Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Broose posted:

Since there is no VR chat thread, I can only think to ask here since there is a problem that happens when I am in it.

While using my Index my vision shifts and my display greys out in what seems to be randomly. At first I thought it was a loss of tracking but I don't have problems in any other game, not even once. Some worlds react different as well. Like one world becomes laggy and my vision becomes blobby, but no grey flashes at all. Then I go to a place like the pug pub and there is no lag, but I grey out randomly. I assume it has something to do with other people and their avatars, but even after blockings everyone's avatar I would still grey out. I could also travel to different part of the world and the greying out would stop. Everything I read from google say "tracking issues" but It is the one thing I am sure it isn't. At least I am not losing my tracking by my own doing.

Does the avatar you're using have shader effects bound to gestures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
What are some great flat screen games that have mods for a VR mode?

I was surprised to see Outer Wilds had one, which I’m definitely getting. And I know of Subnautica, NMS, RoR, Skyrim, Fallout, and Flight Simulator.

What else?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

theblackw0lf posted:

I was surprised to see Outer Wilds had one, which I’m definitely getting. And I know of Subnautica, NMS, RoR, Skyrim, Fallout, and Flight Simulator.

What else?

Halflife 1, Doom 3, Quake 2, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, og doom. Just all the drbeef ports. Minecraft has a couple ways to play in VR,
Tons of NES games with 3dsen, which is a lot cooler than it sounds like it would be. Especially for Zelda and FF1
https://youtu.be/HhahRJdAWAs

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

theblackw0lf posted:

I’ll mention Alien: Isolation’s MotherVR mod right away.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

theblackw0lf posted:

What else?

ya missed GTA V and red dead redemption 2

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Frobbe posted:

Does the avatar you're using have shader effects bound to gestures?

I do not know what that means exactly but probably not since I got it from the small list next to the mirror in the home area? I'm not using gestures or anything I think. I'm just standing around and using the joysticks to move. I'll try changing avatars and see what happens anyways.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPdkSJHGRME
Mercenaries mode coming as an update. I'm not exactly sure what that mode entails, lol
The official video has been unlisted, that is a mirror. From https://biohazardcast.com/the-mercenaries-resident-evil-4-vr-coming-2022/

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

So the name change is done, Oculus is dead now?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah pretty much.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
very ready for the metaverse, getting my dentata installed tomorrow

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

very ready for the metaverse, getting my dentata installed tomorrow

Wait no one told me they were finally releasing teledildonics!

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

theblackw0lf posted:

What else?

Borderlands 2 has a VR version, as does elite:dangerous. ARK technically does too but it's pretty broken.

Also Morrowind via openMW, with hand tracking & archery & all that, but no script extender support which sucks (this is more of an openMW issue than VR issue to be fair).

Oh and the X game between 3 and 4 has a VR version complete with hand controls on the bridge, but it's a slightly cut-down version of the main game.

e: Maybe we could get a list into the OP.

e2: forgot about star wars: squadrons, eve: valkyrie and 2 of the last phroot games. Also Kerbal Space Program but only in a cockpit view.

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 20, 2021

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Been a bit out of the VR / Quest news and rumor cycle for a bit. Have an OG Quest that my kids love and monopolize the hell out of. Thinking of getting the Quest 2 but didn't know if we are on the verge of having a new Quest released soon. Also, did they ever get any type of family sharing for purchases or will I need to buy the same games again for the new one?

If I do go for the 2, Elite battery strap the smart play or do I need to go back to rigging up external batteries as counterweights and other dumb poo poo like I did for the Q1? I had heard that they made the Q2 more comfortable out the gate.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Borderlands 2 VR and Squadrons are straight up VR games and not mods, though. I think they asked for modded pancake games

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

So is subnautica, skyrim, nms and fallout which they've listed as examples though, so I feel like that's a bit moot.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.
It's probably a question about games that aren't VR-exclusive.

Another additionion to the list is DCS World.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Broose posted:

Since there is no VR chat thread, I can only think to ask here since there is a problem that happens when I am in it.

While using my Index my vision shifts and my display greys out in what seems to be randomly. At first I thought it was a loss of tracking but I don't have problems in any other game, not even once. Some worlds react different as well. Like one world becomes laggy and my vision becomes blobby, but no grey flashes at all. Then I go to a place like the pug pub and there is no lag, but I grey out randomly. I assume it has something to do with other people and their avatars, but even after blockings everyone's avatar I would still grey out. I could also travel to different part of the world and the greying out would stop. Everything I read from google say "tracking issues" but It is the one thing I am sure it isn't. At least I am not losing my tracking by my own doing.

its going gray cuz its trying to load a thing, and whatever it is, is heavy as gently caress and is causing "everything" to pause a second. I get this on a few titles. VRchat happens a bit depending on world and all that. Sometimes someone will "load in" with a really heavy avatar and give me a gray pop.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Anyone try this physical dodging mod in Skyrim VR? Seems like the intent is to be able to juke sword swings by quickly moving your body

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/comments/qy79ic/release_physical_dodge_vr_is_now_up_on_the_nexus/

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Haven't touched my Quest 2 or Index in months until I freaking realized Beat Saber custom songs mod, whole hell this is a game changer. The community made maps are so much better and the songs are complete bangers.

Also sidequest is great way to find so many cool apps that never get marketed on the oculus main store.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Nov 20, 2021

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

New Walkabout Level!
its $2.99 and lots of fun.

https://youtu.be/ojXzzx34irM

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

If I want to play it with friends does everyone need to own the DLC?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

BrainDance posted:

Halflife 1, Doom 3, Quake 2, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein, og doom. Just all the drbeef ports. Minecraft has a couple ways to play in VR,
Tons of NES games with 3dsen, which is a lot cooler than it sounds like it would be. Especially for Zelda and FF1
https://youtu.be/HhahRJdAWAs

There's also Serious Sam 1 and 2. I've played most of the games mentioned, and imo NMS is one of the best for VR. They did a fine job adapting it for the oculus controllers.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Beer_Suitcase posted:

New Walkabout Level!
its $2.99 and lots of fun.

https://youtu.be/ojXzzx34irM

I loved it. Really hard to find the lost golf balls though.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

ChocNitty posted:

There's also Serious Sam 1 and 2. I've played most of the games mentioned, and imo NMS is one of the best for VR. They did a fine job adapting it for the oculus controllers.

I still boot up the serious sam games. They hold up better than so many actual VR games its hilarious.

Plus the croteam vr bundle is on sale regularly and you can get the whole lot of VR things for 10 bucks or some poo poo,

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
I just spent a few minutes jumping through a bunch of hoops to airplay the video feed from my old Mavic Air drone onto my Quest. It’s pretty drat janky but it’s a neat way to get some of the experience of FPV flying without spending a grand or more on a kit.

Alien Isolation is getting an Android (and iOS) release soon which makes me hopeful we get a port to the Quest since, from what I understand, the game was originally supposed to have official VR support before getting axed late in development.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Leathal posted:

I just spent a few minutes jumping through a bunch of hoops to airplay the video feed from my old Mavic Air drone onto my Quest. It’s pretty drat janky but it’s a neat way to get some of the experience of FPV flying without spending a grand or more on a kit.

PLEASE detail the hoops you jumped. I’ve been trying to get this going for months and have never found a good guide for it.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Valheim has a decent VR mod too. Deep Rock Galactic will have one soon, it's in development.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/t6nTeNh.mp4

God loving drat I love VR

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

If anyone wants to try Borderlands 2 here's a couple steps to make it work well:

1. Turn on roomscale movement in options, this gets rid of the jitter
2. Turn off the crosshair
3. Reduce the tunnel view for everything except lowest on aiming (and also optionally on vehicles, it does help)
4. When shooting unscoped guns hold down the left trigger, this will increase your accuracy without changing anything (you can tell through the tunnel effect thing)

The cinema screen effect for cutscenes is a bit weird but I didn't find it too bad. The game is pretty challenging though, especially if you prefer teleport movement.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is there any modding that needs to be done for Skyrim? I haven't loaded it up yet despite buying it months ago. But dang that makes me want to try it

As an aside, I picked up Warhammer Tempestfall the other day and I'm stuck... Just trying to lift a loving door open. Like my Height sensitivity is wrong or something because I just can't lift the object high enough for it "lock" in place. I tried recalibrating my headset / entering a lower Height, is there something else I can do to game that sort of thing?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Sab669 posted:

Is there any modding that needs to be done for Skyrim? I haven't loaded it up yet despite buying it months ago. But dang that makes me want to try it

As an aside, I picked up Warhammer Tempestfall the other day and I'm stuck... Just trying to lift a loving door open. Like my Height sensitivity is wrong or something because I just can't lift the object high enough for it "lock" in place. I tried recalibrating my headset / entering a lower Height, is there something else I can do to game that sort of thing?

try flinging it open (and letting go at the apex)

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Sab669 posted:

You need to mod it but essentially the bare minimum setup you need is VR Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) so we can use our other mods, SKY-UI, a user interface mod, VRIK, a mod that lets you see your body, by default you can't.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Sab669 posted:

Something something summer childe something something.

See it's not a meme if I don't say the whole thing.

(there's a lot of chat about modding it upthread, but in short, most definitely)

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

explosivo posted:

Yes

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Higgs and vrik are the 100% must have's

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

explosivo posted:

As stated, yes, but I believe you’re actually buying the Lost Cities DLC which will continue to add new courses. That is, you buy it and get one course now, but more as they add to the set later. At least I think that’s what they were saying on discord.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

try flinging it open (and letting go at the apex)

Blah, this was it.

I've mostly only played Beat Saber + Pistol Whip, so I'm still "getting my VR legs" I guess and a lot of interactions are not intuitive at all. I've dabbled with Boneworks and HL:A and a few other random titles, it's frustrating that every game implements things slightly differently. Much more jarring in VR than like typical discrepancies between regular old PC games eg "Oh this game uses F instead of E for its main function button"

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Turin Turambar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPdkSJHGRME
Mercenaries mode coming as an update. I'm not exactly sure what that mode entails, lol
The official video has been unlisted, that is a mirror. From https://biohazardcast.com/the-mercenaries-resident-evil-4-vr-coming-2022/

It's score attack horde mode.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

PLEASE detail the hoops you jumped. I’ve been trying to get this going for months and have never found a good guide for it.

1) Put your phone into hotspot mode, pick a 5ghz channel, connect your Quest to the hotspot
2) Side load Airscreen (https://m.apkpure.com/airscreen-airplay-cast-miracast-dlna/com.ionitech.airscreen) onto the Quest and run it
3) Rig up your phone to the drone controller and get everything ready for takeoff - if your drone uses wifi channels to communicate with the controller, pick a different 5ghz channel from the hotspot. Maybe even fly it around a bit to make sure there’s no interference before strapping the headset on
4) Cast/Airplay your phone to the Quest and resize the virtual screen to whatever’s most comfortable

I’ve flown real FPV before and this ain’t it. But I’ve also tried Google Cardboard faux FPV with Litchi in the past and this ghetto air screen method is much closer to the former than the latter.

Just make sure you fly low and close long enough to get used to the extra 40ish ms of lag compared to normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

It's score attack horde mode.
It's an iconic score attack mode. I love the RE series, particularly RE4, and I'm sad that I don't have the gene all other RE fans have that gets them excited to play the same content over and over. I always feel like a fraud when I wander into the RE thread to see if there's info on new DLC or games, and everyone is talking about playing their 20th RE2 run to unlock Claire's racecar costume or whatever.

But yeah, I would recommend at least trying Mercenaries mode if you liked the combat in RE4 at all.