Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

One of the many reasons why JoJo owns is that I can type the sentence:

"in the beginning of part 5 a teenager that just got inducted into the mob is offered cup of tea and piss but it's ok because he can turn one of his teeth into a jellyfish"

and it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Part 1: Wine
Part 2: Coke
Part 3: 7Up
Part 4: Pepsi
Part 5: Piss

Can't wait to see what the official drink of part 6 will be

Pruno

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
This will be the second part in a row with a stand user who drinks piss

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

So how are we going to differentiate with people spoilering the episodes that have just come out and those for the rest of the arc? Because it's already a minefield and all we've gotten is the OP.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I would not be opposed to a separate weekly watch thread or something

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Any chance of this dropping at midnight?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Sockser posted:

I would not be opposed to a separate weekly watch thread or something

yeah this might be better than everyone trying to tag their spoilers with which episode it's maybe from

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

or we could just put the spoilers for stuff that the anime hasn’t gotten to yet in the manga thread like has always been the rule

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Augus posted:

or we could just put the spoilers for stuff that the anime hasn’t gotten to yet in the manga thread like has always been the rule

that's not what they're talking about, Netflix is going to dump the first 12 episodes tomorrow

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

FirstAidKite posted:

Part 1: Wine
Part 2: Coke
Part 3: 7Up
Part 4: Pepsi
Part 5: Piss

Can't wait to see what the official drink of part 6 will be

Water

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder how anime onlies feel about Jotaro just being a series mainstay since Part 3.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The last OP that will somehow have every single OP singer thus far is gonna be wild.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Make an OP where all the JoJos are the singers.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxiFtttCBRk

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

also english
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je-hAHlcNFg

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Was the ending confirmed? I see a lot of people talking about it, but I never recall hearing anything about it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I gotta say the full OP has warmed me up to the song a whole lot.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Augus posted:

I like this one, let's do that.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I was just rewatching the Part 1 OP and realised we're now up to everything shown in the manga panels that lead that. Being an anime only pleb, I never realised that was the protagonist of each part.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

pretty much literally the first thing you see in a jojo op is a panel shot of jolyne, yeah

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yee, the panels are:

- Jolyne: Anime Thread. :argh:
- Giorno: Giorno's Gangstar pose, Giorno (with his birthmark exposed) talking to Luca, Giorno beating up Chocolate
- Josuke: Josuke having Crazy Diamond break his motorcycle while being chased by Highway Star, Josuke fixing Pearl Jam's spaghetti
- Jotaro: Jotaro having Star Platinum throw a punch at DIO, Jotaro beating up Steely Dan
- Joseph: Joseph throwing his clackers at Wamuu, Joseph getting angry at Kars for impaling Lisa Lisa, Joseph putting on Caesar's headband

And then it ends with Jonathan posing.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Dec 1, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's very funny that Josuke punching the spaghetti is one of his most iconic poses.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:siren: Keep manga spoiler discussion (anything past the first 12 eps) to the manga thread here.

For the first 12 episodes, you may feel free to discuss them openly here, without spoiler tags, in their entirety. If you don't want to be spoiled, bail out now and watch it. If you want to give episodic thoughts without having to wade through a minefield of other posters posting future spoilers, feel free to make a thread for your reactions with a "no spoilers" policy and post your thoughts in there.

If there are significant differences between the anime and manga that are plot important for later on, please post that stuff in the Manga thread instead of in here.

I hope this clears up any confusion. Enjoy. :siren:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I also put this post at the top of the thread OP for greater visibility.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/ai_curio_bot/status/1465894723370033155

:hmmyes:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
When release, where my anime netflix. GIVE ME THE GOD drat ANIME.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Since no one else had, I threw together a quick simulwatch thread for folks that want to do a regular staggered watch schedule when it drops later today; https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3986588

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
It's OUT LET'S loving GOOOOO!

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I forgot how weird Guess and that whole dead animal as costume poo poo is. Gives me the creeps

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 1, 2021

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
goddamn its so loving good. watched the first 3 eps with my wife. loved every second. have to hold ourselves back not to just watch the whole thing. it's gonna be a long 3 months.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I swear the elf lawyer's ears keep growing the longer he's on screen.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Of course they are.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

God drat that warden character is funny.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I'd never really figured it out before, but I appreciate the thematic element that Jolyne was convicted for a murder she was tricked into assisting in and ends the first episode/chapter knowingly murdering* the person who set her up. It's a nice way to establish her character.

*or crippling him at least

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kart Barfunkel posted:

God drat that warden character is funny.

https://twitter.com/WeedStoneOcean/...ingawful.com%2F

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's just being faithful to the manga.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Whitesnake reveal was lovely.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

On the First day of Jojo dear Pucchi sent to me

A baseball based stand named Stone Free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirello
Jan 29, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Nephthys posted:

I'd never really figured it out before, but I appreciate the thematic element that Jolyne was convicted for a murder she was tricked into assisting in and ends the first episode/chapter knowingly murdering* the person who set her up. It's a nice way to establish her character.

*or crippling him at least

in the manga its very clear that she kills him. shes so cool. top 3 jojo