Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Angry Asian posted:

Where are you guys that you can't just pickup a battery from the shelf and checkout regularly with your other things? Here in BC Canada that's how it is at least

Mine moved batteries from the regular store part into the tire shop. It's not as good. But I have to deal with them for the core refund anyway. Anymore I bring the dead battery in to the store and buy and swap in one transaction. I helps to have more than one car, of course I also need to buy a lot of batteries. I got hit with the bad battery lottery this year and had to replace two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
wrong thread ~

no_tears
Dec 20, 2020

Bing Bong
Closest Costco near me has diesel. Haven't seen that before in other locations.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

large hands posted:

Picked up one of these babies and drat is it warm and cozy. It says fleece but it's basically a Sherpa lined sweatshirt

Wearing mine right now :hfive:

It also looks legitimately great as a women's sweatshirt

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Knot My President! posted:

Wearing mine right now :hfive:

It also looks legitimately great as a women's sweatshirt

My wife has threatened to steal mine based purely on softness, I'd better get her one for her Christmas stocking

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

no_tears posted:

Closest Costco near me has diesel. Haven't seen that before in other locations.

It always baffles me that people live places where there isn't diesel at almost every single pump.

Then again I live in a state where there are literally 200km between service stations for like 60% of it so diesel is popular (a LandCruiser Prado gets something like 1800km on a 150 litre fill)

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

norp posted:

It always baffles me that people live places where there isn't diesel at almost every single pump.

Then again I live in a state where there are literally 200km between service stations for like 60% of it so diesel is popular (a LandCruiser Prado gets something like 1800km on a 150 litre fill)

Where I am every normal station has diesel, just Costco for whatever reason goes without.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Even with the extra work of checking out with a battery at Costco, it's worth it because you will never, ever have to deal with some pissed off AutoZone / O'Reilly employee insisting they need to charge your battery for an hour before they can warranty it.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I bought the big bag of in-shell pistachios.
I shouldn't have done that.
I am just sitting here eating pistachios. Im going to die.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Saw an asterisk next to the same peanut butter brand Costco has carried for like 15 years

so, of course, I picked some up

they did have puzzles, the Costco dog chew toys, and a whole lot of other seasonals so that was cool too. 500 piece puzzle ends up being a lot smaller than I thought it would.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

1000 piece puzzles or miss me with that poo poo

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Johnny Truant posted:

1000 piece puzzles or miss me with that poo poo

They had both in the same display at ours. Make sure it's the 1k box and you're set.

Almond poppyseed muffins are back finally at our Costco too, they tried the cinnamon streusel ones as a replacement. Those sucked.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
The folks around here must not appreciate the Costco puzzles because there is still a big display of them.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
There's a flat $8 off on vacuum sealed pork loin in some US locations and its a great deal. It gets better as you find the smallest package so it came out to almost a dollar per pound

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

They go on sale regularly. Is $11 the regular price or sale price right now?

$11 seems to be their new normal price. They were $10 last year but I mean it’s still a stupid good price. The Home Depot equivalent is $16 and feels thinner to me.

I have about 15-16 more small UHaul moving boxes I need to transition to these bins so I’ll grab a bunch in January when they go on sale for $8-9 with that inevitable after holiday storage sale.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Kevin DuBrow posted:

There's a flat $8 off on vacuum sealed pork loin in some US locations and its a great deal. It gets better as you find the smallest package so it came out to almost a dollar per pound

Just called and they're doing it at our Costco so we're on the way
Thank you Kevin!

Edit: Ooo a rare giant gently caress up from Costco I called even and it ended yesterday, so we wasted a trip. Argh

Spinz fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 5, 2021

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Got a box of those Taiwanese noodles.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Went to the co to pick up the stuff my family eats a ton of. Finally found the hatch chilies too.

Also bought a bottle of Japanese whiskey for a present for my partner. Hoping it’s good!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

BadSamaritan posted:

Went to the co to pick up the stuff my family eats a ton of. Finally found the hatch chilies too.

Also bought a bottle of Japanese whiskey for a present for my partner. Hoping it’s good!

Suntori is fantastic. Just perfect. They have a gift box that comes with some coaster for the same cost as they sell a regular bottle, so grab that if you can

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

poisonpill posted:

Suntori is fantastic. Just perfect. They have a gift box that comes with some coaster for the same cost as they sell a regular bottle, so grab that if you can

They had a Hatozaki Small Batch bottle that I picked up. Agreed that Suntori is great- I’d have grabbed that if he hadn’t talked about trying something new a little while ago.

There was also a somewhat ridiculous looking Yamato Edition whiskey that had a samurai bust on the bottle but I couldn’t bring myself to give it as a gift.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Limit 2, so I got the biggest ones since I wanted to fill my smoker and freezer. Still an amazing deal :cool:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Spinz posted:

Just called and they're doing it at our Costco so we're on the way
Thank you Kevin!

Edit: Ooo a rare giant gently caress up from Costco I called even and it ended yesterday, so we wasted a trip. Argh

No trip to the church is wasted, you go for one item and leave with 17. What 16 other items did you get?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

BadSamaritan posted:

They had a Hatozaki Small Batch bottle that I picked up. Agreed that Suntori is great- I’d have grabbed that if he hadn’t talked about trying something new a little while ago.

oh that stuff is goooood

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BadSamaritan posted:

They usually have a couple of different kinds, the Yamakazi is my favorite, but it's tripled in price over the last several years.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I went for the battery and walked out with 7lbs of 93% lean ground turkey at $2.50 per.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

There’s a Costco Business Center within walking distance of work but I can’t go there for lunch because there’s no dang food court! :mad:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The business center near me has a food court. its kinda a secret and its in a mostly industrial/retail area and its popular with the lunch crowd

well it was until it became member only

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
Just got back from Costco yesterday with the annual losing of the Costco visa card. It's always when I get a cash card for whatever reason and use it. The cashier forgot to hand it back and I forgot to ask for it back.

At least it's easy to request a new one thru the Citi mobile app.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Corn Glizzy posted:

No trip to the church is wasted, you go for one item and leave with 17. What 16 other items did you get?

2 10 dollar blankets and a freakin pumpkin pie of course

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Costco Business center isn't that great unless you want like a 50 bag crate of snack chips but in the bread aisle they had those folded crepes filled with maple syrup instead of nutella so that definitely justifies the longer trip.

Absolutely insane selection on meat, though. I think you can buy everything short of the actual cow there.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

CBC trip report:

I swung in yesterday and grabbed pans per the recommendation of this thread. 12”, 2x 10”, and 2x 8” sauté pans for $78 out the door.

Plus I got gas there too so it was a fuckin win/win.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 5, 2021

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Chinatown posted:

Got a box of those Taiwanese noodles.

these are my favorite instant noodle, although i have not tried every single instant noodle that my costco carries...

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I got 2 tri tips from the church, both vac sealed and in the freezer for now. Seemed like a decent 9.99/lb for Choice grade and the marbling looked on the higher end to me of the various packages they had and compared to the rolodex of steaks I keep in my head.

Anyway, I've never cooked tri tip before, beyond buying a smoker. How should I prepare it? I have a gas grill, gas stove, electric oven, instant pot, slow cooker, cast iron pans, umm air fryer (:v:).

Guessing maybe a sear in a pan followed by low and slow in the oven. Recipes? Methods?

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
My Costco was out of potatoes. Wild. All they had was sweet potatoes and the little tiny multicolored ones, when normally they've got the big russets, a gold of some type, another white, fingerlings, and both of those. Similarly with onion, all they had was the Oso Sweets (which are my pref, so a win). Wild.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
My Costco discontinued carrying Normandy Vegetables and I'm still confused considering other locations I've visited still have it.

What have I done to earn the wrath of the Costco god?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tetrabor posted:

My Costco discontinued carrying Normandy Vegetables and I'm still confused considering other locations I've visited still have it.

:catstare:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I stopped buying frozen veggies a few years ago and now just get fresh broccoli/carrots/whatever for my meals. A definite improvement.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I know meat prices are poo poo right now but 9.99 for choice tri tip seems especially poo poo. In the before times I got untrimmed tri tip for $1.99 a pound on sale.

I usually put a dry rub on them and stick a temp probe into them and grill them to medium rare.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016919-grilled-or-oven-roasted-santa-maria-tri-tip

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Where in the world are you getting beef under $2/lb, even in the before times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Tetrabor posted:

I hope they are just out of stock at your location and not discontinued, that's like one of the top 5 things I buy there