Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

CyberPingu posted:

Hit three figgies

lol it isn't joking about cpu die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

justin warfield never got enough love imo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

lol it isn't joking about cpu die

cpu...die!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

qirex posted:

I saw She Wants Revenge like 15 years ago and the other dude in the band was wearing a Tyrell Corporation shirt, I complemented him on it before the show not knowing he was in the band

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

:hai:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Jenny Agutter posted:

they all have a backup physical key dude

and if the battery is dead in the fob, you can still tap the fob against the start button to start the car

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
there's a little spot inside the center console in my explorer for the fob to go if its dead that will RFID it for starting/running the car

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

in the cruz you put the fob in the cup holder.

the key in the fob is for unlocking the door only. you have to pop the plastic off the end of the handle to get access.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my car has a regular key

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i don’t have a car

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i ride a streetcar

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

i ride in a big bus with my wife

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

njsykora posted:

same

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i too spend a lot of time riding with njsykora's wife

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

njsykora posted:

I ride in the bang bus with your wife

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
you sleep in a race car bed, i sleep in a real car.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Wild EEPROM posted:

you sleep in a race car bed, i sleep in a real car.

what do you think #vanlife is?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

a year ago i bought an M1 macbook air and an 8th gen ipad. the macbook is the best laptop i've owned - fast processor, reasonable well thought-out OS, excellent battery life. but the ipad is honestly the really cool part. a decade ago these seemed like a cool idea but this thing is really thoughtful in terms of usability and such. the only thing i don't like is that a lot of iOS software is on a subscription basis, which seems like frequently a rip-off, but at least a lot of the software is well-designed and even though i have the base ipad it doesn't really bog down and start to chug. nice work tim apple

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my needs are extremely suited by my m1 air and ipad pro, tim release an m1x mini and we will be bros for life

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i bet the mac pro mini is going to be $6000 despite having the exact same cpu as the $4000 laptop

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

a year ago i bought an M1 macbook air and an 8th gen ipad. the macbook is the best laptop i've owned - fast processor, reasonable well thought-out OS, excellent battery life. but the ipad is honestly the really cool part. a decade ago these seemed like a cool idea but this thing is really thoughtful in terms of usability and such. the only thing i don't like is that a lot of iOS software is on a subscription basis, which seems like frequently a rip-off, but at least a lot of the software is well-designed and even though i have the base ipad it doesn't really bog down and start to chug. nice work tim apple

I really dislike the App Store and the subscription nonsense but at least it’s easy to sign up for a month and cancel immediately.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

subscriptions really are not unique to App Store

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
non-fucky fucky subscriptions aren't limited to the app store but they are unusual elsewhere

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Plorkyeran posted:

non-fucky fucky subscriptions aren't limited to the app store but they are unusual elsewhere

ehrm, literally any service worth its salt is subscription based these days. if anything, app store gives normal people a decent ui to manages those accrued there

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
yes, and many of those subscription-based services are fucky about unsubscribing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Plorkyeran posted:

yes, and many of those subscription-based services are fucky about unsubscribing

the ios unsubscribe menu is incredibly straight forward. if you subscribe through their site or whatever then sure.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

yeah the ease of unsubscribing through iOS is probably another reason why the big companies don’t want you subscribing that way alongside the 30% cut

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i don’t mind iOS subscriptions because they’re all in one place, they even send you reminders when long subscriptions are about to come up for renewal so you can cancel them!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

share ur subscriptions:

discovery+ (ms jones likes the magnolia network stuff a lot)
apple one
overcast (not renewing)
applecare
librivox
oneblocker
pocket (not renewing)

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
no subscriptions

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

subscribe to librivox i don't even know if you get anything for doing so (maybe no ads in app?) but librivox owns and it's like three bucks a year and i want them to keep the lights on so nerds will read me bedtime stories

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the only subs i have right now are 99 cents a month for the icloud thing just cause i was tired of my phone whining about it, and adobe cc.

i'm thinking about resuming my usenet sub idk

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
good deal at ninja rn https://www.newsgroup.ninja/en/signup?promo=specialsale&rdt_cid=3658129845461788519

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i use overcast a lot

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Wild EEPROM posted:

no subscriptions

e: oh yeah i guess i have the small icloud too

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

here's a better deal, cheaper and includes vpn https://controlpanel.newshosting.com/signup/index.php?promo=exclusive-bf-2021

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my problem with my eweka sub was that either retention wasn't quite there for really old rare stuff, or it seemed like some sort of takedowns were breaking new poo poo. Didn't really get too much of a bounty from that. It was fast as poo poo tho

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Achmed Jones posted:

share ur subscriptions:

discovery+ (ms jones likes the magnolia network stuff a lot)
apple one
overcast (not renewing)
applecare
librivox
oneblocker
pocket (not renewing)

apple one
neuropunk (dnb app)
ticktick
focused work
weather & radar (probably not renewing if apple fixes wind speed units for latvia)

youtube premium
backblaze
office 365
1password (not renewing)
bitwarden
xert
financial times
inoreader
fastmail
hey
mullvad

Jonny 290