Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Double DPS builds are fun. When you need to up your total DPS then you can look into the meta. Until then, enjoy

Yeah I should have specified that it’s my overworld team. Works for some domains too but if I need to do anything remotely difficult i swap out the geo dudes for Fischl/Beidou (which is also fun)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I'm running Ganyu as ult-bot/support for Ayaka. It's really nice, though definitely luxurious.

I would switch to freeze if I had Mona but I just don't need everyone built as selfish DPS.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

No Wave posted:

Diona has pretty low healing, imo the worst healing for a healer by a pretty good margin. I'm just keeping noblesse on her.

Run a heal hat on her, everyone is basically healed to full in 2-3 ticks and nearly invincible while the field is up in my experience.

You don't sacrifice too much on the shield either.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

No, they just started doing it in the 2.X patches, for characters who have been in the game a while but never actually showed up in the main story.

This might be dumb but do you mean the popups or the hangout/character quests?

I think someone mentioned Xinyan wasn't actually a new character and Aloy doesn't really count so I guess they add those at a slightly faster rate than characters?

Hu Tao has been a complete beast and I want to hang out with her. :smith:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Detheros posted:

Run a heal hat on her, everyone is basically healed to full in 2-3 ticks and nearly invincible while the field is up in my experience.

You don't sacrifice too much on the shield either.

Her healing just doesn’t work well with ocean hued clam

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
My Diona isn't fully ascended but she heals 4k per tick which is decent. Have to agree that she is not a on par with dedicated healers. Diona's healing ticks at half the speed of Bennett so she does make you wait around which is not good.

I went with advice here and gave Diona an R3 Favonius bow so she could battery. Problem is her crit rate is <20% so it's not reliable for the extra particles. I'm not gonna build her with blizzard strayer just for crit rate, she's a shielder first and a healer second so the particle generation is tertiary. I really think she would be better off with the sac bow. Better shield uptime means you don't need heals and the extra charged casts mean extra elemental particles.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Acerbatus posted:

This might be dumb but do you mean the popups or the hangout/character quests?

I think someone mentioned Xinyan wasn't actually a new character and Aloy doesn't really count so I guess they add those at a slightly faster rate than characters?

Hu Tao has been a complete beast and I want to hang out with her. :smith:

I think that after GI's release miHoYo settled into the decision that 5* characters get special story quests and 4* characters get hangouts. The 4* story quests that currently exist (Xingqiu, Amber, Kaeya, Xiangling, Lisa, and Razor) were all available on release, and thus far there have been no hangout events for 5* characters.

I'm a little curious about what they plan to do with those 4* story quests in the future, honestly. Are they just going to be kept as-is? Are we never going to get to hangout events with any of those characters?

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
Yeah I moved my Diona to Sac bow because the idea of grinding crit rate artifacts on her when I was already giving her the leftovers wasn't going to happen. My Fav bow will find its home on Gorou.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

padijun posted:

Her healing just doesn’t work well with ocean hued clam

Oh, I run Noblesse.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Baiard posted:

Yeah I moved my Diona to Sac bow because the idea of grinding crit rate artifacts on her when I was already giving her the leftovers wasn't going to happen. My Fav bow will find its home on Gorou.
Sac bow's interaction with her skill projectiles is so good that I can never in good faith swap it out for any other weapon.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Baiard posted:

This is a sound idea, since other than her ult, her damage ability is the worst in the game. War Barbara beats her soundly.

Have the new outfits been leaked yet?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
e:nm

Kale
May 14, 2010

Eventually 7 years from now Genshin Impact will have 365 characters, one for a birthday every day of the year. The celebration will be eternal. The tributes endless. :tinfoil:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

And Kaeya sending me 10 crystal cores will still be the best one.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Getting back into Genshin Impact. Just finished the Inazuma Archon quest and Albedo's quest leading to the Rise of the Fell Flower. Wow I've been spoiled for good videogame story writing.

I particularly liked the glassblowing analogy for artificial life constructs in Albedo's Dragonspine quest. Some writer really thought about the mechanics of alchemy.

I just could not get into Kokomi's little girl voice with the English VA though. To me a little girl's voice talking about all these military tactics and plans just doesn't make sense. I get she is suppose to be some sort of tactical savant, but they could have chosen another voice.

Anyway, game good.

Edit:

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

loving loved this.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Ganyu sending me a Qingxin seed so that I can't accept the mail because I'm full :argh:

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Redmark posted:

Ganyu sending me a Qingxin seed so that I can't accept the mail because I'm full :argh:

And there was no way to just delete a seed!!! I had to pull up a silk flower plant to plant a seed to make space. They did not think that through.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

This is a sound idea, since other than her ult, her damage ability is the worst in the game. War Barbara beats her soundly.

Hell, even with her burst. It's really funny that her ascension stat is Cryo DMG and one of her constellations makes her charge arrows faster.

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

And there was no way to just delete a seed!!! I had to pull up a silk flower plant to plant a seed to make space. They did not think that through.

You could've just waited until harvest. Now you've got a plot out of sync!

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
So random thought here, is it possible that Ocean Hued Clam might make sense for Bennet? I'm thinking you focus on HP/HP/Healing Bonus and save it for situations someone is going to be taking a ton of damage anyway?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Solkanar512 posted:

So random thought here, is it possible that Ocean Hued Clam might make sense for Bennet? I'm thinking you focus on HP/HP/Healing Bonus and save it for situations someone is going to be taking a ton of damage anyway?

Wouldn’t the healing cutting of at 70% make that really inefficient?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It's pretty much only usable on healers with multitarget and good uptime. Bennett and Diona can't team heal, Noelle and Sayu (and the other two) have poor uptime. Everyone else should be able to use it well.

Selane
May 19, 2006

So far the only birthday gifts I can think of that have actual resin value are Klee and Bennett's, unless I'm forgetting a couple.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Ugh, I feel marginally guilty. This happened earlier today to me and I found a solution, but never posted it anywhere. All you have to do is switch realm layouts, put a new plot out, and then plant a seed there. Then you can switch back to your original.

I also used this trick to plant the flowers for the event a little bit ago. They grow in about 15 minutes, so you grow them in another realm, then go back once you're done. No need to uproot anything. I guess it's too late this time, but it's good to know for future reference?

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

MoonCrab posted:

Ugh, I feel marginally guilty. This happened earlier today to me and I found a solution, but never posted it anywhere. All you have to do is switch realm layouts, put a new plot out, and then plant a seed there. Then you can switch back to your original.

I also used this trick to plant the flowers for the event a little bit ago. They grow in about 15 minutes, so you grow them in another realm, then go back once you're done. No need to uproot anything. I guess it's too late this time, but it's good to know for future reference?

Wait... So you can actually grow 3x as many seeds of you switch realm layouts to increase your field capacity? That's good to know... I filled up one realm layout with junk to get the currency cap then switched layouts and never went back to the other two.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The seeds only grow in your active layout, ie, the planting duration will not tick down in your inactive layouts. It's not a useful feature except for that event.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What are people growing in their plots?

I've been planting lotus pods (universal peace), Qingxin flowers (Tianshu Meat), and Mushrooms (mushroom pizza). Ganyu's seeds were most welcome.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 3, 2021

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
I've gotten too lazy to actively gather seeds...so I'm actually growing some Mint in my fields. :shobon:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
We shouldn't need to equip the box. Just toggle it on, like a pet.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Bloody Emissary posted:

I've gotten too lazy to actively gather seeds...so I'm actually growing some Mint in my fields. :shobon:

Yooo.
Got a field of sweet flowers I never harvest, next to the alchemy table and Sucrose.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

They must get this in thousands of surveys. I try to mention it when I can. Same with the gliding feather imo.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

You can buy seeds from the teapot bird for 5 coins. It’s okay.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I mostly grow Lotus Head and chili for Jade Parcels, and alternate between Naku Weed and Violetgrass for the remaining fields. There's not really much point to it since I have over 1000+ of each plant already, 4000+ for some of them, but it feels like a waste not to grow anything. Plus the primogems for growing enough crops, I guess.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
:lol:

https://twitter.com/takedam_5_01973/status/1465977745763368960?s=21

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What are people growing in their plots?

I've been planting lotus pods (universal peace), Qingxin flowers (Tianshu Meat), and Mushrooms (mushroom pizza). Ganyu's seeds were most welcome.

It was carrots and radishes for a while but now I'm working on mint, violetgrass, glaze lillies and horsetails.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Waiting for them to give us four slots for gadgets. It looks like we should have that many on PS4 at least.

Anyway, this event loving owwwwwwwwwwns, characters interacting and having their personalities bounce off each other is great! Also teasing Eula about being such a tsundere.

One thing I wanted to bring up was that I somehow happened upon long Albedo and it got me thinking about time skip designs. Sadly I'm not finding much art of that compared to outfit swaps.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Im...utm_term=kvpzey
https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Im...utm_term=kzsba5

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Been playing on the lowest settings on my lovely laptop with a small screen for months. Finally got the new computer last night and man, this game is beautiful.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1466739000127856643
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKBkE6jQp1Q

Free 200 primo gems over the next 4 days starting tomorrow apparently because Genshin won some Playstation Partner Grand Prize Award thing in Japan.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nice timing. dunno if I'll hit hard pity but I'll be close by the time this banner ends

can't wait to lose the 50/50

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

gandlethorpe posted:

It's pretty much only usable on healers with multitarget and good uptime. Bennett and Diona can't team heal, Noelle and Sayu (and the other two) have poor uptime. Everyone else should be able to use it well.

Thanks! Jean might be an interesting choice in double ameno teams then. Just glad to see these really interesting artifact sets now.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Solkanar512 posted:

Thanks! Jean might be an interesting choice in double ameno teams then. Just glad to see these really interesting artifact sets now.

I don't normally like talking about characters I don't own, but I'm PRETTY SURE that Jean is better off just doing either raw damage with 2xVV/2xNO, or 4VV EM swirl with Bennett. The new set is for characters that have low damage outputs for the amount of field time they take, which isn't the case for Jean at all.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

valuum posted:

Been playing on the lowest settings on my lovely laptop with a small screen for months. Finally got the new computer last night and man, this game is beautiful.

Going from PS4 and 15-20 seconds every time i fast travelled and pop in galore as well as low res placeholder textures when more than 50 in game meters or so from any asset to near instant load times is a game changer for me personally. Like save so much session time on loading and menu lag. Itd get so bad sometimes when browsing the archives the game would sometimes crash.