Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
We don't have a sign up but people just know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Joburg posted:

Just visited the brand new Pooler Costco! There was :siren: NO LINE :siren: at the gas pumps because the price sign isn’t up yet, my lucky day!

That's the kind of thing I dream about. This morning I had to pay an extra 40c a gallon on a full tank because it would be a 20 minute wait at my local.

FAH Q
Aug 19, 2007

Certified Monster Fucker
Did anyone land the BARK dog toys with the Costco card and booze ? I laughed and had to buy them. Highly recommend because Bark and Barkbox toys are great quality. Also, love me dem european Christmas cookies in the red tin. So glad I dealt with the madness there because I landed in snack heaven.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mormon Nailer posted:

Weird work related question: are y'all having trouble getting in and keeping stocks of laundry detergent? I'm not at Costco but I'm a distributor and holy gently caress we suddenly got three truckloads of laundry detergent cancelled (all P&G products) because there aren't jugs.

I was in Ralph’s on Friday and the laundry detergent isle was weirdly barren.

I’m guessing whatever they need is sitting on those 150 container ships.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

MarcusSA posted:

I was in Ralph’s on Friday and the laundry detergent isle was weirdly barren.

I’m guessing whatever they need is sitting on those 150 container ships.

It is. Confirmation from the plastics guy, all manufactured overseas containers are basically non-existent for a few months until everything gets offloaded, cbp checked, trucked, filled and then delivered.

Lol we won't have laundry detergent in stock until late January.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
These completely random shortages are just mind boggling to me.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

I mean it's the same problem it's always been. If you don't pay, people don't work, and if people don't work, boss man can't get people to get rae materials, make the things, ship the things, repackage and display the things, etc.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I had to park in the south forty today but inside it was fine? Lines were short and I didn't feel crowded. I must have just missed a rush.

Also there are a lot of puzzles still if anyone wants one. PM me.

Got myself a leg of lamb for Thanksgiving. And some fancy cheese for an app.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mormon Nailer posted:

Weird work related question: are y'all having trouble getting in and keeping stocks of laundry detergent? I'm not at Costco but I'm a distributor and holy gently caress we suddenly got three truckloads of laundry detergent cancelled (all P&G products) because there aren't jugs.

I honestly have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me. The whole supply chain is beyond hosed. We can't get poo poo we need, and the Depot keeps unloading poo poo we don't need just to free up space for the poo poo they're supposed to be getting.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mormon Nailer posted:

I mean it's the same problem it's always been. If you don't pay, people don't work, and if people don't work, boss man can't get people to get rae materials, make the things, ship the things, repackage and display the things, etc.

I've never seen this many random shortages before.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gaius Marius posted:

I honestly have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me. The whole supply chain is beyond hosed. We can't get poo poo we need, and the Depot keeps unloading poo poo we don't need just to free up space for the poo poo they're supposed to be getting.

Just FYI there's very little in the way of any liquid soaps or household cleaners per P&G distribution, mostly because of a lack of appropriate plastics, so. I'm sorry I'm advance. Everyone is going to be a dick on both the retail and the commercial side of things for a while.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su

Chinatown posted:

My opinion on pre-made manufactured guac is that its gross as hell.

I'm going to have to try the Costco guac, but I strongly suspect your opinion is the correct one.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mormon Nailer posted:

Just FYI there's very little in the way of any liquid soaps or household cleaners per P&G distribution, mostly because of a lack of appropriate plastics, so. I'm sorry I'm advance. Everyone is going to be a dick on both the retail and the commercial side of things for a while.

Don't worry I work in the bakery so I don't have to deal with that poo poo at all. Instead I get to get bent over the barrel by all these peeps who can't make their own goddamn pies

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Joburg posted:

Just visited the brand new Pooler Costco! There was :siren: NO LINE :siren: at the gas pumps because the price sign isn’t up yet, my lucky day!

lol they built one in Pooler? I haven’t been through there in about four years but with all the construction that was going on even then I’m surprised it took that long. Where was the next closet one, Charleston?

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

david_a posted:

How long do those guacamole packs last?

They're vacuum sealed, so surprisingly long, like 2-3 weeks. I tend to freeze the whole package and pull out one to keep in the fridge for ready use. It's super convenient!

It's decent quality, too. Not as good as home made, but definitely better than bottom-tier neon guac from a taco shop. If it's not rebranded Wholly Guacamole, it's darned close.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

StormDrain posted:

I had to park in the south forty today but inside it was fine? Lines were short and I didn't feel crowded. I must have just missed a rush.

Also there are a lot of puzzles still if anyone wants one. PM me.

Got myself a leg of lamb for Thanksgiving. And some fancy cheese for an app.

I don’t have pm’s, but I’m username at gmail if you wanna hit me up about the puzzles! I will reward you handsomely if you can get one to me

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Gaius Marius posted:

Don't worry I work in the bakery so I don't have to deal with that poo poo at all. Instead I get to get bent over the barrel by all these peeps who can't make their own goddamn pies

Oh gently caress rip. Pie season is harrowing.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Crunchy Black posted:

lol they built one in Pooler? I haven’t been through there in about four years but with all the construction that was going on even then I’m surprised it took that long. Where was the next closet one, Charleston?

Yeah, Charleston is the closest. There were a lot of people saying that they had never been to a Costco before so I’m sure that’s why no one knew Costco gas is a pro buy.

robotheist
Dec 31, 2007
If any of you are the person who was in front of me at check-out with the purple hair, purple coat, AT-AT purse, and gave the cashier some homemade beef jerky - you are cool and I want to be friends

(I was the lady wearing a 32 Degrees jacket and buying another, different 32 Degrees jacket)

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Chinatown posted:

My opinion on pre-made manufactured guac is that its gross as hell.

Normally I would 100% agree but I pointed these out because they are the exception to the rule.

Another question was how long they last, dunno, at least a month or two, the pack I bought like two weeks ago says use by Dec 26.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Time to re-adapt to powdered detergent in cardboard boxes hell yeah

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

I mean the trend is headed back that way anyway because plastic gallons are wasteful and liquids are only able to be concentrated so far before all the water evaporates. I have a lifetime supply of those laundry jerky sheet things we got as samples, though, and my boss arbitrarily decided we were not going to carry them, so he threw them out.

If you see the laundry jerky at church just buy it without question. They're like...thick dryer sheets, but detergent and they dissolve entirely.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

KakerMix posted:

but how will the kids get tik tok clout from eating it then?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

KakerMix posted:

Hell I don’t even know if my stupid new machine would even take the powdered stuff.

I miss my top loader. Those things were / are tanks.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Most front loaders have an insert in the detergent drawer that allows the liquid to be added at the right time - you pull it out to be able to use powder.

Powder it way better anyway, it's cheaper, makes less mess and takes up way less space.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I was dumping my powdered detergent into the front loader before realizing I could use the drawer. That was months and everything went ok.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

had a delicious hot dog after my co run today and then some not so delicious hot dog burps for about eight hours. the peppermint bark is really good. they had dried garlic in like a potato chip style snack bag that I bought. im a big time garlic fan, grew several lbs of garlic this fall, and one piece was way too garlicky. does anyone like this?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

...they had dried garlic ... im a big time garlic fan ... one piece was way too garlicky ... does anyone like this?

idgi

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

KakerMix posted:

I did this about 2 years ago. Biokleen is great

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

had a delicious hot dog after my co run today and then some not so delicious hot dog burps for about eight hours. the peppermint bark is really good. they had dried garlic in like a potato chip style snack bag that I bought. im a big time garlic fan, grew several lbs of garlic this fall, and one piece was way too garlicky. does anyone like this?

Use the garlic and peppermint to mask the dogburps.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

NewFatMike posted:

I was dumping my powdered detergent into the front loader before realizing I could use the drawer. That was months and everything went ok.

Pretty sure it only matters if you run a cycle with prewash or prerinse.
Ours has a second soap spot for prewash and it doesn't have the siphon insert for liquid soap on that one.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm up early for the first in a long time and didn't think about when Costco opened. So now I'm in the parking lot with the olds. Just waiting.

*old person voice* God drat McDonald's won't refill my small black coffee any more and I've been up for seven hours and I can't read the crossword because the sun won't get high enough in the winter so I might as well go listen to conservative talk radio in the Costco parking lot for an hour before I spend two more bothering the greeters by talking about the weather

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've never seen this many random shortages before.

It always seems to be related to packaging or somewhere further up the supply chain that you don't think about.

Cat food was completely out for a few weeks earlier this year because they couldn't get the the lids to the cat food cans. Plenty of food available, just not enough pull tabs. Weird poo poo like that.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yeah right now we're dealing with a toilet paper tube shortage because there's not enough recycled cardboard.

My answer: "just convert it to tubeless rolls"

Them: "we can't do that, nobody will buy it!"

Buddy people gotta wipe at hotels and you really don't want them wiping on the only loving towels in existence because there's a massive linen shortage too.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Bibliotechno Music posted:

I don’t have pm’s, but I’m username at gmail if you wanna hit me up about the puzzles! I will reward you handsomely if you can get one to me

You've got mail probably.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Mormon Nailer posted:

Yeah right now we're dealing with a toilet paper tube shortage because there's not enough recycled cardboard.

My answer: "just convert it to tubeless rolls"

Them: "we can't do that, nobody will buy it!"

Buddy people gotta wipe at hotels and you really don't want them wiping on the only loving towels in existence because there's a massive linen shortage too.

All this tells me is Costco should sell Kirkland brand bidets.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

silicone thrills posted:

Probably but I don't work at Costco, so that's up to them.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

silicone thrills posted:

I did see Toto washlets there on Friday

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Went to spend my reward money.

Forgot to use it at checkout.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I usually get mine in February.

FCKGW posted:

It always seems to be related to packaging or somewhere further up the supply chain that you don't think about.

Cat food was completely out for a few weeks earlier this year because they couldn't get the the lids to the cat food cans. Plenty of food available, just not enough pull tabs. Weird poo poo like that.

Yeah I guess that's the weird thing. The packaging could be for anything. Like I get the TP thing because people are stupid and went and panic bought. But now laundry detergent? I heard about the microchips and therefor cars (didn't expect that one but proves the "further down the chain thing), and GPUs and other stuff.

It's just so random to me.