Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

a couple months ago I:

1. couldn't log in to my old live journal to delete it
2. bought the live journal password leak
3. the password it had was the one i had tried, so
4. re-subscribed to the email service i used to sign up for live journal with the same username
5. reset the password
6. extracted all the posts, comments, etc
7. deleted every post
8. marked the account for deletion
9. unsubscribed from that email service

overall i am happy with the results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

congrats on successfully hiding your past crimes

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ty

fack you
Sep 12, 2002

For Life
https://web.archive.org/web/*/livejournal.com

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

My first thought, but AJ's blog was likely so small, the crawler didn't bother to capture it.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Armauk posted:

My first thought, but AJ's blog was likely so small, the crawler didn't bother to capture it.

ya this is correct

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

liero

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

i just this year had a very pleasant experience playing 2 player liero with a friend using ps4 pads connected to a pc and mapped to the keyboard!

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
Ethernet 1.0

3Mbit with vampire taps

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Sony BMG initially denied that the rootkits were harmful. It then released, for one of the programs, an "uninstaller" that only un-hid the program, installed additional software that could not be easily removed, collected an email address from the user, and introduced further security vulnerabilities.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

i just this year had a very pleasant experience playing 2 player liero with a friend using ps4 pads connected to a pc and mapped to the keyboard!

:eyepop:

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Doom Mathematic posted:

Sony BMG initially denied that the rootkits were harmful. It then released, for one of the programs, an "uninstaller" that only un-hid the program, installed additional software that could not be easily removed, collected an email address from the user, and introduced further security vulnerabilities.
However, Mac OS X prompted the user for confirmation when the software attempted to modify the OS, whereas Windows did not.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Doom Mathematic posted:

As I recall, after significant class action litigation, the remedy was... a $2 coupon for another music CD.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

a couple months ago I:

1. couldn't log in to my old live journal to delete it
2. bought the live journal password leak
3. the password it had was the one i had tried, so
4. re-subscribed to the email service i used to sign up for live journal with the same username
5. reset the password
6. extracted all the posts, comments, etc
7. deleted every post
8. marked the account for deletion
9. unsubscribed from that email service

overall i am happy with the results

lol at checking a password dump to remember your own password

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

well the one i was trying wasn't working!!!!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Gentle Autist posted:

modern problems require modern solutions

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Gentle Autist posted:

"What is the last password you remember using," asks the account recovery process for something that almost certainly had a shared password with some dumb bullshit 10 years ago.

"Lol," you reply. "Lmao!"

That is incorrect, the process solemnly intones 3-5 business days later

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Check this poo poo out:

https://www.webliero.com/

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

holy poo poo

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Volmarias posted:

"What is the last password you remember using," asks the account recovery process for something that almost certainly had a shared password with some dumb bullshit 10 years ago.

"Lol," you reply. "Lmao!"

That is incorrect, the process solemnly intones 3-5 business days later

our "I forgot my password/locked my account" process at work used to require that you used a second password to reclaim the first one.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

fragbox

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
does anyone remember roundabout when you could first buy a computer case with a window on the side?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
basically thinking of reworking my win2k pc with a window and lights

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

my ~crew~ was about 50/50, of the ones that actually bought hardware regularly

about half had the weird glass case, the other half just had loose components in a canvas bag

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wanna say windows got popular around 03, 04

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

that sounds about right. windows with cold cathode lights, and those huge lian li cases

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

wanna say windows got popular around 03, 04

nah windows got popular with like 3.1 and by the time 98 came out it was already in the bag

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

i miss the styling of 90s unix workstations. those things cost a small fortune and they looked and felt like it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Achmed Jones posted:

nah windows got popular with like 3.1 and by the time 98 came out it was already in the bag

ye, 3.11 was the sugar & 95/98 was the lockin

also, separately, billions of dollars over four decades (in denmark, they didnt get here unti

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

im going to dump 3 mags of AR15 in your face im so mad at you right now

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

The_Franz posted:

i miss the styling of 90s unix workstations. those things cost a small fortune and they looked and felt like it
We had a lab of DECstations in college with round mice. They sucked. And of course, the industry learned from this and never made the same mistake again...

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

windows was extremely bad until 2000/xp, when it was okay, and then it got pretty good with 7, and 10 is the best operating system there is.

windows 10 is still worse than mac os x cats editions, which were the best operating systems ever made. but it is better than any subsequent or current mac os.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

just fuckin...look at what we lost

just look at the contrast on that first screenshot. the crispness. the depth. flipping from leopard to monterey is like taking off your glasses. it's a disaster. a travesty

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 11, 2021

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

The_Franz posted:

that purple and cream color scheme of sun’s was the most 90s thing ever

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

J Jonah Jameson posted:

just look at the contrast on that first screenshot. the crispness. the depth. flipping from leopard to monterey is like taking off your glasses. it's a disaster. a travesty

PARKER! I want pictures of spider man!!!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

The_Franz posted:

you knew you were fuckin with some high end poo poo as the mice got harder and harder to effectively use

Mantle
May 15, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

just fuckin...look at what we lost

I stayed on the cats as long as I could to keep those jelly bean ui widgets

defmacro
Sep 27, 2005
cacio e ping pong
zip drives and macintosh clones

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

the log4j vuln