Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Retro Futurist posted:

Would have been nice of solus to claim there

Would have been nice if merk didn't hammer Solus three hours early

##vote merk

Retro Futurist posted:

How does one thing lead to the other?

The roleblocker is probably not town 🙂

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Retro Futurist posted:

How does one thing lead to the other?

Feels from that Mae vote on toal and shade against me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've seen a lot of town RBs lately, I'm not sure I'd buy that so readily

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Retro Futurist posted:

Hmm, that's fair I suppose, but given that two people died, and toal was presumably blocked, I'm more willing to believe they are innocent.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Idle Amalgam posted:

Hmm, that's fair I suppose, but given that two people died, and toal was presumably blocked, I'm more willing to believe they are innocent.

I’d say it proves toal isn’t an SK but that’s about it

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Retro Futurist posted:

potatoes, poe-tah-toes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Retro Futurist posted:

Then Toal is scum that didn't perform the kill last night, or Toal is town who happened to be hit by a town roleblocker. Either way I'm probably not voting toal today.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So I know this is setup spec, but why are we taking IA at his word about his role? It's a really weird role that we can not confirm (unless Toal wants to claim a PR and admit they were blocked) that it doesn't make much sense to have in a low PR setup. Also even if he's telling the truth it's certainly a stretch to immediately assume that result hard clears Toalpaz.

Speaking of Toalpaz. Having this series of posts on the same page are really goddamned weird!

Toalpaz posted:

I have no strong reads other than town ones. I think that Somber, IA, and Solus are town.

I suspect squiggles is town.

Looking at the players, maybe mae and rf ?????

Toalpaz posted:

I'll do my bit to not die ##vote ia

Notice solus making the same read of tone as ia tho?

Toalpaz posted:

IA, you're just too charming. Here we gooooo

##vote solus

They go out of their way to call both IA and Solus town. THEN turn around and proceed to vote both of them. IA as this supposedly self-interest save my own rear end vote (when they're at -5), and then Solus for... some weird tone argument to disguise the fact that it's an OMGUS vote. Meanwhile the two players that Toal says might be scum never get followed up, looked at, or anything.

##vote: Toalpaz

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Retro Futurist posted:

Also I'm pretty sure we know who did the second kill. The dead vigilante who ended the day with his vote on Binus and loudly shouting that he was scum.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Idle Amalgam posted:

Feels from that Mae vote on toal and shade against me.

It wasn't shade, wasn't that literally what you said (bold emphasis mine):

Idle Amalgam posted:

I feel like a lot of people are just phoning in votes here, but I also feel like there isn't much I could reasonably do here to prove innocence. I don't even have any good reads of anyone.

I suppose this strikes me as odd:

I don't see why having nothing but town reads in a fairly quiet day 1 is out of the ordinary. This indicates that you yourself had a strong read of someone prior to voting toal, and I don't think there's much in your post history to actually support that position.

Toal's survival vote also looks bad imo since they weren't ever really in danger?:

So now I feel like I'm being set up, and scum has to be on my vote.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also I'm pretty sure we know who did the second kill. The dead vigilante who ended the day with his vote on Binus and loudly shouting that he was scum.

Yeah that seems pretty likely

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
What can I say plastic, I'm a weird person.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Would have been nice of solus to claim there

:ironicat:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mae I was second on the vote finder list 4-5 hours from deadline at the time. I voted so that it I would never be 'vote leader' and people would never be 'forced to vote me', as the phenomenon of eod goes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Lol but also yeah ##vote Merk

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Toalpaz posted:

Mae I was second on the vote finder list 4-5 hours from deadline at the time. I voted so that it I would never be 'vote leader' and people would never be 'forced to vote me', as the phenomenon of eod goes.

You were at -5 and your own vote put IA at -2, while the guy who ended up getting voted had no votes at the time. That is nonsense, you know it's nonsense

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Maerlyn posted:

Bif when can we round up the torches and pitchforks?

That hard swerve from IA to Solus gave me whiplash. I'm gonna ##vote Toal because I think their vote might be the worst.

IA did mention with this vote that Toal was never in danger:

Shifts to Solus:

I also have a suspicion IA is scum but I'd like to hear his night action results.

But you were the lynchpin of that shift? Your vote, if I’m reading it right, was off IA and into sky’s, putting solus ahead of IA

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Idle Amalgam (3): Somberbrero, Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Bifauxnen, merk, Maerlyn, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Somberbrero
SolusLunes (3): Toalpaz, b-minus1, b-minus1, Toalpaz, Voodoofly, Toalpaz, b-minus1
b-minus1 (2): Squiggly, Somberbrero
Toalpaz (2): Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, SolusLunes
Voodoofly (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Maerlyn (0): PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton
Squiggly (0): Somberbrero, b-minus1, b-minus1, b-minus1, Idle Amalgam, merk, Idle Amalgam, Somberbrero, merk, b-minus1

Not Voting (3): Idle Amalgam, Retro Futurist, Sandwolf

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 23rd, 2021 at 10 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 5 hours, 12 minutes.

Yeah you quote vote finder and then immediately vote solus, so why would the shift you had a major part in causing give you whiplash?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am getting caught up from my abrupt holiday so here comes a lot of posts with single quotes

Voodoofly posted:

I mean even I'm not fighting the votes and acknowledges them as fair. Why are you working so hard to defend me?

this pings me the same way merk got caught last game for saying the cases on him were all meritorious

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

It'd be good to get some more people in here, we're getting closer to deadline.

kind of a weird post too, Somber's prior post to this had been a VERY not pushy "this is a real vote on IA", feels like content lurking

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

the only other read i have is that merk's nonchalance bugs me. i don't see the point in going down the merk fear rabbit hole day one, especially when IA seems content to let this happen(?)

though I have been noticing this too, merk is very all over the place on D1

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

Congrats Voodoo! Gonna go hunt down that story now...

Congrats Voodoo! That fuckin owns bones

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok now why DID I think IA was scum I don't even remember

Ah right it was this

I mean Toal's post prolly was "fabricated", in the same way even a lot of my townie posts are still "performative" - it was making a sarcastic joke, I assume. Maerlyn bit too but I expect that, this felt more like trying to jump at a low hanging fruit way too fast.

And then IA followed up with some self pity posts too.

This is all pretty weak suspicion though that pinged me while I was skimming along. Don't exactly want to round up the torches and pitchforks over it.

this post kinda reads like town really reflecting on their own scum/town feelings on someone

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Sorry I have not been following along very well and have no thoughts at all in my big ol head. I'll vote whoever the vote leader is closer to deadline I guess

don't like this, town RF usually gets at least one hair up their rear end, even if they ride it through the game

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Idle Amalgam posted:

I feel like plastic might be scum, or toal and plastic are scum and that whole "do my bit to survive" is an overblown reason for voting me when they themselves aren't in danger.

OR plastic is sincere, and toal is bad faith voting me under suspicion of their play.

In any case, I'm not scum, I am erthrocyte red blood cell, I transport oxygen around the body and can see what actions, if any, were performed on a player, but not who performed them.

no idea wtf this is saying, feels a little.. "back-against-the-wall"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

This stands out to me as a good point. I don't see the merit in voting IA any longer with his claim. Very busy day so I'll be few and far between probably

##vote b-minus

might be losing some of the urgency of the moment, but this doesn't read as super sincere to me, "don't see the merit in voting IA any longer"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

I don’t think any of the votes are compelling at all so I’ll swing wildly if I’m on my phone and available.

oh at least he acknowledges it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

I buy IA's claim and I feel like solus is a good vote today. I'll try to comment on more before deadline or hammer but I'm also at work and trying to wrap poo poo up before the long break.

##vote Solus

Retro Futurist posted:

Sure ##vote solus

Bifauxnen posted:

Sure do, except Solus should be more of a connoisseur of sarcasm

##vote Solus

That is -1 unless someone swooped in after RF while I was writing this

Nope

merk posted:

##vote Solus

That’s -1

these are all hella bad votes that come in within about 45 mins from each other and about five hours before deadline. I'd vote any of these folk, merk looks the worst because Bif commented in her post that THAT vote put Solus at -1.

RF also coming in today to be like "aw why didn't Solus claim what a drag" when A) he did that in the last game and B) he even contributed to the elimination that cut off Solus from talking feels real bad

##vote RF

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

obviously would switch to merk but RF's statement today about Solus feels so loving fake after reading through that EoD

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote mae

omgussing + somber had some good points

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

##vote mae

omgussing + somber had some good points

wha? where does Somber even talk about Maerlyn?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

I am getting caught up from my abrupt holiday so here comes a lot of posts with single quotes

this pings me the same way merk got caught last game for saying the cases on him were all meritorious

You caught that I was writing that to gently caress around with our losertars at the time, right?

I did think it was a little suspect, but it was Solus' vote on toalp that I really thought was scummy.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

voodoo, whatever

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
RF, Maerlyn, and merk are all fine votes. I like my earlier case on Maerlyn (this is a joke).

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Sandwolf posted:

no idea wtf this is saying, feels a little.. "back-against-the-wall"

I mean it seems straight forward to me, and I think more than one player understood what I was trying to say there. As far as "back-against-the-wall", well, you aren't wrong? I was about to get dunked so I full claimed.

I think Mae is a decent vote right now, but could potentially see a vote against Sandwolf and Merk

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Let's not be too hard on Toal, they haven't rolled scum in like a decade so they're probably rusty.

Seriously, Toal is probably scum.

I'll only vote IA or Toal today.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

these are all hella bad votes that come in within about 45 mins from each other and about five hours before deadline. I'd vote any of these folk, merk looks the worst because Bif commented in her post that THAT vote put Solus at -1.

RF also coming in today to be like "aw why didn't Solus claim what a drag" when A) he did that in the last game and B) he even contributed to the elimination that cut off Solus from talking feels real bad

##vote RF

Huh? I don't follow your A point at all, and the B point is that I voted for him.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somberbrero posted:

Okay actually I think I will take the bait. Merk put Squiggly at -3, you got nervous about your vote position on a town flip (I'm presuming squiggly is town rn), and look for a natural transition off the vote that doesn't appear self-conscious, hence your overwrought Toal vote.

##vote idle amalgam

Is this not a real vote anymore?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

Is this not a real vote anymore?

I don't understand the question you're asking or the point you're making. Are you calling out a perceived inconsistency in how I stopped voting IA? i thought it was clear I did so because of his claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Huh? I don't follow your A point at all, and the B point is that I voted for him.

A is Complaining about town power role not claiming, which you did by recently, it feels like fake outrage, you know exactly why he didn’t claim, he didn’t want to and/or got hammered 5 hours early.