Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Circumcised Elon posted:

Hi

Ive noticed SALR Redux (Version: 2.3.0) keeps disappearing from my Extensions.

I am using FF Nightly so it probably that, each time it updates its removing SALR for some reason.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1207013
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1136809
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/975572
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1094593

Answers seem to point to a problem with the browser's extension store or a helpful browser cleaning program. I'd recommend testing with a clean browser profile or refreshing firefox (read up on what gets lost in this) or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Weird little bug I found where pressing the text (T) or the smiley button in quick reply popped the little window to the right of the quick reply box instead of the left and it didn't completely go away on the second press. I can't seem to reproduce it but it happened.

Circumcised Elon
Jun 20, 2021

by Shine

astral posted:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1207013
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1136809
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/975572
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1094593

Answers seem to point to a problem with the browser's extension store or a helpful browser cleaning program. I'd recommend testing with a clean browser profile or refreshing firefox (read up on what gets lost in this) or something.

Thanks!

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

This is niche enough that I don't know if it's worth messing with, but it looks like keyboard navigation in Firefox doesn't work if you've got caps-lock enabled.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
How do i turn off quick reply? I can't see the bottom and unable to resize box.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Femur posted:

You can click on the Quick Reply text inside the box to effectively minimize it.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Femur posted:

open options for the extension, Control Options, uncheck "Use Quick Reply box"

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Is SALR compatible with Brave? It doesn't seem to be working.

e: it works if I turn off the "Brave shields" for SA. Or it mostly works, not sure about these new buttons that were masked in Chrome

BaldDwarfOnPCP fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 15, 2021

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I noticed a weird glitch that only happens with SALR enabled. If I press play on a video (for example, a youtube embed or Twitter embed), then the space bar no longer scrolls through the page. With SALR disabled, this doesn't happen. Is there some sort of setting I could change so I could have SALR enabled but not exhibit this behavior? Thanks so much in advance!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

This is just an incredibly minor thing, but on the single post view, there's two buttons to go back to the thread view.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

This is just an incredibly minor thing, but on the single post view, there's two buttons to go back to the thread view.

This is because we upstreamed this feature, SALR no longer needs to add this button. Turning off the option in SALR, assuming there is one, should fix it and leave you with one button.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This is because we upstreamed this feature, SALR no longer needs to add this button. Turning off the option in SALR, assuming there is one, should fix it and leave you with one button.
That's how I figured out it was SALR and not SA itself - because when I turned it off, the single-post button disappeared from the thread view:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It feels very foreign when the HBIC comes into the little threads you follow that are about improving the forums and making the experience better. Please stop.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

Bit of a niche question, but any chance this could be ported to Safari using Safari Web Extensions?

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
I can't seem to add any more user notes. I can see the ones I already had but if I enter a new note and refresh the page, I don't see any changes.

Relatedly, I pressed "Backup Synced User Notes locally" but I don't know where it actually gets stored :(.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

qsvui posted:

I can't seem to add any more user notes. I can see the ones I already had but if I enter a new note and refresh the page, I don't see any changes.

Relatedly, I pressed "Backup Synced User Notes locally" but I don't know where it actually gets stored :(.

Sounds like you may have reached the limit for synced data. Once you've backed up your synced notes locally, you'll want to toggle the user note sub-option (under the Thread Options category) to no longer use sync storage for notes.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
Yep that was it, thanks.

Do you know if it's possible to hand delete user notes to get it back under the limit?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

qsvui posted:

Yep that was it, thanks.

Do you know if it's possible to hand delete user notes to get it back under the limit?

Possible? Maybe, but it probably wouldn't be easy; there isn't a user note browser or anything so you'd have to decode whatever format it's stored in.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
I didn't even know I had so many. Most of them are probably dumb and worth getting rid of.

If you could point me to where the notes would be stored on my computer as well as the format/code used to generate them, I could look at decoding them if I'm bored or something.

Forgot to mention, I'm using Firefox on Windows 10.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

qsvui posted:

I didn't even know I had so many. Most of them are probably dumb and worth getting rid of.

If you could point me to where the notes would be stored on my computer as well as the format/code used to generate them, I could look at decoding them if I'm bored or something.

Forgot to mention, I'm using Firefox on Windows 10.

Looks like the local version is stored as JSON under your browser's localStorage for the extension, with key "userNotesLocal".

The idea would be that you edit your locally-stored version and then copy that back over to Sync storage.

I honestly do not know if you can access/edit the sync data directly in a user-friendly way for editing. You could probably run some JS in a console running in the extension's scope to access the sync data, but :effort:.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

SALR seems to have stopped working entirely in the past few hours. I didn't touch its settings nor did I tinker with Firefox in any way. I tried restarting the browser, de-, and re-activating SALR but no dice. Something happen with the forums themselves?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
They're moving some forums stuff around to a new server or something. I think it's just that.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I figured it wouldn't affect the extension but then again, what do I know about this stuff.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
It was working weird for me last night, but now it's doing okay, I think.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Stare-Out posted:

SALR seems to have stopped working entirely in the past few hours. I didn't touch its settings nor did I tinker with Firefox in any way. I tried restarting the browser, de-, and re-activating SALR but no dice. Something happen with the forums themselves?
The only thing that happened with the forums themselves is the system message appearing and the purchase links up top going from "secure.somethingawful" to "store.somethingawful".

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
It seems to be half working in Chrome and not at all in Firefox.

(my posts not being in glorious purple is disturbing me)

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

The only thing that happened with the forums themselves is the system message appearing and the purchase links up top going from "secure.somethingawful" to "store.somethingawful".

Well this is curious.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It seems to be half working in Chrome and not at all in Firefox.

(my posts not being in glorious purple is disturbing me)

Okay so it's not just me, that's good to know.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Okay, I'm paying attention now and yeah, it's just not working. None of the post highlighting, this reply just went through the old route rather than opening in an overlay...

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I’d bet it’s looking for the secure. links for its hide header settings and has poor error handling. Try disabling the hiding of those and see if it works.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

astral posted:

I’d bet it’s looking for the secure. links for its hide header settings and has poor error handling. Try disabling the hiding of those and see if it works.

Yep, that seems to have fixed it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

astral posted:

Doing that brought back the "Open updated threads" in the User CP but quick reply box is still gone for me.

E: Nevermind, I had to re-enable it and give it imgur permission and now it works again.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

astral posted:

Yaaay, my keyboard shortcuts are back. :3:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

I'll try to work on a fix later today if nobody else has, but I'm extremely exhausted from the forum store stuff so no promises.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
I've landed a fix for it, as well as made that bit of code a bit more resilient so it won't crash the extension in the future if something changes again.

Submitted the new version to Chrome and Firefox, make take a bit before it's up.

e: Firefox users can grab the new version.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 3, 2021

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Master_Odin posted:

I've landed a fix for it, as well as made that bit of code a bit more resilient so it won't crash the extension in the future if something changes again.

Submitted the new version to Chrome and Firefox, make take a bit before it's up.

:cheers:

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies
This new version also has WIP I've got for a dark mode toggle in the settings pane so that people that use dark mode can now more easily see how their color scheme will look in settings. It's still rough around the edges and some things aren't quite there, but well, it's something.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Ah, sweet sweet purple.

Thanks a tonne Master_Odin!

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Hey, thanks!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Buff Hardback posted:

Bit of a niche question, but any chance this could be ported to Safari using Safari Web Extensions?

Bringing this up because even if it's niche I'm also a Safari user and think it would be cool to have SALR on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I've noticed that if I paste a channel Youtube link, it parses as a video in Quick Reply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c?CHANNELNAMEHERE

Regular reply just auto-parses it as a URL:

https://www.youtube.com/c/CHANNELNAMEHERE