Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1465329804421521417?t=hDuRrp0QMbYifAuQuW4FcA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
ahhahahahahahaha I was about to post this but :sickos:

maybe now it'll become a functional platform, as by most accounts he's been the main obstacle to kicking nazis and poo poo off the site

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

He's literally on stairs in the post about him 'stepping down'.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Seth Pecksniff posted:

ahhahahahahahaha I was about to post this but :sickos:

maybe now it'll become a functional platform, as by most accounts he's been the main obstacle to kicking nazis and poo poo off the site

It'll always be poo poo, much like every other social media platform ever created

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Everyone is buying up the twitter stock hoping the next CEO will go in with the goal of selling out to Facebook or Google.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Everyone is buying up the twitter stock hoping the next CEO will go in with the goal of selling out to Facebook or Google.

CNBC is reporting that the next CEO's goals are to double revenue and increase membership to like 315 million plus by 2023 which is.... dubious, to say the least

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/29/twitter-ceo-jack-dorsey-is-expected-to-step-down-sources-say.html

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

CNBC is reporting that the next CEO's goals are to double revenue and increase membership to like 315 million plus by 2023 which is.... dubious, to say the least

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/29/twitter-ceo-jack-dorsey-is-expected-to-step-down-sources-say.html

selling the company to facebook would achieve both of those goals
i am VERY smart

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I’m not sure there are actual legitimate twitter users at all anymore. It’s a social network of bots and “influencers”. And ofc something awful posters posting hot takes from bots and influencers.

pop punk
Jun 26, 2018

:420::420::420:

GolfHole posted:

selling the company to facebook would achieve both of those goals
i am VERY smart

With how much scrutiny Facebook is under there is no way that sale would go through. It would be very interesting to see google buy it maybe.

Social media is a grift anyways. The idea that they could significantly increase numbers doesn’t even sound useful. They should lean in on their most intense addicts at this point.

pop punk
Jun 26, 2018

:420::420::420:

Sophy Wackles posted:

I’m not sure there are actual legitimate twitter users at all anymore. It’s a social network of bots and “influencers”. And ofc something awful posters posting hot takes from bots and influencers.

A lot of people in entertainment and publishing believe you have to be on it to succeed so it’s actually massive with those people. It makes sense because every editor in book publishing is posting 24/7, but it really seems like a place to show editors you are having mental breakdowns on the reg and call people you used to work with names so you can’t be trusted.

I would be really interested to see the number of actual consumers on the site. It’s higher than you might think, but their engagement is absurdly low.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Jack Dorsey should be the name of a friendly dolphin or beluga whale.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
lol lowtax probably could have gotten unbanned

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Sophy Wackles posted:

jack sell Twitter to getfiscal

let him reign supreme

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

my dog died im sad posted:

Jack Dorsey should be the name of a friendly dolphin or beluga whale.

I was thinking more like friendly wildlife show host.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Hope he gets gently massaged by nazis.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

i guess this means jack was getting in the way of exciting monetezation ideas. finally twitter will be more friendly to the brands.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shouldn't have gone public before going full Howard Hughes.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Maybe nazis will finally get punish:lmao: I can’t do it, I can’t finish saying it.

:matters:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

"In wake of CEO Jack Dorsey stepping down, Twitter board approves namechange to "[n-word].com"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

You Are A Elf posted:

Maybe nazis will finally get punish:lmao: I can’t do it, I can’t finish saying it.

:matters:

What if it attracts more nazis somehow.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Now he can be a full-time Nazi instead of a full-time Nazi-enabler.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So long, let every door hit your worthless rear end on the way out

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Maybe they shouldn't have let a homeless person be CEO.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

He's also some crypto bro so you can probably NFT your tweets or some dumb poo poo

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

EorayMel posted:

What if it attracts more nazis somehow.

Yup:

https://twitter.com/DanielNewman/status/1465347427570003968?s=20

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

He's also some crypto bro so you can probably NFT your tweets or some dumb poo poo

Hell yeah he's gonna drive Twitter into the ground

I love this idea

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Hell yeah he's gonna drive Twitter into the ground

I love this idea

Are those dumb enough to be invested in Twitter stock smart enough to dump it before Captain NFT performs a solo version of "The Aristocrats" all over a company? We'll soon find out!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
LOL the white supremacists are melting down that Twitter is gonna be run by a BBIMP lollllll

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
They would exceed all their revenue targets if they had the balls to charge $10 for an account and to unban your account after it is suspended.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what kind of pathetic founder doesn't keep hold of a majority of shares to prevent the board from firing them? that's as dumb as voluntary nuclear disarmament.

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

I think this thread should be about nuclear weapons now. Personally, im pro nuking new york, washington dc and LA

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Welp.

The only reason I'd give a poo poo if there was a new CEO is if they addressed the nazi/republican problem. So I guess that's not going to happen.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/paraga/status/28773976508
caliente

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
Guess starving himself so he could could feel special was never good enough.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:byewhore:
Still not coming back but I'm glad he's out.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

They would exceed all their revenue targets if they had the balls to charge $10 for an account and to unban your account after it is suspended.

Trump could be Twitter's Dare.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
In the world of late stage capitalism, the most important thing is making stock prices go up, so a 10% increase means the almighty shareholders have spoken and they want that fucker gone.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Stock is now down 1.6% from where it opened, lol. Good job algos

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
shitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Yvershek posted:

Guess starving himself so he could could feel special was never good enough.

:raise: