Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
theyre tasty OP
youre gonna die OP
VAPE CULTURE
Goku-Monster Collab
View Results

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Been unleashing the BEAST alot lately (I think this means to drink one and take a nasty deuce).

Usually go with one of the ULTRA flavs. Low calorie but high taste.

New RESERVE Monsters just dropped though and the white pineapple is amazing. just smooth drinkin with all of that ENERGY BLEND which makes my balls tingle.

Monster REHAB for when I'm feeling like mixing in some tea and lower carbonation.

Good poo poo IMO.

Whatcha sippin on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Just do cocaine like an adult

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Chinatown posted:

Been unleashing the BEAST alot lately (I think this means to drink one and take a nasty deuce).

Usually go with one of the ULTRA flavs. Low calorie but high taste.

New RESERVE Monsters just dropped though and the white pineapple is amazing. just smooth drinkin with all of that ENERGY BLEND which makes my balls tingle.

Monster REHAB for when I'm feeling like mixing in some tea and lower carbonation.

Good poo poo IMO.

Whatcha sippin on?

I can't find the Red Assault one anywhere anymore and it was my favorite, op, this sucks

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I'm ready to poound some Monsters. Love me the Monster protein chocolate flavor

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Armitag3 posted:

I can't find the Red Assault one anywhere anymore and it was my favorite, op, this sucks

what so you drink rockstar now? shits wack AF

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

No Rockstar is ok but its business is wack. I tide over with Reign when I can get my hands on it

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
My hero, Sam Porter Bridges, is a prolific drinker of Monster Energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcv9zX9rFa4

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sometimes when you get the Monster protein drinks the whey has congealed into these weird gross slimy clumps at the bottom because it seperated in the can while on the shelf lol. It's loving insanely gross to accidentally get in your throat, like someone else's excessively chunky phlegm suddenly jumping down your mouth.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Monster Rehab is by far the best Monster flavors and arguably the best of all energy drinks. And simply because of them not being carbonated.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

im drinking one of those green apple zero sugar ones atm and it is poo poo op

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Zero Ultra represent

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

dr.acula posted:

im drinking one of those green apple zero sugar ones atm and it is poo poo op

learn to taste better idiot!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
All energy drinks taste like poo poo and it's just a matter of which one tastes the least like poo poo. That being said I only drink either Monster Ultra (the white zero calorie one) that I get in the huge packs from Costco or the lemon/tea Rehab one since it doesn't have carbonation.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Been drinking too much of this poo poo lately. I like the gold one and the rehabs.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Monster's alright. Their tea flavors are vastly superior to the bang ones and only have a small amount of calories. And i usually like bang. Today i stopped at the fancy hippie grocery store for lunch and picked up an ~all natural~ energy drink with yerba mate. It's sweetened with stevia so i kinda don't like it but hey caffeine is caffeine. Monk fruit is the superior "natural" calorie free sweetener i think. Maybe it doesn't go well in drinks.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
most BANG flavors are straight rear end but the peach mango one is pretty good

:shrug:

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I think i had a cotton candy flavored Reign once and it tasted like poison

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Yeah there's a lot of lovely bang flavors i will admit. The rainbow unicorn one was one of the few drinks i had to just dump out it was so bad. It tasted just like some antibiotic i took as a kid. My favorites are piña colada and key lime pie

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I like Monster every now and again. I don't drink soft drink a tonne so it's no worse on the level than a Coke or something. I usually go Ultra or Juice. Mango Loco (lol) or the Punch Juice ones are good, or the white, pink and blue Ultra ones are good too.

Usually I just have soda water tho. Lol at the "Super Fuel" poo poo tho. It's just a soft drink, it's not gonna help you with poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I've literally never had a single flavor other than the green poo poo. Does it all still taste like melted jolly ranchers and soda water?

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

I've literally never had a single flavor other than the green poo poo. Does it all still taste like melted jolly ranchers and soda water?

yeah

Monster kinda fucks me up. Like it's almost real drugs. I don't think there's anything illegal in there of course but there's some other poo poo because coffee or espresso doesn't do the same thing.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

i like ultra watermelon

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I like all the flavors you like OP, when we both get kidney stones the size of our fists let's mail em to each other and use em as J/O crystals :cheers:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

syntaxfunction posted:

I like Monster every now and again. I don't drink soft drink a tonne so it's no worse on the level than a Coke or something. I usually go Ultra or Juice. Mango Loco (lol) or the Punch Juice ones are good, or the white, pink and blue Ultra ones are good too.

Usually I just have soda water tho. Lol at the "Super Fuel" poo poo tho. It's just a soft drink, it's not gonna help you with poo poo.

Yeah i dunno how much difference the amino acids n stuff makes, i think the 300mg of caffeine is more what energizes you.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I like the ultra paradise

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Dixville posted:

Yeah i dunno how much difference the amino acids n stuff makes, i think the 300mg of caffeine is more what energizes you.

300mg is a lot, an average large (12oz apparently?) double shot coffee is about 120mg. So it's roughly 2.a bit double shots. I'm okay with that. Like, just have one lol. Who the gently caress would drink more than one a day? Two if there's like eight hours between them? Even ignoring caffeine I wouldn't want to drink two anywhere close to each other haha.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

ultra fiesta is good too. peachy fuzzy flavor

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
It was cool that they did a product tie in with dune to show that monster energy will be with humanity for 10,000 years!

https://youtu.be/JqBEMza8msw

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

syntaxfunction posted:

300mg is a lot, an average large (12oz apparently?) double shot coffee is about 120mg. So it's roughly 2.a bit double shots. I'm okay with that. Like, just have one lol. Who the gently caress would drink more than one a day? Two if there's like eight hours between them? Even ignoring caffeine I wouldn't want to drink two anywhere close to each other haha.

Most of the established mass market energy drinks (including Monster) are 140-180, 240-300 is for the newer brands like Reign and Bang that taste (even more) like evil.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

syntaxfunction posted:

It's for people like me who have fried our adrenals to where we need larger doses of caffeine for it to do anything.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Monster Ultra has less caffeine than other energy drinks (like Rockstar, Red Bull, etc.)... it's about the same amount that's in Coke, Pepsi, etc. The "energy" is supposed to come from the other stuff they say is in it. Anyway the point is you can drink them the same way as other soda/pop and not get a caffeine rush.

Bula Vinaka fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Dec 2, 2021

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Bula Vinaka posted:

Monster Ultra has less caffeine than other energy drinks (like Rockstar, Red Bull, etc.)... it's about the same amount that's in Coke, Pepsi, etc. The "energy" is supposed to come from the other stuff they say is in it. Anyway the point is you can drink them the same way as other soda/pop and not get a caffeine rush.

whatever that other stuff is works

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Bula Vinaka posted:

This isn't true either. It's a middle of the road energy drink similar to an equivalent size Red Bull that gives a middle of the road stimulant effect. If you try to slam four in a row like you can with Coke, you will regret it (assuming you'd even be able to stomach it :gonk:).

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I really like monster and was drinking like 4 or 5 cans a week but I decided it was not good for me and recently stopped. I still keep one can in my fridge because the huge amount of caffeine along with some pain meds does great for fighting a migraine. I will miss my early morning can on Fri/Sat/Sun though.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Monster energy, monster energy, monster energy, GUN

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
The first and only time I ever had Monster was about ten years ago at Mayhem Fest. And I should set this up by saying I don’t drink coffee, and when I need to wake up early after the most sleepless nights, a cup of green tea has me wired for hours.

It was about 100 degrees out and I’d been drinking, getting high, and getting beat up in mosh pits all day. I was dehydrated as gently caress and I noticed people lining up leaving a tent with big cups of water.

I needed water. So I stand in line with a million other stinky metalheads and when I finally get to the drink table I realize there’s no water. It looked like they were just pouring people giant cups of Gatorade. I got like two or three cups and it didn’t taste like Gatorade. Then I noticed all the Monster logos all over the place and put two and two together.

I was still very dehydrated but then was also full of sugar and caffein. I was energized before a giant crash. I jumped back in the mosh pit and watched some chick get her teeth knocked out. My friend on shrooms thought it was hilarious.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bula Vinaka posted:

Monster Ultra Zero has 140mg of caffeine. That's like 4 times the amount of a Coke.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Well poo poo I guess I'm wrong. I just don't feel it... if I slam 4 in a row of Coke or Pepsi I'd get sick too.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I also found out that Monster in Australia at least has 150mg of caffeine. So a double shot of coffee basically. There's a limit of 32mg per 100mL. Given a Monster/standard energy drink is like 500mL they cap out at 160mg.

So no insane 300mg drinks for us haha. Still like four times the caffeine of a Coke, but suddenly doesn't sound scary when caffeine wise 4 Coke cans = 1 Monster, because goddamn I watch people chug down Coke like it's fucken water.

People should cut down on soft drinks is the point. Drink more water, it's good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Monster Rehab is by far the best Monster flavors and arguably the best of all energy drinks. And simply because of them not being carbonated.

:hai: