Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

I used to be a pretty big fan of the group when I was younger but never got into any of the behind the scenes stuff really. I just enjoyed the albums a great deal.

The series paints a pretty dysfunctional picture of the group, but it's also hard to deny the sheer talent. I particularly enjoyed Billy Preston's presence and I'm kinda bummed we live in a timeline where The Beatles & Co. never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

no

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

no

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
no

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
no

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
John Lennon was a wife beater.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

who is this obscure band that this famous director has decided to elevate into the spotlight, op?

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

my dog died im sad posted:

Great job loving up the thread, moron.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Ok let's start again, for real this time

no

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Never heard of it
Have no idea what it is
Don't want to
And gently caress you, op

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
More like get out, hack :grin:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Huh?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

no

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
no

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm enjoying it, its pretty fun to see an iconic song come from Paul strumming and singing nonsense words and eventually transform into something legit. The bickering is funny too.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

no

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

more like Please Stop Your Posts, Man

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

my dog died im sad posted:

you and forums user Stanky Bean need to swap avatars

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Get sack! As in mine! That you can suck! My sack, that is!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
not yet

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

One of the things I've liked best about it is not knowing it existed

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Get snacks... is something I'd rather do than watch this movie.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

'Smoke crack'?
Gosh no! I promised my DARE officer in middle school I never would

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Wow I wonder what sort of mind blowing secrets will be revealed about the Beatles. I don’t think they’ve ever been researched before.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

no

but one day I probably will

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What's the deal with Beatles fans?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Get crack! Is something you'll want to do because the relief of a brief crack high is all that can blot out of the knowledge of this lovely film!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Do u want to watch it together

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
get back
get back
get back to jerkin off my mom

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

no

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

im smelling it

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

habeebles

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I used to love their song Brown Sugar until I found out it wasn't about my favorite sucrose sugar product.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Kirk Vikernes posted:

I used to love their song Brown Sugar until I found out it wasn't about my favorite sucrose sugar product.

what else could it possibly be about?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Sid Vicious posted:

The D.A.R.E. officer told me it's about heroin.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

punishedkissinger posted:

I used to be a pretty big fan of the group when I was younger but never got into any of the behind the scenes stuff really. I just enjoyed the albums a great deal.

The series paints a pretty dysfunctional picture of the group, but it's also hard to deny the sheer talent. I particularly enjoyed Billy Preston's presence and I'm kinda bummed we live in a timeline where The Beatles & Co. never happened.

I don’t have the Disney channel, so I’m waiting for the DVD. (Hi, I’m old!) I’ve seen a few clips and it looks impressive. I have to admit, I’m sure 8 hours is overdoing it for what is no one’s favorite Beatles album. Is there anything extra good that stands out?

And thanks for posting. Couldn’t find this thread in TV IV or No Music.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sid Vicious posted:

A go-go spaceship, avocado green.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Not until I get back from work.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

don Jaime posted:

I don’t have the Disney channel, so I’m waiting for the DVD. (Hi, I’m old!) I’ve seen a few clips and it looks impressive. I have to admit, I’m sure 8 hours is overdoing it for what is no one’s favorite Beatles album. Is there anything extra good that stands out?

And thanks for posting. Couldn’t find this thread in TV IV or No Music.

it's very much a bunch of long takes of them working out the songs and bickering. billy preston shows up to play e. piano and they are able to then pull out of the spiral. kind of a bummer he didn't get a single closeup during the rooftop concert as far as I can tell. there are a bunch of great on the street interviews with extremely british people while they play their set on the roof and it's pretty :3 hearing grump old english people talk about how much they love the group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

punishedkissinger posted:

it's very much a bunch of long takes of them working out the songs and bickering. billy preston shows up to play e. piano and they are able to then pull out of the spiral. kind of a bummer he didn't get a single closeup during the rooftop concert as far as I can tell. there are a bunch of great on the street interviews with extremely british people while they play their set on the roof and it's pretty :3 hearing grump old english people talk about how much they love the group.

I got most of that from the Anthology. The big carrot here is you’re supposed to get the whole rooftop concert, not just little chunks. I would have liked more Preston, so that’s sad to hear. Billy Preston is super-underrated as a performer.

The best piece I’ve seen so far is Paul, George, and Ringo sitting around waiting for John to show up, and Paul’s absent strumming somehow turns into the song Get Back while you watch. And not only do George and Ringo immediately pick up the tune, but John does too when he drags in, despite never hearing the absent strumming.

I mean, I know songs are pulled together out of nothing, but it’s shocking to watch it happen in real time, that quickly.