Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Funny how tether is doing the exact same thing banks are doing to increase the money supply by issuing more debt in dollars than they actually have on reserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

knox_harrington posted:

My brother is an IP/media lawyer and told me yesterday his company is positioning him as their crypto/NFT expert, and apparently something specifically to do with CumRocket.

I did immediately share with him that the key phrase is "it can't possibly be that stupid, you must have explained it wrong"

I suppose profiting out of people doing dumb crypto stuff by writing their contracts is less bad than actually getting involved in crypto, but I will be keeping a close eye out for any pooptouching

lemme know if he degenerates, since I'm kinda doing the same thing lol.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

mystes posted:

Funny how tether is doing the exact same thing banks are doing to increase the money supply by issuing more debt in dollars than they actually have on reserve.

To be fair, it's a proven business model!

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
https://twitter.com/Pinboard/status/1463569541557014529

lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
"every tether is backed 1:1 by real cash or cash like substances!"
*presents proof that it's not*
"it's fine, it's what the F!I!A!T! do!"

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Boxturret posted:

so, f/i/a/t is bad because rich people get newly printed money, but stable coins are good because the future rich people get newly printed money, got it

The promise of cryptocurrency isn't an end to exploitation in society. The promise is that you get to play an Uno reverse card and get to be the new elite doing the exploiting.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Someone must have dropped tens of millions on this poo poo, because it's the third NFT from a musician this week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwKI8Egyr_Y

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

quote:

Blockchain for Youtube likes? (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 4 hours ago by Mooncake137

Hello,
that sound kinda weird, but my thought was, since youtube disabled the dislike button, wouldnt it be great to create a blockchain solution to target that? make a addon that integrates youtube likes/dislikes and overrides the original like button from youtube and store that information into a decentralized blockchain with this addon?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

weird, every video has a max of 5 likes or dislikes

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
dislike suppression creates more problems than it solves. there i sad it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Boxturret posted:

"every tether is backed 1:1 by real cash or cash like substances!"
*presents proof that it's not*
"it's fine, it's what the F!I!A!T! do!"

fictional reserve banking

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Shageletic posted:

lemme know if he degenerates, since I'm kinda doing the same thing lol.

you're a lawyer who is being positioned as a crypto/NFT expert?

do tell

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I was at some software vendor freebie dinner and drinks (prime motivation: reclaim license costs in wine) and was seated next to a product owner and a legal head and at some point NFTs came up and to my surprise we all completely agreed they were a disaster from a functional, environmental and legal perspective and I got to deploy the standard "imagine if I burned down the rainforest to give you a receipt" description for someone else in the conversation which got a good "but none of this makes any sense!" response (and everybody stood up and clapped)

this is actually quite heartening, others are negative on this crap too

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also "the dollar store" isn't a store

if he means dollar tree they've been charging more than a dollar for a lot of things for like a decade and a half now but i guess i don't expect a rich weirdo to know that

drk
Jan 16, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

also "the dollar store" isn't a store

if he means dollar tree they've been charging more than a dollar for a lot of things for like a decade and a half now but i guess i don't expect a rich weirdo to know that

the dude owns a ton of bitcoin (and an exchange), its in his financial interest to spread nonsense "inflation bad, therefore bitcoin good" hot takes to internet rubes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

drk posted:

the dude owns a ton of bitcoin (and an exchange), its in his financial interest to spread nonsense "inflation bad, therefore bitcoin good" hot takes to internet rubes

oh i am very much familiar with the winklevii

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
what if i burned down a rainforest to give you a receipt for something in the understanding that you're not buying the thing the receipt is for, you're just buying the receipt itself

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

if you have tethers, don't worry they're backed by loans to the absolute safest companies

https://twitter.com/SilvermanJacob/status/1463503033460047879

Satoshi (may he teeth ever grow longer) finds no problem with this

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

yeah dollar stores here have all had stuff for more (and less!) than a dollar for ages

Shame Boy posted:

oh i am very much familiar with the winklevii

their name is the winkelvode

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
has anybody sold an nft of the brooklyn bridge yet

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

Sapozhnik posted:

has anybody sold an nft of the brooklyn bridge yet
no but I can sell you one for cheap if you're looking

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/CollinsDict/status/1463297577114345473

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

up there with the greats

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

eyyy watch it i'm ploggin' hea!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
non-ploggable token

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Gazpacho posted:

dislike suppression creates more problems than it solves. there i sad it.

it does not solve or create any problems

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

okay, seriously now. from right to left it's bitcoin, not-quite-ethereum, and then ???

looking it up it's zcash, which is apparently the 56th biggest cryptocurrency, slightly behind klaytn, enjin coin, pancakeswap, aave, and harmony. i just made up one of them, see if you can guess which one

mystes
May 31, 2006

oh for fucks sake

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

SubG posted:

okay, seriously now. from right to left it's bitcoin, not-quite-ethereum, and then ???

looking it up it's zcash, which is apparently the 56th biggest cryptocurrency, slightly behind klaytn, enjin coin, pancakeswap, aave, and harmony. i just made up one of them, see if you can guess which one

i looked them all up and they're all real:v:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

there's not a single one of them that claims to be worth less than three billion actual us dollars

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

every single part of this:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SubG posted:

pancakeswap is not the internet old lore duo I was expecting but far be it from me to deny it was the one I deserved

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SubG posted:

a friend of mine tried to get into this after seeing it on instagram or something back in the spring. at first i had no idea what the hell she was talking about and then it dawned on me she was trying to figure out how to buy crypto. thankfully better sense prevailed when she saw what the process to get on an exchange was

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SubG posted:

i'm the phishing warning on the site i'm already visiting

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

FAUXTON posted:

pancakeswap is not the internet old lore duo I was expecting but far be it from me to deny it was the one I deserved
2 pancakes 1 syrup

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mister t ate my pancakes

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

andre the giant has a pancake

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/TheAndrewNadeau/status/1463672004624670726