Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dexanth posted:

##Vote Grandi

If Grandi is scum, Shell almost certainly is. If Grandi is not scum, I think Shell is town and become hella suspicious of Bif.

Presumably you are also town who also feels suspicious of Grandi though

Anyway I do like the case on Circl and Tom has had a better hit rate than me so far so I'm not opposed to it,but I am really feeling bad about stepping down from Grandi cause he is so good at straddling that line of people getting ready to lunch him but always chickening out or getting distracted

Also that "are you and Tobbs scum together" reads like totally leaning into a Tainted Vote play, letting scumbro Tobbs get in on the bus early while also trying to make my case look worse and scary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I know one way to find out if Bif and Tobbs are scumbros.

##vote Tobbs

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CirclMastr posted:

I know one way to find out if Bif and Tobbs are scumbros.

##vote Tobbs

I had you as lean town, but this looks like caught scum grasping for survival by pushing the guy who very nearly got turboed 5 minutes to deadline.

And me and Bif as scumbros, really?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

And me and Bif as scumbros, really?

While I obviously agree with this sentiment, god I cannot read anything Tobbs posts lately as anything other than hamming it up to try and make it look like yes,we are scumbros! Don't listen to our votes here!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
It is early so I'll be brief, will post more when awake.

Sorry I was a bit away those past days. A personal event happened that made me realize I really needed to step back from mafia-ing for a bit. I am better, should be good, now. Not that that'll mean much but I should be able to try a bit more.

This is mafia Groundhog Day. We should stand at a worst case scenario 6-3 or 5-1-3 (should we have a surprise 3per around) if I am counting right? So we should stand close to MYLO, but we still have a tiny margin, I think.

I'll go ahead and say my action failed this night. I tried to give Maer an item. I know the NK was missing and where that puts me, but I prefer to come out clean with it.

Will read the rest of the day a bit later and comment on it. Sorry I am not more sharp for now.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Sandicap posted:

(broken "Enter Shop" quote goes here)

What for?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

Not even after yesterday when she was waffling a lot and helping Grandi line up Deadmeat with night action poo poo?

If you know of another way I could try and case Dead for, I'd like to hear it. Dude's all night action poo poo, he doesn't usually give reads, and when he does, he's usually short and concise. I have scummed with him - and when that happened, he got caught on a confused night claim.

If by "waffling a lot" you mean I made a post with reads, clarified the one on Mae when asked (god that was some awful paragraph I wrote, too), then voted the dude I had a "possibly scum" read on, I think there's a good amount of misrepresentation going on on your part.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Dexanth posted:

##Vote Grandi

If Grandi is scum, Shell almost certainly is. If Grandi is not scum, I think Shell is town and become hella suspicious of Bif. Either way I think this is more informative than Circl, but Tom if you can stop another NK here somehow I'll be inclined to happily take Circl out tomorrow.

But yea I don't see handing out Loved as anything but content neutral here.

This was happening last day. Dead had four votes and no pushback, I had... one? I am iffy on vote timing because it all happens at the same time to me, I read it when I wake up and then there's a lot of content and zero context, so feel free to correct me.

Sandicap posted:

I'm down for a Tobbs or Shell switch.
The lack of pushback on deadmeat has me concerned too. Would the scum give up on one of their own that easily? Or are they just the silent non-voters just hoping it sort of disappears.

So, if the "Shell and Grandi are scummates" theory is correct, Grandi here was trying to pull out votes from a town lunch into a scummate lunch? I got a bit of heat yesterday, but I was nowhere near to being the lunch objective, and I wouldn't have been, hadn't this pull materialized. How does that make sense at all?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shellception posted:

If you know of another way I could try and case Dead for, I'd like to hear it.

Considering he was town it would've been allowed to just NOT case him, yknow? This is a weird statement.

Shellception posted:

This was happening last day. Dead had four votes and no pushback, I had... one? I am iffy on vote timing because it all happens at the same time to me, I read it when I wake up and then there's a lot of content and zero context, so feel free to correct me.

So, if the "Shell and Grandi are scummates" theory is correct, Grandi here was trying to pull out votes from a town lunch into a scummate lunch? I got a bit of heat yesterday, but I was nowhere near to being the lunch objective, and I wouldn't have been, hadn't this pull materialized. How does that make sense at all?

Hey get this, since I am town I don't actually know for sure that both of y'all are scum.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

Considering he was town it would've been allowed to just NOT case him, yknow? This is a weird statement.

Hey get this, since I am town I don't actually know for sure that both of y'all are scum.

Your second paragraph actually answers your first paragraph here.

Of course it'd have been way better to not case him, since he was town. But, you know? That line of thought requires knowing he was town to start with. Which I didn't.

Also, I don't expect anyone but scum to know both mine and Grandi's status. Hell, I don't know his, apart from my reads. That's why I brought a line of reasoning here, one that doesn't require knowing either of our alignments.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shellception posted:

Your second paragraph actually answers your first paragraph here.

Of course it'd have been way better to not case him, since he was town. But, you know? That line of thought requires knowing he was town to start with. Which I didn't.

Also, I don't expect anyone but scum to know both mine and Grandi's status. Hell, I don't know his, apart from my reads. That's why I brought a line of reasoning here, one that doesn't require knowing either of our alignments.

I'm really just having a chuckle at you sounding like, "well how else was I supposed to case him?"

Anyway, forget the bit about you and Grandi both being scum. if you are town you know your alignment and know that can't be true, yadda yadda yadda ok sure. Just gimme your read on Grandi himself.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sure. Take this as an update of last day's reads, because I was pretty clear on them yesterday, I think.

Grandi reads to me as a bit defensive or exhasperated in tone. The defensiveness is easy to understand, since he's being questioned, although I've definitely perceived him as defensive at other points in the game. The exasperation, at this point, I'll buy as more town than scum leaning, since we're pretty close to losing.

Sandicap posted:

It's not helping that I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

I was writing a shell case and deleted it because I felt like I was forcing facts to meet my narrative. I think there's something there, especially with the RF interactions, but I'll be damned if I can't put it in words.

This gave me a chuckle in how honestly frustrated it sounded. Your case doesn't fit, why would that be?

Apart from that, I don't think ScumGrandi would give a rat's tail about forcing facts into his case. If you're going to fake a case, you don't care it sounds odd, it's fake to begin with! Let town deal with that, lol.

Sandicap posted:

I'm down for a Tobbs or Shell switch.
The lack of pushback on deadmeat has me concerned too. Would the scum give up on one of their own that easily? Or are they just the silent non-voters just hoping it sort of disappears.

Forcing a switch from town into town? Why. Or forcing a switch from town into scum? Again, why.

Sandicap posted:

And I think that was the first mention of loved, but yeah, Hal is loved now, I attempted to give it to Tom and he intercepted it.

Not sure why so much mystery around the loved thing, tbh, I thought it was something worse. But eh. Pretty neutral on that, as someone else pointed out - it doesn't give you town cred one way or the other.

I thought his first vote on Dead was strange - Dead had claimed to repair things, not recharge one-shot abilities. There are definitely some questions I still have around Grandi. However, his actions on a whole still read to me as town, even as pretty frustrated town, which given where we stand in the game, well.

Can I be wrong? Of course, and it wouldn't even been the first time ScumGrandi fools me (nor the worst!). But that's my read, and that's where I stand now.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shellception posted:

Apart from that, I don't think ScumGrandi would give a rat's tail about forcing facts into his case. If you're going to fake a case, you don't care it sounds odd, it's fake to begin with! Let town deal with that, lol.

Scums normally care quite a lot about their cases sounding odd! But if he's ScumGrandi though, it's all theatre.

"But why would he care about forcing facts into a case-" he wouldn't. He'd care about playing the role of a befuddled indecisive townie. The whole scenario in the first place, which you're taking completely at face value here, would be just an act to stay in townie character.

Shellception posted:

Forcing a switch from town into town? Why. Or forcing a switch from town into scum? Again, why.

To Mafia Dad for a minute here, scum pushing a switch from town to town is awesome for them, cause then everyone prolly goes "oh man how did we choose wrong and let that other guy get away?!?" and there you go you got another mislunch all ready.

As for switching from town to scum, well... Deadmeat was the only push yesterday he succeeded on. You seem to be overselling Grandi's level of "forcing" here. Just like you oversold how much townie cred Grandi should be getting for the RF lunch.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

Hal you're still voting Dex, do you still think Dex is scummy?

Bifauxnen posted:

And you think he is townie because.....

Bifauxnen posted:

Not sure why you still got Shell in your towniest category though Dex

Bifauxnen posted:

Hm, really? Good enough to back off him at least for now? Well wake me up if there's a massclaim later.

I'm still still a bit wary of Shell since this bit here felt like it was trying to set up a bad gotcha:

Maer, how's your Shelldar looking?

Bifauxnen posted:

Not even after yesterday when she was waffling a lot and helping Grandi line up Deadmeat with night action poo poo?

Bifauxnen posted:

Presumably you are also town who also feels suspicious of Grandi though.

(snipped the rest for irrelevancy, clic for full)

There's something that caught my eye - you seem to have spent a good amount of time this game trying to get other people to call players scummy. What's that? If you think someone's scummy, case or question them. This kind of play really stinks of scum backseating reads.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Because figuring out who is scummy is only a fraction of mafia. The rest is herding all the cats to get off their rear end and actually lunch who you think is scummy.

And pressing people to see if they'll admit on the spot that they think some specific person or act is scummy is a great way to try and feel out where people's loyalties lie, or if they sound awkward or evasive and put on the spot about it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Getting kinda annoyed by Grandi and Shell taking shifts on who sounds shadier to basically play keep-away with my vote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Like God that last Shell post was so cherrypicky

Can you just be a bit more direct, Shell?

Do. You. Think. I'm. Scum.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

Like God that last Shell post was so cherrypicky

Can you just be a bit more direct, Shell?

Do. You. Think. I'm. Scum.

Of course I do! I have been saying that since yesterday. Actually had the read way before, but it was kinda tied to you cheerleading Toal on me, so when Toal came out as town, I stopped believing in it. But no, you didn't really change much.

You think I am scum - fair. You haven't done a lick to convince anyone else, except for pointing at one or another post of mine and going "hey, that sounded scummy, she may be scum". Which I can buy as a puntual thing. When it couples when you asking other people to case me, while not offering any arguments of your own, yeah. That goes over "wanting to know other people's opinions" into "throwing some shade on her, just in case I need to move people to vote her later".

It's noncommitant, because when I flip, and I flip town (surprise!) then you can wash your hands, because you just had that feeling but the cases were all other people.

So, yeah. I think you are scum.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

LAST MINUTE SWING ONTO SHELL OR GRANDI LET'S GO CMOOOOOON

seriously though I am kinda paranoid that they're just framing up Deadmeat

Don't know if we can get a lunch really anywhere else at this rate but hey I'll be on lunch around deadline if I need to change back

##vote Shell

Picked her over Grandi cause Tobbs hearing my early suspicion on Grandi and then all cheerleading it ASAP also has me paranoid

Bifauxnen posted:

To Mafia Dad for a minute here, scum pushing a switch from town to town is awesome for them, cause then everyone prolly goes "oh man how did we choose wrong and let that other guy get away?!?" and there you go you got another mislunch all ready.

Also, you somehow just cleared one of the doubts I had on you today - the vote switcher wasn't just Grandi, and that was making me second-guess you, too.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

There's something that caught my eye - you seem to have spent a good amount of time this game trying to get other people to call players scummy. What's that? If you think someone's scummy, case or question them. This kind of play really stinks of scum backseating reads.

Yeah I dunno pulling 5 posts out at random where bif tries to make people give more reads isn't really much of anything, kind of a weird post and I don't even get what you are trying to convey about bif.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

Sure. Take this as an update of last day's reads, because I was pretty clear on them yesterday, I think.

Grandi reads to me as a bit defensive or exhasperated in tone. The defensiveness is easy to understand, since he's being questioned, although I've definitely perceived him as defensive at other points in the game. The exasperation, at this point, I'll buy as more town than scum leaning, since we're pretty close to losing.

This gave me a chuckle in how honestly frustrated it sounded. Your case doesn't fit, why would that be?

Not sure why so much mystery around the loved thing, tbh, I thought it was something worse. But eh. Pretty neutral on that, as someone else pointed out - it doesn't give you town cred one way or the other.

I thought his first vote on Dead was strange - Dead had claimed to repair things, not recharge one-shot abilities. There are definitely some questions I still have around Grandi. However, his actions on a whole still read to me as town, even as pretty frustrated town, which given where we stand in the game, well.

Can I be wrong? Of course, and it wouldn't even been the first time ScumGrandi fools me (nor the worst!). But that's my read, and that's where I stand now.

I am still on the fence about grandi but these points are also weird! Of course scum will care if their case looks fake and made up, that is how they get caught being scum! As far as the switch thing, that is a little less clear cut, especially the switch from town to scum, but if you think deadmeat will be easily gotten back to the next day sure it is worth it to force a last minute switch to another town so you have a safe landing place back on deadmeat the next day. These are like insane things scum would never do or anything

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

I'll go ahead and say my action failed this night. I tried to give Maer an item. I know the NK was missing and where that puts me, but I prefer to come out clean with it.

This is interesting because I swapped with you last night and the report I got back was that no one used any powers on either of us.

Our resident webber Tobbs claimed to be out of charges and to not have webbed Maer at any point.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was definitely inclined to go with circl since I have thought they were scummy for a few days now but this shell thing is now intriguing me

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

Yeah I dunno pulling 5 posts out at random where bif tries to make people give more reads isn't really much of anything, kind of a weird post and I don't even get what you are trying to convey about bif.

What I am trying to say it's that those posts don't look to me like town trying to pull more reads. They are almost all worded the other way, they're trying to get people to agree that someone's scummy. Which is a good way to make other people responsible for lunching them, and one that's awfully convenient if they end up being town.

Hal Insandenza posted:

This is interesting because I swapped with you last night and the report I got back was that no one used any powers on either of us.

Our resident webber Tobbs claimed to be out of charges and to not have webbed Maer at any point.

Well, that IS interesting. I got a "your action failed" message as the only explanation. If you swapped with me, neither of us got blocked? Hm. Not sure what that would mean, tbh.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Hal Insandenza posted:

I am still on the fence about grandi but these points are also weird! Of course scum will care if their case looks fake and made up, that is how they get caught being scum! As far as the switch thing, that is a little less clear cut, especially the switch from town to scum, but if you think deadmeat will be easily gotten back to the next day sure it is worth it to force a last minute switch to another town so you have a safe landing place back on deadmeat the next day. These are like insane things scum would never do or anything

Yeah, I do actually agree on the swapping town targets thing. It boggled my mind a bit when it happened, which was why I mentioned it, but you both are right on that it doesn't really tell much.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees
I would like more people to comment on Tom's Circl case cause that feels fairly compelling to me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shellception posted:

Yeah, I do actually agree on the swapping town targets thing. It boggled my mind a bit when it happened, which was why I mentioned it, but you both are right on that it doesn't really tell much.

How about switching from scum to scum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dexanth posted:

I would like more people to comment on Tom's Circl case cause that feels fairly compelling to me

I think it's a good case! But there's so much more meat here with Shell and Grandi I am going to lose my freaking mind if neither of them gets lunched

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Also,lol at this

Shellception posted:

Of course I do! I have been saying that since yesterday. Actually had the read way before, but it was kinda tied to you cheerleading Toal on me, so when Toal came out as town, I stopped believing in it. But no, you didn't really change much.

You think I am scum - fair. You haven't done a lick to convince anyone else, except for pointing at one or another post of mine and going "hey, that sounded scummy, she may be scum". Which I can buy as a puntual thing. When it couples when you asking other people to case me, while not offering any arguments of your own, yeah. That goes over "wanting to know other people's opinions" into "throwing some shade on her, just in case I need to move people to vote her later".

It's noncommitant, because when I flip, and I flip town (surprise!) then you can wash your hands, because you just had that feeling but the cases were all other people.

So, yeah. I think you are scum.

From someone who's not even voting me

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Christ that whole explanation there is giving me Anidav vibes the more I look at it

##vote Shell

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shell: *lists all these totally normal things for scum to do as reasons why it's so unthinkable for Grandi to be scum*

Also Shell: *concocts some hodgepodge rationalisation for why anything I do to prod people for content is actually scummy*

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maer any insight as to why shell would not be able to visit you last night?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

Also,lol at this

From someone who's not even voting me

Sure, I can vote you. That doesn't affect the argument, I 've been pretty clear on what I think and why, and we are at the start of the day. We're not no-lunching.

Dexanth posted:

Tom's case does feel solid. Trouble is, I personally have a hard time with making what I have seen Circlr do as scum fit with how Circlr is playing here. It's a meta barrier, and probably stupid, but it is there. I am not opposed at all to us exploring that case, especially not to hearing from Circlr himself.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shellception posted:

Sure, I can vote you. That doesn't affect the argument, I 've been pretty clear on what I think and why, and we are at the start of the day. We're not no-lunching.

Just saying,casting a vote on someone is the most clear and straightforward way to express the basic mafia concept of "hey. I think this person is scum. I think this is the person who should get lunched today (and therefore I hope enough of y'all will vote with me too, to make a majority)"

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hal Insandenza posted:

I'm not seeing the play where Shell would lie about getting blocked here. So there are 3 options.
1) Tobbs is lying
a) Tobbs did web Maer in the past and didn't claim it
b) Tobbs isn't out of web charges and did it a night when he was supposed to be firing blanks
2) Hal is lying, he didn't get a report that nothing targeted him or Shell
3) There is a roleblock ninja

I don't think it's 3. We are basically full claimed at this point, I know scum can lie about their roles, but we have a flipped jailer, and a webber claimed already. There haven't been any unexplained roleblocks yet, so unless the roleblocker was previously the one doing the kills and didn't last night, this seems unlikley. Especially since it didn't show up on Hal's scopes.
I don't think it's 2. Hal lying doesn't make sense here. If Hal is on the scum team with Shell and is trying to clear her for being blocked. Why wouldn't Shell just not say she was blocked? If Shell was blocked and Hal is scum, there is no need to make up evidence to make her seem scummy, it's already there in claiming that she was blocked on a night with no kill.

I think it's #1. Tobbs is lying.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Shellception posted:

Tom's case does feel solid. Trouble is, I personally have a hard time with making what I have seen Circlr do as scum fit with how Circlr is playing here. It's a meta barrier, and probably stupid, but it is there. I am not opposed at all to us exploring that case, especially not to hearing from Circlr himself.

What does Circl do as scum

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

What does Circl do as scum

Lurk to mod-warning levels, IIRC. And post nervous one-liners when he posts. Though I am re-checking USSR and hm, maybe I'm mistaken here and he is a bit more talkative than I gave him credit for.

Ok, interested on where that's heading now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandicap posted:

I'm not seeing the play where Shell would lie about getting blocked here. So there are 3 options.
1) Tobbs is lying
a) Tobbs did web Maer in the past and didn't claim it
b) Tobbs isn't out of web charges and did it a night when he was supposed to be firing blanks
2) Hal is lying, he didn't get a report that nothing targeted him or Shell
3) There is a roleblock ninja

I don't think it's 3. We are basically full claimed at this point, I know scum can lie about their roles, but we have a flipped jailer, and a webber claimed already. There haven't been any unexplained roleblocks yet, so unless the roleblocker was previously the one doing the kills and didn't last night, this seems unlikley. Especially since it didn't show up on Hal's scopes.
I don't think it's 2. Hal lying doesn't make sense here. If Hal is on the scum team with Shell and is trying to clear her for being blocked. Why wouldn't Shell just not say she was blocked? If Shell was blocked and Hal is scum, there is no need to make up evidence to make her seem scummy, it's already there in claiming that she was blocked on a night with no kill.

I think it's #1. Tobbs is lying.

Why would Tobbs web Maer? Unless they were scum together?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Bifauxnen posted:

Uh hasn't Maerlyn been passing em out every drat day

Yes but Circl wouldn't know this, he hasn't been a recipient to date.

Shellception posted:

That is strange, maybe someone blocked you? I don't have any built in RB in my role so I don't know why it would have failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

When(if) Tobbs flips scum I am down for chasing that rabbit.