Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I won't get to log until Saturday afternoon, and I'm sure there are going to be some guildies that have finished the MSQ by then.

Endwalker GotY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Me at lunchtime: "Ah poo poo this queue of 1,700 people has barely gone down after 20 minutes, guess I'll wait until after work to log in."

Me after work: "5,700" :shepicide:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Ends are Walked

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

RBA Starblade posted:

The Ends are Walked

On the moon, no less

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ffxiv: ewwww

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Jay Rust posted:

How do you get those spotify lists? I see a “Wrapped” playlist but it’s just a playlist, no fancy “top 5 made-up genres” or “your energy’s colour is murple”

my partner had to go into the app store and update the app before it appeared

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Endwalker won't be 2021 GOTY because no one will actually be able to log in and play it until 2022

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Jay Rust posted:

ffxiv: ewwww

but enough about your posting

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm home and now currently 3,690th in the queue

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

how long does this kind of thing usually take to calm down

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what servers are you people even on, i just logged out and back in on excalibur and there was no queue

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

One of the Euro ones

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Omega?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Help Im Alive posted:

how long does this kind of thing usually take to calm down

It's already calm. People are just on bad data centers :smuggo:

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

homeless snail posted:

what servers are you people even on, i just logged out and back in on excalibur and there was no queue

Yoship treats his best like they're the best

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't have to queue at all to play video games :smug:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

cheetah7071 posted:

Here's my list, in the order I remembered to add them to my list, which is roughly chronological and not by quality. A little "sneak peak" of my goty post

Fire Emblem Heroes
Atelier Marie
FFXIV ShB
OoTR
Control
DOS2
Atelier Ryza 2
Bravely Default 2
Atelier Lilie
Nimpize Adventure
Master of Time
Gnosia
Chess
Touhou Luna Nights
Atelier Sophie
New Pokemon Snap
Subnautica Below Zero
SMT Nocturne
SMT4A
Legend of Mana
Code Vein
Shadowverse
Scarlet Nexus
Ashes of Erebus
Civ 6
Shadowverse Champion’s Battle
Project Ember
Pokemon Masters
Desperados 3
Crown Trick
Labyrinth of Touhou
Subterranean Animism
Unconnected Marketeers
SMT5
Blue Reflection 2

The most incredible thing, to me, about this list is that there's so many games on it but I don't agree on a single one

Crown Trick was okay I guess and so was Subnautica Zero but it's still uncanny

wow that's . . . really loving stupid

Draga posted:

The only fish I like is tuna and maybe salmon. Other fish can GTFO.

no hamachi!?? broooo....

Salmon, tuna and yellowtail are the jewels in the fish meat crown

But there's so many more good ones too

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Muscle Tracer posted:

my partner had to go into the app store and update the app before it appeared

Thanks this worked!

Sadly nothing really notable to share, my genres are real genres, that exist

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Might give up and try again in the morning, it's not gone down in past 15 minutes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1659420/UNCHARTED_Legacy_of_Thieves_Collection/

:aaaaa:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Anyone said Unfarted yet?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

whaaaaaaaaaaaat

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vncharted

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unfarted Legacy of Bowel Movement Collection

Play
Apr 25, 2006

GlyphGryph posted:

Inscryption is such an incredibly good game, I can't believe I only heard about it this week. Have I somehow missed all the chatter about it by chance or is it something people are sleeping on? I honestly think it might be my GOTY right now.

There's a whole thread, check it out. And yeah it's a pretty special game.

I still need to finish got a little frustrated after dying earlier than I did the run before a couple times. But I believe I'll get back to it eventually.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Realtalk wouldn't a beat em up (or "belt action game") be pretty good with a fight stick

'belt action game'? wow. i hate it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How about Bloodborne next time

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
belt action is a rad genre name, as is search action

my phone wanted that to say belly action, which would be shantae i think. or kirby

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RBA Starblade posted:

The Ends are Walked

the ends... still walked

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

How about Bloodborne next time

even with the porting difficulties you'd think the sales on this would make up for it

I know I, a completely normal individual totally representative of the broader population, would buy it again just to be able to play it on something that isn't a PS4

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1466820662174097410

bad news for Game Pass, not because of the competition in and of itself but because Sony is likely to moneyhat third-party games to keep them off the competing service (including on PC, where Sony won't even have a directly competing offering). maybe I shouldn't have prepaid for two years

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Play posted:

The most incredible thing, to me, about this list is that there's so many games on it but I don't agree on a single one

how can you disagree with a list sorted chronologically

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

cheetah7071 posted:

lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
oh, you're still on the gregorian calendar? that's cute

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Barry Convex posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1466820662174097410

bad news for Game Pass, not because of the competition in and of itself but because Sony is likely to moneyhat third-party games to keep them off the competing service (including on PC, where Sony won't even have a directly competing offering). maybe I shouldn't have prepaid for two years

I'd love Sony to do this right but there's no way they'd include new first party titles or make any effort towards PC so it's basically worthless to me.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm not disagreeing on the order ya dunce, I'm disagreeing that any of those games are good, at all. And meanwhile that out of all the amazing games I played this year none of them are on that list

it's just funny that people can and do absolutely love such different types of games and that is exemplified so dramatically here

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yikes. thats a self own

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Play posted:

I'm not disagreeing on the order ya dunce, I'm disagreeing that any of those games are good, at all. And meanwhile that out of all the amazing games I played this year none of them are on that list

it's just funny that people can and do absolutely love such different types of games and that is exemplified so dramatically here

luckily for you I included the bad games I played, too, so we have some agreement

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Play posted:

it's just a list of games cheetah played this year lol

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Play posted:

post the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
People actually read all these lists???