Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Chinatown posted:

Went to spend my reward money.

Forgot to use it at checkout.

:negative:

I do the same thing every year :(

E: Nice snype, doofus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Went to spend my reward money.

Forgot to use it at checkout.

:negative:

Oh Bro no. I feel this deep in my soul.
Condolences.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I usually get mine in February.

Yeah I guess that's the weird thing. The packaging could be for anything. Like I get the TP thing because people are stupid and went and panic bought. But now laundry detergent? I heard about the microchips and therefor cars (didn't expect that one but proves the "further down the chain thing), and GPUs and other stuff.

It's just so random to me.

It's a failure with how our economy has optimized down so hard to extract as much profit as possible and a single event can throw the whole thing in a tailspin. It was great until it didn't work.

Don't have chips because decades ago companies decided it was better to send manufacturing overseas for profit then whoops everyone is home now and there isn't enough fabs to make the chips that are in literally everything right now whoops can't make or maintain the transport systems that also require chips because demand can't be met whoops now people have found out their jobs were bullshit and refuse to work for little money while being treated like garbage whoops now there isn't enough space at port because so much poo poo is on ships just waiting to get unloaded whoops we don't send containers back so now there is a shortage in Asia where all our poo poo is made whoops now you can't get plastic bottles for laundry detergent because in the 80s some executive decided making things here was too expensive.

This was always going to happen.

EDIT

This is a neat video kinda explaining it way better than I ever could:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d5d_HXGeMA

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I told my mother there was going to be a pie shortage and she said they had huge amounts of them stacked up against the wall where the milk usually is

I also told her to buy laundry detergent because we're going to have a container shortage I assume this thread is gospel

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Spinz posted:

a pie shortage

I rushed to Costco because I too take this thread as gospel however:

I am now a Radical Reformist Costcotarian

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Soul Dentist posted:

They only have that many because you haven't loaded up your cart with dozens of panic pies. Do your part and buy the pies!

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol that was post-me buying twice as many as I had planned to as well

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Soul Dentist posted:

Just drive the forklift pallets straight into my mouth

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
I will make that pallet fit in my palate.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
My palate would enjoy that pallet.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
load a pallet of costco pate straight into my palate

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Cormack posted:

Costco: I will make that pallet fit in my palate.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Just got back from a quick trip fron ye olde Costco! First of all, getting gas sucks and i see no reason why someone would wait in that god drat line. Jesus.

But the real winner was that our outdoor food court now has self serve kiosk! Order then pick up at the counter. Pretty cool!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Soul Dentist posted:

:same: lol

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

I was kinda disappointed in the costco chicken pot pie. Too salty, and the filling gunk was kind of bland except for salt. The pro is that it’s hubcap sized so I don’t need to cook tonight.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

i had a few more and now I like them. gently caress.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

i had a few more and now I like them. gently caress.

You just had to get your mouth hole ready for the Xtreme garlic flavor. I'll add it to the list I'm gonna nail to the church door as soon as Costco sells nails

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
I stopped at church to get gas today, the lot was drat full. I guess everyone is stocking up for thanksgiving and also possibly panic buying dish detergent?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

:hmmyes:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Really liking the sweet potato crackers they started carrying a few months ago. They're awesome with hummus, bean soup, sardines, mini ham sandwiches, anything. Sometimes when I'm really high I just dip them in mayo.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:getin:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

I too am deeply offended by an abundance of pies when I was expecting a shortage. I am furious about the excess of pies.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That's only like 900 pies. To put it in perspective our projection for pie sales was 27,000 pumpkin, we've already blown past that.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Picked up 100lbs of flour and a tub of lard tonight because it's Indian taco season and I have a lot of cousins to feed coming up

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Mormon Nailer posted:

Indian taco season

I would like to know more

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The Costco pecan pie rocks, I want one but I know i'll eat it all within 4 days probably.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Renegret posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frybread

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006

Food saver is a great investment. Allows for buying in bulk & using it when ya need. Pairs well with sous vide too if that's your kinda thing.

I decided to bite on the Roomba i8+ currently -$120 off because I can't be bothered to sweep. My cats are going to love it.

Best latest buy was the fleece lined mens pants. nice and warm. soft.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

I would like to eat more

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Soul Dentist posted:

lol the guy on the right. gotta make sure you get the best one!

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Renegret posted:

-it's cold as gently caress
-none of your cousins have jobs
-oh hey it's Thanksgiving/Christmas/some auntie's 80th+ birthday
-everyone's broke
-Indian tacos season

Also literally any tribal meeting, powwow, gathering of nations, Indian art market, etc. qualifies, especially if you have 50+ relatives that are liable to show up hungry.

ETA: mine have either meat or beans or both (your choice) and my frybread has milk in it, but ymmv

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

pseudanonymous posted:

I stopped at church to get gas today, the lot was drat full. I guess everyone is stocking up for thanksgiving and also possibly panic buying dish detergent?

Yeah I got a booster shot with my wife today at Costco and it was busier than I expected. Not totally full lot but probably twice as busy as normal, I usually go 1.5 to 1 hour before closing on weekdays.

Didn’t realize they do samples on Monday, I might have reformulated my plan if I had known that.

It took forever to get the shot though. Made an appointment and sat around for like 10 minutes after my wife got hers until I was called in. There were like 4 or 5 people also waiting for shots so RIP them.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Soul Dentist posted:

We pulled into Costco an hour before closing on Sunday and we're greeted by a similar sight. Even the walk-in fridge area had two full pallets of pumpkin pies

The paucity of pied pumpkin was greatly overstated

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BadSamaritan posted:

I was kinda disappointed in the costco chicken pot pie. Too salty, and the filling gunk was kind of bland except for salt. The pro is that it’s hubcap sized so I don’t need to cook tonight.

They changed something recently (two years ago maybe?), and most of them have too much salt. Every now and then you get one that isn't super salty, and they are much better. Adding some regular black pepper helps too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

That's only like 900 pies. To put it in perspective our projection for pie sales was 27,000 pumpkin, we've already blown past that.

Dats a lot of drat pie.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
Maybe everyone came to their senses this year and realized that pumpkin pie loving sucks.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Propaganda Hour posted:

We pulled into Costco an hour before closing on Sunday and we're greeted by a similar sight. Even the walk-in fridge area had two full pallets of pumpkin pies

The paucity of pied pumpkin was greatly overstated
i just went tonight also an hour before closing and same. ton of pallets of em.

Woodsy Owl posted:

Maybe everyone came to their senses this year and realized that pumpkin pie loving sucks.
also this.

i like pumpkin pie well enough but imo the costco pumpkin pie sucks rear end. always just soggy flavorless 'crust' (if you could call it that) and the pumpkin filling is kinda lovely and a bit overly sweet. straight up worse than dumping a can of liddys into a frozen pie crust. normally i don't care for 'ahaha just make it urself!!!' goony smugness when it comes to food, but even i, a loving lazy rear end idiot baker, can make one that tasted way better for about only 15 minutes of effort and even lovely frozen pie crust from a grocery store tastes way better.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
the real prize is loving Friskies cat food, I’ve been looking for 2 weeks now and they’re still out. Apparently they’re expecting more on the 1st but I may have to buy some elsewhere to hold my cats over in the meantime.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The Walrus posted:

lol the guy on the right. gotta make sure you get the best one!

We've all been that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Paul MaudDib posted:

the real prize is loving Friskies cat food, I’ve been looking for 2 weeks now and they’re still out. Apparently they’re expecting more on the 1st but I may have to buy some elsewhere to hold my cats over in the meantime.

They’re going to eat your toes.