Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Corn Glizzy posted:

Well that’s entirely too much pressure, I never expected this, I need to lie down

And an PI BNeed to ULie CDown to you, brethren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Now that I'm able to drink carbonation again I tested a maybe 1-2 year old Kirkland Sparkling flavored water that was in the back of my fridge. It had no carbonation so I threw it out and went out and bought another pack.

This stuff is really good. I'm having a kiwi strawberry one and drat, I'm a fan. It even has some vitamins.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I celebrated when the Costco Business Center opened up last year, because it meant that I no longer had to drive all the way to Restaurant Row for bulk goods.

But first it was the bleach, then the taquitos, then the protein bars, and now the ice cream: it seems that Costco is slowly shifting what I can only assume are my favorite lower margin items to be only available at the BC, to make room for more impulse buy crap at the main.

And they don't have booze or pet supplies at the BC, so I can't do a one stop shop there. It sucks and I hate it.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Lookit this guy complaining about too many Costcos...

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I celebrated when the Costco Business Center opened up last year, because it meant that I no longer had to drive all the way to Restaurant Row for bulk goods.

But first it was the bleach, then the taquitos, then the protein bars, and now the ice cream: it seems that Costco is slowly shifting what I can only assume are my favorite lower margin items to be only available at the BC, to make room for more impulse buy crap at the main.

And they don't have booze or pet supplies at the BC, so I can't do a one stop shop there. It sucks and I hate it.

ban this filth for insufficient piety in the costco thread

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Are the breakfast burritos with green chiles they always have any good? Are they super chile forward? I like my breakfast burritos to be more breakfast than burrito but a little chile sounds fine.

what brand are they? the one brand of frozen burritos i have seen at costco are Red's brand. in my opinion Red's are one of the better frozen burritos i have had, but of course, given the state of frozen burrito technology, it is not going to be a culinary masterpiece

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Hatch 505 green chile on a Red's burrito is a pro match. Also, heat your frozen burritos in the oven. Microwaving them is inferior in every way.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

It is slightly quicker to use the microwave, who cares if it makes everything taste like rotting garbage

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

FogHelmut posted:

Which ones are those?

The spinach mozzarella raviolis.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone gotten one do the new Jachs Flannel jackets??

I still wear the jachs flannels i got couple years ago. The flannel jackets look up my alley!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
The big plastic containers that are black with the bumblebee yellow lid that are only $11 is an insane deal. They NEST for stacking vertically.

I had to buy large storage containers lately so I'm familiar with pricing and I'm telling you oh my God you'll never find a better deal in a store.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a
They were like $8.50 or so in August, which was nice to see when I found out I had to clear out a public storage space suddenly around that time. They’re great!

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

They go on sale regularly. Is $11 the regular price or sale price right now?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Spinz posted:

The big plastic containers that are black with the bumblebee yellow lid that are only $11 is an insane deal. They NEST for stacking vertically.

I had to buy large storage containers lately so I'm familiar with pricing and I'm telling you oh my God you'll never find a better deal in a store.

I find myself buying a few of these every quarter for some new purpose.

For lighter stuff though I really like the clear ones so I can see in them. I have two dedicated to paint/drywall, one dedicated to electrical.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I've only been to the business center a few times, but I recall for things like produce you're buying it by the crate, like 20-30 tomatoes instead of 5-6.

I don't really remember there being a good stock of normal Costco items, just a ton of restaurant focused sizes.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

FogHelmut posted:

They go on sale regularly. Is $11 the regular price or sale price right now?

Regular

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Just bought a jachs flannel jacket and drat is it hefty hefty hefty. $19.99 also! On sale from 29 buckos

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Spinz posted:

I just bought a small 12" plastic container off of Amazon for storing crafts and stuff and it was $23.

When I went to Costco this week I got a big steel 100lb 3 or 4 tier storage shelf for like $100 I think.

PBUC

edit: I also got this https://www.costco.com/orvis-men%E2%80%99s-fleece-lined-quarter-zip-pullover-.product.100754765.html fleece lined sweater and I've turned my heat down a degree in my house since I bought it.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 3, 2021

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
i have had 1500 calories of stroopwaffels since Thanksgiving

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

i have had 1500 calories of stroopwaffels since Thanksgiving

That's nothing I would eat 1 of their pumpkin pies by myself in 2 days I stopped buying them because I seriously think I might give myself a heart attack

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

My girlfriend hadn't had Costco pizza in ten years until this week and it was a total throwback. I got her a super cute cardigan and I got a faux fur lined waffle knit which is extremely comfy. Might go back for another tbh

Also I loving love pomagranates holy poo poo I'm so glad they're back in season

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just bought a small 12" plastic container off of Amazon for storing crafts and stuff and it was $23.

When I went to Costco this week I got a big steel 100lb 3 or 4 tier storage shelf for like $100 I think.

PBUC

edit: I also got this https://www.costco.com/orvis-men%E2%80%99s-fleece-lined-quarter-zip-pullover-.product.100754765.html fleece lined sweater and I've turned my heat down a degree in my house since I bought it.

Just be aware when you wash it, I think it's the most absorbant material I've ever had. It took days to dry it out. My washing machine couldn't properly wring it out.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Where are the hatch chilis usually located? I’ve checked two Costco’s and can’t find them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

StormDrain posted:

Just be aware when you wash it, I think it's the most absorbant material I've ever had. It took days to dry it out. My washing machine couldn't properly wring it out.

I didn't think of that. And my dryer now takes about 2 cycles to get my clothes dry. Hmm...

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Kaddish posted:

Where are the hatch chilis usually located? I’ve checked two Costco’s and can’t find them.

Last time I saw them it was a big pallet of the 48oz jars by the canned & dried foods area.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

SamDabbers posted:

Hatch 505 green chile on a Red's burrito is a pro match. Also, heat your frozen burritos in the oven. Microwaving them is inferior in every way.

I just had my first steak and cilantro red's with the 505 and it really blew my expectations for a microwaveable burrito away.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Are the breakfast burritos with green chiles they always have any good? Are they super chile forward? I like my breakfast burritos to be more breakfast than burrito but a little chile sounds fine.

I just dunk it in del primo habanera sauce and it's good enough on non taco days at work.

Our warehouse morning crew orders breakfast tacos twice a week.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

I didn't think of that. And my dryer now takes about 2 cycles to get my clothes dry. Hmm...

costco sells dryers, idiot

do I have to think of everything around here!?!?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

your shits either toast or you have hella lint in your ducts or whatever

my apartments quarter fed dryer drys everything on delicate in 40 minutes tops

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Lunch today was the classic Costco special: 2 Dogs 1 Cup

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

your shits either toast or you have hella lint in your ducts or whatever

my apartments quarter fed dryer drys everything on delicate in 40 minutes tops

I definitely need to clean out the base of the duct. I cleaned the top where it exits the house but was too lazy to pull it away from the wall and do that whole thing. I've had it on my to do list on my phone for like a month.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Seems pretty loving dumb I have to wait 20 minutes in line to buy a retail item (auto battery) after I have my groceries because they use the same line to schedule auto appointments. At least I can return the meat if it goes gross, but I don't want to have to.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

It could be compounded by the fact that I washed it alone. After I washed it on hand wash it was soaked, which is typical for that cycle because it uses a low spin speed, for sweaters I usually just run spin only and that'll get a lot of water out but it came out the exact same.

I had to wash it because it smelled like a factory. Like oil and exhaust.

Otherwise it rocks. For some reason my local had about half the stock in small size. Which is amazing since most clothes either don't come in small or in such low quantity that they sell out. That's the downside of living in the thinnest state of the union.

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
It's also stupid that there's no way to complete a transaction for a car battery without getting a manager out for key service.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no
Gotta keep the bat-trees on lock down. Otherwise they all end up in the ocean.

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.

binge crotching posted:

Lunch today was the classic Costco special: 2 Dogs 1 Cup

Wait. Can you just order a dog? I always feel locked in to the dog and soda deal and am afraid to rebel.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah it costs the same and you don't get a cup

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I mean, you can just fill the cup with water...

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Picked up one of these babies and drat is it warm and cozy. It says fleece but it's basically a Sherpa lined sweatshirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Asian
May 24, 2006
*BOOMSHAKALAKA*
Where are you guys that you can't just pickup a battery from the shelf and checkout regularly with your other things? Here in BC Canada that's how it is at least