmao that you can "reload" the spawn beacon to fix it

also this owns b/c you can safely and easily leap frog spawn beacons as angel making him even more OP

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

ya, i shoot the second one i place

that bug was pissing me off until i realized you had to reload to be able to place a second beacon

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Just lost an Orbital Breakthrough that went really well until people started farming kills instead of playing the objective. Some things never change.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
the bullet bloom drives me loving crazy

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

SplitSoul posted:

Just lost an Orbital Breakthrough that went really well until people started farming kills instead of playing the objective. Some things never change.

I'm looking up on breakthrough renewal and see 7 drones all flying around. They need to put a battery in there so they can't do that all game

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Yerok posted:

the bullet bloom drives me loving crazy
dehumanize yourself and face to pp

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

why do they make you click "underbarrel" or "sight" on the side to change your attachments instead of that part of the cross

i keep clicking on my actual sights to try to select them

and did they nerf the c5 drone? I had a couple good smacks on vehicles that didn't destroy them

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Can't even install the game, it simply refuses to appear in the origin game library. Redeem code was accepted but nothing is there. Origin knows I have it cause I can look at the achiement list on my profile. So stupid.
See if I can get a refund from amazon

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

they should have named it the trizon

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

invoke pp

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DrBox posted:

Now if you want an example of blatant shill bullshit, check this out! Videogame journalism at it's finest!

I don't get what's wrong there?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

PP not poo poo?

Don't poo poo the pp

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

DrBox posted:

Agreed. I'm having fun but they should have pulled a Halo Infinite. If they manage to fix up the guns, squad, and scoring system by season 1 they should be in good shape but I doubt that Steam review will recover.

Edit: BF5 has a mostly positive rating, so anything is possible!

I wouldn't read too much into that - BF 5 didn't release on Steam until quite late in its life cycle (original release was November 2018, Steam release happened in June 2020), when it had already received significant updates and most of the people who it alienated had already moved on

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

By almost no standard is this game an 80% (and I still enjoy playing)

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

Primarily EGM giving the game a perfect score. I'm OK with positive reviews, if you're having fun good for you. But to give this game a flawless score is hilariously misleading

Edit: Maybe I'm out of touch but "attack of the fanboy"???

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 20, 2021

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

I wonder if this is tied to the bug that won't let me deploy turrets while they're blue? I'll try to "reload" the gun and deploy it a second time. Stupid big got me killed so many times.

Also I've had it glitch and keep my sentry up after I die sometimes, which ridiculously increases its competitiveness. Hoping it becomes a real feature.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Did they disable the a2g missiles for littlebird? My loadout changed and I can't change it back.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

how do you datamine this poo poo

i wanna know the bloom stats and how dumb the pp is compared to the ak-24 and confirm my suspicions

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Mega Comrade posted:

https://twitter.com/BattlefieldComm/status/1461812926550102016

Click for thread. Basically a bunch of fixes including hovercraft. But be next week.

This is bullshit the nightbird is just fine as is. I haven't unlocked all of the later weapons yet, but it doesn't take much at all to shoot these down as it is way weaker than any other heli so I don't see why they need to tune it down.

Sedisp posted:

They going to kill the scout helis rockets or the cannons do you think?

The starting cannons are super inaccurate unless you get real close, within recoilless m5 range.

thetan_guy42 posted:

Desert Combat was imo the best (unofficial) battlefield game ever made. Wonder what those guys went on to

Dice hired them and they worked on the next battlefield.

D-Pad fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 20, 2021

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wow, yeah those skyscrapers are impossible to take on breakthrough. They need to just move the last cap point somewhere unless until they find a better solution.

I have this crazy idea, hear me out. What if you could shoot rockets at the support pillars of the skyscrapers and cause the entire building to collapse to the ground, changing the objective into a rubble field that would be easier to attack. It sounds super innovative I know, but I actually saw this feature in an 8 year old game called Battlefield 4.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

DrBox posted:

I mean other than Electronic Gaming Monthly and Jeuxvideo has anyone even heard of any of these other generically named review givers? How do we know they aren't all just a bunch of EA's own David Mannings?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

D-Pad posted:

This is bullshit the nightbird is just fine as is. I haven't unlocked all of the later weapons yet, but it doesn't take much at all to shoot these down as it is way weaker than any other heli so I don't see why they need to tune it down.

The starting cannons are super inaccurate unless you get real close, within recoilless m5 range.

I agree that it's fine and I'm talking about the 20mm cannons not the miniguns

how do you datamine this poo poo

i wanna know the bloom stats and how dumb the pp is compared to the ak-24 and confirm my suspicions

They have similar spread values until you get into moving spread where all the ARs have much worse spread than the smgs.

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 20, 2021

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Fallom posted:

and did they nerf the c5 drone? I had a couple good smacks on vehicles that didn't destroy them

Same, I don't know what's happening exactly.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

D-Pad posted:

I could see them lower the reload rate on the rockets. You rarely run out the Nightbird and have to swap to MG unless the enemy team is totally ignoring you. Silk has a few games that are pretty nuts now that he's adjusting to the new flight physics. Otherwise I agree it's fine.

DrBox fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 20, 2021

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
game is trash and lol @ so many design/balance decisions

that said it's pretty fun and I'm definitely going to play it for at least a little while. Gun balance seems hosed, but lol if you touch dirt at any point in a round

shitposting aside, it does really need a lot more QA and balancing and I would absolutely kill for a non-hazard zone non-portal 32-44 player mode, though the maps sure aren't set up for that

still pretty fun, the good infantry points are great and the vehicles are fun

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 20, 2021

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

DrBox posted:

I could see them lower the reload rate on the rockets. You rarely run out the Nightbird and have to swap to MG unless the enemy team is totally ignoring you. Silk has a few games that are pretty nuts now that he's adjusting to the new flight physics. Otherwise I agree it's fine.

The miniguns are trash at killing men and will get you killed far more than they will net you a kill. The rockers should full reload but do so slowly instead of one at a time quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Another trick is that you can fire the rockets just slightly before they lock-on. Just spam the fire button and youll see. If youre working with just one other person, you two can clear the entire sky in your area but even by yourself youre a huge threat
You don't have to spam, just hold down the fire button and it will fire as soon as it's able to.

The other important trick for AA is that if a pilot pops flares, you still gain lock progress if you're pointing at the plane/heli during the flare immunity even though there's no UI feedback, meaning if you stay trained on the target, you will have almost a complete lock by the time the immunity wears off and you can launch a missile or two up their rear end immediately and they will get extremely little warning.