Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

hot dog event
Apr 17, 2002

this and anime club are a click every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
working on another page of sstv pics to shoot into the ether

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

anime is bad

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
nothing i buy will ever recreate the joy of getting a new lego at christmas

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

the only good computers

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

ChubbyChecker posted:

anime is bad

why would you resist me spamming it at boomers then

you some sort of boomer lover?

want to hug and kiss them? fess up

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Jonny 290 posted:

why would you resist me spamming it at boomers then

you some sort of boomer lover?

want to hug and kiss them? fess up

ok weeb

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

anime is bad but that specific anime is very good

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Truman Peyote posted:

anime is bad but that specific anime is very good

truly, anime is a land of contrasts

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

you must be new around here. Welcome!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
if i had a sstv transmitter i would just loop videodrome frames

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

infernal machines posted:

if i had a sstv transmitter i would just loop videodrome frames

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

got it need it got it got it need it got it

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

nice red shoe diaries collection

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

holy poo poo how did I miss this

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omIaDngxCZ8

dan bell dirty room live

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it's been so long since the last another dirty room show

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

It strikes me that this would be an alright form factor for a combo monitor/pc case. One of you nerds fire up that giant 3D printer you told your wife you would totally use. Bonus nerd points for getting the scale right.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Bluemillion posted:

It strikes me that this would be an alright form factor for a combo monitor/pc case. One of you nerds fire up that giant 3D printer you told your wife you would totally use. Bonus nerd points for getting the scale right.

YPOSPOS

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

That just reminds me that years ago some goon made the little digital reader that faced the customer say "Join Goonswarm" or something at his lovely job.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

hell yes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Animal Friend posted:

That just reminds me that years ago some goon made the little digital reader that faced the customer say "Join Goonswarm" or something at his lovely job.

did it work?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/turnip_tops/status/1464773484526063626

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

working on another page of sstv pics to shoot into the ether

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKvtbH8qUWU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O53_5LCQZg

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

I've never seen Akira

I think I started watching it once years ago at a friend's house but we were all drunk and I fell asleep

edit: thank you for listening to my inspirational TED talk "anime and how to avoid it"

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Remembered I had a 50gb 4K file of the original Ghost in the Shell sitting on my store drive so fired it up last night, been a long time since I saw it last and while the visuals still hold up (especially in HDRes) the plot is a little thinner than I remember, with a lot of infodump downtime and animate-as-little-as-possible scenes. Think the story beats are still interesting, but this being one of the OG cyberpunk references regarding the nature of consciousness and self, you've probably seen it done more recently (and better) elsewhere.

Also wow I'd forgot just how often they push a boob onscreen, for a story about how bodies are not important in the future they sure do love them some tit.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

I saw it for the first time last year and didn't really get what the fuss was about. I like the setting and it's visually interesting, but the story is barely there and there's a whole lot of Tell Don't Show...

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Remembered I had a 50gb 4K file of the original Ghost in the Shell sitting on my store drive so fired it up last night, been a long time since I saw it last and while the visuals still hold up (especially in HDRes) the plot is a little thinner than I remember, with a lot of infodump downtime and animate-as-little-as-possible scenes. Think the story beats are still interesting, but this being one of the OG cyberpunk references regarding the nature of consciousness and self, you've probably seen it done more recently (and better) elsewhere.

Also wow I'd forgot just how often they push a boob onscreen, for a story about how bodies are not important in the future they sure do love them some tit.

if you see any of shirow masamune's other works you'll quickly come to realize he has a big ol' boner for strong military chicks with big tits.

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

if you see any of shirow masamune's other works you'll quickly come to realize he has a big ol' boner for strong military chicks with big tits.

don’t sign you’re posts

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Sweevo posted:

I like the setting and it's visually interesting, but the story is barely there and there's a whole lot of Tell Don't Show...
anime in a nutshell, esp. the "tell don't show" which seems like a prerequisite not just for anime but for japanese pop-culture storytelling in general

i seem to recall cyber city oedo being relatively low on exposition and relatively high on fancy cyberpunk action, though. also i remember laughing at the characters just constantly going "poo poo gently caress goddammit", as if they had to meet some cursing quota

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

yeah from what little i've seen of his comics i got the impression that their main raison d'etre is horniness

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Masamune is one of those artists whose works really shine when they have other people constraining them, since when he's on his own is all tits all the time

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

hell,

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hey, why the long interface?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sombrerotron posted:

yeah from what little i've seen of his comics i got the impression that their main raison d'etre is horniness

this is true of all life tho.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

there's a UHD release?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

infernal machines posted:

there's a UHD release?

came out a few years ago.