Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Like there is so much jank but they also did some interesting little things where they could. Seems like it's big enough to feel like an adventure but also notably more quaint than Skyrim. I love the soundtrack even though it could stand to probably have like twice as many tracks.

Does the GamePass version not include the DLC tho?

Edit: The answer is no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

highme posted:

Look on ebay for a bricked set of TB 700 Gen2s. (edit: like these --> https://www.ebay.com/itm/284536995162?hash=item423fb9fd5a%3Ag%3AxegAAOSwJixhmYi6&LH_ItemCondition=7000) I have a pair where the plastic on ear piece broke near the headband that I posted about earlier. I tried to fix them but started looking on Ebay for a pair I could harvest parts from and bought a bricked pair of PS 700 Gen2s. Dissassembly wasn't as straight forward as I thought and had to google instructions. All of the the top results were about fixing a bricked pair and within 10 minutes of diving into that rabbit hole I had a working pair of PS headphones but no PS. I've since bought the MS branded headphones that are available for $90 now, and they work fine and sound good but I think the TBs were more comfortable and I prefer the mic muting mechanic of flipping it out of the way, over hunting for a button. Especially after friends got to listen to my wife & I argue the other night because I thought it was muted. I still have a vague plan to fix this pair of Xbox TBs but I might be up for selling them since it sounds like you've probably got a parts donor.

Yeah I love my gen 2 700s, which is my main headset I use on PS and everything else. I don't know if I'd have the confidence in myself to fix a bricked pair though haha. Any spare parts I have are from Gen 1 Playstation models (that still work) so I really don't know how much good they would do me.

E: eh for that cheap I might just bid on those and risk trying to fix them. That would be great to have 700s for that cheap if I could get them working, but I figure at best it's a 50/50 shot. Thanks for the link. They even look pretty new/clean

But yeah they are a super comfortable headset and I love how the mic just flips into the cup. And with bass boost they have like, twice the bass of any of the official headsets I have used. They have a lot of quality control problems unfortunately though.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 26, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zurtilik posted:

Like there is so much jank but they also did some interesting little things where they could. Seems like it's big enough to feel like an adventure but also notably more quaint than Skyrim. I love the soundtrack even though it could stand to probably have like twice as many tracks.

Does the GamePass version not include the DLC tho?

Edit: The answer is no.

Nope, no DLC on any gamepass games. I bought the special edition on disk so I have Shivering Isles and Nights of the Nine and then bought the rest for mega cheap.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The repetitive cut and paste dungeons and oblivion gate worlds made me hate that game back in the day

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I avoid the oblivion gates like the plague. I think you can finish the game only going into three or four.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

ZeeBoi posted:

The repetitive cut and paste dungeons and oblivion gate worlds made me hate that game back in the day

Yeah, the guilds I love. But the dungeons usually leave a lot to be desired.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

One designer made them all

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

I think I may finally finish Morrowind thanks to game pass.

Got really far in the Xbox version back in 2002 and then it lost a quest item (a bow on a ghost) and I had no good saves because back in the day everyone advised to constantly delete them to keep the game running.

Love how Todd Howard recently admitted the game would reboot your Xbox covertly during loading screens to avoid memory issues.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ZeeBoi posted:

dont feel too bad, i got a 360 specifically for oblivion and absolutely fuckin hated that game on basically every possible level, and still do.

morrowind was and still is the only good game bethesda ever made, almost certainly by accident.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

every game they’ve made is good!!!!

except FO4

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I love all Bethesda games equally

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I love my gen 2 700s, which is my main headset I use on PS and everything else. I don't know if I'd have the confidence in myself to fix a bricked pair though haha. Any spare parts I have are from Gen 1 Playstation models (that still work) so I really don't know how much good they would do me.

E: eh for that cheap I might just bid on those and risk trying to fix them. That would be great to have 700s for that cheap if I could get them working, but I figure at best it's a 50/50 shot. Thanks for the link. They even look pretty new/clean

But yeah they are a super comfortable headset and I love how the mic just flips into the cup. And with bass boost they have like, twice the bass of any of the official headsets I have used. They have a lot of quality control problems unfortunately though.

It's really super easy. The firmware just needs to be reflashed. The only tricky part is making sure you use the correct app as TB provides an a different one for Xbox/PS. In total it was maybe 2 minutes of time from download to completion though. If you get a set for < $20 (I paid $15.50 plus $12 shipping and didn't shop well imo) and they can't be reflashed I'd be down to buy them from you for whatever you paid. There are a couple of others out there that were $20 buy it now w/ free shipping, which is a price point I'm happy with just for the plastic bits and bobs. I've already noticed stress fractures developing in the same place on the other ear piece as well.

I can't seem to figure out how to make Windows accept the mic on my PS pair as an input device. If I get that sorted they're gonna be my work headphones. TBH they'll probably be my work headphones until I sell them.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I purchased an Xbox 360 specifically for Oblivion and loved it.

Neither of those things have aged well.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

John F Bennett posted:

I love all Bethesda games equally

this. each one goes in my garbage can with equal force

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got the Crysis Remastered Trilogy for $30 and I started Crysis 2 (since I already played Crysis 1 Remastered last year when it came out on Switch). Game still looks good for being a decade old! And it's still fun to grab enemies and throw them in the air.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

every game they’ve made is good!!!!

except FO4

My friend has been telling me that he’s organized a bunch of mods on the series X that make FO4 “so much better”. I got a chance to check them out and the poor bastard spent months downloading almost 150 mods and figuring out a load order that would work.

And it’s still Fallout 4. Like yeah, the mods help a lot by stapling on some actual RPG systems but there’s still only a handful of quests that aren’t tedious and underwritten.

But I’ve been playing New Vegas since it got the FPS bump so Xbox and Bethesda… stay winning.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

One designer made them all

Poor bastard is probably in an insane asylum now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I liked Fallout 4. The story was bad but it was fun.

highme posted:

It's really super easy. The firmware just needs to be reflashed. The only tricky part is making sure you use the correct app as TB provides an a different one for Xbox/PS. In total it was maybe 2 minutes of time from download to completion though. If you get a set for < $20 (I paid $15.50 plus $12 shipping and didn't shop well imo) and they can't be reflashed I'd be down to buy them from you for whatever you paid. There are a couple of others out there that were $20 buy it now w/ free shipping, which is a price point I'm happy with just for the plastic bits and bobs. I've already noticed stress fractures developing in the same place on the other ear piece as well.

I can't seem to figure out how to make Windows accept the mic on my PS pair as an input device. If I get that sorted they're gonna be my work headphones. TBH they'll probably be my work headphones until I sell them.

Word. Yeah I'll hit you up if I can't get them working and just charge shipping or whatever

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Downloaded EXO ONE on a whim and it’s really loving cool! The feeling of speed and scale of the planets is so good.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

veni veni veni posted:

I liked Fallout 4. The story was bad but it was fun.

Word. Yeah I'll hit you up if I can't get them working and just charge shipping or whatever

I feel like the main story was actually pretty fun and showy (for the engine) at parts. If only they put that much effort into any other story in the game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nuts and Gum posted:

Downloaded EXO ONE on a whim and it’s really loving cool! The feeling of speed and scale of the planets is so good.

It's short and sweet so it doesn't overstay its welcome, it's a perfect Game Pass game

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

this. each one goes in my garbage can with equal force

I just realised that I'll probably never play another bethesda game again....

...and I feel free

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

couldn't be me, i'll be bumping skyrim til the coffin drops

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does the bucket head trick for stealing still work in skyrim or did they make it agro npcs finally

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Bethesda games are good because no one dares rise to the challenge of a better version of them. Too busy making games where you gotta roll a lot or whatever.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Is it just me or is the Gamepass app just completely wretched and awful?

Like I'm literally installing it from a fresh install on a new computer and I'm still having all sorts of problems getting the drat thing to work.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Deptfordx posted:

Like I'm literally installing it from a fresh install on a new computer and I'm still having all sorts of problems getting the drat thing to work.

Pay the fee but then pirate less annoying copies of all the games and get halo mp on steam

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Does the bucket head trick for stealing still work in skyrim or did they make it agro npcs finally
IIRC they decided to deliberately not fix it, because it's funny. It might be a little trickier to do, though, since some physics items might slip off.

Deptfordx posted:

It's not amazing, no. Hopefully the new version they've got in testing improves matters.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zurtilik posted:

Bethesda games are good because no one dares rise to the challenge of a better version of them.

You can’t improve perfection

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Deptfordx posted:

It does look like they finally let you install the games to any folder you want at least. The future of gaming

I guess make sure the app is fully up to date :shrug:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

I'm getting the "Stuck on downloading 0%", that half the threads about game pass on the interent are complaining about.

Yes, I've updated, signed into both accounts, checked the timezones and all the other stuff, it's just not working.

I'm rememebering why I stopped renewing it in the first place.

I'm honestly tempted to just write of the 3 months I got in the Black Friday discount and just go back to Steam and never think about it again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol :qq::qq:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I can't wait for Bethesda's next big thing Starfield. I have confidence that my boy Todd will provide us with yet another fantastic Bethesda RPG experience.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John F Bennett posted:

I can't wait for Bethesda's next big thing Starfield. I have confidence that my boy Todd will provide us with yet another fantastic Bethesda RPG experience.

They call him Lyin' Todd because he's constantly lying in wait to drop another classic RPG

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

John F Bennett posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

They call him Lyin' Todd because he's constantly lying in wait to drop another classic RPG

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Deptfordx posted:

I'm getting the "Stuck on downloading 0%", that half the threads about game pass on the interent are complaining about.

Yes, I've updated, signed into both accounts, checked the timezones and all the other stuff, it's just not working.

I'm rememebering why I stopped renewing it in the first place.

I'm honestly tempted to just write of the 3 months I got in the Black Friday discount and just go back to Steam and never think about it again.

I get this about once a month. It's almost always the fault of Gaming Services. Try this out! Here's a snippet from my novel, xboxAppFuckupsTroubleshooting.txt:

code:
Error code x424: install immediately fails

* Repair/Reset "Gaming Services" app.
	- In Start->Settings->Apps, search "Gaming Services"
	- Click Advanced Options
	- Repair and Reset

* Or, manually reinstall Gaming Services.
	- run PowerShell as admin
	- get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
	- start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
	- Install Gaming Services

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
lion todd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bethesda games are very bad. I call them Badthesda.