Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im gonna double feature it with the little hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Showgirls is a masterpiece and I'm looking forward to this one ngl
big same

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
watched eps 3 and 4 of liveboy bebop last night. it's a "bad" show but i enjoy it for its corniness

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Slippery Tilde

shoeberto posted:

Imo it's like OG Tron to the new one Disney made. New one is an objectively better movie but the original was such a unique visual spectacle that it's far more memorable.

yup

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

as someone who went to 14 years of Catholic school,

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Carthag Tuek posted:

good choice

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Jonny 290 posted:

watched eps 3 and 4 of liveboy bebop last night. it's a "bad" show but i enjoy it for its corniness

it’s fun. not everything has to be prestige tv or fine art

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Jonny 290 posted:

we finished it a couple nights ago. it ends up netting a B for me, but it has every potential to improve in season 2

it's corny/goofy in a fun way. it also fleshes out/reconfigures some of the back story in a way that makes a lot of sense

also if anything faye is way less annoying than in the original imo

fun fact: they tried to do her anime original costume but couldn't hide enough stunt/fight padding. the faye actress helped develop the new costume herself

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

im watchin that Arcane show on netflix and its real pretty

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

rotor posted:

im watchin that Arcane show on netflix and its real pretty
imagine paychecks theme song lol

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
it's definitely pretty. and it's good overall. has some anime music videos in it. has a bit less to say than it thinks it does. also has a real planescape "each of these badasses represents a cogent moral/ethical position" vibe. and nobody's allowed to be happy. but ya i dug it

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

imagine paychecks theme song lol

theres a "skip intro" button and you'll want to be pressing it

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

theres a "skip intro" button and you'll want to be pressing it
i am told the band shows up in an episode so lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

i am told the band shows up in an episode so lol

theres a band playing the song yeah, idk if theyre supposed to look like the dudes tho

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Carthag Tuek posted:

i went to see the little hours with my mom pro watch with your mom movie

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

rotor posted:

theres a band playing the song yeah, idk if theyre supposed to look like the dudes tho
i suppose i would have no way of knowing without looking it up either lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bump_fn posted:

i went to see the little hours with my mom pro watch with your mom movie

my mom has cataracts & she wants the plot intro read out loud to get a feel for the movie, which is fine, but my idiot dad read out loud "sex comedy" so you know

i did watch it w my dad, and it was good

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

so anyway i just started watching the expanse, and i also realized remember why i stopped watching it

i know that the patois is supposed to be like a belter thing but it just sounds like white people pretending to be jamaican. its like the trru tru movie w tom hanks

like an uncle trying to be hip by mentioning anything online at all. i cant watch it. good luck w the show.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nanoraptor/status/1466915517516562433

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lmao

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

i guess benedetta is in theaters, i thought that it went straight to streaming, just got back from watching it, good verhoeven

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

you motherf

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

netflix you pieces of poo poo give me the rest of the jolyne episodes.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/jacobdotgov/status/1466596133539508225

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

finished the foundation tv show. it’s fine

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah. I wish Anderson Dawes/Lane Price/idk his real name was in it more and idc at all about the Australian mathematician from waterworld

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

yeah. I wish Anderson Dawes/Lane Price/idk his real name was in it more and idc at all about the Australian mathematician from waterworld

i don’t know who anderson dawes or lane price are

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i couldn't name most actors/actresses if my life depended on it, but if you say jay chou i'm ready to go

mystes
May 31, 2006

I guess it's not technically sci-fi but I watched Alex Rider season 2 and it has some of the worst dumb computer stuff of any tv show ever to the point where it's basically sci-fi so I feel justified posting it here.

In general the writing seemed amazingly bad although it was somewhat entertaining despite that. Everything is super cliched and none of the decisions that any characters make ever make sense through the entire show.

mystes fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 5, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fart simpson posted:

i don’t know who anderson dawes or lane price are

fuckin… the guy who invents math, I forget his name in Doindation

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

verhoeven working on another american movie hell yes i'll be there opening day

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/03/movies/paul-verhoeven-benedetta.html

mystes
May 31, 2006

indigi posted:

I feel overall there was quite a lot of him

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mystes posted:

I feel overall there was quite a lot of him

never enough. whenever he’s not on screen I’m asking “where is JARED Harris” (I googled his name)

he’s the best actor in the show and the story isn’t compelling enough for me to need to watch more Salvor Hardin or Gaal Dornick flailing about in their plotlines, give me more Harris being charming and reserved and Lee Pace chewing scenery

mystes
May 31, 2006

indigi posted:

never enough. whenever he’s not on screen I’m asking “where is JARED Harris” (I googled his name)

he’s the best actor in the show and the story isn’t compelling enough for me to need to watch more Salvor Hardin or Gaal Dornick flailing about in their plotlines, give me more Harris being charming and reserved and Lee Pace chewing scenery
He knows 100% of everything that happens in the future so obviously he can't appear too often or it would ruin the plot.

He also gives one of the other characters a LITERAL MYSTERY BOX, lol this loving show.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

mystes posted:

I guess it's not technically sci-fi but I watched Alex Rider season 2 and it has some of the worst dumb computer stuff of any tv show ever to the point where it's basically sci-fi so I feel justified posting it here.

In general the writing seemed amazingly bad although it was somewhat entertaining despite that. Everything is super cliched and none of the decisions that any characters make ever make sense through the entire show.

it's literally based on a young adults book series, the characters being one-dimensional and defined entirely by their interactions with the lead is pretty much expected.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jabor posted:

it's literally based on a young adults book series, the characters being one-dimensional and defined entirely by their interactions with the lead is pretty much expected.
I mean that part isn't any different from something like jack reacher anyway, but they could work a little harder on the plot making some semblance of sense.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
teaser trailer for the sequel to the best marvel movie ever just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnBzcLQUhYQ

aw yiss

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

FMguru posted:

teaser trailer for the sequel to the best marvel movie ever just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnBzcLQUhYQ

aw yiss

why’d they drop a teaser for thor 3? didn’t that come out a few years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Amazon uk deal of the day: all six DUNC books for a quid apiece, if you want to ignore the sterling advice of 'it's never too soon to stop reading DUNE sequels'

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html/ref=pe_151291_643308281_pe_reftag/?node=4725112031