Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PIZZA.BAT)

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

this fucken decor man (also a few thread replies)

https://twitter.com/cheapocrappy/status/1466178325743869955

the TV lounge is a thing of wonder

manic mansion remaster looking sweet af

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

dan flashes rear end tv room

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

:stare: holy poo poo this is incredible. built in 2004 according a post in that thread.

ah, managed to find a listing https://www.trulia.com/p/tx/sugar-land/21-grand-mnr-sugar-land-tx-77479--1125528478

wow :eyepop:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
somebody send this to notch, he might want another one

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

lol

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"why yes i would like to live in an empty early 90s mall"

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I'm liking the 4-way Orb Pondering table with minimal legroom

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Pedals definitely own but I just use Guitar rig because it would be a huge waste of space and money to get all the pedals I'd want and still sound like poo poo

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'm liking the 4-way Orb Pondering table with minimal legroom

is that supposed to be a knockoff Faberge egg in the middle there?

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

a Fabergé Orb

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

a proco rat cause i love ugly distortion
the rat is so so good. if I had to get rid of everything but one pedal, I’d keep that one

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXUuPzp_-aM

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

Sweevo posted:

"why yes i would like to live in an empty early 90s mall"

Unironically, yes? (okay, so maybe there's a bit of irony)

i bought my house recently, and it has a 2 car garage that was converted to an addition, but never finished. Decided that it would make a good "lounge/board gaming room" and kinda went off the rails (especially after i got that memphis coffee table for cheap).

forgive the mess, it's still a work in progress and i've been using it as a place to paint some stuff. I swear the rest of the house is normal.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

that's really cool :)

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib
i feel like it's prudent to mention that the previous owner never finished out the A) because he was an organist and B) he was a hoarder and C) those things combined meant there was a full on theater pipe organ in there. I was able to find a music school to donate it too, can't say the same for the rest of the poo poo he left behind.

Here's a time lapse of the music school removing it. this is after i cleared out the poo poo that was stacked to the rafters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guV8fKEIxsI

edit: the grand piano was also left behind, on its side in the corner under a bunch of newspapers.

QuantumPotato fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 2, 2021

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i'm digging that two-tone floor with that accent wall and curtains

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

QuantumPotato posted:

i feel like it's prudent to mention that the previous owner never finished out the A) because he was an organist and B) he was a hoarder and C) those things combined meant there was a full on theater pipe organ in there. I was able to find a music school to donate it too, can't say the same for the rest of the poo poo he left behind.

Here's a time lapse of the music school removing it. this is after i cleared out the poo poo that was stacked to the rafters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guV8fKEIxsI

holy gently caress that's so cool - id try to keep it and learn it hehe

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib
i was definitely torn on getting rid of it, i have a friend who is a classically trained organist who volunteered to teach me (and also put me in touch with the music school). it just took up a lot of space and needed a decent amount of work to get it into proper playing shape. we did manage to get it fired up though, fucker was DEAFENING. wasn't really designed to be used in a 20 by 20 box.

On the upside, the music school is having it fully refurbished and installing it into a new recital hall they're building. Gonna have a little brass plaque with my name on it.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

QuantumPotato posted:

i bought my house recently, and it has a 2 car garage that was converted to an addition, but never finished. Decided that it would make a good "lounge/board gaming room" and kinda went off the rails (especially after i got that memphis coffee table for cheap).

forgive the mess, it's still a work in progress and i've been using it as a place to paint some stuff. I swear the rest of the house is normal.

you need a rug and some sound treatments on the walls. the reflections in there must be awful

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

you need a rug and some sound treatments on the walls. the reflections in there must be awful

dont think they do any more

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

QuantumPotato posted:

On the upside, the music school is having it fully refurbished and installing it into a new recital hall they're building. Gonna have a little brass plaque with my name on it.

this is legit making me feel giddy - im so happy for you - thats rad as gently caress

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib

infernal machines posted:

absolutely. i'm still searching for a rug, wall treatments, lamps, decor, etc. I haven't really been working on it though, i've been focusing on the rest of the house. It's just me and the dog, and i've been doing it all myself, since the dog doesn't contribute much more than moral support.

the piano just got tuned and it sounds really good in there though.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

nice!

that does sound like the best way to handle a solo reno project

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the little brass plaque thing is dope as hell, thats excellent

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Vintersorg posted:

this is legit making me feel giddy - im so happy for you - thats rad as gently caress

:yossame:

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

QuantumPotato posted:

that flooring owns

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
im really digging the posting tent

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib
the whole thing was wild, the rust-belt area pipe organ community is very, very small. there are basically only 2 guys left who service and install organs in michigan and both of them were there disassembly day voluntarily. turns out, moving an organ is a big task. every single pipe has to be labeled to its corresponding location in the rank, and then packed up appropriately. the older guy realized that he actually moved and installed this specific organ into a small church in ann arbor in the 1970s. He later invited me to a facebook group of techs/enthusiasts who were unpacking it's history by just puzzling together who serviced it when and where.

I still think the funniest part is that the music school is part of a larger university in ohio, and originally the marching band was supposed to come as manual labor, this was back in april of this year, and they all gave each other covid. So, they had to round up college kids who weren't quarantined. Who were the only group of kids they could find?

Computer Science Majors. YOSPOS, baby.

QuantumPotato
Feb 3, 2005

Fallen Rib
also, i'm not in the video, because i'm in the backyard, fixing the school's janky rear end box truck that died in my driveway so they could get back home. alternator was going bad, and fried the battery. out of sheer luck, i'm a car idiot who had a spare battery and GM alternator from a junkyard LS i stripped for a build.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i would love to finish our garage, but it has our (gas) water heater and now washer/dryer in there so it'd be kinda weird putting in real flooring and drywall. there's also a broken water softener that i guess we'll have replaced One Day. i guess it's not that hard to shut off the gas and move poo poo, then reattach it but dangit that's a lot of work and would mean we'd have to involve the plumber

as is it's slowly turning into a big work space and probably gonna end up with some workout equipment in there. basically if ms jones is happy parking in the driveway instead of the garage, it will own. i think she will be, because some of the workout stuff is her treadmill. we have given the local junk hauler a lot of business hauling away the previous owners stuff and a good amount of packing material

easy mode would be to just lay some interlocking tile and leave out where the heater and washer/dryer are. maybe ill look into that. so many other things to do first, though

plus with the gas in there i cant get over the thought that it's dangerous to hang out in there for really extended periods. im really sketch about carbon monoxide

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

eh you can stick in a couple of carbon monoxide detectors for peace of mind

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah of course, but WhAt If ThEy BoTh FaIl?!?!?!?!

it's not really a rational worry

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
just get some CO detectors for ur home in general. they're cheap so theres not really a reason not to have them.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

just get some CO detectors for ur home in general. they're cheap so theres not really a reason not to have them.

judging from average post quality in here this is advice applicable to all of yospos tbh

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i had "mild" CO poisoning in an old apartment once when a chimney on the building got plugged with ice build up in the winter. woke up with the worst, most confusing headache i have ever had in my life. went outside to get fresh air and the fire dept pulled up and evacuated everyone.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

polyester concept posted:

i had "mild" CO poisoning in an old apartment once when a chimney on the building got plugged with ice build up in the winter. woke up with the worst, most confusing headache i have ever had in my life. went outside to get fresh air and the fire dept pulled up and evacuated everyone.

i used to listen to Uhh Yeah Dude, and there was this whole story arc where over several episodes both of the hosts gradually started getting cranky and illogical with each other instead of chill and funny and eventually they discovered a CO leak in the living room they used for a studio

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Shaggar posted:

got em. one in the hall by the bedrooms and furnace, one in teh door by the garage. gonna put in more but we're still figuring out where the furniture goes

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

my friend, her boyfriend, his entire family, and her dog all died from CO poisoning when i was in college. i do not gently caress around with CO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that sucks. everyone check ur detectors and make sure the batteries are good and the detectors are not expired.