Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nap Ghost

Soul Dentist posted:

Just figured if the bootlegging was that obvious you'd appreciate some obvious help :shrug:

No, it's good. We're not doing this again, didn't realize it at all. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Is this like a driving from Utah to Wyoming thing to buy decent % beers?

My church sells all the hottest liquors so I don’t need to traverse states for it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's a driving from a state with higher taxes to bulk purchase booze thing. With that haul it's a significant savings.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Soul Dentist posted:

It's a driving from a state with higher taxes to bulk purchase booze thing. With that haul it's a significant savings.

My grandparents used to do that. They'd drive their RV to visit family, load it up with booze, and then have the kids sit on top of it while driving 4 states back.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

When are the trees showing up?

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran
PBUC, finally found the Hatch Chiles. Also in stock are the Costco 500 piece puzzle, the Costco dog toys, and Sherpa throws. Truly the best of days.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Just lol if you're not from the midwest where it's easier to find a liquor store than it is to find a grocery store

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Jimlit posted:

They just opened up a new Costco 10 min away. I swear they bring in ringer checkout people.

Your assumption is correct! Most retail stores, when they open a new location, send "A-team" people from other stores to help open and train new people for a week or two.

FogHelmut posted:

Someone else in this thread said their local store isn't getting any this year.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

FogHelmut posted:

Denver area Costco here that was selling them yesterday.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Yeah, for a bunch of reasons, there's a shortage of real Christmas trees in general depending on where you are in the country.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I live in the part where it's too hot to grow trees locally and also has been in a drought for the last 10+ years.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

FCKGW posted:

Your assumption is correct! Most retail stores, when they open a new location, send "A-team" people from other stores to help open and train new people for a week or two.

Here's a cool article about the Chili's A Team

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I'm more distressed that my store still hasn't got any wrapping paper.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Cormack posted:

Visited church for various Christmas things and impulse bought a big power pad to drop by the TV to let people charge their phones. On the way out I was handed a leaflet about holiday deals including a discount on that power pad. That starts on December 10th.

:mad:

Save your receipt and you can get the difference refunded up to 30 days from your purchase. I just did this a few weeks ago when something went on sale exactly 30 days after I bought it.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

priznat posted:

Well it beats beating it

Ftfy

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Cockblocktopus posted:

Save your receipt and you can get the difference refunded up to 30 days from your purchase. I just did this a few weeks ago when something went on sale exactly 30 days after I bought it.

You don't have to save your receipt. They will look it up on your account.

If it was an online purchase you can even submit the price difference via a special page on the website. Or go in person and they can see those too.

This works for both returns and price refunds.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Laterite posted:

I'm more distressed that my store still hasn't got any wrapping paper.

My MIL just mentioned this, I saw all the tags when I was there so I just assumed the paper was nearby somewhere too. Crazy.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Trees were there today.

We had wrapping paper in September. Haven't seen it recently.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Hi I like your name corn glizzy

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
We went to order Christmas cards. Shutterfly wanted $300 after a coupon.

She tried Costco.com and got them for $40 including shipping and some return labels as well.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Sucks I can't pick it up in store anymore

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
We bought the "Sharper Image Power Percussion Deep Tissue Massager" on sale for $65 in store and it is niiiiice. Good gift for the holidays.

Also the "Cuisinart Immersion Hand Blender" was on sale for under $30 which felt like a steal. Comes with a pseudo food processor accessory too.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Man, I want one of the black kirkland sweatshirts. The website only had the white and grey

Delpino
May 12, 2001
Forum Veteran

Douche4Sale posted:

You don't have to save your receipt. They will look it up on your account.

If it was an online purchase you can even submit the price difference via a special page on the website. Or go in person and they can see those too.

This works for both returns and price refunds.
Just went through this for something and if you're looking for a price adjustment they do require the original receipt. For returns the digital one is fine, so I wound up returning it and just buying it again right after.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

FCKGW posted:

Someone else in this thread said their local store isn't getting any this year.

I thought ringer was bad. I assumed ringer checkout people meant they send over their lovely ones.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

oh man. i understand that Johnny Knoxville movie and the sports website completely differently now. my life completely changed in a very mild way today

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

oh man. i understand that Johnny Knoxville movie and the sports website completely differently now. my life completely changed in a very mild way today

You need to watch more pool-based Paul Newman movies

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Went to Costco for 3 things
Bought 12

Including a GIANT bag of original chex mix for 3 bucks on sale

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
It wasn't good on the pumpkin pie. :(

Also the bagged tamales are all on sale. I like the green Chile and cheese ones best

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Are the breakfast burritos with green chiles they always have any good? Are they super chile forward? I like my breakfast burritos to be more breakfast than burrito but a little chile sounds fine.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Are the breakfast burritos with green chiles they always have any good? Are they super chile forward? I like my breakfast burritos to be more breakfast than burrito but a little chile sounds fine.

My complaint is there's not enough chile flavor.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They're very bland

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Costco has the good cheese raviolis again. We are blessed. PBUC.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

chainchompz posted:

Costco has the good cheese raviolis again. We are blessed. PBUC.

Which ones are those?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Okay I am ashamed to ask but what is pbuc

Please be kind Costco thread

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Corn Glizzy posted:

Peanut Butter Under Crotch

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Corn Glizzy posted:

Praise Be Unto Costco.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Corn Glizzy posted:

What do you want it to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

What do you want it to be?

Well that’s entirely too much pressure, I never expected this, I need to lie down