Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I don't know, isn't voodoo pointing out that Mae's faking reads?

Mae: vote gave me whiplash

Also Mae: broke the tie onto town

Seems pretty persuasive to me. I'm getting a totally different feel than the disconnected lurky scum voodoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Also I'd really appreciate people commenting on the night action things that I pointed out. They seem pretty obviously importent.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

What night action things are you referring to?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

so like when you think about it

if scummers had a role block AND a kill why wouldn't they burn one on you.

you claimed b4 night phase, even if they really wanted to kill b-, why wouldn't they just rb you and kill b- because you claimed town power role?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

So merk is voting me for preemptively voting maer before I vote maer?

Solus was a legit vote. I thought the IA posts were strange but I thought solus vote on toalp was really bad and ignored half of toalps posts. And I’ve been pretty blunt about that fact, so not sure how I was trying to deflect my involvement in it. That’s why I thought it was strange that maer was making such a stink about it.

But I’ve swung around on Maer. I didn’t like the whiplash post but everything else later in the day has felt genuine and I’m trying to process the two.

Honestly I was debating voting IA this morning but I think I’m fine with my vote where it is. His strongest point is pontificating into a future act and calling me scum for it, and saying that I’m trying to deflect away from solus who I am point blank saying I thought was scum and wanted to vote day 1.

I’d also vote IA though. I think maers case is pretty good although I don’t see toalp and IA being on the same side. Honestly the fact that IA is still spending so many posts going back towards toalp, despite the roleblock soft clear on them, feels the most off. If you saw them roleblocked presumably you would know they didn’t kill last night and look at other people today to spend time on your posts.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

merk (2): Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Voodoofly
Voodoofly (2): merk, PlasticAutomaton
Maerlyn (1): Idle Amalgam, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Retro Futurist (1): Sandwolf
Toalpaz (1): Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton
Idle Amalgam (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (3): Bifauxnen, Retro Futurist, Toalpaz

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 26th, 2021 at 6 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 1 day.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Voodoofly posted:

So merk is voting me for preemptively voting maer before I vote maer?

Solus was a legit vote. I thought the IA posts were strange but I thought solus vote on toalp was really bad and ignored half of toalps posts. And I’ve been pretty blunt about that fact, so not sure how I was trying to deflect my involvement in it. That’s why I thought it was strange that maer was making such a stink about it.

But I’ve swung around on Maer. I didn’t like the whiplash post but everything else later in the day has felt genuine and I’m trying to process the two.

Honestly I was debating voting IA this morning but I think I’m fine with my vote where it is. His strongest point is pontificating into a future act and calling me scum for it, and saying that I’m trying to deflect away from solus who I am point blank saying I thought was scum and wanted to vote day 1.

I’d also vote IA though. I think maers case is pretty good although I don’t see toalp and IA being on the same side. Honestly the fact that IA is still spending so many posts going back towards toalp, despite the roleblock soft clear on them, feels the most off. If you saw them roleblocked presumably you would know they didn’t kill last night and look at other people today to spend time on your posts.

Only I didn't go back on toal, I'm not really quite what sure what you're seeing there.

If anything, I've been insistent toal is town following my read. Toal has actively been trying to spotlight me after my soft clear which is the only reason I'm engaging them. Also lmao at the night 0 cop being part of their latest case.

Anyhow, this is a pretty good case all things considered, I just dont like how you spend a lot of time talking about me, but the core of that post seemed to indicate your support of the mae vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote rf

i re read sand wolf which prompted me to re read rf. I don't know, i'm fine voting rf for now I guess?

yeah i agree with ia, he kinda has to engage with me if i'm calling him scummy. I don't think ia was casing me.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I like merk's case. I didn't question Voodoo's train of thought but the switch to Solus started happening before I voted...I was looking at votefinder last night and trying to look at votes a little closer but at one point votes for IA were still trickling in so I would imagine it got closer then -5 before Voodoo voted for Solus.

I thought Somber was trying to save IA but my read there could be wrong (somber mentions my lack of conviction - I felt pretty strongly at the end of D1 but I'm trying to reevaluate with a cooler head).

Toalpaz posted:

so like when you think about it

if scummers had a role block AND a kill why wouldn't they burn one on you.

you claimed b4 night phase, even if they really wanted to kill b-, why wouldn't they just rb you and kill b- because you claimed town power role?

It's probably unwise for scum to target a claimed power role that early right?

Are you speculating IA is scum here without actually saying it? I'm not sure what your point is.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I forgot my vote

##vote Voodoo

His post up above reads really wishy washy to me and I distinctly remember him coming hard for me in squid game.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

I forgot my vote

##vote Voodoo

His post up above reads really wishy washy to me and I distinctly remember him coming hard for me in squid game.

It's not meant to be wishy washy. I was suspicious of you but your later posts and responses to me changed my mind. I don't think you are scum and don't want to vote you.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Idle Amalgam posted:

Only I didn't go back on toal, I'm not really quite what sure what you're seeing there.

If anything, I've been insistent toal is town following my read. Toal has actively been trying to spotlight me after my soft clear which is the only reason I'm engaging them. Also lmao at the night 0 cop being part of their latest case.

Anyhow, this is a pretty good case all things considered, I just dont like how you spend a lot of time talking about me, but the core of that post seemed to indicate your support of the mae vote.

No, you are right, you just had a lot of posts pointing out that toal was relying on night 0. I thought you were trying to say their argument was scummy because of it.

And I don't support a mae vote. Mae's posts feel like she has a bead and is following it despite any contradictions in her early response to the solus execution.

I support a merk vote. I think that pointing out to mae that his vote was bad, but otherwise having nothing to say despite checking in a few more times, was him trying to coast by and see how things shaked out (basically what he is now accusing me of doing). He then does a drive by case, some random thoughts (still nothing more about his response to mae), and bounces.

If you think his case is good go back and read it. Where am I trying to deflect that I was on solus? Where was I trying to set up a maer vote as opposed to engaging with someone in the thread? I can't really respond to "my tone is off."

There isn't really anything else to say because he hasn't posted anything else.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

This is also a good point and honestly the IA claim is bothering me more and more. If scum was going to roleblock why pick toalp out of the blue as opposed to a claimed power role?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Voodoofly posted:

This is also a good point and honestly the IA claim is bothering me more and more. If scum was going to roleblock why pick toalp out of the blue as opposed to a claimed power role?

I was just looking at toal's posts, maybe someone took this seriously? I didn't know why toal posted it

Toalpaz posted:

im a t cell

at night i can

cop a player
vig a player
tack a player
jail a player

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Also aren't we presupposing it wasn't a town RB?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Toalpaz posted:

i hate to bring this up, but isn't solus doing the exact same thing you fairly high conviction voted IA over? Except in a worse way cause it was after skipping thru a lot of the day and at deadline?

Toal who were you addressing specifically here?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

somber

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

Also aren't we presupposing it wasn't a town RB?

Probably. I don't honestly see how IA's claimed role helps the town the more I think about it. If you think someone is scum I guess you catch another scum helping them out? If you think someone is town you can see if something happened to them, but not who did it?

IA seemed to think toalp was possibly scum on day 1 but there was also toalp claiming JOAT. I guess in that case I don't know why I would target the person I thought was scum to see if someone else performed an action on them, especially if you think Toalp has an action and you also called Plastic a potential scum bud.

I'm not sure it honestly helps scum that much more other than I guess you could find if someone was being doc protected or something.

I think more than anything it's the sort of claim you can make on Day 1 without risking much chance of a counter, especially in a light power role game, and then outing that someone was roleblocked.

At best I think a town roleblocker might at least own up to it to help provide legitimacy to IA's claim, but with nobody speaking up figure it's more likely the roleblocker is scum or IA is full of poo poo.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Toalpaz posted:

Also I'd really appreciate people commenting on the night action things that I pointed out. They seem pretty obviously importent.

i get your argument, but i can see myself avoiding targeting IA at all as a scumbo. i just don't think it's as definitive as you make it out to be. you know as scum that role has a pretty marginal impact on the whole, especially with how little everyone trusts IA.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Somberbrero posted:

i get your argument, but i can see myself avoiding targeting IA at all as a scumbo. i just don't think it's as definitive as you make it out to be. you know as scum that role has a pretty marginal impact on the whole, especially with how little everyone trusts IA.

Lol finally the truth comes out, I'm just not trusted around these parts!

Regarded like a wild dog, shambling out from the alley with a crazy look in its eye.

About to begin my colonizer's day dinner. Still think Mae could be scum, but not liking the recent spate of voodoo posts.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i read merk's case again now that i've been awake for a while and i don't think it's very good. 'tone feels off' in particular is weak.

merk posted:

Other random reads:
Sandwolf saying he had to Wikipedia his role feels like town for reasons I can't explain.
RF is super lazy this game, almost lazier than me. Still feels town for some reason though.
Plastic going after Toal feels genuine.
I agree with Somberbrero that eliminating Toal today doesn't make a whole lot of sense, even if there is a decent case out there.
Somberbrero is posting way too reasonably. Not enough to build a case, but I spent some time reading there before finding Voodoo.
I have no idea what to make of IA's claim or role. Nothing super jumped out in IA's posts to me.

this is fake/unhelpful. nothing here is actionable or useful to finding scum.

feel good with my merk vote.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jeez I shouldn't have tried to play 2 games at once.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll hopefully finally have some free time this weekend and then I can solve this game for everyone. For today I will try my best

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Looking at the votes on Voodoo and merk's case is bad, but not necessarily scum bad. Plastic's vote, otoh, looks scum bad ##vote plastic
Maer I could go either way on, don't love her points either but at least she's coming up with independent reasons and not just nodding along with merk.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maerlyn posted:

I was just looking at toal's posts, maybe someone took this seriously? I didn't know why toal posted it

Toal I would like you to explain why you posted that T cell thing.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

to trick town role blocker into role blocking me

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

because I'm the role-father

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Town having two ways to reliably block kills in a game this size strikes me as unlikely.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thanks, Toal!

I'll be back later with another random lurker observation about someone I think is scummy for one weird post

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't want to put words into toal's mouth but I kind of assumed the claim of all roles on literary the first post of page two was in fact a joke

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't want to put words into toal's mouth but I kind of assumed the claim of all roles on literary the first post of page two was in fact a joke

Yeah that would be one explanation, but Toal could've been hoping to actually bait somebody with their WIFOM coyness or something knowing them, so I wanted to hear them explain their rationale there in their own words. Good thing that got sorted already!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Voodoofly (3): merk, PlasticAutomaton, Maerlyn
Retro Futurist (2): Sandwolf, Toalpaz
PlasticAutomaton (1): Retro Futurist
Toalpaz (0): Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton, Maerlyn

Not Voting (1): Bifauxnen

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 26th, 2021 at 6 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 12 hours, 11 minutes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I work retail so tomorrow is bad for me. My preference would be to vote merk, but I am willing to vote RF if merk is nonviable.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

This is definitely lazy town merk and I will not be voting him.

Somber, why is RF your second choice? You've mentioned wanting to vote him a few times now but never really explained why. Is it literally just his vote on Solus yesterday?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somberbrero posted:

I work retail so tomorrow is bad for me. My preference would be to vote merk, but I am willing to vote RF if merk is nonviable.

Good luck friend :toot:

I'm not willing to vote out merk today. I think he had a good case on Voodoo. What do you see that you disagree with?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I looked at your last couple posts where you mention merks case being fake or unhelpful. I don't have that same feeling (his thoughts all feel like they come from town Merk).

I still think Toal looks scummy and would vote there as well. IA coming in and saying he saw Toal was roleblocked therefore could not be scum is not convincing.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Idle Amalgam posted:

##unvote
##vote toal

Too easy.

You don't have a real opinion on this. You say it's bad, but put your faith in another player's vote as a way of escaping culpability.

I dont want to turbo squiggles because he failed to get high and post or he got so high he didn't post, I do want to look at people who look artificial about committing to a jokephase vote.

Maerlyn seems genuine with their interpretation, but toal is a vet and that hemming and hawing seems fabricated.

I don't like that IA dropped this altogether (mixing up Squiggles and Solus not withstanding, it's a good point).

Toalpaz posted:

##vote voodoo fly

This vote also stood out to me because we were out of joke phase, Voodoo hadn't posted yet so...a poke? Just struck me as odd.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Voodoofly (3): merk, PlasticAutomaton, Maerlyn
Retro Futurist (2): Sandwolf, Toalpaz
PlasticAutomaton (1): Retro Futurist
Toalpaz (0): Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, PlasticAutomaton, Maerlyn

Not Voting (1): Bifauxnen

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 26th, 2021 at 6 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 5 hours, 43 minutes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Maerlyn posted:

I don't like that IA dropped this altogether (mixing up Squiggles and Solus not withstanding, it's a good point).

This vote also stood out to me because we were out of joke phase, Voodoo hadn't posted yet so...a poke? Just struck me as odd.

Yeah, I voted someone d1 who wasn't posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Really think it's Mae or RF. Won't vote Merk.