Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
socks: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/124514

e: they also have the same socks in different cuts and weights if u want something heavier or calf length

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

KidDynamite posted:

yeah that helps me out. thanks qirex. gonna try out wigwam since they're union.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

get some grandpa slippers

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

axolotl farmer posted:

the california equivalent of these is all black vans slip-ons

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

qirex posted:

the california equivalent of these is all black vans slip-ons

i got my first pair of slip on shoes since age ~2 last year. they're black vans with a pink or purple or blue or something stripe and they own.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

axolotl farmer posted:

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65637?page=mens-wicked-good-moccasins&bc=474-629-503380&feat=503380-GN3&csp=a&pos=2

only slippers you will ever need

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

does smartwool still work if the wifi goes down?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

nah. for that you need woolte

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

does smartwool still work if the wifi goes down?

charles boyce alt spotted!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Sweevo posted:

I will set you on fire

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
fine, charles girlce!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I object to my deranged nonsense being compared to his deranged nonsense

Mine is crafted with skill and artistry without the aid of performance-enhancing dementia

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a fair take, a fair take. Let the record show

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sweevo posted:

lol

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

performance-enhancing dementia

lollll

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

it's only performance enhancing in the context of making his cartoons wacky-er

in reality it just makes him more doddering the grandpa

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

it's only performance enhancing in the context of making his cartoons wacky-er

in reality it just makes him more doddering the grandpa

that's the point, turns out there's nothing more powerful in 2021 than doddering grandpas.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

then I oughta be Galactus

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

hello fellow olds, today my entire departmen at work went curling and the to the yearly christmas dinner thing.

I slipped on the ice and fell hard on my back and now I am dead and ghostposting.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rip axlotol friend

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

axolotl farmer posted:

hello fellow olds, today my entire departmen at work went curling and the to the yearly christmas dinner thing.

I slipped on the ice and fell hard on my back and now I am dead and ghostposting.

curling claims another victim. when will the madness end?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
the only thing worst than falling on your back is doing it in the freezing cold. it's somehow just so much worse, too

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

cold and hot things causing pain are worse because cold and hot should be pain relieving friends

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

axolotl farmer posted:

I'm confused because swinging a broom in the direction of the young is supposed to be a thing olds are good at

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

our christmas party is lawn bowls. summer christmas proves it’s supremacy once again

also we did beer brewing as a work thing last week that was cool

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Kenny Logins posted:

the only thing worst than falling on your back is doing it in the freezing cold. it's somehow just so much worse, too

couple years back I was out shooting a gig, had just gone to put my kit in the car trunk and move the car before the car park closed; the street down to the club was pretty steep and it had rained for the first time in ages, and I was wearing leather-soled boots - my feet went straight out from under me like perfect L shape and I landed hard on my rear end. Put a hand down to catch myself and cricked my wrist a bit, but worse than that was the whole-body shock that hit me a few hours later and lasted about a week, just a total lethargy. I can see how actual old folks get hosed up by falls even if they don't break anything.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

I think I have a cracked rib or two. you know what you can do if you have a cracked rib? nothing.

sneezed and it felt like getting stabbed :ese:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

in upsides they do heal pretty quick

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

couple years back I was out shooting a gig, had just gone to put my kit in the car trunk and move the car before the car park closed; the street down to the club was pretty steep and it had rained for the first time in ages, and I was wearing leather-soled boots - my feet went straight out from under me like perfect L shape and I landed hard on my rear end. Put a hand down to catch myself and cricked my wrist a bit, but worse than that was the whole-body shock that hit me a few hours later and lasted about a week, just a total lethargy. I can see how actual old folks get hosed up by falls even if they don't break anything.

I have done this exact sequence. I was still in college and my girlfriend and I were driving back from her parent's when a freak ice storm hit the highway. It was standstill traffic for hours so we decided to switch seats at a point, and I just absolutely ate it on the ice. Luckily I was 19 so I bounced back quick.

Falling on ice loving hurts!!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i fell on the ice in 3rd grade and broke 6 teeth and had to have the broken shards all pulled out

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
i know that this might be the geriatrics thread, but most yosposters aren't at this phase of your life but...

...please have a discussion with your loved ones about your goals of care and expected outcomes.

you do not want to be riddled with cancer and 78 and somehow still a full code because your kids think 'pep pep is a fighter'

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
you should definitely get your wills sorted when you get married, buy a house, have children, or hit 40, whatever happens first

(i'm a hypocrite here and keep putting it off but it's top of my 2022 todo list)

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
We just started getting a will put together last week. Just five minutes ago I was e-mailing the lawyer back, actually.

I mean it's pretty simple but also there's some interesting conversations to have. If you're incapacitated, who do you trust to write checks on your behalf? Make your health care decisions? Turns out it wasn't anyone in my immediate family!

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
yeah we already figured out some of that, like who our executor would be and iirc she agreed to it already we just need to... call a lawyer lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Cold on a Cob posted:

you should definitely get your wills sorted when you get married, buy a house, have children, or hit 40, whatever happens first

(i'm a hypocrite here and keep putting it off but it's top of my 2022 todo list)

my folks started doing that when i was in grade school and now inform my siblings and i where to find paperwork should something happen to both of them on a trip or whatever. it makes sense and i'm glad they maintain it, it's a good reminder to do the same or at least set beneficiaries and review assignments regularly for financials

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

If I drop dead everything will go to Mrs Farmer. I think she knows me enough that I don’t need a living will for thing like ’Don’t let them revive me if I will be a vegetable’.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

axolotl farmer posted:

I think she knows me enough that I don’t need a living will

the state doesnt care lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
also as someone who lives alone and walks a lot ice is absolutely the scariest thing at this point in my life and probably will be moving forward

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

graph posted:

the state doesnt care lol

exactly

i've already got my affairs in order to the point where my partner is the beneficiary of all my accounts but what happens if we're both dead? i'd rather have some say in where my savings go and what happens to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

also as someone who lives alone and walks a lot ice is absolutely the scariest thing at this point in my life and probably will be moving forward

do you have micro spikes for your boots