Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

yeah i'm gonna do this again this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m drinking nothing but water in january to spread covid awareness

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

i’m drinking nothing but water in january to spread covid awareness

same but beer

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

just found out burger king in china sells heineken. january is already lookin good.

FalseNegative
Jul 24, 2007

2>/dev/null
I have already started the caffeine detox a bit early this year (ugh). Rubios tea in the mornings because I love a hot drink to wake up with, but Watuary 2022 is looking good.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
oh, gently caress, it’s almost here. I’m down. faucet gang.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

for every beer you don’t drink, ill drink 2

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

fart simpson posted:

last month i drank over 140 high-ABV IPAs. You’re going to have a rough January.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

last month i drank over 140 high-ABV IPAs. You’re going to have a rough January.

#cirrhosislife

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

will this year finally be the year for this old chunk of coal? tbd

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

like, every time i drink something instead of beer or drinking two beers whenever I’m not?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

like, every time i drink something instead of beer or drinking two beers whenever I’m not?

i think the second option is more logically consistent

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

go big or go home.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

President Beep posted:

go big or go home.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932301

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I explained watuary to my boss last night at our xmas do. an international movement I called it. I didn’t tell him it’s origins so that he respected it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Xmas do in November???

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s a time zone thing. nz is a month ahead.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

we are the future suck it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

I explained watuary to my boss last night at our xmas do. an international movement I called it. I didn’t tell him it’s origins so that he respected it

we had a christmas dinner at work last night too because the boss is leaving mainland china for 4 months next week

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
literally next month

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i don’t understand people who don’t a) like water b) think water (even purer water) tastes “gross”

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i didn't until i moved to a place with really, really hard water. i grew up with water whose ice smelled like chlorine and that water was fine

santa barbara's water is gross though. not like make you gag gross, but gross enough that the positive properties of water aren't near as prevalent. it's not near as refreshing etc

ofc the solution is a $200 under sink filter, but at least i understand somebody looking at a big ol bottle of tap water and being like "idk man.." now

i do think it's real weird that people drink energy drinks and beer or whatever instead of water. like, even if it sucks, it's what you need. but i also end up with migraines if i get dehydrated. without that maybe being low key dehydrated wouldn't be a problem 🤷‍♀️. tbh i also think the "your pee must always be clear" thing is overstated. animals pee yellow when the have water available and i have a hard time believing all animals are dehydrating themselves (at least, not in a negative way)

if there's somebody who thinks filtered water is gross though then idk wtf

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

yea this is what i mean

i used to do taste and odor water quality research so i totally get you can have tap water that literally tastes like dirt sometimes (even though i think the gag inducement over such is overstated whatever) but there are totally folks out there who talk about even clean water as being gross and i just don’t get it like it’s a biological need, y’all

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

its because bottled water companies have spent 40 years lying to people about how tap water in unsafe

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Sweevo posted:

its because bottled water companies have spent 40 years lying to people about how tap water in unsafe

but then you’d expect those people to be fine with bottled. some are of course. many won’t even drink that.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
worst water i ever had was when a shitload of zebra mussels died in an intake pipe for the treatment plant.

it was treated and safe to drink, but smelled like rotting shelfish. only happened for a few days when they were cleaning an intake pipe. they drained it, cleaned out some parts of it, but there were other parts with big zebra mussel colonies they couldn’t get to that died and made it smell bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSOShw69Tk

like, it was difficult to even shower in it.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

worst water i ever had was when a shitload of zebra mussels died in an intake pipe for the treatment plant.

it was treated and safe to drink, but smelled like rotting shelfish. only happened for a few days when they were cleaning an intake pipe. they drained it, cleaned out some parts of it, but there were other parts with big zebra mussel colonies they couldn’t get to that died and made it smell bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbSOShw69Tk

like, it was difficult to even shower in it.

lmao that is awwwwwful

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

worst tap water i've had was living in the western Cape when the water was literally running out a couple of years back. kind of amazing really how weirdly smelling and looking tap water could get while still remaining 100% safe

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

current tap water status: glory

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

cws: hard, fucks up our glasses, but the kitchen sink has a filter :toot:

the water softener broke before we moved in, probably gonna get that replaced after the holidays

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

I dont think it’s gross by any stretch but the thing is I have no internal drive to drink it, not until I’m mega thirsty that is

I think I spent a decent part of my youth destroying all my natural relationships with food and drink.

now all that is left is hot chip and red bull

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

I dont think it’s gross by any stretch but the thing is I have no internal drive to drink it, not until I’m mega thirsty that is

I think I spent a decent part of my youth destroying all my natural relationships with food and drink.

now all that is left is hot chip and red bull

bro what’s hot
chip

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i didn't understand the point of watuary but if you're saying the rest of the year you mostly drink red bull, it makes sense. you gotta detox from that poo poo. try every other month maybe

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

i didn't understand the point of watuary but if you're saying the rest of the year you mostly drink red bull, it makes sense. you gotta detox from that poo poo. try every other month maybe

why don’t you try shutting the h*ll up!!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my sink water is top quality and i drink loads of the stuff

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it’s an amazing resource. real water heads know.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i open the tap and blam! theres the good wet stuff just gooshing everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Etuni
Jun 28, 2006

What it lacks in substance, it makes up for in pretty colors

I’m hoping to commit myself to watuary and have made peace with withdrawing from caffeine, but it’s cold where I live in January and I know I’m going to crave warm beverages. Maybe I’ll boil water and make tea, minus the tea. What’s the consensus on soups and broths?