Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Lawman 0 posted:

The audio is completely desynced lol.
It's basically unwatchable.

This seems like it might be a client issue on your end. Have you tried watching from another device or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

Lawman 0 posted:

Yeah I've had to just download a few episodes. It doesn't matter if I use the app or browser. The back half of season 2 hasn't been bad overall. But yeah it sucks.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
s02e18 – Confessions and Lamentations
  • Oh, Sheridan is a lefty, I didn't realize that before.
  • Oh good, a highly deadly and contagious disease plot :ohdear:
  • Oh good, a highly deadly and contagious disease that's being politicized
  • Wasn't expecting them to literally kill off all of the Markab, drat
  • Not a bad episode, but throwing in a one-shot episode right now feels like it's really slamming on the brakes. But again, it seems like a lot of the episodes

s02e19 – The Long, Twilight Struggle
  • Centauri Prime is slightly more than a throne and some sheets this time
  • I'm glad Londo isn't going to just move on from his friend's death
  • Londo's scene with Refa gave me a thought – If Morden is a human, there could definitely be other characters in league with the Shadows. They've got the log of everyone who was on the Icarus, but it's not unreasonable that other people may have gone.
  • The return of Draal! And it sounds like we're going back the The Machine
  • Oh poo poo, Londo's about to make another deal with the devil.
  • Well, Mollari, you got what you wanted, dickbag
  • Gonna be some sweet revenge when Londo and G'Kar finally strangle each other
  • Alright, the Ranger gang is all together now.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

HBO hosed up the order there. "Divided Loyalties" was before "The Long, Twilight Struggle" in the original broadcast order.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Lawman 0 posted:

:mad:

That's no good!

discoukulele posted:

Yeah I've had to just download a few episodes. It doesn't matter if I use the app or browser. The back half of season 2 hasn't been bad overall. But yeah it sucks.
That's no good at all!

I assume being a legitimate streaming service, there's no option to just download the raw files and play them in your own video player, where you could adjust the audio sync manually? I'm used to problems like this with :filez:, and they're easily solved once you find the setting, but not with discs or streaming options.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

Vavrek posted:

I assume being a legitimate streaming service, there's no option to just download the raw files and play them in your own video player, where you could adjust the audio sync manually? I'm used to problems like this with :filez:, and they're easily solved once you find the setting, but not with discs or streaming options.

Yeah, there's no way to rip it from what I can tell. There were a couple of episodes in Season 1 where it was awful to the point where it was unwatchable. Season 2, when it's been bad, has mostly just been off enough for everyone to look like they were dubbed.

discoukulele fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 28, 2021

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

discoukulele posted:

s02e18 – Confessions and Lamentations
  • Oh, Sheridan is a lefty, I didn't realize that before.
  • Oh good, a highly deadly and contagious disease plot :ohdear:
  • Oh good, a highly deadly and contagious disease that's being politicized
  • Wasn't expecting them to literally kill off all of the Markab, drat
  • Not a bad episode, but throwing in a one-shot episode right now feels like it's really slamming on the brakes. But again, it seems like a lot of the episodes

discoukulele posted:

s02e12 – Acts of Sacrifice

[*]Random thought that I had while watching the Lumari's visit (as news about Omicron was popping up irl) - Do any space opera series get into detail about how they handle mixing new species together without massive outbreaks of new diseases? I mean, we killed the Martians with bacteria in War of the Worlds.

Well, you kind of got what you asked for

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Confessions and Lamentations was largely an AIDS commentary at the time obviously.

But it sure did hit different rewatching it last year.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
s02e20 – Divided Loyalties
  • It's really interesting that because of the way Minbari society is, Delenn can get info more easily from Earth sources
  • Well yay, obviously Talia needed to join the secret club
  • Oh hey Lyta is back! And scanning Kosh left permanent damage.
  • Secret traitor reveal! gently caress, who's it gonna be? And they're a naive sleeper
  • Lyta is headed for Vorlon space and she thinks she'll be welcomed
  • lmao butt chat
  • Lesbian representation! (end of episode edit: of course it has to get twisted)
  • The Minbari are wanting to establish trade relations with the Lumari
  • Ivanova has a :siren:dark secret :siren: that she's been hiding
  • Ohhh she's a latent telepath! (also clearly a coming out allegory rn)
  • Oh no! It's Talia! D: Oh gently caress and she has Ironheart's gift! And she knows like everything.
  • and of course more Kosh mystery

s02e21 – Comes the Inquisitor
  • Kosh is bringing in an Inquisitor to see if Delenn is the right person for the work
  • G'Kar is arming the Narn
  • The Vorlons have had contact with other humans. The Inquisitor is from London 1888; he's been kept in preservation and they bring him out whenever they need him
  • Garibaldi helps G'Kar find lower-key black market routes for weapons
  • I love Vir's scene with G'Kar. I'm hoping and guessing that Vir will end up backstabbing Londo for the Narn at some point.
  • ugh I'm ready for something good to happen to Delenn. She's been really put-upon this season.
  • ugh can he not just put her hand in the box and be done with it?
  • The Rangers got confirmation of survivors on Narn, which also opens up a weapons route. G'Kar's leadership is secured.
  • lol the Inquisitor is Jack the Ripper :wtc:

s02e22 – The Fall of Night
  • Aww, I love Vir and Lennier's moment together
  • Alright, so it looks like the Centauri aren't going to stop with the Narn
  • And now the MiniPax is showing up
  • Oh gently caress, Earth-Centauri alliance
  • Oof this standoff over the Narn ship. poo poo's gettin real.
  • First exchange of fire with the Centauri on the eve of the creation of the Alliance
  • Botched assassination attempt against Sheridan by the Centauri
  • aaahahahaha at the jumping-out-of-the-monorail effects
  • Oh poo poo, Angel Kosh :O
  • So everyone's minds interpret the Vorlons according to their own culture. Londo claims to have not seen anything. - Awhile back, Kosh something about how everyone will recognize him.
  • Centauri are expanding their campaign against the other species, Earth is using the MiniPax to squash dissention.
  • Keffer's Shadow ship video got publicly broadcast

s03e01 – Matters of Honor
  • Revealing himself exhausted Kosh. No one knows it was him.
  • more “You have always been here” business
  • There's been a very noticeable budget increase this season
  • Earth Special Intelligence makes a surprise visit as a mysterious person from another sector shows up.
  • Oh, Londo, I don't think you can just breakup with the Shadows, hun.
  • Most people don't know that alcohol has some kind of negative effect on Minbari
  • Ranger badges are cooled in Holy Water, Minbari Blood, and Human Blood. When the wearer dies it weaps blood and tears.
  • the dude came from Zagros VII in Drazi space where there's a training camp. There's other ones. The Centauri seem to be going after them.
  • Morden is working with Refa. There's a specific planet that the Shadows are targeting - Zagros VII
  • Sheridan is given control of the White Star, which is a combination of Vorlon and Minbari tech. It was designed by and is crewed by the Religious Caste
  • G'Kar's telling Endawi that the Shadows are evil, and I bet Earth is going to jump at the chance to partner up with them.
  • Hell yeah the White Star is holding its own against the Shadows
  • Okay, so Earth/Psi Corps is already in league with the Shadows
  • Official Anti-Shadow War Council established

discoukulele fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 29, 2021

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
poo poo'S GETTIN' REAL, IT'S SEASON 3 TIME.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

discoukulele posted:

s03e01 – Matters of Honor
  • Revealing himself exhausted Kosh. No one knows it was him.
  • more “You have always been here” business
  • There's been a very noticeable budget increase this season
  • Earth Special Intelligence makes a surprise visit as a mysterious person from another sector shows up.
  • Oh, Londo, I don't think you can just breakup with the Shadows, hun.
  • Most people don't know that alcohol has some kind of negative effect on Minbari
  • Ranger badges are cooled in Holy Water, Minbari Blood, and Human Blood. When the wearer dies it weaps blood and tears.
  • the dude came from Zagros VII in Drazi space where there's a training camp. There's other ones. The Centauri seem to be going after them.
  • Morden is working with Refa. There's a specific planet that the Shadows are targeting - Zagros VII
  • Sheridan is given control of the White Star, which is a combination of Vorlon and Minbari tech. It was designed by and is crewed by the Religious Caste
  • G'Kar's telling Endawi that the Shadows are evil, and I bet Earth is going to jump at the chance to partner up with them.
  • Hell yeah the White Star is holding its own against the Shadows
  • Okay, so Earth/Psi Corps is already in league with the Shadows
  • Official Anti-Shadow War Council established

You haven't mentioned it, so i'm not sure if you've even seen them. But have you been watching the intros?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

IT FAILED

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie

CainFortea posted:

You haven't mentioned it, so i'm not sure if you've even seen them. But have you been watching the intros?

I watched the Season 2 intro a couple of times, but I totally skipped over the Season 3 one for the first episode so I just went back and watched it - Sweet, we get an Ivanova narration and totally new music, too! I also love the transition from "B5 is our last best hope for peace" -> "B5 was our last best hope for peace" -> "B5 is our last best hope for victory" transition.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DUN DUN BWARRR DUN DUN BWARR

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

discoukulele posted:

I totally skipped over

Wrong show for that. It truly is the wrong show for that.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Even if I'm binge watching (for any show), I at least watch the opening theme once to start the session, and the closing theme at the end, not to mention the different ones each season in B5. These are vital parts of the viewing experience and I'll hear no different.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

sebmojo posted:

DUN DUN BWARRR DUN DUN BWARR

discoukulele posted:

s02e20 – Divided Loyalties

"Let's make a serial killer torture people"

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

discoukulele posted:

s02e21 – Comes the Inquisitor

It's a contractual obligation of some kind. Every science fiction television show has to involve Jack the Ripper. There's no other explanation.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Alhazred posted:

"Let's make a serial killer torture people"

Wrong vorlon, haven't met him yet

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Wrong vorlon, haven't met him yet

Don't talk about upcoming stuff in this thread please

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
s03e02 – Convictions
  • Religious folks are coming to B5 after angelic appearance
  • “Zack, explain the missionary, uh, position works”
  • :siren: bomb in Downbelow :siren:
  • c'mon y'all, clearly it was a bomb.
  • unpopular opinion maybe but I actually really enjoy plots that blend science fiction and spirituality if they're done well. I'm also always really interested in seeing how current religions have evolved over the centuries, especially in light of contact with other species and whatnot. Judaism seems largely unchanged, and it appears that monastic Christianity hasn't really changed a lot, either.
  • I'm a relatively new Trekkie. I mentioned earlier that I'd been watching TNG for the first time before I started B5. I've been really looking forward to DS9 because I've been told that I'm going to really dig it, and I'm gathering it's because of the politics and spiritual themes. I'm also curious to see how it ends up comparing to B5 since I've heard there are some major similarities.
  • :siren: a 2nd bomb has hit B5 :siren:
  • It's good to see that Londo still has some amount of empathy left in him
  • :siren: bomb #3 :siren:
  • And now Londo and G'Kar are trapped together. I'm loving it.
  • The bomber is Robert Carlson, an engineer
  • And yay, Lennier is fine

s03e03 – A Day in the Strife
  • Traffic is slowing down since they have to search every ship for weapons
  • Na'Far arrives to be G'Kar's replacement. He's a pragmatic anti-insurrectionist
  • Did Franklin just do a line in the bathroom?
  • Londo's attempting to pawn off Vir to the Minbari. I would actually love it if Vir ends up away from Londo and with them.
  • Yep Franklin's doin uppers

• Ohhh Na'Far's bodyguard is the Narn from the Streib ship
  • Facing down an alien probe that's going to explode if I get math problems wrong is another way that I don't want to die in space.
  • G'Kar's “Oh Captain, My Captain” scene :*)
  • I like that Franklin's stim abuse isn't just wrapped up in one nice little after-school special.
  • And Vir is off to Minbar

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

sebmojo posted:

Don't talk about upcoming stuff in this thread please

But pictures are fine :v:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Here's the thread to generally shitpost about B5 in, idiot. Blind watchers, I recommend not going there until you're done because anything goes there.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
s02e04 – Passing Through Gethsemane
  • “If you're going to sin you may as well go for one of the really big ones."
  • The return of Lyta! And now she's working for Kosh
  • I love that the monks do data transfer
  • Brother Edward sees the words “Death walks among you” on his wall. It disappears.
  • Nice little scene with the Minbari team and Edward discussing religion. We got to find out a little more about the Minbari religion.
  • Edward has a hallucinatory freakout, hears the name “Charlie”, and finds the body of a dead woman with a black rose in her mouth.
  • Oh poo poo! Edward was the Black Rose Killer and he's been mind-wiped
  • Someone is gaslighting him – turns out its the loved ones of his victims
  • hell yes Lyta with the chains off
  • how many people have been crucified on this torture-rack thing so far? That's where Sheridan got hung up in the last episode with a serial killer.
  • oh hey random thought – Garibaldi said in this episode that they do mind-wiping instead of the death penalty now. But I thought they had previously mentioned spacing for things like treason, and I thought they had said murder then, too.
  • This Lyta / Kosh scene is some kind of astral sex thing, isn't it?

Obligatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptfZ3IPkAOY

s32e05 – Voices of Authority
  • There may be other old races around besides the Shadows and Vorlons
  • So we're going to try contacting the First Ones who may or may not be Lovecraftian entities
  • Well, if G'Kar has managed to find out about the Rangers, that doesn't bode well
  • The Senate oversight committee has assigned a Night Watch political officer (Musante) to keep tabs on Sheridan and to keep him in line
  • She's going to use Zach as an informant
  • I both love and hate Musante's HR schtick
  • Ivanova's gets to step into the machine. She seens Sigma 957. The First Ones are coming back again soon. Ivanova sees “The Enemy” there, who sees her and knows her name. Ivanova sees Earth Force Once before it's destruction and sees video footage confirming that Clark was involved in Santiago's assassination. Ivanova's latent telepathy seems to have played a role in this experience.
  • Earth getting authoritarian. A purge is coming.
  • Ivanova takes the White Star and encouters one of the First Ones in a trippy space ship. The creature gets upset at the mention of the Vorlons. Ivanova secures their support.
  • Sheridan and Garibaldi release the assassination evidence. Musante gets recalled to Earth.
  • Zack getting suspicious of Garibaldi. Interesting dynamic with him being both Night Watch and Garibaldi's subordinate. Zack tells Musante about “Code 7R”.

s03e06 - Dust to Dust
  • Bester is returning to B5, chasing a dangerous individual again
  • normies can get temporary telepathy with Dust
  • Ivanova almost blows up Bester's ship
  • Talia got dissected RIP
  • The Centauri are continuing to try to create a buffer zone in Drazi space. It's not going well.
  • Vir continues to be naive about Londo
  • Bester hunting down a major Dust distributor who might be using it as a weapon
  • lmao and of course G'Kar is going for it – there are no known Narn telepaths and no one knows what Dust would do to a Narn, so of course G'Kar gonna snort it
  • set and setting dude, c'mon
  • I can't tell if Bester was being serious with his response to the pinata comment (“So you think I'm something bright and cheerful?”) but I would love it if he really can't read subtext without his telepathy
  • Londo got hosed up, and G'Kar is getting a look at his obvious Napoleon complex
  • Oh gently caress, G'Kar knows everything now - “I'll take it from you neuron by neuron” :yeshaha:
  • I love this scene between G'Kar and his father. I'm really liking this turn that his character is taking.
  • This episode speaks to my personal opinion that psychedelics could lead to world peace
  • I'm assuming Kosh played a role in G'Kar's vision of his father?
  • G'Kar gets a 2-month sentence, but at least he's not being banished or anything
  • G'Kar says that he doesn't need his religious text - ”I am now somewhat closer to the source”
  • And of course the Psi Corps was behind Dust the entire time
  • I think this was one of my favorite episodes so far. I loved G'Kar's plot and his character development. I'm always a sucker for an idealistic “people choosing nonviolence” narrative. Unfortunately, that path is clearly doomed for him since he's destined to strangle Londo eventually as we've already seen. Also, pivotal encounter with his father may have been induced by Kosh.

s03e07 – Exogenesis
  • The cute C&C dude got a promotion
  • Ohh gonna be a body horror episode
  • Shadows are amassing on the Centauri border. A “package” from Mars is due to arrive soon.
  • RIP Duncan
  • lmao does Corwin think Ivanova wants to bone him?
  • Garibaldi is totally unfazed by weird poo poo going on in the lurker area - I still really like him but I get disappointed every time he acts like a cop ugh
  • Corwin can't be trusted to join the secret club and Ivanova did an awful job of being subtle about it
  • Oh wow, so this species uses people who have no reason to live anyways so they're willing to volunteer
  • I really hope we get to see more of the lurkers. If the secret club wants to create a better future, they need to start at home.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

discoukulele posted:

[*] oh hey random thought – Garibaldi said in this episode that they do mind-wiping instead of the death penalty now. But I thought they had previously mentioned spacing for things like treason, and I thought they had said murder then, too.

Civilians can't be executed. The worst they get is Death of Personality. Military justice, on the other hand, still allows for death by spacing for capital crimes. Since Jack was a member of EarthForce when he shot Garibaldi, he's up for a spacing.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

discoukulele posted:

[*] New drinking game – every time there's a dramatic orchestra hit
https://i.imgur.com/VUjlOnF.mp4

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

discoukulele posted:

s03e02 – Convictions
unpopular opinion maybe but I actually really enjoy plots that blend science fiction and spirituality if they're done well.

discoukulele posted:

:hmmyes:

And the Army of Lovers video has more concentrated horny energy than all 5 series of B5 put together

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MrL_JaKiri posted:

:hmmyes:

And the Army of Lovers video has more concentrated horny energy than all 5 series of B5 put together

i always thought sinclair had Powerful gently caress Energy, which may be an unpopular opinion idk

sheridan is more like someone who once read a dirty limerick and feels guilty every time they remember it

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

sebmojo posted:

i always thought sinclair had Powerful gently caress Energy, which may be an unpopular opinion idk

I put it to you that actually having sex is different from having horny energy

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I put it to you that actually having sex is different from having horny energy

are you saying that commander sinclair, did not gently caress? bc that is a major representation i will have to ponder

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

sebmojo posted:

are you saying that commander sinclair, did not gently caress? bc that is a major representation i will have to ponder

Oh no the opposite

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
My best friend is a big sci-fi nerd and he started rewatching B5 around the time that I started my first watch. So we've been hanging out this afternoon and watched the next couple of episodes together. :woop:

s03e08 – A Messages From Earth
  • lmao at how over the top this Marcus fight scene is
  • It sounds like Earth is starting to go after thought crimes like they mentioned a few episodes ago
  • Little personal disclosure, but I'm a Quaker, so I'm digging Friend G'Kar's current arc of listening to the silence and choosing nonviolence, etc
  • Dr. Mary Kirkish has arrived with Marcus' help. Her team found the ruins of a Shadow ship on Mars 12 years ago, so Earth has obviously known about them for awhile. And of course we already know that Earth is in league with them, or at least we know that Clark was working with Morden
  • Touching the ship kills you.
  • Another Shadow ship appeared and freed the “ruined” ship
  • Psi Corps is involved (duh) and another ship has been found on Ganymede
  • Sheridan's going to try to destroy the ship on Ganymede
  • The pro-Clark conspiracy theorie are feeling very Q
  • These loving beds on this ship are why people stay up for 30+ hours
  • So apparently Shadow ships have living beings at their core; when you pilot one you merge with it.
  • Woot! Destroyed a Shadow on Jupiter
  • Ah gently caress it's the Agamemnon and Sheridan's crew is going to get blamed for the attack on Ganymede
  • aaaaand martial law declared

s03e09 – Point of No return
  • Earth is in a major upheaval, the Senate is disbanded, etc
  • General Hague is missing and allegedly getting a counter strike ready
  • omg it's Lawaxana Troi! I didn't recognize her at all (my friend had to point it out)
  • Ah gently caress, Nightwatch takeover
  • Propaganda posters poppin up all over B5 now
  • lmao I was just told that Zack is Kenickie from Grease
  • Garibaldi's table flip yassss
  • Garibaldi got fired which is about the least-bad thing that could happen to him right now. I'm sure he's on a list now. Kenickie got promoted.
  • Poor Vir :(
  • aaaaand everything's going to hell
  • Aw yay, Kenickie is one of the good guys now.
  • Sheridan trying to rules-lawyer the fascists :rolleyes:
  • I loving love this alliance with the Narn
  • Mollari had 3 chances to get off of this path, but now he only has one – save the eye that cannot see, not kill the one who is already dead, and submit to his fear
  • oh gently caress Vir is going to be emperor :O (lmao literally shouted “oh gently caress!”) - this is starting to feel extremely MacBeth
  • And Friend G'Kar is finally going to join the secret circle

discoukulele fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 2, 2021

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

discoukulele posted:

lmao I was just told that Zack is Kenickie from Grease

IIRC, Conaway was a superfan of the show who talked his way into a cameo, and was basically in the right place at the right time when the actor who was supposed to have Zack's arc decided he didn't want the job.

Just another one of those stories where B5 just got absurdly lucky in terms of casting.

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
s03e10 – Severed Dreams
  • General Hague's ship has taken heavy damage; it's obviously going to be a big deal if they come to B5
  • Mars is rebelling, as they should
  • Earth attacks Mars, ugh
  • The Churchill arrives
  • People on Mars are declaring independence
  • Earth is cracking down on all of their colonies and is going to attempt to seize B5 and replace Sheridan with the Nightwatch
  • B5 officially rebelling
  • Alright, Delenn's getting 5 of the 9 to follow her to war
  • Sheridan got to meet with his dad :*(
  • poo poo's hosed uppp now
  • Earth is trying to smack B5 tf down; B5 has declared independence
  • B5 survives the fight with the help of the Minbari

s03e11 – Ceremonies of Light and Dark
  • Londo and Refa have a major disagreement about how their various wars are going. Londo poisons Refa to guarantee his obedience.
  • Delenn's is prepping for a rebirthing ceremony and it sounds like it's an opportunity for people to process everything that has happened recently
  • Delenn got captured by the remaining Nightwatch people
  • I always forget how tough Lennier actually is
  • Lennier loves Delenn which has always been obvious tbqh
  • Oh gently caress, Delenn :(
  • Okay, good, Delenn is presumably going to be okay
  • Aww Sheridan finally opening up to Delenn
  • Oh hey, everyone got new uniforms!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

discoukulele posted:

• Oh hey, everyone got new uniforms!
And they're really ugly

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

discoukulele posted:

s03e10 – Severed Dreams
  • General Hague's ship has taken heavy damage; it's obviously going to be a big deal if they come to B5

Remember upthread the chat about fortuitous casting? Major Ryan was supposed to be played by hardass Everett McGill, but when JMS asked for "that McGill guy" they got much cuddlier Bruce McGill by mistake. But it works out really well.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Alhazred posted:

And they're really ugly

FALSE STATEMENT.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Alhazred posted:

And they're really ugly

:wrong:

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
s03e12 – Sic Transit Vir
  • Hell yeah, I'm assuming it's a Vir episode!
  • Interesting shifts with the Centauri – allegedly moving towards truth vs. delusion/propaganda, at least among the leaders
  • Londo's trying to CK3 a marriage between Vir and Lyndisty
  • lmao “I have to kill it before it develops language skills”
  • Vir's doing an underground railroad of Narns
  • Aw, Sheridan trying to make Flarn
  • oh god Vir asking Ivanova about sex
  • ugh and of course Lyndisty is a racist. Oh and good lord she's psychotic lmao
  • Also I'm hoping/assuming that the prophecy from a couple episodes ago means that Londo will die on the throne and Vir will inherit and guide the Centauri into a more peaceful and diplomatic society
  • Vir lost his post at Minbar and is going to be under Londo's thumb for re-education
  • and Abrahamo Lincolni lives on!
  • oh god is Vir going to try to fix her? Ugh

s03e13 - A Late Delivery from Avalon
  • It's Michael-loving-York!
  • Banta Flu is spreading in the Downbelow
  • and Michael York is King Arthur

• lmao i'm sorry this plot is so corny
  • Ohh Michael York was actually the captain responsible for the Earth-Minbari War
  • :woop: defense pact with a lot of the League
  • and yay, Michael York got peace and forgiveness and all that

s03e14 – Ship of Tears
  • ISN is back on TV woop. Lmao and now it's even more of a propaganda hub.
  • lmao the return of Bester!
  • Bester knows that Clark is working with the Shadows. Psi Corps has been infiltrated
  • They're going to try to stop a Shadow transport ship
  • The Minbari knew that the Shadows were back and didn't say anything
  • the Shadow ship was transporting telepaths
  • It appears that all of the telepaths are blips
  • the telepath goes all Kaneda in the med lab
  • The Psi Corps badge itself has some kind of effect on her
  • Oh poo poo, the telepath is the mother of Bester's child
  • the telepaths are wired into the Shadow ships as components
  • uneasy alliance with Bester, and G'Kar is officially in the council
  • telepaths are a danger to Shadows, they might be able to block the telepath-machine systems
  • Shadows are openly attacking

s03e15 – Interludes and Examinations
  • oh god Adira's coming back
  • “you've been complaining about my stim use all year” is a p strong lack of self-awareness
  • Garibaldi bein a cop and going after Franklin's blood samples
  • Sheridan v Kosh fight
  • So again hammering in that Sheridan will die on Z'ha'dum. This moment is why that wil happen.
  • :woop: Vorlon ships to the rescue
  • Morden murdered Adira
  • Aaaaand Morden murdered Kosh, who appears to Sheridan as his father to absolve him of guilt :*(
  • Londo is clearly buying Morden's line that Refa killed Adira
  • And Franklin resigned because of his addiction :*(

discoukulele fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Dec 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I really, really appreciate every new watcher sharing their first time reactions with us. I know there's not a lot of feedback, but that's because we're trying very hard not to spoil anything.

Have with with the next few episodes, they're all really good except for one.