Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

yeah, so scum role cop, makes sense with all the rp flippings yeah?

##vote ia

jfc merk is gonna think this is effectively a scumclaim but what the hell is everyone on about IA?? rolecop? roleblocker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

oh wait, it's overlapping watcher roles, right?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Merk and IA have both posted about it, the voyeur role is basically a role cop that learns 'this role exists and acted this way'.

It's a way to confirm people's claimed actions. IA says he caught a Roleblocker blocking me n1. That's the blocker I'm referring to. Making up a scum role blocker, blocking me n1 is a huge gambit. So IA probably actually found a scum role blocker. Looking at the votes, this means plastic/somber are probably scums.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

Somber is just following what the winds of the moment are saying, they don't believe any of this crap, they even shirk the responsibility of a vote on my by saying they'll follow merk and Toal. Not a single real opinion in here except for the setup spec.

That's fair to an extent. I was super wrong yesterday and I don't feel like I have a strong lead today so it just makes sense to play follow the leader at this point. I definitely will take ownership of saying you're scum though, and I have real opinions and engagement. Feels like you should have some opinion on my D2 behavior if you think I'm scum though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's not really that improbable toal. This is a 'mostly vanilla' game so it's fair to just take a chance. Maybe there is a scum roleblocker and they did target you. Idk just flip IA and let's find out.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote IA

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Scum could have decided to target Toal with both a Roleblocker and the Voyeur. I don't see why that is so hard to believe at all.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Or more likely Toal is IA's scum bro and is trying REALLY hard to protect him.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Town:
Doctor
Watcher
Vigilante
Empowerer
Vanilla
Vanilla
Vanilla
Vanilla
Vanilla

Scum:
Ninja
Voyeur
Roleblocker

Third Party:
Survivor?

That's my current working game setup theory. Seems pretty reasonable, no?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
BTW, I'm claiming Vanilla there I guess.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The only thing giving me super pause on that working setup theory is that it is very mafia general-like of a setup which is markedly different from Pathogen 1 that had roles like this (from https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3970349&userid=149898):

quote:

Virus, Pathogen-aligned

You are a piece of rogue DNA incased in a protein capsid. You multiply by penetrating host cells and hijacking cellular machinery for your own reproduction. Once per night you may use one of the following abilities:

Infect- Choose one player to infect with virions, infected players will begin expressing pathogen antigens and will always investigate as Pathogen-aligned. In addition infected players will be affected by any future viral mutations.

Mutation- Add a second random ability to your virions, each time you mutate the range of possible powers will increase and more deadly abilities will be available. This ability will be immediately applied to previously infected players. Only the latest ability will be active, abilities do not stack.

You win when Pathogens completely control the vote.

quote:

Protist, Pathogen-aligned

You are an intracellular parasite, you have a complex life cycle that involves invading and feeding on many types of body tissues. You have the following ability:

Penetrate- If you perform the factional night kill you will instead invade the target player. While in this state any actions, including the lunch, directed at you will instead hit your host. Your host however may still target you and will begin to present pathogen antigens (they will investigate as Pathogen-aligned). Once successfully inside a host you will begin multiplying, and each successive night will attempt to rupture and kill them, the odds of successfully doing this begin at only 25% but will increase by a further 25% each consecutive night. Rupturing a host will give you one Protist Charge, allowing you to then infect an additional player on your next Penetrate. Charges stack with each kill making you incredibly powerful over time. If one of your hosts dies you will lose one Protist Charge, if you do not have a charge to lose then you will instead die. If at any point you are not infecting the maximum number of hosts, actions targeted at you will still hit you in addition to any hosts you may have.

You win when Pathogens completely control the vote.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Or more likely Toal is IA's scum bro and is trying REALLY hard to protect him.

*shaking my head*

merk posted:

Town:
Doctor
Watcher
Vigilante
Empowerer
Vanilla
Vanilla
Vanilla
Vanilla
Vanilla

Scum:
Ninja
Voyeur
Roleblocker

Third Party:
Survivor?

That's my current working game setup theory. Seems pretty reasonable, no?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't get how IA's claim is incompatible with anything that's happened/been claimed?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't get how IA's claim is incompatible with anything that's happened/been claimed?

Mae is suddenly counter claiming me as a watcher after days of prodding for a counter claim, a bit suss, but at this point I'm good with going to sort it all out. I won't be self-voting though.

On the off-chance Mae is actually a watcher and not bullshitting us, then I'd say the scum is likely RF, Somber. However, I think I'm going to vote against a very delayed and unbelievable counter.

##vote Mae

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

Mae is suddenly counter claiming me as a watcher after days of prodding for a counter claim, a bit suss, but at this point I'm good with going to sort it all out. I won't be self-voting though.

On the off-chance Mae is actually a watcher and not bullshitting us, then I'd say the scum is likely RF, Somber. However, I think I'm going to vote against a very delayed and unbelievable counter.

##vote Mae

poo poo, I forgot about plastic there. RF, plastic over Somber IMO.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
again, that's contingent upon Mae actually being a watcher which I don't believe at this point.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Idle Amalgam (3): Toalpaz, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, Maerlyn, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, merk
PlasticAutomaton (2): Retro Futurist, Sandwolf
Maerlyn (1): Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Idle Amalgam
Sandwolf (0): merk, merk, Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Somberbrero (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam
Retro Futurist (0): Idle Amalgam, merk, merk, merk, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, merk, Idle Amalgam

Not Voting (2): Maerlyn, Toalpaz

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 30th, 2021 at 5 p.m. UTC -- that's in about 22 hours, 11 minutes.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Idle Amalgam posted:

again, that's contingent upon Mae actually being a watcher which I don't believe at this point.

What does Mae's claim have to do with me?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Retro Futurist posted:

What does Mae's claim have to do with me?

I was saying it would make it more likely that you and Plastic were the two remaining scum if Mae was actually a watcher, but I don't think that's the case here. Not saying a watcher and a voyeur are mutually exclusive, but it would be redundant to have both, and I know what I am.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
There's no reason to doubt Mae's claim at this point.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

I was saying it would make it more likely that you and Plastic were the two remaining scum if Mae was actually a watcher, but I don't think that's the case here. Not saying a watcher and a voyeur are mutually exclusive, but it would be redundant to have both, and I know what I am.

I suppose you could be scum with Mae, actually, but yeah, the scum in front of me is Maerlyn.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

It's not. Voodoofly voted Solus to try to help IA on day 1. We only did not eliminate IA because of that IA claim and Solus push. On day 2, we only did not eliminate IA because of IA's claim. Voodoo self voted after not being able to push me or you.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Idle Amalgam posted:

I wasn't counter claiming you, there's been spec about our roles co-existing in lieu of a cop, I also provided my reason for my choices but you do you.

##vote Toal for now but I'll reread over lunch. Have to trust my gut that there's something off and a lot points back to Toal for me.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Meh ##unvote, reread first

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Somberbrero posted:

There's no reason to doubt Mae's claim at this point.

she waited two days to bring up an unconvincing counterclaim? There’s *no* reason to doubt it?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sussing out on mae over here. how does she agree with everything i say about ia and still wanna vote me every time she swaps.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Hey Somber, why were you visiting Bif last night?

Maerlyn posted:

Yeah no. He was 2nd on Voodoo's vote so unless Plastic did an epic bus he's not scum. You probably are though.

mae's first post after plastic's gambit. interested in why she ignored it

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

she waited two days to bring up an unconvincing counterclaim? There’s *no* reason to doubt it?

Correct.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##vote ia

anyways i'm good with ia rn with all the content we have

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

go scammer go :choco:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

there is definitely some reason to doubt that, not sure why you're so convinced

don't like Plastic pretty much content lurking the day, RF is full lurking (it's monday now Opop!!)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

Maerlyn posted:

I don't think wanting town to out a power role after losing the doc is pro town behavior, if you think IA is scum despite his claim then vote him right? If there is a town watcher that had a conflicting result from IA I would expect it would come up eventually.

I didn't have any conflicting results, the only reason why I claimed is merk's post earlier that he thought the watcher should claim but I thought about it for a bit.

Toalpaz posted:

It doesn't make any sense for IAs role to exist the way it does in this set up. But it's frustrating me that no one is able to claim tracker or watcher and makes it difficult for me to vote him.

So now that I've claimed you're still having difficulty voting him huh?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Didn't see Toal's vote, so point rescinded.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Toalpaz posted:

mae's first post after plastic's gambit. interested in why she ignored it

Somber said he was vanilla and Plastic dropped it? I've taken Toal Gambit 101, I thought Plastic tried to take a page out of your book. Also my watching Plastic wouldn't have helped in that scenario.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Maerlyn posted:

So now that I've claimed you're still having difficulty voting him huh?

Mae, if you're town, you have to accept that other town are making opinions not knowing your hidden role. I'm acting in exactly the same way I said I would, without perfect information.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sandwolf posted:

there is definitely some reason to doubt that, not sure why you're so convinced

don't like Plastic pretty much content lurking the day, RF is full lurking (it's monday now Opop!!)

I'm posting! Besides I already found you all a scum yesterday ain't my fault everyone wants to hem and haw and setup spec stuff

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm posting! Besides I already found you all a scum yesterday ain't my fault everyone wants to hem and haw and setup spec stuff

Who are you thinking?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maerlyn posted:

Who are you thinking?

Pardon me a moment

AAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'm negative 1. Kill me or dunk actual scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Retro Futurist posted:

Pardon me a moment

AAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH

I will never understand folks in this game being indignant when asked for basic information that should be of no effort to provide