Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

dog nougat posted:

:lol:

"FPS game community that is not insanely rascist"

The heat death of the universe will happen before that.

Oh no most FPS communities are really bad.

RO2 and Rising Storm has attracted...somehow the worst of all of them.

Target Practice posted:

Oh lord, my.com is who picked up WW3? Lol

Lmaoooo

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

i got 3-shot in the wildcat by a .50 sniper rifle yesterday

i died so fast i couldnt even find out which direction i was being deleted from

my vehicle went from full health to 0 in less than five seconds

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

afkmacro posted:

Also there's a bug with changing loadouts with angel's box that lets you get as many rounds that your previous weapon had

Probably used this to have multiple rounds chambered :v:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Raine posted:

i got 3-shot in the wildcat by a .50 sniper rifle yesterday

i died so fast i couldnt even find out which direction i was being deleted from

my vehicle went from full health to 0 in less than five seconds

Yeah getting shot in the rear has a by the fifty gives a faster ttk than the launchers.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I'm not sure what the gently caress is wrong with AI. The enemy AI has their whole vehicle park out, while my team insists on infantry. All the drat time.

Warad
Aug 10, 2019

ZionestLord posted:

what happened with AW, I played a little of it and had a lot of fun

A lot of it is due to "disagreements" between Obsidian when they were actually developing it and My.com/Mail.ru. Obsidian wanted to make a game distinct from the World of Tanks formula and My.Com...didn't. So much so that they eventually started shoving Obsidian aside to make the game more of a cheap World of Tanks clone to the point the two games were practically indistinguishable from each other and then they just outright canceled the contract they had with Obsidian to take over development fully. Which, after they did, immediately put the game's development to a halt, only bothered updating it to add in new P2W premium tanks to sell to people and other general money-grubbing you see from the other military F2P games like War Thunder or World of Tanks/Warships/whatever and leaving the population to dry up completely. A state which the game is still in today, the only thing keeping it going is the Russian server and the fact they still buy stuff off the store. Though I haven't played them myself, the other "sort of" popular games that My.com owns like Warface and Skyforge pretty much suffer from the same issues.

And considering My.com is already expecting people to drop $30-$50 to get a basic standard-issue camo pattern for both sides, WW3 looks like it's already gearing up for the same bullshit.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

WARFACE is legitimately the funniest name of a game I can think of

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Collapsing Farts posted:

Just fly into them basically. For some reason this detonates the drone
Oh that easy? That's neat. So long it lasts.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'm not sure what the gently caress is wrong with AI. The enemy AI has their whole vehicle park out, while my team insists on infantry. All the drat time.

Do the bots revive/give health/repair? I’ve seen bots just staring at a downed friendly. Just crouching and looking at him.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

toggle posted:

Do the bots revive/give health/repair? I’ve seen bots just staring at a downed friendly. Just crouching and looking at him.

I think they are supposed to revive. There was a note in the blog post about the upcoming patches about bots reviving players.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Only time I’ve been revived by a bot was when I was bleeding out in a stairwell near a second story flag.

I think it only happened because the bot had to walk right passed me.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Fart Car '97 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAVrJrtMRPk

This is a good "So you're a BF player interested in WW3" video where he goes over the differences in how the game plays vs battlefield.

Also, I think it's purchasable via steam beginning tomorrow for the usual steam-refund protection.

Honestly it looks worse than the theoretical of what bf 2042 could be but a thousand times better than what bf 2042 currently is.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
In a custom Portal game, is it possible to increase the number of tickets required to win Team Death Match? I.e. set it up so that I don't rotate maps when farming bots?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k

toggle posted:

That was no bot, it was me

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

toggle posted:

advanced teabagging ai

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Ynglaur posted:

In a custom Portal game, is it possible to increase the number of tickets required to win Team Death Match? I.e. set it up so that I don't rotate maps when farming bots?

Not that it matters. It seems that once you hit your daily cap, it stops counting kills for weapon progression now, too.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Dial M for MURDER posted:

Is there an ETA for voice comms? I play with PC and PS5 people and it is a nightmare.

FWIW, PS5 will have native Discord integration sometime early next year - personally this is what I'm waiting for.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Is there some shooting gallery Portal map or something? I'd like to get a handle on the SWS with 8x scope. Because I can't hit loving poo poo, even if I'm spot on like those sniper elite type of compilation videos. it always slightly misses (--edit: In MP anyway).

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The Wildcat with all unlocks is completely absurd. I was ready to dismiss the slow-firing heavier 57mm cannon but then I learned to aim and THEN I got the anti vehicle missiles. :stare:

You're easily the best anti vehicle option in the entire game with this kit. The anti-vehicle missiles are lock-on and seemingly have infinite range (:psyduck:). The missiles kill smaller vehicles in one salvo and really really hurt heavy tanks. Coupled with the fact that your main gun also really hurts all vehicles you can basically sit at range and delete all the enemy armor single-handedly. No tank stands even a small chance of winning a duel with me. They're gone in seconds.

On top of all this the main gun kills infantry instantly if you hit them, which is about as hard as hitting things with a sniper rifle. Once you get that down you can really do some nasty work in this thing against both infantry and vehicles. The AV missiles have to be nerfed in the future so enjoy them while they last. The only reason I imagine why people aren't complaining about this already is because you need hundreds of kills in the thing before you unlock all of this together so I imagine most people don't have the equipment yet.

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 24, 2021

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Drone bombing those coward snipers is the only reason I play now

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Discarded 64 player size on conquest is a loving terrible map. No cover around the ships, and navigating between the sector points is a pain with no easy route. Great map for snipers and nobody else. I just skip it when I see it pop up in matchmaking. 7 maps are going to get old fast.

e: I will second the endorsement of the Wildcat, it’s definitely worth getting the unlocks for it. Great versatile vehicle.

Space Jam fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 24, 2021

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
Patch notes for tomorrow:

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefiel...m_medium=social

DICE posted:

Update 0.2.2

FIXES, CHANGES, AND IMPROVEMENTS
Bullet spread has been reduced on all weapons except Shotguns. This should result in better accuracy during gameplay

Increased PP-29 vertical recoil to ensure that the weapon does not overperform when engaging outside of its intended combat range
Resolved an issue where players who were killed close to obstacles such as walls or water were unable to be revived

Resolved instances where players were stuck in a downed state and unable to respawn. We’ve also introduced a hidden timer that will activate after 30 seconds of being in a downed state that will force a redeploy should it be required

MD540 Nightbird Mounted 20mm Cannons - we are reducing the radius at which bullets do damage upon impact, and decreasing their splash damage
Reduced Blast Radius size from 3 to 2
Reduced Inner Blast Radius damage from 1.5 to 0.75

KA-520 Super Hokum - 30mm Cannon (side mount) - we are reducing overall damage and range at which bullets do full damage, while increasing the overall bullet spread
Reduced Blast Radius from 2 to 1.6
Reduced Blast Damage from 20 to 14
Reduced bullet damage before Damage Fall Off starts 18 to 15
Reduced Damage Fall Off distance from 200 to 180
Reduced bullet damage at max Fall Off distance from 8 to 6
Increased bullet range and spread

AH-64GX Apache Warchief and KA-520 Super Hokum - 30mm Cannon - we are reducing the radius at which bullets do damage upon impact, and decreasing their splash damage
Reduced Blast Damage from 20 to 18
Increased the Damage Fall Off for enemies that are further away from the bullet impact center

We reduced the overall damage of the Minigun for all Land Vehicles, alongside bullet damage drop off now starting earlier
Reduced bullet damage before Damage Fall Off starts from 18 to 13
Reduced Damage Fall Off distance from 60 to 40
Reduced bullet damage at max Fall Off distance to 6
Equipped armor type for the LCAA Hovercraft has been adjusted which increases it’s vulnerability against different weapon types

Battlefield Portal - UAV-1
The UAV-1 has been re-enabled within Battlefield Portal
Greatly reduced health regeneration delay and speed
Increased missile damage against vehicles and infantry
The drone is now able to roadkill enemies
Breakthrough matches will now correctly end after the last sector has been captured

Resolved an issue that caused players queued for a match in Battlefield Portal to be sent back to the menu, instead of joining the match when a slot became available

Made general improvements to stability to prevent rare occurrences of game crashing

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

i also like the wildcat but it's incredibly rare to have squad members or randoms hop in, so 90% of the time i end up using it solo

i've played around with various loadouts but i think i've settled on this:

57mm cannon

AA missiles (AT missiles are situational at best and every time I take them I miss the AA missiles)

thermal smoke

repair system

minigun (good all-rounder with the benefit of easily destroying drones)

60mm flak (this is by far the best weapon pod. absolutely legendary)

i usually sit back behind the front lines to rain death, otherwise i get c4'd before i can blink

also, saw a comment somewhere that said you can press R on the main cannon to reload all shells at once. gotta try this

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I have been grinding the MAV, because I believe it has the potential to be either a great vehicle or an irredeemably awful vehicle. My thoughts thus far on the MAV are that if the 60MM flak cannon or mortar are decent at shooting infantry the MAV will be the battle bus I've always wanted. If it doesn't and barring any weird :dice: interaction it'll be pretty useless compared to grabbing any other piece of armor, probably so useless as to be an active detriment to someone taking an armor slot for it.

edit:

quote:

We reduced the overall damage of the Minigun for all Land Vehicles, alongside bullet damage drop off now starting earlier

...why? It's already a really lovely weapon to use. Is this some attempt to further nerf the Hovercraft even though the minigun isn't the reason people will use it [survivability + tokyo drifting]?

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 24, 2021

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I wish I could block teammates from getting in my vehicles. I do better hopping between positions than most of those morons do on a dedicated turret.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

Defenestrategy posted:

I have been grinding the MAV, because I believe it has the potential to be either a great vehicle or an irredeemably awful vehicle. My thoughts thus far on the MAV are that if the 60MM flak cannon or mortar are decent at shooting infantry the MAV will be the battle bus I've always wanted. If it doesn't and barring any weird :dice: interaction it'll be pretty useless compared to grabbing any other piece of armor, probably so useless as to be an active detriment to someone taking an armor slot for it.

the best thing about the MAV is that your team can spawn into it

the 60mm flak is amazing by the way definitely use that

i haven't unlocked much for the MAV since it's really hard to grind it solo, but if you have friends you should be able to get everything for it pretty easy

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Lol they made the 20mm even more worthless to take on the Nightbird. They're a trap upgrade you're not supposed to pick.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Drone roadkills. :woop:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Raine posted:

i haven't unlocked much for the MAV since it's really hard to grind it solo, but if you have friends you should be able to get everything for it pretty easy

Here's the strat that gets me 300 points towards upgrades with only minimum effort.

Start a solo game of breakthrough on the egypt farm map. Take the mav and drive over friendly AI. If you drive over them they will get in your car. switch to the second seat and switch to the anti-infantry chain gun and switch back to driver. if you don't your bot will use the anti-armor cannon and won't get much in the way of damage or kills. Park on a hill over looking the flag and go do something else. Check back in every five-ten minutes to move your mav to the next set of flags when it changes or to respawn a mav if the bots managed to hit you with enough rockets.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Lol. The regular 30mm on jeeps and the bolte remains unchanged.

:getin:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

dog nougat posted:

Lol. The regular 30mm on jeeps and the bolte remains unchanged.

:getin:

Makes sense if you've ever experienced a helicopter hovering at the max flight ceiling just raining death down with no counter.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Fallom posted:

I wish I could block teammates from getting in my vehicles. I do better hopping between positions than most of those morons do on a dedicated turret.

It’s loving infuriating if I’m in a gunner seat solo without a driver in a good defensive spot and a random pubbie will jump in and drive the vehicle to the most worthless spot possible. It boggles the loving mind.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Defenestrategy posted:

...why? It's already a really lovely weapon to use. Is this some attempt to further nerf the Hovercraft even though the minigun isn't the reason people will use it [survivability + tokyo drifting]?
Yeah, the minigun is pretty bleh. Works mildly OK on stationary targets, if you're standing still, assuming hit registration doesn't gently caress with you, but as soon the vehicles are in motion, all the bumpiness, dear god.

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Combat Pretzel posted:

Yeah, the minigun is pretty bleh. Works mildly OK on stationary targets, if you're standing still, assuming hit registration doesn't gently caress with you, but as soon the vehicles are in motion, all the bumpiness, dear god.

It works really well on straightaways or flat terrain (so the entire map!? lol) but as soon as you hit bumps it makes it impossible to aim. I wish they would add a little gimballing so the vehicle motion wouldn't throw off the turret so much.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I wish they'd bring back custom emblems but I understand why they won't. You need to devote dozens of people working 24/7 to suspend or band kids who think it's funny to make their emblem a swastika.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

theyre pushing the envelope letting people chat to each other over text message as it is

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I'm concerned about playing with pubs when/if cross platform voice comms are ever implemented. Gonna have to mute so many people.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SolarFire2 posted:

I wish they'd bring back custom emblems but I understand why they won't. You need to devote dozens of people working 24/7 to suspend or band kids who think it's funny to make their emblem a swastika.

RIP to the Cum Police emblem, which still lives on in Hardline for me somehow

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Wonder if they'll ever add the ability to do clan tags?

Guess it would only matter if they introduce a server browser and actual squad management functionality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

WARFACE is legitimately the funniest name of a game I can think of

On this theme you are wrong the answer is WARGASM.