Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Have you ever found a lost item and then put it somewhere safe, only for it to be gone when you next looked for it again? You may have been a victim of chaos gnomes - but don't worry! They're typically benign, but their mysterious powers sometimes require misplaced tchotchkes and errant bric-a-brac for their magic to work. It's not just the magic of happenstance at work, however, it's all apart of...

The Choose Your Own Adventure!

(This is my first Game Room thread! I'm drawing simple art that inspires me based on votes in the thread. I'm using a randomizer to populate the thread's chaotic choices (original randomizer thanks to Dog Kisser's Wylde Magycke!) that will change over time. Thread participants should vote for each option that they want to see, either provided by the thread or else suggested by themselves, and a random vote will be chosen for every update!)

Listen Along (optional): 7am On Bridle Path - Drake

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was a damp, wintry morning, and you were nestled among blades of grass upon the magic forest's floor. A drop of glittering dew landed upon the crown of your purple cap.

"Hello Hello Hello Hello, from the children of the future," a voice entered your mind, unbidden. "We go We go We go We go wherever you may go. We trust We trust We trust We trust you to know what must be done today..."

"What's so special about today?" you mumbled to yourself, waking up to the a clammy cold chill of dawn.

You find yourself already on your feet - you are a miniature hedge wizard, approximately the size and shape of a toadstool. You are a Prime Arbiter of Chaos. People have called you the Mushroomancer before, but you know that's because you hadn't properly introduced yourself at the time. Your reputation, for whatever it's worth, must clearly precede you.

This is you, along with your sidekicks (more on them later):

1. What is your True™ name? (This is a vote: pick one or choose someone else's!)

You are surrounded by your loyal cohorts: Lady Buggington, Sir Woim, and Prince Antony. They have not adventured for days and are champing at the proverbial bit to spread the good word of the new hedge wizard in town: their master, you.

The surrounding forest is consumed with non-chaotic Evil. You know this innately, as if by instinct. You have to make the decisions for the team. What is your plan?

(I'm going to do a sample round, both for my own inspiration and to get everyone on the same page:)

Spell Options:
  1. Arise, Flesh
  2. Dirt Mountain High
  3. Repeating Absurd Complexity
  4. Indominable Crime
  5. Bucket of Endless Sidequests
  6. Procedurally Generated Editorial

#5 Chosen!

Your mushroom-man's sleeves tear apart, and your fungal hand extends, raising to the sky. A light erupted from the tendril-coated palm, revealing a metal bucket with an obvious quest marker emblazoned on its side. You rummage around in your Bucket of Endless Sidequests, hemming and hawing.

What do you find within?

(For each character, choose something you find inside the bucket. You have to get started on fixing the forest somehow, and sidequests are the way to grind up your renown!)

2. What is Lady Buggington going to do?
(these are sidequests)
  • A) Furrow Plant
  • B) Accept Lice
  • C) Walking Counterspell
  • D) Awful Dots
  • E) Life Duplicity
  • F) Steal Will
3. What is Sir Woim going to do?
(these are sidequests)
  • A) Forge Invocation
  • B) Smash Dragon
  • C) Grandpa's Beloved Arrow
  • D) Mind The Fartleberry
  • E) Thirsty Faerie Nest
  • F) Shocking Random Animal
4. What is Prince Antony going to do?
(these are sidequests)
  • A) Tort Berries
  • B) Absorb Confidence
  • C) Violent Sidequest
  • D) Blistering Arrow
  • E) Pointlessly Rude Headache Relief
  • F) Invisible Liquid
5. What are we going to do?
(these are sidequests)
  • A) Cream Of Nap
  • B) Provoke Cell
  • C) Sigil of Misconceptions
  • D) Futilely Attempt Self-Reflection
  • E) Finalize Woodpecker
  • F) Ultrapotent Corncob
(Every numbered option can be voted on: pick a name for ourselves and up to four quests or you can suggest your own for each number! Randomized choices will be made for the following update, so get voting and stay tuned!)

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Dec 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. Myckel Ogie
2. Accept Lice
3. Mind the Fartleberry (with a name like this...)
4. Absorb Confidence as a prince does
5. Futilely Attempt Self-Reflection

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Name: The Fun Guy
Lady Buggington's Quest: Steal Will
Sir Woim's Quest: Forge Invocation
Prince Antony's Quest: Absorb Confidence
Our Quest: Cream of Nap

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
1. Russula, but peeps usually call us Russ.
2. F) Steal Will from the nearby small evil creatures.
3. F) Shocking Random Animal. 'Random' in this case being the first creature we see; simple!
4. B) Absorb Confidence. Buff up our stats, hopefully debuff others...
5. F) Ultrapotent Corncob. No one mushroom should have all this power. But we do, so suck it, corncob!

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

1:Nothing comes to mind at the moment. No vote? :effort:
2:A:Furrow Plant
3:E:Thirsty Faerie Nest
4:A:Tort Berries
5:F:Ultrapotent Corncob

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

1. Sucy
2. C) Walking Counterspell
3. B) Smash Dragon
4. E) Pointlessly Rude Headache Relief
5. D) Futilely Attempt Self-Reflection

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Our name is Babe

My votes are BABE

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Dog Kisser posted:

Our name is Babe

My votes are BABE

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
1: Cecelia
2: B - Accept Lice - She is trying to become a vegetarian.
3: E - Thirsty Fairy Nest - Their next delivery is dew.
4: C - Violent Sidequest - It's right there in the name!
5: D - Futilely Attempt Self-Reflection - This is what the Heroes Journey is all about!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
1: Sylo Sybee
2: B - Accept Lice
3: B - Smash Dragon
4: C - Violent Sidequest
5: D - Futilely Attempt Self-Reflection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

1. Russula, but peeps usually call us Russ.

2. Accept Lice Accept them.
3. Smash Dragon. Go big or go home.
4. Absorb Confidence.
5. Futilely Attempt Self-Reflection. Maybe some answers will remain beyond the reckoning of a simple mushroomancer...

Jvie fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 30, 2021