Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

qirex posted:

I lasted 15 minutes into episode 1 of succession but I can’t bring myself to care about wealthy white people with self inflicted problems anymore no matter how entertainingly toxic they are

that formula has worked only a few times

seinfield, curb your enthusiasm, arrested development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

now how about some examples of it working?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
curb is so good

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_r2ppe8tl8w1qgz7mu_480.mp4

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
odo impression: B+
rom impression: B
quark impression: C-

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
That is way the gently caress too god drat long, jesus christ I got the loving joke, WHY IS THAT STILL GOING SHUT THE ACTUAL gently caress UP!!!!!!!!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

shoeberto posted:

That is way the gently caress too god drat long, jesus christ I got the loving joke, WHY IS THAT STILL GOING SHUT THE ACTUAL gently caress UP!!!!!!!!!

calm down.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Ok. Thanks. I'm better now.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

I lasted 15 minutes into episode 1 of succession but I can’t bring myself to care about wealthy white people with self inflicted problems anymore no matter how entertainingly toxic they are

someone i know keeps calling it "secession" and it took me a really long time to realize there aren't two oddly similarly named tv shows with similar plots and concepts.

i figured it was just an antz/bug's life or armageddon/deep impact situation.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

avengers/justice league

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jakerudh/status/1463599184687341575

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
as god is my witness...

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

infernal machines posted:

as god is my witness...

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I just watched “blood machines” on shudder [I think it began as a kickstarter] it’s basically a 45 minute synthwave music video disguised as a sci fi movie.

if you like the yamaha dx7, neon colors and naked ladies I strongly recommend it

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

infernal machines posted:

as god is my witness...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

qirex posted:

I just watched “blood machines” on shudder [I think it began as a kickstarter] it’s basically a 45 minute synthwave music video disguised as a sci fi movie.

if you like the yamaha dx7, neon colors and naked ladies I strongly recommend it

i like all of those things.

i don't know if i'd pay for a shudder sub just to see them though

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

qirex posted:

huh. i think i'm finally getting what i really wanted for christmas at age 11.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

qirex posted:

isn't this basically a feature length version of that one carpenter brut music video

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yes, well, not feature length apparently, but otherwise yes

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i'm getting real confused between blood machines the thing above and blood machines the tv show. i can't figure out if they're the same thing or not

someone tell me what to download!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

follow your heart.

it too is a blood machine

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

haveblue posted:

a feature length version

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
I don't have Shudder but I bought the Blood Machines soundtrack album. It's pretty great.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Doom Mathematic posted:

I don't have Shudder but I bought the Blood Machines soundtrack album. It's pretty great.
it's on apple music and yeah it's pretty drat great

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i finally got back into doom patrol after it kind of failed the 3 ep test and rounding up on the back 1/3 of s1 now. the pacing seems to have improved. i prefer danny the street to the wandavision thing by a lot

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Achmed Jones posted:

i'm getting real confused between blood machines the thing above and blood machines the tv show. i can't figure out if they're the same thing or not

someone tell me what to download!

it's split into three episodes for some reason but I'd imagine there's a single edit as well

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

qirex posted:

you have my attention

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I don’t want to oversell it, it is not an amazing piece of cinema, it’s a low budget shiny object with bad acting and some janky effects that is amusing to watch and listen to

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

it’s a low budget shiny object with bad acting and some janky effects that is amusing to watch and listen to

i mean, this is also a description of my posting

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

qirex posted:

I don’t want to oversell it, it is not an amazing piece of cinema, it’s a low budget shiny object with bad acting and some janky effects that is amusing to watch and listen to
the trailer makes it look like the best parts of event horizon times 1000

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/1463756030211407876?s=21

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kenny Logins posted:

the trailer makes it look like the best parts of event horizon times 1000

event horizon is one of my favorite movies ever

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

me too friendo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

the beard hunter lol

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

i also just showed someone who has this correct opinion 'pitch black' for their first time last night

good stuff, now i want to go through the riddick films again

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
furthermore, happy november the 25th

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m reading a collection of Le Guin short stories and they’re all phenomenally well-written and compelling but all the endings are unsatisfying. hard recommend (The Wind’s Twelve Quarters is the collection) but know going in you may be underwhelmed by the endings, could totally be a It’s Just Me issue but idk I’ve never experienced anything like this

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
i got this big collection of Bradbury short stories a while back, and dropped it after a bit because things would be getting interesting and then they'd end. i guess I'm too used to novels.

the last batch of shorts I read were the collected westerns from Elmore Leonard, and those were more satisfying from that respect, but also tended to be longer.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i just re-uploaded my event horizon sample track

https://soundcloud.com/jonny290/chest-pain-unit-jonny-290-ask-the-doctor

the synth is a paia fatman hardware analog synth (that i still own!) and i ripped the samples off the VHS of event horizon when i was living at the goth house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
btw that track is literally older than hbag. i did it in 2000