Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So we have an alternating role.

And double kills have alternated as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Yami Fenrir (1): Deadmeat5150, Deadmeat5150, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Voodoofly
Voodoofly (1): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir

Not Voting (3): Bifauxnen, Deadmeat5150, hambeet

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 22nd, 2021 at 11:53 a.m. EST -- that's in about 20 hours, 30 minutes.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Also lol I'm fairly sure that beet is the SK now. Look how gung-ho about voting Meen based on the b- kill.

I believe that b- was killed specifically to frame Meen:

hambeet posted:

so binus was pushing meen as an alternative to merk it looks like on my re-read:

a couple that stood out. there wasn't a lot lol it's binus.

merk also pushing this d2. clearly.

binus took it into day 3 as well. is this just the 'stick on one target and tunnel' play?

a few others of interest, binus's town list, meen rates a mention again.

switched to bif there after the tracker claim i think it was.

i'll keep thinking about this overnight.

Beet also came up with a bunch of reasons why it hum couldn't have absorbed the shot:

hambeet posted:

i agree with this. i liked the theory, but bif is right. humalong would not have sat on a day vig and played a gambit claim about bif instead. he would have just shot her.

hambeet posted:

so that suggests to me his bullet proof didn't trigger. he also would not have made poo poo up. so why the tracking of bif which contradicts maer?

hambeet posted:

I’d vote meen today. I’m just not doing it yet because that would -1 the vote.

Yami is an uncountered doc. Despite my earlier misgivings and feelings their thought processes post operation defend Bif seem fine to me.

Meen is laying it on a bit thick today I feel.

hambeet posted:

Okay are we good to end the day? I’m happy to hammer whenever

This looked fine back in the day but given that B- was killed by an SK and then hambeet immediately pounced on this with their first big post in the day and hammered, it does kind of look like beet may have set up meen specifically as a scapegoat to get another double kill night and get us into LYLO.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also this eleventh hour claim from voodoo. Wow.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami you seem pretty frantic today.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anyway, I say voodoo first, worry about the (probable) SK later. I have a 1/2 chance of dying tonight anyway :v:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

hambeet posted:

Yami you seem pretty frantic today.

It's called LYLO!

I want to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Town needs to get this twice right in a row which suuuucks.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami Fenrir posted:

It's called LYLO!

I want to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Town needs to get this twice right in a row which suuuucks.

Or just hope they kill each other lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol it’s not really ever the type of argument to convince people, but if I was SK or scum I would have offed bif and / or yami after day 2.

Like there’s no way I’d be leaving another Aussie around until lylo if I was not town.

We’ve got heaps of time. I’m quite happy to hold this day out till the end. I want to review night action claims now with yami and voodoos claims.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

Or just hope they kill each other lol

Or that, yeah. Unfortunately I'm a pessimist.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Lol so I just found the actual voodoo scumslip Day 3

Voodoofly posted:

##vote hum

I don't think bif is scum.

Even if toalp is right that hum is scum and bif is an sk, I actually think I'd rather have one extra shot to kill scum tonight and/or have scum take out bif to protect themselves.

"Even if Bif an SK, I don't want to roleblock them so they maybe hit scum."

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

For your convenience, beet:

Yami Fenrir posted:

Anyway, full claim time!

The Jekyll/Hyde mechanic I was being cagey about is actually a full on role swap.

Jekyll is a Doctor whereas Hyde is a bodyguard.

I knew I didn't prevent a kill N2 because I was a Bodyguard Night 2.

I docced Toal N1 (Since I assumed they were a Cop at the time, I didn't want them to be silenced via NK).
I BG'd Bif N2 (Since they were the alternative to Merk, I figured they would be a viable NK target alongside toal and Sandwolf)
I docced Maerlyn N3 (like I mentioned earlier, I figured out they were a Tracker)
I attempted to BG Toal N4 (because they were the only one physically impossible to have been one of the killers). This action is the only one that failed - Voodoo actually saved me from death.

I claimed to have docced myself as a gambit hoping to draw an NK to myself.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Scum voodoo wants sk to kill scum?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

For your convenience, beet:

Ty.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

hambeet posted:

Scum voodoo wants sk to kill scum?

Voodoo claims to have roleblocked Bif night 3 after saying that late into day 3.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

With the amazing reasoning of "Maybe hum was onto something", too.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Yami Fenrir posted:

I literally said it before - I was a BG that night so I assumed my action failed because I couldn't redirect a Jugg kill onto myself.

Anyway, fairly sure Voodoo just scum slipped:

This narrative makes no sense. If Voodoo thinks that Beet and I are scum, roleblocking Bif and deadmeat would mean they're confirmed non-killers. More to the point, we KNOW the Jugg is scum because the Jugg was used in the same night as a scum member died to SK.

As such, Voodoo should trust both Bif AND Deadmeat. The fact that they're still going along with a Yami vote instead of going with my suggestion also stinks tbh. They're even agree Beet stinks of being SK or scum, so beet would be the safer option there.

Between coming in D2 and immediately soft-defending Merk despite "Having no time to get caught up", not claiming their roleblock when it could clear people, CLAIMING VT IN LYLO AND THEN CHANGING THEIR CLAIM and having really convenient targets it kind of stinks.

Here's what really happened: Voodoo ran into my gambit to draw the NK to myself and got overeager.

Unless you are scum and lying about protecting maer, right?

My roleblock hasn’t been able to clear anyone yet. Bif and deadmeat haven’t had votes so no need to claim about them. I also don’t know if my roleblock clears anyone. Scum or SK might have a jugg kill or a supercharged kill or way to defeat a roleblock. If we believe you someone can defeat a doc protect.

The only thing I’m certain about is you lying about a successful action last night. I also thought you were scum from your vote on merk and interaction about circles death, both of which came before the roleblock. Relying solely on night actions loses games. I was screaming this last game in squid, I have been screaming this since I was making games ten years ago to purposefully deter night action bingo stuff.

I think you bussed merk. I know you were lying about last night and stopping a kill. I feel way better about those than trying to solve a game with unknown information and ignoring what I do know.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Lol so I just found the actual voodoo scumslip Day 3

"Even if Bif an SK, I don't want to roleblock them so they maybe hit scum."

Again, where is that a slip? Are we literally going into semantic battles again. This was before I roleblocked buf. And more importantly before hum flipped as town.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

The slip is simple: Going from that post alone you wouldn't be roleblocking bif.

Not to mention, Bif was tracked nowhere the previous day and you knew you weren't responsible for it. Why roleblock Bif then?

It really just looks like an excuse to for that night.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Voodoofly posted:

Unless you are scum and lying about protecting maer, right?

Ignoring the bullshit about bussing merk that I said like a dozen times is utter horseshit again,

once again:

Then why would I claim to have protected Maer? I could literally have just stated I protected toal and not given town the info there's a Jugg in play.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Why would you have lied about last night as opposed to saying you got roleblocked?

Bif and merk were tied vote leaders day 2. Bif was involved in a crazy triangle day 3. After hums flip i thought Bif had the most potential to stop something or at least provide some information.

Also, your entire “they must be cleared” presupposes that you are scum. I think you are scum, but if you are the SK then meat didn’t have to make a kill night one and minus could have made a kill night 3, meaning Bif and meat could be remaining scum.

Again, you lied about last night and are trying to ignore just playing the game to try and solve everything though night actions and imperfect knwoledge, then question anyone not trusting you out of blind faith. That isn’t town behaviour, that’s trying to stay alive.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

The slip is simple: Going from that post alone you wouldn't be roleblocking bif.

Not to mention, Bif was tracked nowhere the previous day and you knew you weren't responsible for it. Why roleblock Bif then?

It really just looks like an excuse to for that night.

But hum flipped town that day. You seem to think no one changes opinions after a flip? Especially on a day where people were floating Bif as SK?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I've already argued everything I wanted to argue about you that wasn't night action based, don't even.Just because you're unwilling to pick it out because it doesn't assist your viewpoint doesn't mean it's not there.

Anyway, I've literally explained what happened surrounding your roleblock like 3 times already (I thought it failed to the Jugg and wanted to bait a killer into attacking me) but you are conveniently ignoring that, just like most everything I write.

Since you are clearly arguing from a dishonest viewpoint, I'm just going to stop arguing with you.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Ignoring the bullshit about bussing merk that I said like a dozen times is utter horseshit again,

once again:

Then why would I claim to have protected Maer? I could literally have just stated I protected toal and not given town the info there's a Jugg in play.

Again, if you are concerned about town info why lie and try to pretend you stopped a kill? Obviously whoever toleblocked you would know it happened. Why not immediately tell the town there is a roleblock in play?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

hambeet posted:

But hum flipped town that day. You seem to think no one changes opinions after a flip? Especially on a day where people were floating Bif as SK?

Again, a supposed SK that was tracked nowhere the previous night.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Voodoofly posted:

Again, if you are concerned about town info why lie and try to pretend you stopped a kill? Obviously whoever toleblocked you would know it happened. Why not immediately tell the town there is a roleblock in play?

Are you literally incapable of reading words or just faking it?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anyway, I'm going to tune out for today. Voodoo is Scum/SK and I'm not changing my vote.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Again, a supposed SK that was tracked nowhere the previous night.

The previous night when there was a missing kill, right?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yami's hiding stuff for later just makes way more sense for a doctor (scum can just go around it if they know its restrictions) than it does for a roleblocker, especially after people were trying to think through roleblock stuff to make any sense out of Hum, and a lot of presumptions were made based on scum binus being the only block out there.

I'm still leaning Voodoo but I wanna see where Beet lands here

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also something just occured to me.

Doesn't that claim actually mostly solve the game?

Voodoo claims to have roleblocked Deadmeat N1. That means that either Deadmeat got roleblocked N1 and we still have 2 kills or Voodoo is scum and just picked Deadmeat as a random unprovable roleblock target.

Voodo also claims to have roleblocked Bif Night 3. Again, in a night with 2 kills. Same thing - either Bif got roleblocked on a night with 2 kills or a scum voodoo picked them as an unprovable roleblock target.

Either way, doesn't that pretty much narrow it down to me, beet, and voodoo as potential killers?

It's less certain with deadmeat but given the scum roles that flipped and the fact that we KNOW there was a busdrive Night 1 I'm inclined to believe deadmeat is town right now.

If I was Roleblocked N1 then nobody would know since I'm vanilla and can't do anything anyway.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

##vote Voodoofly

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Yami's hiding stuff for later just makes way more sense for a doctor (scum can just go around it if they know its restrictions) than it does for a roleblocker, especially after people were trying to think through roleblock stuff to make any sense out of Hum, and a lot of presumptions were made based on scum binus being the only block out there.

I'm still leaning Voodoo but I wanna see where Beet lands here

yes, i agree, however it's also not a normal doctor claim. i'm amused by the doctor / SK alternating role idea here to be honest. though by entertaining it does not necessarily mean i believe in it. i want to do a recap of the night actions.

one thing i know for certain is people are becoming very unchill and i think everyone should chill.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Deadmeat5150 posted:

##vote Voodoofly

oh my

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I almost edited that to clean up the image but gently caress it.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Please don't quote my shame.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Just popping in for this

Deadmeat5150 posted:

If I was Roleblocked N1 then nobody would know since I'm vanilla and can't do anything anyway.

My point was that it actually makes you much more likely to be town since there were 2 scum that we know what they did.

B- jailed Maer and Merk busdrove himself and Sandwolf.

As such you were much less likely to have done the kill (it would have require you to be the scum juggernaut).

This is something voodoo is conveniently ignoring - you were on both merk and b- butt so I don't think you are scum.

I actually am fairly certain you and bif are town. I need to go sleep soon but please believe bif and me on this - voodoo is the likely scum/sk here, not me.

I know you don't trust me, but please listen to Bif.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Oh missed that. Anyway, I'm off for real now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm getting ready for work, logging in etc, and trying to do some 'a beautiful mind' solving montage about how both the sk and scum have to hit the other today to deduce, through votes and strength of argument, who is who today.

i don't think it's working.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

not yet anyhow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well aside from the observation that bif, yami and deadmeat all being keen to vote voodoo, suggests to me that the one of them that is scum / sk are pretty sure voodoo is the other scum / sk as they wouldn't risk wasting today's vote on a town.