Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

I haven't / amn't going to run the numbers, but it seems like 'feel' is the most common word to citizens, they're all looking to 'feel' something. Which tracks with their assumed being middle-aged middle management.

I think "will" is the most common word. SC "will" do this. Croberts "will" do that. This feature "will" be in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Why are all their fantasies either really tedious or rape related? There's like no in-between where you're shooting space lasers or being a space cowboy or whatever. In Star Citizen you either run the espresso cart and return to your tiny apartment satisfied with a good day's work or become the slaver overlord of gently caress system twelve that rapes and then cannibalizes the populace at large.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

.random posted:

Players have already asked if it’s ok to role play as racist against aliens and they proffered some great ideas for racist names to call them.

lol

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I definitely think anything to loving the Stimpire, but does anyone have any tips to loving it with more than your capabilities?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I just figure it's a bunch of pathetic people who want to become big shots by spending amounts of cash that nobody (sane) is willing to part with. Nothing else they've spent their discretionary $5,000 on has ever helped them feel whole, or valued, or admired. Maybe this pretend luxury spaceship will, at least among their peers in the game. It will be a status symbol, they believe, and poor people will jump at the chance to work for them just to experience life on the USS Let's Go Brandon.

Vice President
Jul 4, 2007

I'm number two around here.

Mirificus posted:

quote:

My dream is to recreate the feeling of coming home from a long trip, on foot if we're sticking to trains instead of driving home on roads through the city. You go through customs at the airport and get your stuff, then you get on the train/bus, watch the city go by, and then finally drag your tired rear end off at your stop and trudge through familiar surroundings. Into the same old lobby, over to the elevators, your floor, and finally you're there, weary but comforted by the fact that after a long day you're finally at your own door. You're at home. It's uniquely satisfying, and just imagine having your own particular place somewhere in Prime, with its own 'balcony' view over the city.

I take everything back. I want to be the customs official at the spaceport denying people entry after their 35 real-time hour voyage because of a entry visa mixup or confiscating their space goods because their space declaration paperwork wasn't completed in the arbitrary fashion I'm going by today. Unless you slip me some spacebucks tucked inside your passport. Look buddy if your cargo hold is filled with hookers and they run out of air because I impounded your spacecruiser it's not my problem.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Where is SC sitting in regards to NFTs? Two awful flavours that are awful regardless.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

syntaxfunction posted:

Where is SC sitting in regards to NFTs? Two awful flavours that are awful regardless.

They're pretty much the same, aren't they? Online jpegs bought for thousands of dollars that are completely worthless.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Vice President posted:

I take everything back. I want to be the customs official at the spaceport denying people entry after their 35 real-time hour voyage because of a entry visa mixup or confiscating their space goods because their space declaration paperwork wasn't completed in the arbitrary fashion I'm going by today. Unless you slip me some spacebucks tucked inside your passport. Look buddy if your cargo hold is filled with hookers and they run out of air because I impounded your spacecruiser it's not my problem.

Honestly this would be amazing

"I'll need you to come to this room for a customs check sit" *proceeds to lock the door and beat the poo poo out of the victim, stealing all their poo poo*

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
“Sir I’m afraid there’s a problem with your visa, I’ll need you to sit in this child containment device while we sort it out.”

.random
May 7, 2007

Except in the ‘Verse, I will demand to speak with your space manager and get you in such space trouble! Once the case goes in front of the space customs labor union arbitration board several real-world months later, you will be reprimanded and maybe even be let go and then no quanta ever will hire you.

Eventually, you’ll come crawling back to me. I’ll magnanimously allow you to mop the floors of my Idris. But know that I could have your entire family killed with the snap of my fingers. Everyone you have ever loved, gone, in an instant. And know that they continue to live at my pleasure. Know this.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Lol you think I’ll let you talk to anyone once I take all your poo poo and stuff you into a locker until you starve.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Vice President posted:

People are going to be jumping at the SC TSA jobs.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

Organ harvesting gameplay when?

quote:

I hope they add this. Would add a type of seriousness to the game. Besides if sc was real there would be all type of gruesome poo poo happening.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
These people are loving degenerates and it makes me angry.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

I mean honestly no one in their right mind would spend $5-10k USD on spaceship jpgs so it's good that Croberts is getting their money and they're not spending it on transforming their basement into a rape dungeon or something equally terrifying

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Pennywise the Frown posted:

These people are loving degenerates and it makes me angry.

Harsh consequences are something we all desire (except you)

.random
May 7, 2007

You know what they say: Pennywise pound (:q:) foolish

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Thats what this whimsical, paint by numbers, space opera needs to really make it a thought provoking masterpiece of the ages; organ harvesting, slavery and rape.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Paying $10,000 for a fancy spaceship so I can roofie an NPC and date rape her in my space Camaro but it turns out her NPC dad is a cop and my character and goes to space jail for the rest of my character's life (all prison sentences are served in realtime and users are banned from registering new accounts while imprisoned. Oh also Star Citizen will take the user to court IRL and have them sentenced to have to log into their account and pace their character's cell for at least two hours every day).

This is the level of realism I demand.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Why would there be organ harvesting? IRL harvesting viable organs takes a skilled medical team hours. Even then it's done on people who are brain dead but still on life support in a sterile environment, not dead dead corpses that have been laying on a dirty floor. Corpses that could be infected with space hepatitis or something. Nobody is going to want dubious random organs harvested by amateurs.

It's the future. Future medial suppliers should be able to grow or manufacture universal donor organs by then. Probably even be able to grow you clones of your own organs. That way you get your new organ with basically no chance of rejection so you don't need to take immune-suppression drugs for the rest of your life.

It's not just edgy for the sake of edgy, it even doesn't make sense.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why would there be organ harvesting? IRL harvesting viable organs takes a skilled medical team hours. Even then it's done on people who are brain dead but still on life support in a sterile environment, not dead dead corpses that have been laying on a dirty floor. Corpses that could be infected with space hepatitis or something. Nobody is going to want dubious random organs harvested by amateurs.

demonstrably incorrect

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's the future. Future medial suppliers should be able to grow or manufacture universal donor organs by then. Probably even be able to grow you clones of your own organs. That way you get your new organ with basically no chance of rejection so you don't need to take immune-suppression drugs for the rest of your life.

You could have machines that take them out but then that kind of blows the whole person needing to man the snack bar fantasy out of the water if machines are going to be that useful.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Facebook Aunt posted:

Organ harvesting isn't about harvesting viable organs, it's about torturing people.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
After reading some of these Star Citizen quotes, I think I finally understand what it means for someone to love something with more than their abilities.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

Corpses that could be infected with space hepatitis or something.

I can’t wait to unknowingly catch space aids while hunting and butchering giant gorillasauruses on safari on some backwoods planet with thousands of miles of handcrafted wilderness and wildlife.

From there, I’ll spread space aids to every space rapist I can find.

.random
May 7, 2007

Show me any other game where you can spread sexually transmitted space infections to space rapists and organ thieves. You can’t, can you?

And you people wonder why this game has $400+ million in backer support.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

.random posted:

Show me any other game where you can spread sexually transmitted space infections to space rapists and organ thieves. You can’t, can you?

Uhhh was there any other way I was supposed to play Kerbal Space Program? :confused:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Rimworld has organ harvesting.

You select the operation from a drop down menu, and a little box appears next to the patient when you’re done. You can then put those organs, or artificial ones, in other people. Or sell them.

Rimworld is also a game you can actually play. And harvesting organ can gently caress up your game real bad, because people don’t like when you just do crimes against humanity.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

Well nobody claimed they were using them for organ transplants.

Forbidden space haggis could well be a high commodity.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

syntaxfunction posted:

I assume there's some crossover
https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/currencies/metaverse-luxury-mega-yacht-sandbox-gaming-republic-realm-fantasy-2021-11

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Vice President posted:

I would play Space Papers Please.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Chitin posted:

I would play Space Papers Please.

It's called Mind Scanners and it's sorta meh.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Chris Roberts is actually small time

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/currencies/metaverse-luxury-mega-yacht-sandbox-gaming-republic-realm-fantasy-2021-11

quote:

A mega yacht just sold for around $650,000, making it the most expensive non-fungible token ever sold in The Sandbox virtual gaming world.

The Metaflower Super Mega Yacht was purchased for 149 ether, according to etherscan. It is described as an ultra-luxury megayacht, featuring a DJ booth, two helipads, and a hot tub, among other amenities. HypeBeast was the first to report.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGdCIAZM9J8

https://twitter.com/joinrepublic_re/status/1463301084512931841?s=20

Phil Moscowitz fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 29, 2021

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

quote:

If I redid the verse I could imagine a situation where humans expand and are over resources and tech while alien tech is introduced to fuel a civil war among houses expansions and this availability of tech is the resource to fight over further, from allies to direct confiscation and replication which leads into a much larger war between aliens and humans as well.

So then the field of the galaxy is a battle front of tech and resources, civil conflict and tension across all races involved. Even threats are means of resources technology wise etc and the galaxy is upside down because humans became apart of the picture on both or many fronts.

What a story base.

It would be ***** citizen. An alter more elaborate and expansive universe. That represents the dark and light of our introduction into the arena of expansion.

Edit: Man I’d make a loving a universe. These guys have the resources etc. Be cool to be a CR but do stuff differently. I’d be cool w/people too. Idk how he is irl but I’d be up to host meetings over drinks and nice venues. The first few times people wanna just chill but after a bit in vip it’s just work in a nice place. It’s for the fans, w/out em we’d be nothing. A career to live for sure.

Edit: I’d make it an actual verse too w/all content required to fit the theme. I wouldn’t dumb it down to cater to kids to play for pedos to meet kids online w/. It would me for a mature audience, privately backed to cater specifically for the mature audience interested in an exclusive space themed universe.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the real crime would be not putting rape in the game, because then kids might play it and get exposed to other star citizen players, by which i of course mean pedophiles

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

STARCITIZEN: an exciting time for every member of the Fantasy Community.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

sebmojo posted:

STARCITIZEN: an exciting time for every member of the Fantasy Community.

:hmmyes:

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Some friends started playing SC now. I already got a pitch about how awesome it is so I asked them to stream in discord. The first thing I saw them waking up and falling through the bunkbed into the void.

Then they proceeded to ride a space metro but couldn't get out on their stop because it didn't exist at that particular point in time. Like the stop didn't render for both of them. They kept riding until it did. Good that it only has 4 stops.

The person who recruited these two got some insurance out of it for free. He wanted it for his 1000 eur ship he bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Vic posted:

Some friends started playing SC now. I already got a pitch about how awesome it is so I asked them to stream in discord. The first thing I saw them waking up and falling through the bunkbed into the void.

Then they proceeded to ride a space metro but couldn't get out on their stop because it didn't exist at that particular point in time. Like the stop didn't render for both of them. They kept riding until it did. Good that it only has 4 stops.

The person who recruited these two got some insurance out of it for free. He wanted it for his 1000 eur ship he bought.

my favorite SC experience was taking the train to some kind of mall where they had indoor fitness. The concept was neat, but what made it extra fun was when the random joggers that were on the indoor track in the fitness center started following me lemming style into the rest of the map. They randomly glitched into other NPCs, and I found out I could sort of guide them around like a weapon and cause havoc.