Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

hambeet posted:

going back is painful, but i will point out i'm pretty sure your timing on that is off.

as in i was onto bif before merk was even raised by toal.

You still didn't really mention merk at all at the time, but honestly it doesn't matter much to me today. For me it's Voodoo and one of you two and I'm really just going to revisit stuff once we have that flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i didn't, but i sussed out toals theory and then voted merk when i felt good about toal. in between dealing with you and bif which tbh took up most of my capacity.

ummmmm idk if i'm feeling voodoo more than bif.

hmmmmm

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Why do you think it's bif? SK or Scum?

Spell it out for me, please.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Like keep in mind we're looking for a scum and an SK here, so why one over the other?

Do you think if bif is scum/sk, voodoo can't be?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

The hell with it. I know yami is lying about last night and was hoping that with deadmeat voting yami I could just push a case.

I’m not vanilla I’m a roleblocker. I didn’t want to claim it because town roleblocker isn’t a helpful claim alignment wise and also puts the power

I roleblocked yami last night. I was told it was successful. So there is no way yami would genuinely think they protected themselves last night and stopped a kill, unless they don’t get success and fail results of their actions.

As far as previous actions tommu blocked meat night one. I didn’t block anyone night 2 because I didn’t have my head in the game enough to make a choice. I blocked bif night 3 thinking maybe hum was riding a strong intuition and night four yami for obvious reasons.

So yes voting yami. We are missing a kill last night and I know that yami can’t genuinely believe they protected themselves, coupled with everything else I’ve said.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##unvote

This is correct actually.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I just doublechecked my results and N3 was "action successful" while N4 was "action failed."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I assumed the failure was due to to Jugg interfering with my doc but that's not the case.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anyway, full claim time!

The Jekyll/Hyde mechanic I was being cagey about is actually a full on role swap.

Jekyll is a Doctor whereas Hyde is a bodyguard.

I knew I didn't prevent a kill N2 because I was a Bodyguard Night 2.

I docced Toal N1 (Since I assumed they were a Cop at the time, I didn't want them to be silenced via NK).
I BG'd Bif N2 (Since they were the alternative to Merk, I figured they would be a viable NK target alongside toal and Sandwolf)
I docced Maerlyn N3 (like I mentioned earlier, I figured out they were a Tracker)
I attempted to BG Toal N4 (because they were the only one physically impossible to have been one of the killers). This action is the only one that failed - Voodoo actually saved me from death.

I claimed to have docced myself as a gambit hoping to draw an NK to myself.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I didn't want to claim the BG swap part since that tells scum when to attack me as I cannot protect myself.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

It is kind of odd that you didn't mention that at all when I have been vocally using the track to nowhere on bif as a reason to clear them though... hm.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Wait no, the track on Bif was N2. Where you didn't block them.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Aaaaaalso you wanted to coast as a VT claim at LYLO.

Only when you felt like you had a gotcha did you come out with a real claim.

"Doesn't seem like a townie claim" with a scum jailor dead seems pretty fake tbh. More like you didn't want town to have the info about who was role blocked when because it could be used to clear people.

Like deadmeat for example. If you truly roleblocked them day 1, they are town confirmed at this point.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Also something just occured to me.

Doesn't that claim actually mostly solve the game?

Voodoo claims to have roleblocked Deadmeat N1. That means that either Deadmeat got roleblocked N1 and we still have 2 kills or Voodoo is scum and just picked Deadmeat as a random unprovable roleblock target.

Voodo also claims to have roleblocked Bif Night 3. Again, in a night with 2 kills. Same thing - either Bif got roleblocked on a night with 2 kills or a scum voodoo picked them as an unprovable roleblock target.

Either way, doesn't that pretty much narrow it down to me, beet, and voodoo as potential killers?

It's less certain with deadmeat but given the scum roles that flipped and the fact that we KNOW there was a busdrive Night 1 I'm inclined to believe deadmeat is town right now.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bif, beet, thoughts?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I'd like someone to double check that logic for me.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Not sure what you are talking about coasting. I didn’t want to reveal a roleblock if it had the power to stop a kill and maybe out a potential killer at night. And when meat was willing to vote you I thought I could keep it locked up another night.

But bifs vote changed that.

##unvote. You admitting your action failed is not what I expected. I was up way way way too late last night working on my TD entry only to wake up to little fly way way way too early this morning so want to think it through again after reading your role post.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also something just occured to me.

Doesn't that claim actually mostly solve the game?

Voodoo claims to have roleblocked Deadmeat N1. That means that either Deadmeat got roleblocked N1 and we still have 2 kills or Voodoo is scum and just picked Deadmeat as a random unprovable roleblock target.

Voodo also claims to have roleblocked Bif Night 3. Again, in a night with 2 kills. Same thing - either Bif got roleblocked on a night with 2 kills or a scum voodoo picked them as an unprovable roleblock target.

Either way, doesn't that pretty much narrow it down to me, beet, and voodoo as potential killers?

It's less certain with deadmeat but given the scum roles that flipped and the fact that we KNOW there was a busdrive Night 1 I'm inclined to believe deadmeat is town right now.

No hold up, we KNOW that deadmeat can't have done the roleblock according to Voodoo's claim. B- jailed Maer, failing their n1 action, and Merk busdrove himself with Sandwolf.

Both Bif and Deadmeat are confirmed non-killers as far as I'm concerned.

Since I know I'm town, both voodoo and beet are the remaining killers.

Since it's my word against voodoo's right now, I hereby propose a beet lunch.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Voodoofly posted:

Not sure what you are talking about coasting. I didn’t want to reveal a roleblock if it had the power to stop a kill and maybe out a potential killer at night. And when meat was willing to vote you I thought I could keep it locked up another night.

But bifs vote changed that.

##unvote. You admitting your action failed is not what I expected. I was up way way way too late last night working on my TD entry only to wake up to little fly way way way too early this morning so want to think it through again after reading your role post.

Yeah sorry I was trying to gambit into baiting an NK on me. Either way, what do you think about my proposal?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

If you truly roleblocked those two, they are confirmed non killers.

We're looking for TWO killers out of the three of Beet, Voodoo, and myself.

It's pretty much me vs voodoo's word right now - one of us has to be town though.

That would, however, make beet a killer no matter what.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Voodoo?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hey Voodoo, if we both make it through the Day I want you to roleblock me. I'm stuck in BG mode anyway because of the roleblock so we might as well use this chance to confirm you.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

As an actual roleblocker and not like a JOAT or whatever, since you only got one confirmable RB right now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##unvote

Oh lol morning all. I'm very down with voting Beet but Voodoo sounds full of it. Let me catch up on all this

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

##unvote

Oh lol morning all. I'm very down with voting Beet but Voodoo sounds full of it. Let me catch up on all this

Yeah I don't like the late as poo poo roleblocker claim after claiming VT at all personally.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah I don't like the late as poo poo roleblocker claim after claiming VT at all personally.

And while I could see wanting to hide it for more utility, he still hid it all through Stupid Humalong Day when some peeps were going on about what a scum roleblocker might have to do with any of that nonsense

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

And while I could see wanting to hide it for more utility, he still hid it all through Stupid Humalong Day when some peeps were going on about what a scum roleblocker might have to do with any of that nonsense

Also it occured to me that I believe the only one they were claiming to be suspicious of around N3 was me, so why not jut roleblock me?

This stinks of just wanting non-verifiable targets.

Anyway I haven't double checked that I'm just about to hop into the shower, but right now I'm thinking voodoo is probably a scum JOAT which had a jugg and a roleblock (I DID get roleblocked) that wants to use the VT as excuses to claim roleblocker.

Anyway, brb.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

And I expressly stayed out of those discussions because I figured they were bullshit other than trying to find out what a “missing roleblock” might have meant because I knew I had withheld mine but had no idea how anyone would know that.

For whatever it’s worth, yami isn’t contradicting me that I roleblocked them last night and knew they were lying about successfully stopping a kill.

Also yami I’m still back around to you being scum and beet most likely the SK. So I’m not going to say I will roleblock you but if we are both alive I’m definitely going to consider it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

There literally is a missing kill even.

##vote yami

No way do I think a town doctor gets roleblocked last night and still tries to play up that they stopped a kill.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voodoofly posted:

##vote yami

No way do I think a town doctor gets roleblocked last night and still tries to play up that they stopped a kill.

Welp this whole character arc here has got me wondering a lot more about Yami, yes

...but still left me wondering if it's Yami/Voodoo or Beet/Voodoo

##vote Voodoo

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Welp this whole character arc here has got me wondering a lot more about Yami, yes

...but still left me wondering if it's Yami/Voodoo or Beet/Voodoo

##vote Voodoo

You know I didn't kill anyone last night because yami can verify it, despite trying to claim they blocked a kill all day long. I assume its yami/beet but honestly yami is claiming there is a jugg kill so a supercharged kill through a roleblock isn't out of the question.

So ask away I guess. If I have to pick town between you and meat I'm picking you so I'm not going to try and fight you all that much. If you vote me we can still win if scum/sk kill each other or converge on a target, which isn't beyond the realm of possibility, so if I'm going down definitely better to go today.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

and by ask away I mean I'll do my best to answer tonight. My friend is landing in an hour so heading to meet him shortly, and trying to get my TD entry posted now so I don't stay out late and miss the deadline.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Voodoofly posted:

You know I didn't kill anyone last night because yami can verify it, despite trying to claim they blocked a kill all day long. I assume its yami/beet but honestly yami is claiming there is a jugg kill so a supercharged kill through a roleblock isn't out of the question.

Ugh Yami thought it was cause of the jugg though, what if it is

Bah I'll at least wait to see what Beet thinks about all this, maybe it'll sound just as bullshit

##unvote

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

It sounds like bullshit. There was a reason I was trying to push yami without claiming. I don't have the energy to push it well enough, though, and I would like us to win.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

And TD entry posted! I needed to celebrate somewhere, that was a bitch to bash out last night and clean up this morning.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Voodoofly posted:

##vote yami

I literally said it before - I was a BG that night so I assumed my action failed because I couldn't redirect a Jugg kill onto myself.

Anyway, fairly sure Voodoo just scum slipped:

Voodoofly posted:

And I expressly stayed out of those discussions because I figured they were bullshit other than trying to find out what a “missing roleblock” might have meant because I knew I had withheld mine but had no idea how anyone would know that.

For whatever it’s worth, yami isn’t contradicting me that I roleblocked them last night and knew they were lying about successfully stopping a kill.

Also yami I’m still back around to you being scum and beet most likely the SK. So I’m not going to say I will roleblock you but if we are both alive I’m definitely going to consider it.

Voodoofly posted:

So ask away I guess. If I have to pick town between you and meat I'm picking you so I'm not going to try and fight you all that much. If you vote me we can still win if scum/sk kill each other or converge on a target, which isn't beyond the realm of possibility, so if I'm going down definitely better to go today.

This narrative makes no sense. If Voodoo thinks that Beet and I are scum, roleblocking Bif and deadmeat would mean they're confirmed non-killers. More to the point, we KNOW the Jugg is scum because the Jugg was used in the same night as a scum member died to SK.

As such, Voodoo should trust both Bif AND Deadmeat. The fact that they're still going along with a Yami vote instead of going with my suggestion also stinks tbh. They're even agree Beet stinks of being SK or scum, so beet would be the safer option there.

Between coming in D2 and immediately soft-defending Merk despite "Having no time to get caught up", not claiming their roleblock when it could clear people, CLAIMING VT IN LYLO AND THEN CHANGING THEIR CLAIM and having really convenient targets it kind of stinks.

Here's what really happened: Voodoo ran into my gambit to draw the NK to myself and got overeager.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Like, why would town lie about their role in LYLO? A town rolecop would cause an instant loss for town. And the doctor claim is already outed.

I can only see this happening from a scum angle.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I agree Yami I'm just waiting for Beet and Deadmeat to show up and have one last chance for them to also lie about something lol

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote Voodoo

Just gonna leave this here before I forget, won't be around for much longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wow. Busy night.