Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
deathloop snipe

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

slipways is a very cool game. it's about colonizing planets and building a trade network

there are different "council" leaders to pick which give you different technologies in the game. research points are generated by building structures that consume surplus resources. slime lab and chips lab:

it can be very satisfying to thread connections

a standard run can be completed in 30-45 minutes, the duration is 25 game years (colonizing planets takes three months, building structures and slipways take one month). it's turn based so you can take as much time to think as you want. there is also an undo feature as long as you didn't reveal new information (planets or new council tasks).

two hot tips:

if you misplace a structure, you can right click on it and drag it to a new spot instead of using the undo feature and trying to guess a new spot

once you unlock "quirks mode" (random environmental changes), there are quirks involving maintenance fees (harmful radiation and weak slipspace) which don't really affect playing on the easiest difficulty, so you can get an easy points multiplier to earn enough stars to unlock other modes

looks cool and at a glance feels like 'ascendancy'- if that is a fair characterization then i need to pick it up

e: goddamnit there was an ios re-release of ascendancy that has since been pulled

psiox fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
i wanna play tabletop simulator in VR. what are some affordable, but good, VR glasses? Quest 2?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

haveblue posted:

there is way too, way too much riddler content in that game

it's like in one of the early planning meetings they decided that if anyone ever reached 100% completion they have failed as designers

I got 220%

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

psiox posted:

looks cool and at a glance feels like 'ascendancy'- if that is a fair characterization then i need to pick it up

e: goddamnit there was an ios re-release of ascendancy that has since been pulled

Ascendancy was so loving cool! I still think about those complexity meters sometimes that were more and more complicated gems and plants to indicate how advanced the society was

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i finally loving did it. it's finally over. also lol at my final playtime

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

oh look at you with your 1% achievement

1000 miles and 25 tiny dirt strip airports in a plane with no navigation equipment beyond a compass :madmax:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

oh yeah it's not my rarest achievement. isaac is both a popular game and there's a lot of people who just download a completed save file to have all the unlocks right away, so that 1% is inflated but i don't know by how much. my rarest is a .9% achievement from a poker game

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

nice. hell yeah

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

oh look at you with your 1% achievement

1000 miles and 25 tiny dirt strip airports in a plane with no navigation equipment beyond a compass :madmax:

what game is this?

E: oh, msfs

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Soiled Meat
Farming Simulator 22 has scratched my itch of “games to listen to music to” and it’s a lot of fun.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

been playing satisfactory and its pretty satisfactoring

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

PIZZA.BAT posted:

sick!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Farming Simulator 22 has scratched my itch of “games to listen to music to” and it’s a lot of fun.

farm sim taught me that being a farmer is mostly about mowing the lawn with various big lawnmowers

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pirate goasts leave this place

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
its a good day to do what has to be done by kiryu and help my aniki to defeat the enemys

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

SmokaDustbowl posted:

but this is our house :(

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SmokaDustbowl posted:

*heavy Philly accent*

it’s time for you to cross over!!!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

the majima-kiryu dynamic may be the best in the world

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

dioxazine posted:

the majima-kiryu dynamic may be the best in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUnhiHLMy_Q

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

does the judgement series have a goofy tone as well? that’s probably up next.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

It's been a year and I'm still playing Hardspace: Shipbreaker regularly. Taking apart spaceships while avoiding explosive decompression and reactor meltdowns is strangely soothing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

It's been a year and I'm still playing Hardspace: Shipbreaker regularly. Taking apart spaceships while avoiding explosive decompression and reactor meltdowns is strangely soothing.

Holy poo poo if there ever was a game that needs to be in VR

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

any must haves over farm sim 21?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Soiled Meat

The Fool posted:

any must haves over farm sim 21?

it didnt exist, (last one is 19), but the must haves is the all new season system and new production stuff (converting various raw materials into intermediate stuff and finally into finished products).

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
bought skyrim for 50% off. hope it’s good.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

it’s not, op

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

skyrim owns. i almost bought it for ps5 but decided that computer and switch was enough

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Skyrim is also on game pass

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

it’s not, op

dang it!

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

yippee cahier posted:

does the judgement series have a goofy tone as well? that’s probably up next.

it’s like yakuza, in that the main story is played pretty straight, but the side quests involve tracking down cats or perverts or wigs or drinking people under the table.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

President Beep posted:

bought skyrim for 50% off. hope it’s good.

turn on survival mode when you get bored with it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

it's good

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i picked a lizard dude as my character.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

beep are you playing vanilla Skyrim in tyool 2021?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

also just bought yakuza 0 for cheap as heck. what do I need to know about yakuza games?

also also, if you’d like to buy yakuza 0 for cheap as heck

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1463578712553709568?s=21

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

also just bought yakuza 0 for cheap as heck. what do I need to know about yakuza games?

they're good OP

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

beep are you playing vanilla Skyrim in tyool 2021?

:kiddo:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s on switch, so that’s all I’ll be doing too

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

what do I need to know about yakuza games?

learn where the payphones are and you'll know the whole map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
Skyrim is great for simulating 10000 wheels of cheese rolling down a hill.