Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

it's called Train to Busan, not Train in Busan, jfc
Train Headed in the General Direction of Busan, With Itinerary Subject to Change as Necessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
good ol' network rail

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
train to busan is awesome, the people doing the excellent zombie motions were in fact trained dancers iirc and generally a ton of effort was put into looking scary

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
relatedly i just finished the kiwi historical horror fiction show 'dead lands' about a fuckup that causes the dead of the maori to not pass into the afterlife and turns them into smart, fast 'zombie' things but they're not really zombies

it's a fantastic show and easily one of the best and most interesting zombie-adjacent stories i've seen

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
5:30 local to busan

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

psiox posted:

train to busan is awesome, the people doing the excellent zombie motions were in fact trained dancers iirc and generally a ton of effort was put into looking scary
professional dancers make the best zombies

proof:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

psiox posted:

the people doing the excellent zombie motions were in fact trained dancers iirc and generally a ton of effort was put into looking scary

this is awesome hell yes. they were the stars of the show (besides thicc k-dad, rip you beautiful bastard)

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Chris Knight posted:

good ol' network rail

Train To Busan Replacement Service

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

5:30 local to busan

due to maintenance, will be running on the express track between daejeon and daegu

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

3:10 to busan

imo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tonight's extremely bad opener: Hellkat (2021)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8804830/

its so bad. lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jonny 290 posted:

tonight's extremely bad opener: Hellkat (2021)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8804830/

its so bad. lol

finished this. its terrible. dont watch it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the path between good bad and bad bad movies is narrow and unforgiving

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
washing the taste out of my mouth with Akira. been many years. its good so far (they just got let out of jail)

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Jonny 290 posted:

finished this. its terrible. dont watch it

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Akira was on Youtube a while back titled something like "Slime video 90 minutes"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lament.cfg posted:

ghostbusters afterlife p0wns my ectoplasm/green/slime area

eww and also lol

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Akira was on Youtube a while back titled something like "Slime video 90 minutes"

one of the only blus ray i own and I only just took the shrink wrap off. haven’t watched it yet but maybe soon! excited to see it on my oled

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
watching blade runner on blu-ray for the first time was amazing, you could see the individual pixels in the little screen on the VK device

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
last nights film roundup:

HellKat: absolute stinking garbage. awful costumes on the 'monsters'. the mma was rotten. the only realistic thing was the 'im a former mma fighter and my kid died after eating all my opanas'
akira: very good. the art is so amazing. it's nice that they didnt rip off evangelionCALM DOWN
(rewatch) godzilla vs kong, like the last half that i didnt finish the other night: Man its good. i will never get tired of giant monsters doing wrestling moves

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

im doing a slightly different thing than jony but my partner is a french national who never really liked movies and up until we started dating had pretty much only seen movies with poor quality french dubbing. so we've been barrelling through classic movies and im kind of proud of the list we have going. every time i get reminded by something ive jotted it down. im also looking for suggestions. i've already seen all of these movies but its been anywhere between 3 months and 20 years since i've seen some of this poo poo so its been nice to revisit.

this is not in any particular order im usually drunk when i think of a string of 3-5 movies

quote:

Coffee and cigarettes
Inception
Bronson
Elephant man
Gremlins
De Gaulle
Parasite
Almost Famous
Broad city
On the basis of sex
Executive Decision
Breaking away
The Breakfast Club
Mad Max
Fargo
There Will Be Blood
The Lawnmower Man
Swordfish
SLC punk
The Crow
A Scanner Darkly
Reservoir Dogs
Memento
Trainspotting
Dead Alive
Eyes Wide Shut
Legends of the Fall
Kids
Thirteen
El mariachi
Ghost in the Shell
John Malkovich
Heat
Nikita
Studio ghibli
Scream
Vertigo
Le péril jeune
La Haine
La vérité si je ment
Les visiteurs
Boiler Room
Rubber
Spice world
Crossroads
The Room
Rampage
Chasing Amy
Gattaca
The professional
I Am Legend
Requiem for a Dream
Trainspotting
The connection (Dujardin + Lellouche)
Divines
Les garçons et Guillaume a table
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
Pirate radio
Pain & Gain
Bad Boys II
Bad Boys
Sudden death
the way of the dragon
the driver
le samourai
they live
pedicab driver
the killer
die hard: with a vengeance
being john malkovich
eXiztenZ
three days of the condor

we've already kinda done all the banger movies of the past 30 years so this has been a fun exercise for me. ive also realized that they really dont fuckin make midmarket movies like they did in the 80s and 90s. i don't think the current industry as it works now could support another empire records or almost famous and it irritates the gently caress out of me.

edit: i forget we watched gattaca and bad boys 1 the other day. gattaca does not hold up even a little bit, bad boys 1 however still whips rear end.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
by "mad max" do you mean road warrior or fury road or the original mad max 1 because if you do holy poo poo watch those other two

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I did a quickie household budget the other day to check what I'm spending on monthly/yearly things, and am *this* close to just cancelling Netflix because i honestly can't remember the last thing I watched on it.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

like there was a cool lil valley of films like swingers, rounders, grosse point blank, and election that were all like fuckin great movies. i can't think of a single memorable comedy from the past 10 years. i think bridesmaids is the most recent comedy that even stuck with me a little. i just pulled up a "best comedy films of the 2010s" and its extremely telling that all the top picks are pre 2013. there just hasn't been a superbad, an office space, hell even a movie on the level of the hangover since then and thats sad as gently caress. the apatow behemoth kinda swallowed everybody in the mid 2000s and i feel like we've never recovered.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

haveblue posted:

by "mad max" do you mean road warrior or fury road or the original mad max 1 because if you do holy poo poo watch those other two

im saving the entire mad max series for a snowstorm because yeah its gonna be a journey

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

ive been celebrating verhoevember and watching all of paul verhoevens international movies this month to end with his new movie benedetta

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

haveblue posted:

watching blade runner on blu-ray for the first time was amazing, you could see the individual pixels in the little screen on the VK device

the first time i saw blade runner was on laserdisc :c00lbert:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Casual Encountess posted:

like there was a cool lil valley of films like swingers, rounders, grosse point blank, and election that were all like fuckin great movies. i can't think of a single memorable comedy from the past 10 years. i think bridesmaids is the most recent comedy that even stuck with me a little. i just pulled up a "best comedy films of the 2010s" and its extremely telling that all the top picks are pre 2013. there just hasn't been a superbad, an office space, hell even a movie on the level of the hangover since then and thats sad as gently caress. the apatow behemoth kinda swallowed everybody in the mid 2000s and i feel like we've never recovered.

what we do in shadows (havent seen)

history of future folk

kids movies are generally comedic

american pickle

king of staten island (havent seen)

everything wes anderson does. isle of dogs is great, and from 2018

youre not wrong that there arent huge blockbuster comedies as much, but a more subdued release is to be expected when they cost less to make and dont need to recoup half a billion or whatever

those are all off the top of my head, im sure im missing a lot. i also dont keep up with independent film at all, so all of that is either from like appletv ads or friends recommending them

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i liked crazy rich asians, that was 2018

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/limitlessjest/status/1463542513243865088?s=21

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Any of you guys watched Succession?

I watched the first ep on Max and I'm trying to decide if I want to commit. It seems like Adam McKay revisiting the vibe of The Big Short but with an original story. Just trying to figure out if it's going to be intolerable rich douchebags nonstop or if there's some redeemable stuff about the characters too.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

shoeberto posted:

Just trying to figure out if it's going to be intolerable rich douchebags nonstop or if there's some redeemable stuff about the characters too.
this is what has kept me away so far. i don't have the time or inclination to do that when i could just take an edible and watch campboy bebop with my wife

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
we've been keeping up with it and that's an accurate impression. I wouldn't exactly call the characters "redeemable" but it does make very clear that all of them are the way they are because of the corrosive effects of the ultra-wealthy corporate titan/anointed scion lifestyle. they're a bunch of hollow money golems and logan will never have a worthy successor because this environment cannot produce one and that's the core tragedy of the show

that's not to say they aren't definitely douchebags and frequently intolerable though. I'm rooting for the federal investigators

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I’m rooting for Roman and the fascist alt right presidential candidate to gently caress

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm rewatching boardwalk empire and am so reminded of why I quit the hbo prestige show cinematic universe for several years, it's just so drat mean

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Succession is at times infuriating but is one of the best shows of the decade

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

so it's non-comedic arrested development?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Carthag Tuek posted:

so it's non-comedic arrested development?

grim

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

qirex posted:

I'm rewatching boardwalk empire and am so reminded of why I quit the hbo prestige show cinematic universe for several years, it's just so drat mean
chalky's stuff is pretty good iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I lasted 15 minutes into episode 1 of succession but I can’t bring myself to care about wealthy white people with self inflicted problems anymore no matter how entertainingly toxic they are