Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
December Major releases

December 2 - Solar Ash [Win, PS4, PS5]

December 3 - Big Brain Academy: Brain vs. Brain [Switch]

December 3 - Chorus [Win, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX]

December 3 - Danganronpa Decedence [Switch]

December 3 - Disney Magical world 2: Enchanted Edition [Switch]

December 7 - Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker [Win, Mac, PS4, PS5]

December 7 - Spellforce 3 Reforced [Win]

December 8 - Halo Infinite [PC, XBO, XSX]

December 9 - Demon Gaze Extra [Switch, PS4]

December 9 - Loop Hero [Switch]

December 9 - Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX [Win, Switch, iOS]

December 10 - Syberia: The World Before [Win]

December 16 - Alfred Hitchcock - Vertigo [Win]

December 16 - Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach [Win, PS4, PS5]

December 16 - The GUNK [Switch, XBO, XSX]

December 16 - Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit in Wonder Labyrinth [Switch, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX]

December 23 - Dynasty Warriors 9: Empires [Win, Switch, PS4, PS5, XBO, XSX]

TBA - Life is Strange: True Colors [Switch]

TBA - Outer Wilds [Switch]

Chat goes here I guess :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
hi rarity

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
dark souls

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Didn't buy anything during the holiday weekend. Lots of good sales, but I don't need any games. There's nothing even coming out this month that I want.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Now is the winter of our dissed content.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gross

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I want you all to know that I've beaten 13 Sentinels and that's a good-rear end game

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Evil Genius 2 is now on gamepass. I'm a few hours in and it isn't very good.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm playing open sorcery sea++ and I got to this bit where I need to fix up a ship and it just dropped a bunch of references on me all at once.

The 3 different ships each have their own game libraries. You get to pick a game from the list but you get the same response each time no matter which game you pick, except for 2 games.

Smallest steam library ship

Medium steam library ship

Largest steam library ship

So the 2 exceptions are:

1. If you pick the "terrifying game about animatronics" in the largest ship

and

2. In the medium ship, if you pick "a punishingly hard game about poorly lit ghosts"

So I can pretty much guess what almost every single game being referenced is, except the "poorly lit ghosts" game. Do any of you have any clue what game that's referring to?

"Play solitaire, I guess." Just any solitaire game, no specific one.

"A game about killing orcs" could be any number of games but is probably referencing orcs must die.
"A game about stealing cars" is probably referring to grand theft auto.

"A cute farming game" could be any indie farming game but I assume it's talking about stardew valley.
"A puzzle game about pirates" is puzzle pirates.
"Adventure game about an undead travel agent" is grim fandango.
"Platformer about time travel, love, and maybe the atomic bomb" is braid.
"Terrifying game about animatronics" is five nights at freddy's.
"A game about preventing forest fires and being a bad husband" I'm assuming is firewatch, I don't know anything about firewatch though beyond the name and watching for forest fires.
"Dating game about pigeons" is hatoful boyfriend.
"Dystopian document thriller" is papers please.
"Game that is not about cake" I'm guessing is portal.
"About a knight with a shovel" is shovel knight.
"Game about rectangles" is thomas was alone.
"Stick figures in the wild west" is west of loathing.

but I don't know what the "poorly lit ghosts" game is referring to and I feel dumb because it'll probably be something super obvious in hindsight and my brain's just refusing to make a simple connection or something.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It looks like, once I finish Night in the Woods, that my last game for the year (based on how many streams I have) will be Death Stranding PS5 directors cut edition.

Quite excited. :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FirstAidKite posted:

"Game that is not about cake" I'm guessing is portal.

Swerve it's actually Red Dead 2

Hi cheetah! :wave:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Would Poorly Lit Ghosts be Dark Souls?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

VideoGames posted:

Would Poorly Lit Ghosts be Dark Souls?

Fuckin a

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Night in the Woods is a very near and dear game to me as the town it is based on is the one I've been living in for the past decade and a lot of the stuff about possum springs and its history comes from this town and a couple other nearby towns.

Hope you hang out with angus when given the chance because the angus hangout is not only one of my favorites in the game but it also hits very close to home for me because angus and I have a lot in common.

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

VideoGames posted:

It looks like, once I finish Night in the Woods, that my last game for the year (based on how many streams I have) will be Death Stranding PS5 directors cut edition.

Quite excited. :)

Such an amazing game! So excited to hear your thoughts about it VG! :D

Hi Rarity!

Hi chat thread!

I've been reading like crazy this past month and have barely played any games but my mental health right now is in a really great place and I think I genuinely feel happy :)

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

hello Rarity how's the posting going

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I thought you were doing a bit

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

hello thread

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

fridge corn posted:

I thought you were doing a bit

I was taking the description literally instead of "just swapped synonyms in" so I was trying to think of a horror game about ghosts, a game that is incredibly dark making it hard to play, so I kept trying to think about fatal frame or dreadout and stuff like that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

First

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Saku

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

FirstAidKite posted:

Night in the Woods is a very near and dear game to me as the town it is based on is the one I've been living in for the past decade and a lot of the stuff about possum springs and its history comes from this town and a couple other nearby towns.

Hope you hang out with angus when given the chance because the angus hangout is not only one of my favorites in the game but it also hits very close to home for me because angus and I have a lot in common.

Watching veeg play Night in the Woods, the town reminds me a lot of what I imagine the dumb town in Pennsylvania that I grew up in looks like now, if I had ever been back there in the last decade

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi bovis! Hi GaG! The posting is going how the posting is going which is to say I made a thread and people are chatting and having a good time and what more can you want here on the Something Awful forums?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
December is Indie Game Dev Month
https://twitter.com/fahlwart/status/1458022353057763329

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Fun fact, my town is actually #2 on the list of places in the USA with the fastest/biggest declines in population, according to an article written earlier this year.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i fuckin love video games

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Time to load up Christmas Lemmings I guess

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

angus and I have a lot in common.

crimes

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
The first of December.

It begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqBF7TiyATo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
No games coming out this month, per the op

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

We're one step closer to abolishing video games once and for all.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Endwalker and Master Shootmans are releasing far too close together it's sick and wrong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good job I don't care about one of those

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
I'll be over in the corner, being quietly excited for the Monster Rancher 2 Switch port

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

We're one step closer to abolishing video games once and for all.

As if I will lay down and accept this!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There's Solar Ash coming out tomorrow and the very pretentiously titled Chorvs the day after.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

There's Solar Ash coming out tomorrow and the very pretentiously titled Chorvs the day after.

For some reason I thought Solar Ash had been bumped to 2022. I wonder if I can find time for it before the end of the year.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Arzaac posted:

I want you all to know that I've beaten 13 Sentinels and that's a good-rear end game

hell yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the twelve games of Christmas:

One Step from Eden
Two Worlds
3D Ultra Pinball
For the King
5D Chess with Multiverse Time Travel
Six Days in Fallujah