Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hands up who would 100% vote me today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

that's a serious question.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hambeet posted:

hands up who would 100% vote me today?

I would only 50% vote you

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh look that doesn't matter.

no i still haven't caught up on night action mafia, but this is where my montage led me.

i feel i've been kept around to be the easy vote tomorrow. out of bif, yami and deadbeat, there's no way any of those three would side with me against the other remaining one. well deadmeat is a bit more of an unknown, but yami and bif seem almost lock step. which makes sense if one of them is the scum / sk as there seems to be some overt buddy up in thread this game.

so what i can see, then, is that it's either bif or yami as the scum / sk.

i feel it's yami.

yami has being doing a really great job of clearing bif's night actions to demonstrate how in the clear bif is. this defending / playing for bif is buddying up 101. they've also tried clearing deadmeat away too, today, but i don't think that's really so much as buddying up as it is just clearing people to help their case on voodoo. that said, their points about bif and deadmeat are decent enough that i actually kind of agree with them. so i feel i can reasonably take them out of the equation, leaving voodoo and yami.

other points in favour:

- insistent it has to be voodoo today above all others. bif is keen on voodoo but seems more open to considering other options. yami is solidly 100% it has to be voodoo today. deadmeat seems pretty chill.

- toal highlighted yami's slip about circs killers being scum.

- yami seemed to defend bif from the get go when i went in on her, and seemed to be totally sure of her alignment. i called out this type of play, and toal said something similar later on. if sk, clearing town or scum is a net positive. if they're scum they would likelyt keep you around longer, if town, well that's likely based on the odds.

some other cool thoughts i had:

- dr jekyll and mr hyde flavour town: the strange case of dr jekyll and mr hyde is about the duality and unpredictability of a seemingly good person, that is also capable of shocking evil. i think the idea of a protective doctor role that must kill on alternating nights really fun.

- alternating role, alternating night kills.

- yes they claimed to have doctored maer. they could have just as easily killed them. depends on their role and the alternating nature of it.

anyway that's a lot of thoughts about yami.

what it says to me is that voodoo has to be scum. if they flip sk well, poo poo. but if they flip scum it's 100% yami.

there's only one way to find out!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok let's get this show on the road

##vote Voodoo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'll pretty much vote voodoo today, but could also vote yami.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Look on the bright side, Voodoofly: you can't be accused of lurking anymore!

Votecount for Day 5

Voodoofly (3): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Yami Fenrir, Deadmeat5150, Bifauxnen
Yami Fenrir (1): Deadmeat5150, Deadmeat5150, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Voodoofly

Not Voting (1): hambeet

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 22nd, 2021 at 11:53 a.m. EST -- that's in about 18 hours, 8 minutes.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The fighting in the convention hall that day was long and fierce, but eventually, the remaining monsters realized that there was something wrong with Pinhead. Blows ensued, before the box was knocked out of his hands. But instead of vanishing away, a glamour was broken.. and what was standing there was a large... red... demon.

"OH HO HO! You have all been so, so naughty, daring to hold your convention in MY season. But I think the carnage has taught you all a very valuable lesson about which of us has the real power around here. Though I doubt any of you can end up on the nice list."

Before Santa could finish his threats, an alarm bell rang out... an emergency runic circle being activated below his feet, the remaining monsters surrounding the Lord of Christmas.

"Well it appears our fun will have to end for now. I do hope all of you have a very good niiiiiight!"

And in a flash of light, it was over.. the self proclaimed saint sent packing, hopefully back to the north pole. Drained after that confrontation, everyone headed back to their room, hoping that would be the end of it...

Voodoofly (Santa Claus), Self-Aligned Serial Killer has been banished from the hotel!

Each night, you may choose one target and attempt to kill them. If you are successful, you will gain a one shot copy of that target's ability (if they had one.) Each night you may use any number of your stolen abilities IN ADDITION to the night kill.

You also have a single charge of Bulletproof that will protect you from most kill attempts.

You win when you are the last man standing.

You all know the drill. 24 hours for night actions. See you tomorrow!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

The night is quiet for once, and the remaining guests breathe a sigh of relief as they all show up for the morning check-in. Perhaps this is finally over? Or is it the calm before the storm?

No one has died.

You have 48 hours. Good luck!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (4): Bifauxnen, Deadmeat5150, hambeet, Yami Fenrir

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 24th, 2021 at 2:41 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
You're welcome, Bif.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

So beet, wanna... talk about it?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Fun, classic MYLO.

I'm just gonna let y'all say your piece first, but I don't want to no-lunch today cause that won't actually help.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Morning!

Eh maybe I was wrong in some of my thinking yesterday. Maybe I wasn’t? Really not sure what else to say / do here?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’d point out that game theory wise pretending Bif was the target, or even legitimately targeting Bif, is 100% meant to frame me.

However you’ll probably point out that maybe I withheld a kill to play this exact line. Wifom and all.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Well I know it's beet and I can prove it mathematically.

Not actually mathematically.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Fun, classic MYLO.

I'm just gonna let y'all say your piece first, but I don't want to no-lunch today cause that won't actually help.

Oh no, of course. We have to vote today.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Exhibit A:

merk posted:

Aight. I am claiming. I will say at the outset that I do not know what happened last night, but I expect it was a Busdriver.

For I am Bobby Pickett, Self-aligned Comedian, and the guy who sang the Monster Mash. I win the game when I impersonate (take control of) Wolfman and Dracula. I can either do this by targeting them at night or targeting their corpse. If I target one of them alive, they will die (unblockable). Once I achieve a piece of my win condition, a portion of the Monster Mash will play in the thread at the start of the day. The full song will be played when I win and leave the game.

I wanted Toal to target me because I learn the flavor of someone who targets me. I do not get their name, but I do learn their flavor. Last night, "The Janitor" targeted me.

hambeet posted:

Oh we are claiming? K. I’m Dracula which was lol seeing merks claim to that I wasn’t. I’m V to the Tizzo

Did not call out merk's fake claim about beet's flavor as a lie.

Exhibit B:

b-minus1 posted:

Well tbh I kinda want to start with you for that scummy hammer vote

hambeet posted:

okay, and now that you've demonstrated to the class bad casing, who are you really thinking of going for?

This is immediately dropped, which I feel like is unlike b-.

b-minus1 posted:

I like meen deadmeat and beet for scum

b- constantly lightly busses beet but never actually acted upon it. This is in stark contrast to how much attention they were trying to draw to deadmeat:

te="b-minus1" post="519225299"]
I’d vote deadmeat he seems hyper fixated on me and made some sassy posts
[/quote]

b-minus1 posted:

This is probably the worst vote in this game so far

b-minus1 posted:

I like meen deadmeat and beet for scum

I believe b- to be bussing beet.

Exhibit C:

Beet during day 2 basically does not engage with the merk case at all until they vote them. And even then they're throwing shade bif and my way. Their defense was also hyper-aggressive and picking the target apart for weaknesses rather than analyzing scumminess.

Meanwhile, merk spends a lot of this day defending beet by questioning bif's vote. Mutually defense by scumbros.

Exhibit D:

hambeet posted:

okay i'm pretty much caught up.

bold claim by hum as scum (if) to come out as tracker after losing merk, but we have a not so mysterious counter claim in play now and i can believe that person would have tracked bif, just as much as i believe humalong would have tracked them. both sets of data can't be true. the counter claim has no value of it's a scum counter, ergo, i think humalong is lying.

i see your theory bif around jason / sonia kruger. i smiled.

i see voodoo's thought process about the executioner at lylo, however i'm not sure that's enough to swing through back onto bif as a 'just in case'. i don't think that's warranted? with a counter claim in place, flipping humalong removes that risk anyway, does it not? unless i'm missing something.

Hinted who the tracker was. Considering nobody else seemed to have commented on this (hell, even I only realized because of this post), this post seems to come from a perspective of someone having info they're not supposed to have.

Exhibit E:

hambeet posted:

yes, i agree, however it's also not a normal doctor claim. i'm amused by the doctor / SK alternating role idea here to be honest. though by entertaining it does not necessarily mean i believe in it. i want to do a recap of the night actions.

one thing i know for certain is people are becoming very unchill and i think everyone should chill.

hambeet posted:

oh look that doesn't matter.

no i still haven't caught up on night action mafia, but this is where my montage led me.

i feel i've been kept around to be the easy vote tomorrow. out of bif, yami and deadbeat, there's no way any of those three would side with me against the other remaining one. well deadmeat is a bit more of an unknown, but yami and bif seem almost lock step. which makes sense if one of them is the scum / sk as there seems to be some overt buddy up in thread this game.

so what i can see, then, is that it's either bif or yami as the scum / sk.

i feel it's yami.

yami has being doing a really great job of clearing bif's night actions to demonstrate how in the clear bif is. this defending / playing for bif is buddying up 101. they've also tried clearing deadmeat away too, today, but i don't think that's really so much as buddying up as it is just clearing people to help their case on voodoo. that said, their points about bif and deadmeat are decent enough that i actually kind of agree with them. so i feel i can reasonably take them out of the equation, leaving voodoo and yami.

other points in favour:

- insistent it has to be voodoo today above all others. bif is keen on voodoo but seems more open to considering other options. yami is solidly 100% it has to be voodoo today. deadmeat seems pretty chill.

- toal highlighted yami's slip about circs killers being scum.

- yami seemed to defend bif from the get go when i went in on her, and seemed to be totally sure of her alignment. i called out this type of play, and toal said something similar later on. if sk, clearing town or scum is a net positive. if they're scum they would likelyt keep you around longer, if town, well that's likely based on the odds.

some other cool thoughts i had:

- dr jekyll and mr hyde flavour town: the strange case of dr jekyll and mr hyde is about the duality and unpredictability of a seemingly good person, that is also capable of shocking evil. i think the idea of a protective doctor role that must kill on alternating nights really fun.

- alternating role, alternating night kills.

- yes they claimed to have doctored maer. they could have just as easily killed them. depends on their role and the alternating nature of it.

anyway that's a lot of thoughts about yami.

what it says to me is that voodoo has to be scum. if they flip sk well, poo poo. but if they flip scum it's 100% yami.

there's only one way to find out!

Instantly switches their stance of "I don't believe in a doc/sk dual role" to "oh yes, totally SK" stance. Note this post just now:

hambeet posted:

I’d point out that game theory wise pretending Bif was the target, or even legitimately targeting Bif, is 100% meant to frame me.

However you’ll probably point out that maybe I withheld a kill to play this exact line. Wifom and all.

"If Voodoo is scum, Yami is SK". Except Voodoo flipped SK and... now I'm scum anyway...?"

This read does not make sense. My on suspicion is that Hambeet, by making Deadmeat look like the towniest of a bad lot, was trying to pocket deadmeat to get them to vote me.

This is exactly why I docced Bif last night -- because I revisited all of the content and realized exactly what hambeet was doing there - they were trying to butter up deadmeat to get them to vote me (someone they were suspicious of) so bif would 100% be the target. And guess what? I was right.

yes, docced. I was lying about being stuck in BG and Beet ran straight into my double-layered trap.

I believe deadmeat, a relative newbie, would have targeted me instead tbh.

hambeet posted:

Oh, and they don't seem surprised at all that I was lying about being a BG and instead was still a doc. Presumably because I blocked their kill.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well:

It’s Bif and her case on me from the get go was bad and yami protecting her is just some meta friendship that’ll tank the game for town.

It’s yami and they’ve spent a lot of time nit picking me to reaffirm their case and Bif is blind to that fact from meta with me and yami as per above.

It’s deadmeat and well, we’ve let it all cruise and massive congrats to them if so.

:shrug:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’m sorry if it’s not you yami because you have put in a hell of a lot of effort to be wrong.

If you’re scum you’ve played a pretty drat good game. A++ effort all round.

Can I propose we not draw this out by playing our greatest hits? I’m sure we all know who we want to vote.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

hambeet posted:

I’m sorry if it’s not you yami because you have put in a hell of a lot of effort to be wrong.

If you’re scum you’ve played a pretty drat good game. A++ effort all round.

Can I propose we not draw this out by playing our greatest hits? I’m sure we all know who we want to vote.

So you're not going to refute any of these?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

With Santa's flip we know that "Deadmeat was RBed N1" had to be bullshit, so Deadmeat doing the kill is technically possible again, but I'm mostly ruling Deadmeat out entirely cause of the "Roar roar roar" act.

Spending most of the start of D1 actually devoted to that is just too cute for me to think it is a fakeclaim.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

With Santa's flip we know that "Deadmeat was RBed N1" had to be bullshit, so Deadmeat doing the kill is technically possible again, but I'm mostly ruling Deadmeat out entirely cause of the "Roar roar roar" act.

Spending most of the start of D1 actually devoted to that is just too cute for me to think it is a fakeclaim.

Also going back to Arknights you can see just how much Deadmeat leans into interactions with his scumbros there, whereas here he's... actually been on both b- and merk instantly.

I'm like 90% sure it's beet tbh.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Anyway, I think beet just gave up at this point.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ok well if Voodoo had flipped scum, I would be much more willing to see Yami as the SK but I have a really hard time buying Yami as scum vs Beet after all of D2. Yeah pocketing is always a risk, but he had a chance there to actually get me out if he had just not railed against the votes piling up on me. Ok maybe he wanted to keep me around to have a buddy, but he'd know from Bezzlebees just a bit ago that I got no problems at all turning on him the minute he does something sus.

I'm gonna wait for Deadmeat to show up though to actually cast his vote, if he disagrees and thinks it's Yami I'll at least talk it through first

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

No I’m just getting kids ready for school and me ready for work.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yami Fenrir posted:

Exhibit A:

Did not call out merk's fake claim about beet's flavor as a lie.

Lol I was in a meeting at that time as it was the middle of the work day and was completely absent for hammer, 12 hours before end of day.

Hypothetical, why would I use the flavour in my claim that Merk threw out? There’s a billion monsters I could have made claims to be.

Merk knew there was a Wolfman and Dracula which makes me think it was one of scum who accidentally saw the channel names.

quote:

Exhibit B:

This is immediately dropped, which I feel like is unlike b-.

b- constantly lightly busses beet but never actually acted upon it. This is in stark contrast to how much attention they were trying to draw to deadmeat:

Idk how I’m expected to answer for binus’s play?

quote:

Exhibit C:

Beet during day 2 basically does not engage with the merk case at all until they vote them. And even then they're throwing shade bif and my way. Their defense was also hyper-aggressive and picking the target apart for weaknesses rather than analyzing scumminess.

Meanwhile, merk spends a lot of this day defending beet by questioning bif's vote. Mutually defense by scumbro.

I was kind of at capacity dealing with you and Bif all day 2.

Like, you seem to posit that I wouldn’t interact with my scum team in thread. Bif would know that I am quite capable of bussing my scum mates hard. Bif does it too. We’ve done it together to a great success in the past. I’m sure I’ve done it in games you’ve hosted yami.

I could take offence that you’d think I’d make such a basic error as ‘not engage with scum bros’. (I won’t because it’s just a game)

quote:

Exhibit D:

Hinted who the tracker was. Considering nobody else seemed to have commented on this (hell, even I only realized because of this post), this post seems to come from a perspective of someone having info they're not supposed to have.

Why would I telegraph that to thread if I was scum? In what way would that benefit me or my team as scum?

It was super obvious the way maer voted them after what toal said, that it was maer.

quote:

Exhibit E:

Instantly switches their stance of "I don't believe in a doc/sk dual role" to "oh yes, totally SK" stance. Note this post just now:

"If Voodoo is scum, Yami is SK". Except Voodoo flipped SK and... now I'm scum anyway...?"

This read does not make sense. My on suspicion is that Hambeet, by making Deadmeat look like the towniest of a bad lot, was trying to pocket deadmeat to get them to vote me.

This is exactly why I docced Bif last night -- because I revisited all of the content and realized exactly what hambeet was doing there - they were trying to butter up deadmeat to get them to vote me (someone they were suspicious of) so bif would 100% be the target. And guess what? I was right.

yes, docced. I was lying about being stuck in BG and Beet ran straight into my double-layered trap.

I believe deadmeat, a relative newbie, would have targeted me instead tbh.

Oh, and they don't seem surprised at all that I was lying about being a BG and instead was still a doc. Presumably because I blocked their kill.

I might not also have known about the BG being a
lie because I’m not a killing role. But you’re trying to pin that on me when neither Bif not dead meat have commented on it either?

Yami Fenrir posted:

No I wanted to respond because I believe town should never give up, but am also 97% confident that you and Bif aren’t actually going to be swayed by anything I have to say. You especially, considering you decided Bif was town on day 2 and subsequently decided I was scum.

Like from my point one of you has pulled the wool over the other’s eyes and I’m on the outer due to meta, or it’s deadmeat and the some of the loudest players have all steered themselves off a cliff.

I’d lean on you still yami over Bif at this point purely because you’ve missed the root cause of you cases flaw in assuming Bif was town and I was scummy for omgusing her. No matter how you try paint it that’s where you started on me this game.

Then possibly deadmeat. Night actions seem to clear Bif.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

On reflection I’d actually be down for doing this all day, but only if Bif and deadmeat think it’s still anyone’s game. We know where yami is voting.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm mostly decided to vote Beet but I'm gonna sit here feeling paranoid about it till lunch break and then hopefully Deadmeat will have posted by then so I don't feel like it's entirely my responsibility here

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh I had a thought I neglected to raise yesterday and it’s along the line of yami forcing a case on me.

Yami Fenrir posted:

Also lol I'm fairly sure that beet is the SK now. Look how gung-ho about voting Meen based on the b- kill.

I believe that b- was killed specifically to frame Meen:

Beet also came up with a bunch of reasons why it hum couldn't have absorbed the shot:

This looked fine back in the day but given that B- was killed by an SK and then hambeet immediately pounced on this with their first big post in the day and hammered, it does kind of look like beet may have set up meen specifically as a scapegoat to get another double kill night and get us into LYLO.

Yami tries to apply a gung-ho ness to my voting that isn’t there with meen, considering they were first out the gate voting them.

Also they were sure I’m sk at that juncture, then made reasoning for why I would be either later, and now I’m scum. But I am criticised for changing my opinions?

Like I could probably wax lyrical about how they’re forcing things to fit their feelings on me, well actually I think I banged on about that clearly on day 2, as well as yesterday and now today. I think I’m a bit flat because I only saw this coming yesterday and didn’t do enough early game to hold it off.

I have another full day of meetings. Happy to try come around and address things later if I think they add value, but I’ll be super duper honest yami, I’m not that keen to reply to more long posts point by point, because it’s fairly obvious you don’t want a response from me as you’ve made up your mind. You just want a rubber stamp from the others.

I’d accuse you of being gloating scum but I genuinely don’t believe you would do that.

Bif on the other hand… :v:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I double checked and the merk flavor thing was actually correct. I didn't double check that part, sorry. It doesn't excuse the other stuff though.

Anyway, I'm pretty much decided on voting beet. There are far too many "unfortunate circumstances" surrounding beet and beet is FAR too focused on their own survival for a VT anyway.

Good night y'all.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’m far to focused on my survival when I started by saying let’s not draw this out, and then respond after you poked me about not wanting to refute your points? I feel you’re being unreasonable here.

Yeah I bit back at Bif on day 2, but that’s because it was a bad case. As was yours. I had other town players agree with me on both points at different times! I’m allowed to call out bad cases and logic, just because they’re on me doesn’t mean they should be ignored or hand waved away as an omgus.

Anyway sweet dreams sweet yami.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok well if Voodoo had flipped scum, I would be much more willing to see Yami as the SK but I have a really hard time buying Yami as scum vs Beet after all of D2. Yeah pocketing is always a risk, but he had a chance there to actually get me out if he had just not railed against the votes piling up on me. Ok maybe he wanted to keep me around to have a buddy, but he'd know from Bezzlebees just a bit ago that I got no problems at all turning on him the minute he does something sus.

I'm gonna wait for Deadmeat to show up though to actually cast his vote, if he disagrees and thinks it's Yami I'll at least talk it through first

Hi Bif I don’t get what you mean here about railing against the votes on day 2? Are you suggesting I should have defended you as the votes piled up? I thought you were scummy and my opinion didn’t undergo review until after Merk flipped as that gave me more info?

Like even then I wondered if we had two scum up for lunch and you were just bussing each other (which I know you can do quite comfortably) however I thought maybe I’m over ‘meta-ing’(TM) it and came out to say I was wrong about you on day 3.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Not yet off work. Gonna shower then go through stuff again

Roar.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Bifauxnen posted:

As a cute Lil demogorgan I have no powers other than voting. So even if I was RBd, nothing would happen.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Beet and Yami feel scummy to me. Even after the doctor claim.

Bif what are you again?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Bif what are you again?

I am Freddy Krueger, Vanilla Town.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ok then I'm pretty sure it's Beet

##vote beet

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah same

Freakin Yami, next time leave your vote before you go to sleep so we're not all left in suspense here

##vote Beet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Bif what are you again?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ok then I'm pretty sure it's Beet

##vote beet

Lmao