Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

dog nougat posted:

Counterpoint the MAV is a super fun battle wagon/taxi. Once you get the TOW launcher it becomes pretty viable against armor. You just have to use terrain and your speed to juke the tanks. Thankfully more people are starting to realize the first gunner slot has an HMG to go against infantry with. It really works best an infantry support vehicle/mobile cover. Just crank the classical station and roll with the infantry focusing on several points and it's a lot of fun.

They’re great and I love driving them, just don’t expect to unlock much for them. Battle Bus for life. They can turn a game around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lmao the bolte takes 3 rockets to kill like the olde hovercrafte

the high power ntw-50 rounds kill both the bolte and hovercraft in 5 shots

to kill the hovercraft, 2 ntw-50 hp rounds + 1 rocket

to kill the bolte, 3 ntw-50 hp rounds + 1 rocket

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?
They have a Sniper & Knives mode in the featured Portal section. Really fun! It's Deathmatch where you get 2 bullets and a kill gives you two bullets.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Hot Diggity! posted:

Why would you buy a BF game on steam when it still launches through origin

I like funding Gaben's Eagle's Nest in New Zealand rather than give all that money to EA.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Frog Act posted:

yeah I loved BFV and I don't think anything matched it's level of fun until BC2 or so but I basically never hear anyone mention it outside of occasional praise for the music in helicopters (which also owned)
People also praise the helicopter hook/vehicle winch which was amazing and should have been in more Battlefield games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQvo6Ty0j-g

But I also fear that if they try to bring it back carrying a vehicle will have a 50% chance to crash the server or something.

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
New patch is live. If it breaks your mouse the fix is to delete everything that starts with GstKeyBinding.infrantry in the PROFSAVE_profile file.

Amazing work Dice!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

drewmoney posted:

New patch is live. If it breaks your mouse the fix is to delete everything that starts with GstKeyBinding.infrantry in the PROFSAVE_profile file.

Amazing work Dice!

https://twitter.com/DRUNKKZ3/status/1466329974684762114?s=20

Oh :dice:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Yeah I just spent 10 minutes waiting for a hazard zone match to start and when it finally did, all three of my teammates had the mouse bug and had to quit. Just... lol dice, lol

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
They overhauled the keybind settings screen but it isn't really any better or more readable, just different.

While breaking everyone's mouse movement. Just :dice: things. It's not just infantry either. Vehicles have broken mouse movement as well.

Reseting keybinds in the menu doesn't fix it either. Just stellar work.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
https://twitter.com/DRUNKKZ3/status/1466330033220464643

Isn't the USB protocol the same for every mouse regardless of manufacturer since the 90s? I've used modern wireless USB mice with Windows 98

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

lmao jesus christ, they’re destroying any good will these patches were meant to fix

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

i am away from my computer, someone please make sure this image i just saw on reddit isn't real

jesus loving christ

lmfao this game is hosed

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i will be furious if they release that without a skin that makes the transports look like sleighs

drewmoney
Mar 11, 2004
Rush on the bf2042 maps is actually fun. And with less players it doesn't run like poo poo. Will play more!

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Wait, they finally did proper Rush with smaller servers :stare:

That's exactly what I've been asking for

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Yeah the rush mode is actually pretty good, who'd have thought. Not dice obviously.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I'd love to try it but unfortunately I only get persistance errors trying to join it :negative:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Tried playing a bit last night but the keyboard kept thinking it was stuck. I'd press left and then slide left until I hit terrain. The back key would make me go forward. The forward key did nothing. Etc.

Anyone else experience this?

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Ynglaur posted:

Tried playing a bit last night but the keyboard kept thinking it was stuck. I'd press left and then slide left until I hit terrain. The back key would make me go forward. The forward key did nothing. Etc.

Anyone else experience this?

Not like that but I've had controls take a poo poo multiple times losing input, not being able to fire, change weapons, that sort of thing. Redeploy usually has worked but I'm bored and frustrated with the game enough at this point that input jank just makes me sigh and quit on the spot.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013
The santa costume rules because it's gotten Reddit to meltdown so hard to the point of "it's actually about battlefield condition portrayal in a post apocalyptic climate change world"

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Why would you buy a BF game on steam when it still launches through origin

Steam is also the most expensive place to buy it.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Rush 2042 is so much better than the main mode. This is silly. This should be the main mode.

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

Jeff Fatwood posted:

The santa costume rules because it's gotten Reddit to meltdown so hard to the point of "it's actually about battlefield condition portrayal in a post apocalyptic climate change world"

I would imagine that in a post apocalyptic world more people would dress up as Santa than usual.

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i will be furious if they release that without a skin that makes the transports look like sleighs

Close enough :3:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Lol I want that dumb looking Santa skin for boris.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
Lol reddit is REALLY angry about the santa costume

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Fart Car '97 posted:

No. The push for matchmakers vs browsers and the extinction of browsers is because the MMR keeps players playing the game. It might take someone a few attempts to find a 'good' server and they may just stop playing. MMR on the other hand, just dumps players into a new game which keeps pushing the "well I'll play one more game" button.

So if that's the reason why not have both? Steady servers you can join on and matchmaking that just pops you I to one if you don't want to bother? I feel like this has done before but can't remember which game it was.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Where is there info about santa costumes? I see nothing ingame

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the santa costume has two sleigh bells under the groin that jingle upon crouching

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dog nougat posted:

Lol I want that dumb looking Santa skin for boris.

Especially because I’ve been joking the Boris looks like poor hobo Santa anyway.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
If that is real, how do I get it? Seems a good substitute to harvest outrage given the lack of player tags.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Finally got the AC-42 and it's nice having an AR I can use! Three round burst solves for the issue I'd have where I'd land 1-2 shots and dudes would always juke or get away before I could finish them. (Also I am getting old and bad at fighting recoil, so having functionally less is very nice.)

Collapsing Farts posted:

Rush 2042 is so much better than the main mode. This is silly. This should be the main mode.

I feel like we've been saying Breakthrough is go-to ITT since shortly after launch. It's 100% clear it's what the maps were designed for, which seem way too big otherwise. I do agree it should be default though.

e: Oh I didn't realize there was a proper Rush now!

Chad Sexington fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 2, 2021

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Yeah but breakthrough isn't Rush. Rush has the bombs you can arm/disarm, much less vehicles and the maps are a lot smaller and focused.

The new Rush in 2042 is really good and is basically BC2 which is my favourite battlefield game.

Collapsing Farts fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 2, 2021

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I am in absolute shock that despite them testing 128 players nearly a decade ago finding it extremely unfun that swapping to a mode with less players and more focused maps creates a better game. How is this possible????

Noonsa
Jan 18, 2003
For the love of god, anything other than the
LOL at the Santa skin. There's also a Crocodile Dundee?-like skin for Mackay.
I guess this just shows that the tonal shift is irreversible for Battlefield.

I have to chuckle at the thought of desperate US and Russia governments locked in a hell war over dwindling resources hiring mercenaries that dress up in Santa outfits and have reindeers painted on their tanks.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I had to start and restart the game for Steam to properly update my game. Just a tip if you have issues.

Also, reposting this if you have the mouse bug (can't move mouse left or right), this fix worked just fine:

Open the file PROFSAVE_profile located in user/Documents/Battlefield 2042/settings with a text editor (maybe make a copy first just in case).

Look for the lines that start with "GstKeyBinding.infantry.ConceptYaw" and delete all of them

Elerion
May 31, 2011
War. War never changes. Ding dong merrily on high.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
DICE is just trying to weed out the younger crowd who never had to use a combination of Page Up/Down and arrow keys to aim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
The people on Reddit swearing allegiance to never reviving, healing, or resupplying teammates who wear the Santa outfit just make want to use that skin even more.