Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Maerlyn posted:

Ok so my watch actions:

N1 IA (no visitors) Squiggles dies
N2 Plastic (no visitors) Bif dies
N3 Merk (no visitors) Plastic dies

If scum rolecopped Plastic it would have been on N1... You know, the night IA claimed that he RBed Toal and Toal was town.

So looking back at D2 these posts about Plastic make more sense coming from Voodoo (known scum) and Toal if Toal is the scum rolecop. Toal found their target and killed him N3. If it's not Toal it's merk by process of elimination isn't it? RF and Somber were targeted cells, Sandwolf is 3P if he's being honest. I don't believe merk is scum. I'm not scum.

You can vote sandwolf and test my theory and still execute me safely tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Toalpaz posted:

If you're town mae, and you see that there are 2 scum in the game.

There are 2 confirmed town on one side of the vote, and 2 players that had scum reads on each other (merk had a scum read start of day of sandwolf). Where are the remaining scum then?

They are on your side of the vote.

If there is another scum, it's somber who is desperately defending you for some reason that defies logic. I usually consider somber pretty logical when he's town, but he's got massive Toal blinders on, or I'm being played (or playing myself). But I am pretty well convinced that Toal is scum, and perhaps rolecopped me N2? That's why they started kicking up a fuss about a town watcher and why no one had revealed themselves. Oh I forgot about another line about Plastic!

Plastic attempted a gambit on Somber saying he saw him visit Bif. Toal's reactions were so weird to me but it makes a bit more sense now:

Toalpaz posted:

Info
This is a game of mafia for 13 players. I’ve gone back to basics for this one, power roles will be fairly limited. Do not join if you don’t want to play vanilla town!

is this just a straight up lie lol

what are you plastic

Somberbrero posted:

I'm vanilla, I didn't visit anyone.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Hmm. Interesting. It really sounds like we should lunch IA then.

Toalpaz posted:

yeah we can kill plastic after

"Town" Toal would never say they'd kill Plastic for a silly gambit.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Scum literally flipped, targeted to kill somber, so maybe you should entertain the fact that you could be wrong?

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Patient Notes
New round of broad spectrum antibiotics appears to have reduced several severe symptoms including diarrhoea and fever. Patient still not in condition to leave ICU however and will need further observation.

Idle Amalgam, Salmonella (Bacteria-aligned Roleblocker) has been lysed Day 3.

It is now Night 3.

quote:

Salmonella (Bacteria-aligned Roleblocker).

You are a genus of gram-negative bacteria responsible for a large number of gastrointestinal diseases including deadly typhoid fever. Damaging bacterial toxins are responsible for the majority of disease symptoms. Once per night you may choose a player to roleblock, preventing them from performing any night actions. Your preferred target cells are Gut Epithelial Cells and as such personally night killing the player with this flavour will grant you a boon.

You win when Bacteria control the vote..

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah, I basically said it earlier but I'm the gut epithelial cells. IA was hunting me. Good work toaly.

killing survivor and pushing the clock back a day is objectively the right play, even if you think I'm scum!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toal’s trying to buy himself a day here come on!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

What do you even have to say about the meniges cell not being a real cell mae?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So somber and I are effectively confirmed town now, that’s nice. Unless somber is 3P, which is possible, but then there’s no reason for him not to claim and prove Sandwolf a liar.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I need to sleep on this and re-evaluate in the morning.
Man if it’s merk and he got caught in a flavour trap he must so pissed :laugh:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

I need to sleep on this and re-evaluate in the morning.
Man if it’s merk and he got caught in a flavour trap he must so pissed :laugh:

oh my god i guess i will endure a night of this

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Toalpaz posted:

oh my god i guess i will endure a night of this

I’ve been dumb enough this game I don’t want to be responsible for ending it on a bad note

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Maerlyn you tunnel in on toal every other game it seems so I hardly think you're one to accuse me of wearing blinders. Seriously, haven't we done this exact song and dance multiple times?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

Toal’s trying to buy themself a day here come on!

This from the survivor 😏

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somberbrero posted:

Maerlyn you tunnel in on toal every other game it seems so I hardly think you're one to accuse me of wearing blinders. Seriously, haven't we done this exact song and dance multiple times?

It's been a long time since I've been suspicious of Toal, especially to this extent.

I don't understand the amount of defense you are giving them unless it's for some reason/pocketing them or you're scum together... But a 4 scum game and a survivor seems high?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

It's been a long time since I've been suspicious of Toal, especially to this extent.

I don't understand the amount of defense you are giving them unless it's for some reason/pocketing them or you're scum together... But a 4 scum game and a survivor seems high?

If you reread their interactions with IA throughout the game it just seems so unlikely they were partners. I find that to be more compelling than the arguments being made otherwise. If we vote Toal and we're wrong, that's likely game. Punting by flipping Sandwolf just gives us more information.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh, gently caress it, may as well make this interesting ##vote toal
:pray:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Everyone stop posting, Toalpaz just got hammered and the mod's probably AFK!

Votecount for Day 4
With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 03rd, 2021 at 2 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 20 hours, 39 minutes.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somberbrero posted:

If you reread their interactions with IA throughout the game it just seems so unlikely they were partners. I find that to be more compelling than the arguments being made otherwise. If we vote Toal and we're wrong, that's likely game. Punting by flipping Sandwolf just gives us more information.

I guess I read the interactions between IA and Toal much differently. There's really no pressure on IA and they try to find avenues to not vote IA. Plastic said the same.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Toal who scum then, cause you were fine lunching IA day 1 until you weren't, you were fine voting IA on day 2 until you weren't, and once again you're repeating that exact same process.It seems pretty obvious that Toal wants to be seen voting IA, but is consistently refusing to commit and always trying to push someone else instead.

(It's IA and Toal let's just dunk IA now.)

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Patient Notes
Side effects from targeted antibiotics have been severe with little sign that the infection has been treated.

Toalpaz, Fibroblasts (Body-aligned Vanilla) has been lysed Day 4.

quote:

Fibroblasts (Body-aligned Vanilla).

You are a collection of cells responsible for the synthesis of collagen and other materials that provide structure for various tissues. You are also involved in wound healing. Apart from the ability to discuss and vote in thread you have no other powers.

You win when all threats to Body are eliminated.

It is now Night 4.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Toalpaz (4): Maerlyn, merk, merk, merk, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Sandwolf, Retro Futurist
Sandwolf (2): merk, Toalpaz, Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist, Somberbrero, merk, merk, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, merk, Toalpaz, Retro Futurist, Toalpaz, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Retro Futurist, Toalpaz
Retro Futurist (0): Somberbrero, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Toalpaz, merk, merk, Toalpaz, Sandwolf, Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Somberbrero, Sandwolf

Not Voting (0):

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 03rd, 2021 at 2 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 19 hours, 40 minutes.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Patient Notes
Patient catheter appears to have become infected. Evidence that severely suppressed immune system is leading to widespread opportunistic infection.

Retro Futurist, Urogenital Epithelial Cells (Body-aligned Vanilla) has been lysed Night 4.

quote:

Urogenital Epithelial Cells (Body-aligned Vanilla).

You are the epithelial cells which line the urogenital tract. You are responsible for the secretion of various compounds that prevent colonisation from harmful microbes. Apart from the ability to discuss and vote in thread you have no other powers.

You win when all threats to Body are eliminated.

It is now Day 5.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (4): Maerlyn, merk, Sandwolf, Somberbrero

With 4 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 06th, 2021 at 5 a.m. UTC -- that's in about 3 days, 9 hours.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This appears bad.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m quite possibly the busiest I will ever be in my professional career for the next six or more hours. Please don’t murder while I am not here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Lmao

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
In fact, lol.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:zombie: Oh thank god

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think it’s somb actually. Wild I was blind before.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
But I’m committed to an actual full reread.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

I think it’s somb actually. Wild I was blind before.

You have to be kidding me.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hard for me to imagine merk bussing voodoo that hard but he did completely gently caress us here at the finish line by taking advantage of Maerlyn tunneling on Toal again instead of making the singular optimal play. Idk I was assuming it was Sandwolf actually as scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah I'm probably going to vote merk. Maerlyn I'll wait if you want to talk it through. Also depends on what Sandwolf wants to do lol, he's pretty much in charge of how this goes down if he's telling the truth.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I hate whichever of you left me alive.

I watched merk, no visitors.

I will likely vote Somb or Sand here...I can see Sand lying about being a survivor but need to look back.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Why didn't I just lie and say I watched RF, goddammit....lol.

I could have gambitted but I didn't think about it in time. Whoo me.

I'm most suspicious of somber but I'm not committing to anything firm yet.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm really frustrated so I'm going to try to come back tonight with a better attitude and convince you otherwise.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lmfao well as bitter as I am about almost being eliminated yesterday I stand by what I’ve said, I want to win with town. I don’t see a reason to speedrun this day either especially if merk is chock-a-block for the day.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Maerlyn, I fought yesterday to keep us from being in this unwinnable scenario.

If you read back through day two, the Voodoo case comes out of nowhere. I don't think merk expected to see that much traction or else Voodoo felt more confident in his ability to steer the lunch initially. I can believe it as bussing reading back through with hindsight.

Merk isn't really involved in the IA lunch on day three and in fact makes a solid effort to move it to RF.

Merk, Mister 3p's Must Die, allows a survivor to enter lylo. That's unbelievably out of character.

I know this game is probably lost either way, but I'd at least like to convince you it's not me as a personal goal.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Honestly I've played a pretty weak game so no shade if you decide to vote me Maer. Sorry I've been a pill at points this game.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

lmfao well as bitter as I am about almost being eliminated yesterday I stand by what I’ve said, I want to win with town. I don’t see a reason to speedrun this day either especially if merk is chock-a-block for the day.

I want your thoughts, not just "I'll vote with town".

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I will apologize for nothing this game. Ash to ash. Dust to dust. Toal to Toal.

Let’s win. Make cases. Let’s go.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Somberbrero posted:

Honestly I've played a pretty weak game so no shade if you decide to vote me Maer. Sorry I've been a pill at points this game.

How dare you make an emotional appeal, you jerk...lol.

I have double rereads to do but even though I feel more biased towards voting you at the moment, I'm going to pull my hair out if Sandwolf "lurks" to a scum victory yet again.

The merk vote/case on voodoo doesn't make sense as a bus out of the blue. I've played a game recently where merk was scum and he did everything possible to avoid bussing other scum, I don't see him going into hard mode for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maerlyn posted:

I want your thoughts, not just "I'll vote with town".

I had a town read on merk for most of the game but he has looked a little.. I don’t know. Desperate? In the last two days.

Realistically I think it’s somber for last scum. They bussed a teammate when they had to and they pointed to that as evidence of their towniness for days.