Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I see lost in space season 3 dropped, is that still "people not talking to each other: the series" or is there something worth watching (I couldn't work up the energy to watch 2)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I mean, it's the final season. So, you either have it in you to watch the last 8 hours or so of a show or not. Doesn't have to be a huge decision.

It's very pretty at least.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Weird double post.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I honestly didn't know Lost in Space S2 had come out, so hearing that S3 is out was pretty surprising.

The only thing I remember from season 1 was that Molly Parker played the mom, Parker Posey was Dr. Smith, and the robot was actually an alien and a lot of people online wanted to gently caress it. Also I think their ship went into the ocean at one point?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2

Gaunab posted:

It makes me laugh thinking about how Netflix thought basing a series of shows around the works of Mark Millar was a good idea.
How's Super Crooks?

Sankis posted:

the saved by the bell reboot continues to be really loving good but no one i know will watch it
No one watches Peacock

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Lost in Space is weird because season 1 to 2 felt like they completely lost the series outline and scrambled to make something up. Season 1 feels like they're building up something with the robots, and then S2 doesn't move it forward that much.

Problem with those "mystery box" plot points means they can only stretch it out so much before you're out of material and just shoving in melodrama.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

coronatae posted:

Mine is that Shauna is totally pregnant and will have the baby in the wild and somehow the baby will stay behind when they're rescued and THAT'S who's sending the postcards

There's nothing quite like these takes and theories to remind me that reading comprehension and critical thought died a horrible death.

There’s still a lot of unknowns, but I suspect that first part is correct. surely Jackie will learn before (if) she dies

We still know that someone is watching them in the woods. My money would be on some sort of deliverance style situation involving a few deep woods rednecks. Maybe it could explain where some of them wind up in the future, because you know there will be at least one surprise reveal of an adult who we assumed dead. Could totally see a situation where the Irish one willingly joins a hostile redneck society.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

a new study bible! posted:

We still know that someone is watching them in the woods. My money would be on some sort of deliverance style situation involving a few deep woods rednecks. Maybe it could explain where some of them wind up in the future, because you know there will be at least one surprise reveal of an adult who we assumed dead. Could totally see a situation where the Irish one willingly joins a hostile redneck society.

Wait what to the huh?

I’m not saying the first part isn’t true, it could be, but what evidence do we have? We know someone was around because cabins don’t generally emerge from the ground and we saw the dead body and there was the creepy glyph, so there being people around is highly possible, but I don’t remember anything pointing to it necessarily being true that they’re being watched. Like don’t get me wrong, hosed Up Hillbilly Cult Worshipping Dark Forest Gods is my working hypothesis as of right now, I’m just keeping an open mind as we get more information. So if you noticed something I didn’t, please tell me.

And literally no clue who you mean by “the Irish one”. Typo? Does Van have red hair? None of the characters really scream “Irish” to me.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

There’s still a lot of unknowns, but I suspect that first part is correct. surely Jackie will learn before (if) she dies

Oh I agree the first part is probably true but I really doubt a stranded starving teenager is going to successfully carry a pregnancy to term and keep a newborn alive in the Canadian wilderness in winter. And then the baby somehow gets left behind still alive

If this show ever gets its own thread I'm setting up a Hall of Shame post to showcase the dumbest theories I've seen.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

coronatae posted:

Oh I agree the first part is probably true but I really doubt a stranded starving teenager is going to successfully carry a pregnancy to term and keep a newborn alive in the Canadian wilderness in winter. And then the baby somehow gets left behind still alive

If this show ever gets its own thread I'm setting up a Hall of Shame post to showcase the dumbest theories I've seen.

Ahem :

It’s all a really weird spin-off of Friends. Chandler’s gonna hunt those girls for sport.

“Could you be any more murdered?

(Please someone make a thread.)

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3986659

Here you go

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

I agree the Lynskey affair plot is weak, but it's Melanie Lynskey so I don't care. She's awesome.

I think I need to do a rewatch though, I mustn't have been paying much attention. I have no idea why Ricci and Lewis have been doing what they're doing beyond "we were sent a postcard".

Also, just to confirm, is Lynskey's husband in the current timeline the same guy she cheated with in the first episode as kids?
The reporter/author asking questions is a different character to Taissa's wife yeah?

Looten Plunder fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 2, 2021

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Also the credits say the episode was directed by "Bert & Bertie" which are apparently real people that go by that name.

They did episodes of Kidding & The Great which are two largely praised shows, so I guess that's a good thing?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Just briefly, since there's a thread now; yes he is and yes they're different.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 2, 2021

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
cheers. I spoilered my post now too so you can delete my quote if you like

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Xiahou Dun posted:

Wait what to the huh?

I’m not saying the first part isn’t true, it could be, but what evidence do we have? We know someone was around because cabins don’t generally emerge from the ground and we saw the dead body and there was the creepy glyph, so there being people around is highly possible, but I don’t remember anything pointing to it necessarily being true that they’re being watched. Like don’t get me wrong, hosed Up Hillbilly Cult Worshipping Dark Forest Gods is my working hypothesis as of right now, I’m just keeping an open mind as we get more information. So if you noticed something I didn’t, please tell me.

And literally no clue who you mean by “the Irish one”. Typo? Does Van have red hair? None of the characters really scream “Irish” to me.

I'm assuming the glint they notice from the lake was from a set of binoculars or something. Unless the glint was a reflection from a window or something, but from my experience a reflection of sunlight in the distance= a scope. Also, upon a quick rewatch, it appears to be moving and swelling a bit, so it seems unlikely to me that it was from a fixed object. Maybe I'm missing something?

Also yes, I was referring to the ginger girl. Back in the first episode I thought she had an Irish accent and my wife thought I was insane. It seems unlikely that she is actually Irish lol

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Edit : I am bad at tabs

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
watched the new episode (#6) of Joe Pera last night while very stoned and I swear it was the most beautiful 11 minutes of television I had ever seen

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Laterite posted:

I adore the man but, bless his heart, he should never try it again.

That's a shame I always thought he'd be a great Mr Fantastic

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

I've watched 3 episodes and I quit. It's just boring and I still don't know what the stakes are. I also quit Arcane and Cowbow Bebop halfway through them so maybe I'm a curmudgeon.

I'm planning to give Arcane another shot after being turned off by the single-mindedness dourness of its plotting. Hoping the middle three eps turn it out around. But I am absolutely perplexed by ppl here touting it as the best show going right now.

Hawkeye also turned me off after the first 2 eps, but I'll try the 3rd one to see if they turned it around ...eventually

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve watched the first six eps of Arcane. It’s so goddamn pretty, but the storytelling/characters are all really predictable and cliched. It’s extremely competent but doesn’t really excel in any way other than the insane visuals. I have someone on Facebook who was talking about how Jinx is such a complex and nuanced villain, and she just, like, isn’t!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

So...they made Harley Quinn British? Cos that gesture isn't any less rude over here.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

feedmegin posted:

So...they made Harley Quinn British? Cos that gesture isn't any less rude over here.

It's funny, I only ever really saw people doing it on the playground as a kid... very rarely as a grownup. I wonder if it's still a thing amongst kids?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Escobarbarian posted:

I’ve watched the first six eps of Arcane. It’s so goddamn pretty, but the storytelling/characters are all really predictable and cliched. It’s extremely competent but doesn’t really excel in any way other than the insane visuals. I have someone on Facebook who was talking about how Jinx is such a complex and nuanced villain, and she just, like, isn’t!

It is very cliché for sure, but I’ll give it a little more credit than that, since it does execute on its narrative arcs really well despite this. I think there’s a place for simple stories that go for style and emotion over substance - and for that I think it does a very good job. My main problem with it is that some of the themes are a bit messy and unresolved by the end, mostly because they’re setting up the second season.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 2, 2021

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Goddamn that Chucky Finale was great

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I didn't think Arcane was all that. The last few episodes in particular made a lot of unconvincing narrative leaps of logic. It's not tightly plotted enough to be a plot show, and the characters are shallow as a puddle.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Keen to watch. This show isn't high art, but I enjoy the poo poo out of it anyhow. Jennifer Tilly is so good in it too.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 2, 2021

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
My friend on Facebook literally shared a “therapist reacts to Jinx video” like dude her emotions are far from complex. it is an extremely obvious arc. I don’t need a therapist to explain that to me

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Escobarbarian posted:

My friend on Facebook literally shared a “therapist reacts to Jinx video” like dude her emotions are far from complex. it is an extremely obvious arc. I don’t need a therapist to explain that to me

But did you consider that she felt abandoned?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

do we know where it will drop? Hulu? Netflix? I'm waiting to binge it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Finished the Chucky finale. Not sure when this was filmed, but I suspect covid affected actor availability very suddenly. Still pretty good though, and very funny. Jennifer Tilly is living her best life.

LionArcher posted:

I suspect it'll be Peacock, but who knows TBH.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

LionArcher posted:

Syfy/USA stuff has stayed on syfy/USA lately. If it lands anywhere, it will likely be Peacock, but more than likely it will just live as OnDemand content for those two networks perpetually (like Killjoys).

It's the whole reason why the cancelled the expanse.

If you want to watch it, either bum a sub to youtubetv or something or buy the season for $20 at your favorite outlet. It's well worth it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I got an email saying its on Peacock now, but looks like its Premium.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I got an email saying its on Peacock now, but looks like its Premium.

I think I have a month left of that because I upgraded for Halloween Kills and forgot to turn it off. If I do I'll check it out there thanks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDekbN4EtaE
Amazon's more book accurate Jack Reacher series. Alan Ritchson is big but it kind of feels like they're goosing his height a little in some of these shots.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDekbN4EtaE
Amazon's more book accurate Jack Reacher series. Alan Ritchson is big but it kind of feels like they're goosing his height a little in some of these shots.

Well according to the always reliable google search he's the same height as me and I don't tower over literally other human in my vicinity like that so yeah I think so. Guess it could be just be a lot of much shorter costars. But he looks like he's being made taller than 6'2" in this to me.

X-O fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Dec 3, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
they should have casted Greg Davies instead

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm just happy to see Malcolm Goodwin in something again. He was one of the best parts of iZombie.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

muscles like this! posted:

I'm just happy to see Malcolm Goodwin in something again. He was one of the best parts of iZombie.

Yeah I don't remember Babineaux being very short and if Alan is being shot at 6'2" there that would make him like 5'2" or so and I don't think so.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Man, Fffuuuck I know what you did last summer The ending reveal and how the killer got away with it in the end credits soured me. Such awful people on the show.