Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas taking on Stony Brook thursday. My only thoughts are watch out for that 2-3 zone while driving through that upper middle class development with cul de sacs and round abouts. That's all I got on Stony Brook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

PotatoJudge posted:

Loyola Chicago has always been D1, they won a national title in the 60s. Before the MVC they were in the MCC / Horizon League with teams like Xavier and Butler.

hmm, got myself confused somehow, mea culpa

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

He got paid!

Found out just before I hit the road for the game. The student section is currently chanting FIVE MORE YEARS! FIVE MORE YEARS! as he waved hello :shobon:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bird in a Blender posted:

Is Loyola moving a good idea for them? A-10 is a tougher conference, but at least this way you’re not totally dependent on winning the MVC tournament.

It’s also a lot more travel. MVC only covers a few midwestern states. A-10 is going to be a lot of flying to the east coast.

Part of the move is cultural fit: if you’re an academically-strong urban Catholic university, would you rather be in a league with Dayton, St Joe’s, SLU and Fordham, or one with Indiana State, Northern Iowa, and Evansville?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

I don't think that's a problem considering evansville is probably bailing on the valley too....

completely unsubstantiated i just think its curious that the OVC tournament is in evansville and most of evansville's OOC opponents are OVC

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I respect that Arizona is not messing around with any of these darn games.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Peanut President posted:

I don't think that's a problem considering evansville is probably bailing on the valley too....

completely unsubstantiated i just think its curious that the OVC tournament is in evansville and most of evansville's OOC opponents are OVC

The other rumor is USI is moving up to D1 to and will help fill in the OVC's gaps caused by recent departures.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Boise State looking lost against St. Bonnie.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/1461176476028620800

Eskin is probably shitposting, but this would be funny if true

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Reddit trash and all but /r/collegebasketball becomes unreadable during the season.

Every other post is like [Post Game Thread] East Albany State defeats Poughkeepsie Tech, 49-38

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the Enemies of Rutgers Athletics strike again
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1461539548102541314?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Strong words from the neighborhood Depaul is in

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
That was a truly disgusting loss. Rutgers is way worse than last year's team.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
https://twitter.com/kenpomeroy/status/1462209322738352128?s=21

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I totally forgot that the UNC win means we get Villanova tomorrow. hell yeah

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

PotatoJudge posted:

The other rumor is USI is moving up to D1 to and will help fill in the OVC's gaps caused by recent departures.

yeah its been in the paper. they got invited by a conference but won't say which one

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I know writing this probably assures Purdue lose tomorrow, but this is the best Purdue team I have seen in the past two decades. don't know how this will play out on a day-by-day basis, but holy poo poo are they deep and very, very good. want to see how they look tomorrow against Villanova but they are playing at the level that 1/2 seeds usually play at it at the end of the year...Purdue are just doing it in November

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/slam_university/status/1462510840192638977

lol

They cut the few seconds before this where he snatched the ball out of the air, and was able to spin into this move. He got so much better over the summer.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 21, 2021

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol that purdue is just a factory of these 8 foot mutants

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

PotatoJudge posted:

They cut the few seconds before this where he snatched the ball out of the air, and was able to spin into this move. He got so much better over the summer.

https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=32683310

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Vols actually looking competent today and playing really well. Idk what the gently caress that was yesterday

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Yeah they’re looking a LOT better today

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol at seeing Ziegler and Plavic side by side

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love Ziegler.

Grant Williams is there and he is fuckin HYPE

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol the tip-off trophy looks like something you’d buy in a cheap trophy store and then they just glued cheez-it bags to it

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol the tip-off trophy looks like something you’d buy in a cheap trophy store and then they just glued cheez-it bags to it

And put CheezIts in the bowl

https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/1462517797662064643

Trevion Williams is the best.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Man I thought ISU beating Oregon State was a nice win, but OSU has gone on to lose to Samford and Princeton. This team has had a hell of a drop off.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Arizona is pretty impressive right now. Coach spent all summer talking about the offense and making ridiculous "it's like the Warriors" statements. In the way that people actually think of when they talk about the Warriors, no, it's not that. But it is a bunch of motion and pick and roll that really takes advantage of the height of the team and the shooting is really just to keep the defense honest. Wichita St. did prove it's something you can get them to stop playing, or that you can make them earn it at the line which is always perilous in college. But it's a very watchable offense for college basketball.

Defense just looks like they copied and pasted from Sean Miller but there are worse people you can do that from

Rick fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 23, 2021

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Illini massively underachieving

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
KJI hasn't posted in a while. Hope he's doing OK and is as loving disgusted with Rutgers as I am.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Battle 4 Atlantis bracket is hosed up, one side is Baylor plus nobody above 50 in Kenpom; other half is all ranked 21-33.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Very UVA win

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gonzaga is going to be extremely annoying again

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Yeah Timme/Holmgren is a nightmare rotation to scheme around. UCLA played Holmgren small, out of necessity, and it didn't work at all. If they stay healthy I think they'll walk to the championship unless Purdue is the other 1 seed in their bracket. Still early though.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech played possibly the worst team in the country, Omaha, and had more rebounds against Omaha than Omaha had points. Yikes.

Anyway, big games coming up against Providence (who beat Wisconsin which created a weird circle of suck with Houston), and then Gonzaga. I honestly have no idea how Tech is going to avoid being blown out by Gonzaga, but it'll be fascinating to watch them try.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Perimeter defense and draining threes is my only guess

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

gotta say it is pretty wild that Mark Few has managed, however briefly, to center college basketball in Spokane, Washington

it’s pretty out there but ain’t a whole lot going on

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1463614415756873729?s=20

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

elentar posted:

gotta say it is pretty wild that Mark Few has managed, however briefly, to center college basketball in Spokane, Washington

it’s pretty out there but ain’t a whole lot going on

I will say that Holmgren looks exactly how I'd expect a 7 foot Gonzaga freshman named "Chet" to look. Only mildly surprised he isn't a ginger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I wasn't surprised at all when I heard him speak to the media during the meet and greet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNkOzkvbSUk